PDA

View Full Version : David Gray...

WillowbraeHibby
14-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Never get tired of watching him.... He never stops, and never shirks going in where it hurts. Another good game last night. :top marks

AlbertK86
14-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Yep brilliantly aggressive in his tackling and led the team by example

Very competitive and it rubs off on team

Should be full time captain

14-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Another brilliant signing by Stubbsy :thumbsup:

Eyrie
14-02-2015, 10:08 AM
When Sevco Huns were gifted that free kick for a pass back after Fontaine misjudged the flight of a ball he was trying to control, it was Gray who charged the free kick down.

As an aside, I know such free kicks are indirect, but why do teams insist on tapping them to a team mate who then blasts it into the onrushing wall? Surely it would make more sense to shift the ball wide, or play it deeper for a chip to the back post?

danhibees1875
14-02-2015, 10:23 AM
When Sevco Huns were gifted that free kick for a pass back after Fontaine misjudged the flight of a ball he was trying to control, it was Gray who charged the free kick down.

As an aside, I know such free kicks are indirect, but why do teams insist on tapping them to a team mate who then blasts it into the onrushing wall? Surely it would make more sense to shift the ball wide, or play it deeper for a chip to the back post?

Or just blast it and assume it'll knick off one of the many players between them and the goal.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Or just blast it and assume it'll knick off one of the many players between them and the goal.

Indirect so can't just blast it.

Future17
14-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Indirect so can't just blast it.

You can. As long as it gets a touch on the way into the net, it's a goal.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:38 AM
No you can't, surely it has to be touched by a team mate?

Future17
14-02-2015, 10:42 AM

Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rule says something like "cannot be struck directly into the goal without touching another player".

I don't think it has to be a player on your own team.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Admittedly, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the rule says something like "cannot be struck directly into the goal without touching another player".

I don't think it has to be a player on your own team.

The ball is not in play until it has been touched by another of your players so I don't think you can. But not certain, any refs on here?

Hibby Bairn
14-02-2015, 10:44 AM

I thought as long as it hits a second player (any player) then it is a goal?

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:45 AM

You may be right mate.

Future17
14-02-2015, 10:47 AM
The ball is not in play until it has been touched by another of your players so I don't think you can. But not certain, any refs on here?

An indirect free kick is in play as soon as the ball is kicked and moves.

Tha Cabbage Kid
I rekon stubbsy is such a good coach we could sign konte again and he would make him a 20 goal a season striker :)

brog

That is 100% correct!

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Ah well another rule I didn't know, or even consider to be honest. I wonder why it's not blasted every time then, makes much more sense than a touch and then getting charged down.

Onion
14-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Really like the guy. Great attitude and decent footballer. Think he enjoys playing the Huns :thumbsup:

Hibernian Verse
14-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Imagine Benji under Stubbsy 2007

Broken Gnome
14-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Ah well another rule I didn't know, or even consider to be honest. I wonder why it's not blasted every time then, makes much more sense than a touch and then getting charged down.

Should aim for the keeper, assume he'll try to save it and hope he deflects it in.

Tom Hart RIP
14-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Very few are scored but One of the best 'back pass' goals was against Dundee United when Chic took a quick one and Paul Tosh had an open goal.

Bronson
14-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Rate that David Gray song to the tune of 'Daddy Cool' from last night as well:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2015, 11:01 AM
All you need to say about David Gray is when you see his name at right back you go 'right, that's that sorted, what's the rest of the team' .... Great player :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Rate that David Gray song to the tune of 'Daddy Cool' from last night as well:greengrin

http://youtu.be/QtxlCsVKkvY

Outstanding! Been stuck in my head since

Hannah_hfc
14-02-2015, 04:11 PM
The fans filled Govan tube station after the game singing it, brilliant stuff

Carheenlea
14-02-2015, 04:43 PM

I don't like it at all, but the hypnotic 5 minute-odd rendition had me singing along with gusto.

The only thing lamer than that David Gray song is a David Gray song.

BIGK
14-02-2015, 04:51 PM

Totally agree. Kick it really hard,its bound to get a nick of someone or put them in the hospital. win, win.:agree:

HoboHarry
14-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Totally agree. Kick it really hard,its bound to get a nick of someone or put them in the hospital. win, win.:agree:
Seen this time and again in my playing days - the goalkeeper can't help himself but go for it and I saw them go in many times off the keeper.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Where did this originate from, heard it many times last night

Zazu62
14-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Delighted with gray . Keep it up 👍

Bronson
14-02-2015, 06:48 PM
I don't like it at all, but the hypnotic 5 minute-odd rendition had me singing along with gusto.

The only thing lamer than that David Gray song is a David Gray song.

Aww come on mate, Babylon is a classic!:greengrin

Where did this originate from, heard it many times last night

No idea, last night was the first time I had heard it but I can see it really catching on!

Big_Franck
14-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Gray has been brilliant for us, particularly at right wing back i'd say. IMO he's far and away the best right back we've had since Whittaker, and he's a great captain when filling in for Craig. He should be made club captain next season.

He looks a bit older due to his hair (or lack of :greengrin) but he's still a good age at 26. Delighted that we got him on a two-year contract.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 06:59 PM
David Gray has been Stubbs' best signing in my opinion.

Fantastic player.

Lee Marvin
14-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Gray has been brilliant for us, particularly at right wing back i'd say. IMO he's far and away the best right back we've had since Whittaker, and he's a great captain when filling in for Craig. He should be made club captain next season.

He looks a bit older due to his hair (or lack of :greengrin) but he's still a good age at 26. Delighted that we got him on a two-year contract.

Easily my favourite player in current team. He could stay at hibs for rest of his career - and become the most famous hibs captain of all time...... ;)

Franck Stanton
14-02-2015, 07:05 PM
have to admit that when he was signed I said "who ?" , but boy, am I no glad we have him, great player and as people have already said, should be made team captain. Best signing we have made in many a long year.