PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2015, 06:05 AM
Not seen mentioned anywhere else but credit to Ox last night.

I thought we commanded his area well and made some terrific saves!

Only couple of 'errors' - at one point the punched the ball out when it would have been easier to collect and the 'back pass' but other than thought he was brilliant

Glad we got cover for him in January but he's our 1st choice from that performance

GGTTH

HH81
14-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Agree excpet the back pass was never a backpass. Shocking decision. :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2015, 06:44 AM
Agree excpet the back pass was never a backpass. Shocking decision. :agree:

Totally agree mate

Very poor decision from the ref there but he had plenty time to take a touch and put it skywards

But not taking anything away from him. He's taken a bit of stick recently but praise and his clean sheet are well deserved

Spike Mandela
14-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Timewasting certainly wound up the sevco fans, which is nice!

Onceinawhile
14-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Punched once when he should have caught it, but to be fair the punch went about 40 yards.

He's had a lot of stick recently, but he made some important saves last night.

Oscar T Grouch
14-02-2015, 08:20 AM

Time wasting? All I seen was oor goalie take the ball, walk to the opposite side of his 6 yards box, put it down and then play it, nae time wasting, just playing 😉. I did like that it wound the orcs up though 😂

overdrive
14-02-2015, 09:21 AM

He's been timewasting in almost every match I've seen him play and usually from very early on in the game

Speedy
14-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Agree with a few comments above.

Was never a backpass so he did the right thing there.

And the punch did go really far so while he probably made the wrong decision, at least he made a good job of the wrong decision.

ozwoody
14-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Lets not forget the role he played in the second goal.he could easily have held onto ball,waited until team had set up then play,but he caught it,broke the line and distributed it quickly,leaving rangers caught upfield leaving an overload in midfield which we exploited fantastically. If anyone thinks millers shot was easy or the header,maybe they should think about his reaction time to a)a ball getting hit at over 60mph from 18 yards and b) a header going backwards when you are moving forwards.neither of these saves were "run of the mill" i agree he's not greatest keeper we've had,but credit where its due

Eyrie
14-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Time wasting? All I seen was oor goalie take the ball, walk to the opposite side of his 6 yards box, put it down and then play it, nae time wasting, just playing . I did like that it wound the orcs up though 

I disagree. Every time I noticed this he was walking over to the right hand side of his six yard box, not to the opposite side from where he picked the ball up. So all he was doing was taking the goal kick from his preferred side.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 11:37 AM
He blatantly time wastes, has done it many times this season whether it's taking a drink,moving to the other side of the box or slowly retrieving the ball there is no doubt what so ever that he does it deliberately.

Stranraer
14-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Not seen mentioned anywhere else but credit to Ox last night.

I thought we commanded his area well and made some terrific saves!

Only couple of 'errors' - at one point the punched the ball out when it would have been easier to collect and the 'back pass' but other than thought he was brilliant

Glad we got cover for him in January but he's our 1st choice from that performance

GGTTH

:agree: he proved himself yet again last night - the save from Miller's shot was outstanding, I'm glad he didn't last long because he looked dangerous.