PDA

View Full Version : Have Hearts won the league ?

Onion
14-02-2015, 11:57 AM
For last few weeks, Huns have been only team with a realistic chance of catching the Yams. Did last night kill off those chances once and for all ?

And how will that rabble of thugs and mercenaries react to settling for a PO place ?

Betty Boop
14-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Yea at a canter.

Sylar
14-02-2015, 12:00 PM
I can't see anyone catching them TBH. They're likely to win again today at home to Livingston to extend them even further ahead.

I reckon Rangers are going to struggle to win their next 2 games vs Raith and Falkirk and I think we're starting from a position that's probably just too far back now though I reckon we're on course to finish second if we keep up the good run of form.

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-02-2015, 12:01 PM
They won the league ages ago. The Huns were never going to get a run going and we had to beat them at New Year to have any chance.

hibsbollah
14-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Hearts can't be caught. Too many 'gimmes' left for them against poor quality sides at the bottom of the table; even if Rangers or Hibs won every game between now and the end of the season.

Stevie Reid
14-02-2015, 12:03 PM
They won the league ages ago.

Hermit Crab
14-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes. Close thread.

Jim44
14-02-2015, 12:04 PM
For last few weeks, Huns have been only team with a realistic chance of catching the Yams. Did last night kill off those chances once and for all ?

And how will that rabble of thugs and mercenaries react to settling for a PO place ?

I've already posted elsewhere that, according to a thread on FF, more than 90% do not want promotion in the state they are in. They would rather stay in the Championship for another year and , under King et al, prepare to take the Premiership by storm in 2016-17. Here's the laugh tho'. (I hope) ......... they say it's out of their hands as there will be league reconstruction if they are not promoted.

Zazu62
14-02-2015, 12:06 PM
They won the league ages ago , fair play to them they deserve it . But I'm still scratching my head as to how we didn't win the last 2 derbys and if Liam Craig had scored that penalty at the PBS then that could have changed the whole season. Who knows we could have went on the same run that they did ?

Hermit Crab
14-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I've already posted elsewhere that, according to a thread on FF, more than 90% do not want promotion in the state they are in. They would rather stay in the Championship for another year and , under King et al, prepare to take the Premiership by storm in 2016-17. Here's the laugh tho'. (I hope) ......... they say it's out of their hands as there will be league reconstruction if they are not promoted.

If that happens then a lot of fans won't be back at football in Scotland.

EdinMike
14-02-2015, 12:07 PM
It's theirs to lose basically. Which rings a bell a think... :wink:

Col2
14-02-2015, 12:11 PM
They have won it.

What I find amusing is they are not even lording over us given it was in the bag weeks ago and the two jams at my work are getting sick of all the talk about us.

Even the media are not that bothered about them again. Yes they have had a fantastic season and deserve to be champions but there 'brave' story is not of any interest.

The reaction the yams gave when we got a very favourable Scottish cup semi draw was more animated than any recent results in the pitch for them.

It's all about who goes up via play offs now and the not so small matter of the Scottish cup.

Zazu62
14-02-2015, 12:12 PM
They have won it.

What I find amusing is they are not even lording over us given it was in the bag weeks ago and the two jams at my work are getting sick of all the talk about us.

Even the media are not that bothered about them again. Yes they have had a fantastic season and deserve to be champions but there 'brave' story is not of any interest.

The reaction the yams gave when we got a very favourable Scottish cup semi draw was more animated than any recent results in the pitch for them.

It's all about who goes up via play offs now and the not so small matter of the Scottish cup.

Don't u mean quarter final draw ?

Hibeesmad
14-02-2015, 12:15 PM
We could win the scottish cup, get promoted via the play offs and those gunts would still believe they have had a better season than us. I really want to beat them at Easter Road in April, so much.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-02-2015, 12:19 PM

If they are going to do that then there's a chance we go up too. I wonder what would hsppen if The Rangers finished 4th/5th?

Baader
14-02-2015, 12:21 PM
They had a whole season to prepare for life in the championship while we were still thinking Dumb and Dumber could surely win one match out of 12.

How they even managed to relegate us from the position of having a 2-0 lead and a match to play at home is beyond belief.

lyonhibs
14-02-2015, 12:24 PM
FFS yes. Concentrate on winning our own remaining games and never mind what those ********s are up to. 2nd place is there for the taking as this Hun team plays like a bunch of dead men walking.

Col2
14-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Don't u mean quarter final draw ?

Whoops! Yes meant that they knew we were (baring any collapse) in semi

Smartie
14-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Yes they have, they are a sideshow now and we're best off forgetting about them for a while.

There's still a lot of football to be played in this league though. Last night was an outstanding result for us, especially considering we were under the cosh and not at our best.

The Rangers have a very tough next few games so it was important to deal them that blow. 2nd place will be significant. Whoever makes the playoffs will make it as result of getting enough points over a long, hard season in a difficult division and will need to be respected so missing out on those 2 tough games by finishing 2nd will be huge.

The Huns seem like they're on their knees right now but I still worry about them a bit. They were a finisher short of getting a lot more out of that game last night imo. The Geordie boy who is already playing seems to have made a difference (along with McDowall not being able to pick his 1st choice and inferior team). If their other loan players get fit and add something then they might still challenge strongly for 2nd (along with the authorities desire for them to resume their bigotfest in the top league).

But 2nd has to be the target for us now. Our results against QoS, Falkirk and Raith have me desperately wanting to avoid that extra play-off match.

Get there and we can be confident of winning any 2-legged play-off. And then we can start thinking about properly putting those cheating Gorgie clowns in their place next season.

sh00byd00
14-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Taking Rangers out of the equation, I can't see Hearts dropping 21 points (what we'd need to over take them and taking into account their current goal tally), so that's us basically out of the race. Rangers will drop as many if not more points than the yams. Even if all their loan guys begin to rip up the league when they're all fit, it will be too little too late. Had we played how we are playing now at the beginning of the season, I firmly believe we'd be right up there with them. But hey, it was what it was at the beginning of the season.

The only issue Hearts seem to have currently is they score early and stop trying. Allowing other teams back into the games.

Bishop Hibee
14-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Yes. We need to concentrate on winning promotion. Then there will be no so-called 'gap'.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-02-2015, 01:02 PM
They had it won before last night. Bad news for us is that the only game that we can be sure that they turn up for, is the one against us. They could do us favours by beating teams around us, or not do them.

sh00byd00
14-02-2015, 01:03 PM

The frightening thing is, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it happened.

ancient hibee
14-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Taking Rangers out of the equation, I can't see Hearts dropping 21 points (what we'd need to over take them and taking into account their current goal tally), so that's us basically out of the race. Rangers will drop as many if not more points than the yams. Even if all their loan guys begin to rip up the league when they're all fit, it will be too little too late. Had we played how we are playing now at the beginning of the season, I firmly believe we'd be right up there with them. But hey, it was what it was at the beginning of the season.

The only issue Hearts seem to have currently is they score early and stop trying. Allowing other teams back into the games.

We have been out of the race to win the league(other than making up the numbers)since September.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2015, 01:10 PM
If that happens then a lot of fans won't be back at football in Scotland.

I winnae be greetin' if Hibs go up under league reconstruction and I couldn't care less if the Zombies do, so long as we go up with them. This conversation has been had before and my position hasn't changed. We wanted the Zombies to be punished and they were, but at what point does a need to see justice done stop being that and become cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It seems to me that some folk are determined now to see cheating and subterfuge round every corner. It wasn't that long ago that we were all crying out for a bigger league because we wanted more variety, with the added bonus of a more exciting play off system, which 14 or 16 clubs would surely make possible. But now folk are against it because it might benefit the current buns.

All over the world leagues get changed because it makes business or sporting sense .... on more than one occasion clubs in this country have been saved from relegation or denied promotion because of off field decisions without the world coming to an end or anybody talking about cheating, the odd disapproving shake of the head aside.

Hell ... even the EPL everybody seems determined to wet themselves over these days had its beginnings in league reconstruction when 2 places were binned from the old 1st division to make it a 20 team league which shortly thereafter became the Premiership. There was pretence about improved sporting performance, but the truth was it had everything to do with money. You don't see anybody moaning about that now. While we are on the subject, don't even get me started on the Champions League!

There are 42 professional football clubs in Scotland .... the bottom line is to do what is best for all of them. How do we do that if all that matters is putting the boot into the The Rangers ....... It seems to me they are capable of doing that all on their own anyway.

Any fan who uses league reconstruction as an excuse to stop watching Scottish football was probably looking for a reason to anyway.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 01:13 PM
If Hearts avoid defeat at Rangers, think they only need 5 victories or so to win the League.
God forbid it's at ER in April, but I think it could be won by then

Smartie
14-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I winnae be greetin' if Hibs go up under league reconstruction and I couldn't care less if the Zombies do, so long as we go up with them. This conversation has been had before and my position hasn't changed. We wanted the Zombies to be punished and they were, but at what point does a need to see justice done stop being that and become cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It seems to me that some folk are determined now to see cheating and subterfuge round every corner. It wasn't that long ago that we were all crying out for a bigger league because we wanted more variety, with the added bonus of a more exciting play off system, which 14 or 16 clubs would surely make possible. But now folk are against it because it might benefit the current buns.

All over the world leagues get changed because it makes business or sporting sense .... on more than one occasion clubs in this country have been saved from relegation or denied promotion because of off field decisions without the world coming to an end or anybody talking about cheating, the odd disapproving shake of the head aside.

Hell ... even the EPL everybody seems determined to wet themselves over these days had its beginnings in league reconstruction when 2 places were binned from the old 1st division to make it a 20 team league which shortly thereafter became the Premiership. There was pretence about improved sporting performance, but the truth was it had everything to do with money. You don't see anybody moaning about that now. While we are on the subject, don't even get me started on the Champions League!

There are 42 professional football clubs in Scotland .... the bottom line is to do what is best for all of them. How do we do that if all that matters is putting the boot into the The Rangers ....... It seems to me they are capable of doing that all on their own anyway.

Any fan who uses league reconstruction as an excuse to stop watching Scottish football was probably looking for a reason to anyway.

I was previously dead against league reconstruction this year but I am coming round to it (irrespective of what happens to Hibs this year).

I think you simply have to ask yourself the question "is this best for Scottish football" and if it is then you support it. And I have long thought that a bigger top league would be better for Sottish football therefore I now support it.

However the danger comes if a change is not brought about for the good of Scottish football and is brought about simply to get the The Rangers into the top league at the earliest opportunity and at any cost in order to preserve the Scottish football authorities position that the utterly tedious, sectarian bigotfest that is the Old Firm IS Scottish football and to hell with the rest of us.

I'm coming round to the former and whatever role The Rangers play in it is of significantly less interest to me than the best interests of Scottish football as a whole.

ancient hibee
14-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I was previously dead against league reconstruction this year but I am coming round to it (irrespective of what happens to Hibs this year).

I think you simply have to ask yourself the question "is this best for Scottish football" and if it is then you support it. And I have long thought that a bigger top league would be better for Sottish football therefore I now support it.

However the danger comes if a change is not brought about for the good of Scottish football and is brought about simply to get the The Rangers into the top league at the earliest opportunity and at any cost in order to preserve the Scottish football authorities position that the utterly tedious, sectarian bigotfest that is the Old Firm IS Scottish football and to hell with the rest of us.

I'm coming round to the former and whatever role The Rangers play in it is of significantly less interest to me than the best interests of Scottish football as a whole.

Ask yourself if Hibs,Hearts and Rangers were in the top league would there be any push for reconstruction "for the good of Scottish football".Aye right.

emerald green
14-02-2015, 01:27 PM
What bugs me is that the YAMS are not the best football team in this league. No green specs on, but that team is surely Hibs. Many commentators have stated that opinion.

They are getting an easy run to the Championship winners place because Hibs drew those 6 games at ER. Games Hibs should have won easily were it not for some bad luck and poor finishing. If those wins were converted to wins we would be only a few points behind them with it all to play for. Just very frustrating.

Zazu62
14-02-2015, 01:29 PM
If Hearts avoid defeat at Rangers, think they only need 5 victories or so to win the League.

Who cares if it's at ER , we will beat them anyway .

--------
14-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Ask yourself if Hibs,Hearts and Rangers were in the top league would there be any push for reconstruction "for the good of Scottish football".Aye right.

You're a cynical man, ancient.

But then, I've always found that taking the cynical view rarely if ever means getting things wrong ....

hibsbollah
14-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Yes they have, they are a sideshow now and we're best off forgetting about them for a while.

There's still a lot of football to be played in this league though. Last night was an outstanding result for us, especially considering we were under the cosh and not at our best.

The Rangers have a very tough next few games so it was important to deal them that blow. 2nd place will be significant. Whoever makes the playoffs will make it as result of getting enough points over a long, hard season in a difficult division and will need to be respected so missing out on those 2 tough games by finishing 2nd will be huge.

The Huns seem like they're on their knees right now but I still worry about them a bit. They were a finisher short of getting a lot more out of that game last night imo. The Geordie boy who is already playing seems to have made a difference (along with McDowall not being able to pick his 1st choice and inferior team). If their other loan players get fit and add something then they might still challenge strongly for 2nd (along with the authorities desire for them to resume their bigotfest in the top league).

But 2nd has to be the target for us now. Our results against QoS, Falkirk and Raith have me desperately wanting to avoid that extra play-off match.

Get there and we can be confident of winning any 2-legged play-off. And then we can start thinking about properly putting those cheating Gorgie clowns in their place next season.

:agree: agree wholeheartedly with that.

Smartie
14-02-2015, 01:36 PM

No, probably not.

And whilst I think that the problems in Scottish football don't begin and end with the number of teams in the top league, I don't think Scottish football is anything like in as bad a state as many would make out.

I would like to see a bigger top league, simple as that. Whoever that advantages and disadvantages is of less interest to me.

Scottish football authorities have been scrambling around, fiddling and messing around to try and get the right balance for years (I mean, the split, wtf?) without acknowledging that we NEED a bigger league. It was previously thought that we have to have 4 x OF games per year. Now that "armageddon" didn't exactly transpire with none we should take this opportunity now for the good of the whole Scottish game.

The opportunity was there to redistribute wealth and power away from the OF with the Huns out of the top league for the good of the game. If we can capitalise on this further by getting the ideal top league then we should take it.

Thecat23
14-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Hearts have won it now yeah. So time to concentrate on reaching second!

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2015, 02:51 PM

I'm not even too bothered if the motivation is getting the Zombies up. It might be the wrong motivation, but IMO and more importantly in the opinion of a lot of clubs, not to mention the national manager, it will be good for the game overall and something that should have been done 3 seasons ago. If the fact that 3 of Scotland's 5 biggest clubs are in the Championship is what was required to concentrate minds that's a pity, but I'll take it.

Never mind the problems on the pitch, Scottish football has been a car crash off it for too long now. The Newco current buns were made to start again in the 3rd division and the Yams avoided that fate by the skin of their teeth, but were punished enough to be relegated. In my opinion we have to take a step back now, try to move on, get our game back on track, and put this whole sorry mess behind us.

O'Rourke3
14-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Do the SfPL not have to give 2 years notice of reconstruction?

Sent from my brain

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Hearts have won it now yeah. So time to concentrate on reaching second!
Yep has to be our target now Rangers away to Raith next I think so if they didn't win that one and we Beat Dumbarton its Defo on However last nights performance if replicated week in week out could see them start to steady the sinking ship if they can find a goalscorer

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Hearts won the league back in November when they beat Sevco 2-0 at Tynecastle.

There's no chance that they're going to be caught.

For them not to win the league now, they would pretty much need to lose all their remaining games.

It's not going to happen.

Carheenlea
14-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Remember this is Hearts we are talking about - hilarious capitulations and that club are no strangers to one another. This would be the most hilarious of all, and I'm not ruling anything out yet.

Stax
14-02-2015, 05:09 PM
What bugs me is that the YAMS are not the best team football team in this league. No green specs on, but that team is surely Hibs. Many commentators have stated that opinion.

They are getting an easy run to the Championship winners place because Hibs drew those 6 games at ER. Games Hibs should have won easily were it not for some bad luck and poor finishing. If those wins were converted to wins we would be only a few points behind them with it all to play for. Just very frustrating.
Agree 100%, but hasn't it always been so? Im including under Mowbray. Last nights game against the Huns left a few on here thinking we'd got away with one and we were lucky to get the points. For us it was a change from the norm, they've winged it for years now and used the old "good teams grind out results" cliche and convinced themselves that this is the case. We've been a basket case for a while now And the start to the season has killed us. We should have been nowhere near them for years with the money they've skooshed, but there's hardly been a gulf, has there? Reality is they got a decent start in a poor league and continue to play a style of football that isn't very good. I know a lot will disagree because at the moment it's winning matches but the reason I'm enjoying this season while admittedly a lot to do with results, is watching decent football again for the 1st time in years. GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2015, 05:25 PM
They were already going to win it, dinnae see the point of raising the fact on here though.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 05:37 PM

They'll win the league long before they come to Easter Road.

As things stand, eight wins are required for them to win the title.

They don't play Sevco until 5th April, which is seven games away.

So if they win their next six games going into that match, they would only be a couple of wins away from winning the league anyway and that's assuming that Sevco would win all their matches in that time as well, which is far from certain.

Pete
14-02-2015, 05:50 PM
They were already going to win it, dinnae see the point of raising the fact on here though.

Indeed. They can at least have the decency to thank us for keeping sports direct off their backs.

14-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Remember this is Hearts we are talking about - hilarious capitulations and that club are no strangers to one another. This would be the most hilarious of all, and I'm not ruling anything out yet.

Wishful thinking i'm afraid. Like another poster already said, for them to lose it now they would just about have to lose every one of their remaining games.

Carheenlea
14-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Wishful thinking i'm afraid. Like another poster already said, for them to lose it now they would just about have to lose every one of their remaining games.

As I said, not ruling anything out..

SMAXXA
14-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Well if you take the whole of Tyne singing championies today the yes.

Eyrie
14-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Well if you take the whole of Tyne singing championies today the yes.

So they were partying like it's 1986 again.

Stranraer
14-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately yes.

NOLA
14-02-2015, 08:23 PM
they won it weeks ago.

ekhibee
14-02-2015, 08:55 PM
What bugs me is that the YAMS are not the best team football team in this league. No green specs on, but that team is surely Hibs. Many commentators have stated that opinion.

Yes, I do think we are now the best team in the league but it was our fault we dropped all those points earlier in the season, not anybody elses. While we were dropping all those points Hearts were beating a lot of these teams by big scores, making their goal difference a lot better than anybody elses too. They've all going been on about how good we've been recently, but only because we had the Sevco game coming up and they needed to sell more copies. And on a separate note, I would love to see another team pip Aberdeen for 2nd place. Again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 09:02 PM
They are bog average. Ridiculous that they are so far ahead.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Yes, but did they pay for those pesky poppies or hand over the cash to bighearts is what I want to know

Lest they forget.

Waxy
15-02-2015, 09:32 AM
They can't lose it now.But they're still not a good side and they'll most likely struggle near the bottom next season.The way their fans have been going on you'd think we've been playing for the champions league not the very very poor championship.

Keith_M
15-02-2015, 09:39 AM
They are bog average. Ridiculous that they are so far ahead.

Sorry but that's nonsense. They are very good at what they do, which is getting maximum points in games.

OK, they might not always be pleasing on the eye when they're doing it but I don't think that bothers them or their fans too much.

Lago
15-02-2015, 12:02 PM

By a country mile

emerald green
15-02-2015, 05:58 PM

They might not get a play off place. Fingers crossed.

DH1875
16-02-2015, 06:11 PM
They might not get a play off place. Fingers crossed.

I hope they do. Fancy our chances of beating them quite easily over two legs.

Juice-Terry
16-02-2015, 06:18 PM
I hope they do. Fancy our chances of beating them quite easily over two legs.

I disagree. They are, by far, the best team outwith us and Hertz. Them missing out on the play offs would massively boost our chances of promotion.

emerald green
16-02-2015, 06:26 PM
I disagree. They are, by far, the best team outwith us and Hertz. Them missing out on the play offs would massively boost our chances of promotion.

:agree: