PDA

View Full Version : Garry McAllister...putting a shift in

Iggy Pope
14-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Am I right in thinking McAllister was in the commentary box last night?
He's doing trackside at the Hawthorns early kick off (where WHU are getting skelped).
Not bad going.

Peevemor
14-02-2015, 01:09 PM
He's doing trackside at the Hawthorns early kick off (where WHU are getting skelped).
Not bad going.

:agree: It was mentioned during last night's commentary.

--------
14-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Not bad going.

Needs the money, no doubt.

IMO he's not much better at commentating than he was at taking penalties. :rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
14-02-2015, 01:50 PM
He was in the studio for Fletch and Sav this morning too saying how last night was a "disappointing result" :rolleyes:

truehibernian
14-02-2015, 01:54 PM
He's actually quite good chat........he was hanging around ER before kick off for a game last season and chatted away about stuff. Very humble, talked about Hibs in a positive way have to add - certainly no airs and graces about him.

Iggy Pope
14-02-2015, 02:31 PM
He's actually quite good chat........he was hanging around ER before kick off for a game last season and chatted away about stuff. Very humble, talked about Hibs in a positive way have to add - certainly no airs and graces about him.

I think he does ok. Remember him remarking last season on young Sam having big Stanton boots to fill. Would rather listen to him enjoying his job, than some of those other ****ers like Craigan or Burley.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Needs the money, no doubt.

IMO he's not much better at commentating than he was at taking penalties. :rolleyes:

How many did he miss? I can only remember one. You'd think teams would've stopped him taking them if he was so bad eh?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-02-2015, 03:02 PM
He was a far better player that folk up here gave him credit for.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Gary Mac was immense for Liverpool only wish we'd signed him years earlier.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 04:21 PM
He was in the studio for Fletch and Sav this morning too saying how last night was a "disappointing result" :rolleyes:

Not from where I was sitting, it wasn't. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Good player, excellent player in fact, and a decent pundit imo.

He seemed to be hounded by a lot of Scotland fans for some reason even before that penalty miss. Was he not jeered and booed in his last international? Ironically that probably meant Scotland missed having him during a golden end to his career.

ekhibee
14-02-2015, 04:44 PM
very good player, below average analyst/commentator IMO. Not as bad as people like Provan, Derek Ferguson, etc, but that doesn't make him good.

LaMotta
14-02-2015, 05:03 PM
How many did he miss? I can only remember one. You'd think teams would've stopped him taking them if he was so bad eh?

The one at Wembley wasn't even a miss, it was a grossly unfair supernatural intervention from the evil spoon bender Uri Geller.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Not bad going.

Could t give a flying one I'm afraid. Absolute numpty.

Example: after Stevensons strike: "wasn't a clean strike". 3 mins later (count them...) "never tire of seeing that quality" and yes I'm in a strop ;)

Stax
14-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Quality footballer. Treatment from the Tartan army was f***** embarrasing.

Iggy Pope
14-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Could t give a flying one I'm afraid. Absolute numpty.

Example: after Stevensons strike: "wasn't a clean strike". 3 mins later (count them...) "never tire of seeing that quality" and yes I'm in a strop ;)

You've quoted me, but I was referring to his recent geography more than the quality of his work.
Far be it from me to defend his commentary, but your example might not be a good one as he could be referring to the quality of the move and the final pass. Can't argue with that.

It wasn't a clean strike was it? I think we all know what he meant by that.

But you're in a wee strop. Shame. There, there now wee man.

Lago
14-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Good player, excellent player in fact, and a decent pundit imo.

He seemed to be hounded by a lot of Scotland fans for some reason even before that penalty miss. Was he not jeered and booed in his last international? Ironically that probably meant Scotland missed having him during a golden end to his career.
He was and retired from international football after that particular game. Scots fans were a disgrace that night.