PDA

View Full Version : El Alagui

Hibeesmad
14-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Back for Dumbarton next week?

cabbageandribs1875
14-02-2015, 01:24 AM
no chance, has he even played in a development game yet and even when he's finally back for the first team it will probably be a couple of bit part appearances before a full 90mins

Hermit Crab
14-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Back for Dumbarton next week?

No danger. Mid-late march at best.

IanM
14-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Seemed as excited on twitter last night as the rest of us fans. Can't wait until he's back

Col2
14-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Maybe a development game late this month and another early March. Mid March and he will be in bench all being well.

Back in time for the business end of the season and could play a big part in Scottish cup semi (on basis we make it) which is mid April.

brog
14-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Seemed as excited on twitter last night as the rest of us fans. Can't wait until he's back

I love his tweets, seems a great character to have at the club. Alex Harris was in fine fettle also last night!

Keith_M
14-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Would be nice if he was ready for April and May.

I do worry that people have unrealistically high expectations of him though. He played well for a few games at the beginning of the season, it's not like he's just spent two years ripping up the leagues while breaking goal scoring records.

Let's just wait and see.

Col2
14-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Assuming we make the play offs and have either 4 or 6 games, add in a Scottish cup semi and even final (oh my god), then a key differentiator between us and play off rivals will be fitness, fatigue and form.

We have 5 first team forwards and strong coverage now in midfield, defence and goalkeeper. Odds are we will need the squad for the run in.

Farid should play a key part in that.

ColintonHibs
14-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Would be nice if he was ready for April and May.

I do worry that people have unrealistically high expectations of him though. He played well for a few games at the beginning of the season, it's not like he's just spent two years ripping up the leagues while breaking goal scoring records.

Let's just wait and see.

Yeah everyones making out that he's messi. Not seen much of him but think we should wait and see how it goes. Cant be easy after a long time out injured just look at harris

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Assuming we make the play offs and have either 4 or 6 games, add in a Scottish cup semi and even final (oh my god), then a key differentiator between us and play off rivals will be fitness, fatigue and form.

We have 5 first team forwards and strong coverage now in midfield, defence and goalkeeper. Odds are we will need the squad for the run in.

On the fitness front was Cummings carrying a knock last night and that's why he was subbed.He made a great run at end of first half and looked exhausted.
The big worry for me last night was the way Rangers harried us and closed us down , and at times just physically muscled players off the ball . We seemed unable to deal with that and it meant our passing game didn't get going and they retained possession and dominated play for long spells .thankfully they lacked an end product but they created far more chances than I was expecting them to

lord bunberry
14-02-2015, 10:07 AM

We might have to rest players in the cup final if the playoff final is a few days later.

J-C
14-02-2015, 10:34 AM
I think it's evident that Farid is a different type of forward to the rest, big and strong and able to hold the ball up better, plus a natural finisher.

Djedje/Cummings and Boyle are more mobile with a lot of movement and Malonga is clever using his brains and footwork, this means we have a lot of variety which can only bea good thing keeping our opponents guessing who we'll play.

For me we need to play Farid with A.N Other, hold up man with clever/mobile forward next to him.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 10:46 AM
It will be nice to have the problem of all our strikers being fit and available for selection

CallumLaidlaw
14-02-2015, 10:53 AM
His Twitter comments last night almost seemed to indicate a return next week. And Robbos reply

Billy Whizz
14-02-2015, 10:58 AM
His Twitter comments last night almost seemed to indicate a return next week. And Robbos reply

I'd be amazed if he's involved next week. He might play for the under 20's on Monday, against Rangers, if he's ready now

CockneyRebel
14-02-2015, 10:58 AM
On the fitness front was Cummings carrying a knock last night and that's why he was subbed.He made a great run at end of first half and looked exhausted.
The big worry for me last night was the way Rangers harried us and closed us down , and at times just physically muscled players off the ball . We seemed unable to deal with that and it meant our passing game didn't get going and they retained possession and dominated play for long spells .thankfully they lacked an end product but they created far more chances than I was expecting them to

This

Brightside
14-02-2015, 01:14 PM

he's very close to playing... don't be amazed to see him on the bench next week.

Hermit Crab
14-02-2015, 01:19 PM
he's very close to playing... don't be amazed to see him on the bench next week.

Hope so. Gives us a different option up front. No rush though, don't want to get a reaction from the injury if he's rushed back.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Maybe Farid is getting his hair cut? "Looking forward to seeing the new look next week #trim" 😊

Aldo
14-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Cannot rush him back but he'll be biting at the bit . Returning mid to late March with a possible SC SF and the run in to the league.

We are doing really well without him but once he's fully fit and returns he'll be like a new player.

fatbloke
14-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Hope he does well when he comes back. Difficult injury to call apparently. IIRC Killen was not the same player when he came back from Achilles injury. Widnae like to be Stubbs when everyone fit he's gonnae have guys champing at the bit to play and he canny play them all.

14-02-2015, 03:47 PM
No need to hurry him back and rush his recovery, we have plenty good options for that position and the team is not lacking goals. Having the luxury of plenty good cover for that position means theres less pressure for him to get back right away so he can pace his recovery and only come back when he's fully fit and ready. Seems as if he's pretty close now though. If he keeps progressing in his training and gets a few games in the development squad then hopefully we will have him back for the end of the season, which could be the crucial games for promotion. From the look of his twitter account it sounds like he's desperate to be back involved again.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 04:12 PM
I'd be amazed if he's involved next week. He might play for the under 20's on Monday, against Rangers, if he's ready now
With the new technique they were using it did state that the earliest he could be back in action would be mid February ,but everything would have had to have gone perfectly including his Rehab so you might be lucky and see him start his comeback on Monday ,but would think a first team place is still unrealistic any time soon .
I was thinking if we had him back fully match fit for sometime in April that would be a bonus for us depending if he can recapture the goal scoring form he was in .especially if he scores the type of goal he scored against hearts :wink:

tamig
15-02-2015, 11:41 AM

Is this maybe not just indicating that he'll maybe be back in full training with the rest of the squad next week? The final step before playing again?

Lee Marvin
15-02-2015, 12:10 PM
We might have to rest players in the cup final if the playoff final is a few days later.

That would never happen. Ever.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-02-2015, 12:17 PM
That would never happen. Ever.

Agreed. Can you imagine! The holy grail and we leave our stars sitting on the bench!

Jim44
15-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Hope he does well when he comes back. Difficult injury to call apparently. IIRC Killen was not the same player when he came back from Achilles injury. Widnae like to be Stubbs when everyone fit he's gonnae have guys champing at the bit to play and he canny play them all.

A good and loyal player likes to be surrounded by good players even if it means his place in the team is not guaranteed. If he can't get into a team because someone good is occupying it and his manager handles him well and insists he is a big part of his plans, he will take it on the chin, knowing his chance will come. Keeping everyone happy is a big part of a manager's job and in a few weeks we'll see how well Stubbs is handling the 'problem'.

Phil D. Rolls
15-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Agreed. Can you imagine! The holy grail and we leave our stars sitting on the bench!

After 113 years, we're running out of new ways to ***** it up - worth a punt IMO.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2015, 03:10 PM

I disagree. The League is the priority and while we are in the frame for promotion we shouldn't be wasting our time on a diddy cup that, let's face it, is only famous because of our jinx in it.

J-C
15-02-2015, 03:15 PM
I disagree. The League is the priority and while we are in the frame for promotion we shouldn't be wasting our time on a diddy cup that, let's face it, is only famous because of our jinx in it.

I agree, getting promotion is the most important thing, a good cup run and hopefully a win would be a bonus.

Lee Marvin
15-02-2015, 04:36 PM

So you'd be happy if Allan and gray were rested against Dundee utd in a Scottish cup final? Never heard such drivel in all my life!!

I'm sure the players themselves would be delighted too.

There is one chance of that happening, and that's no chance

Cropley10
15-02-2015, 06:31 PM

More like April.

MWHIBBIES
15-02-2015, 06:34 PM
So you'd be happy if Allan and gray were rested against Dundee utd in a Scottish cup final? Never heard such drivel in all my life!!

I'm sure the players themselves would be delighted too.

There is one chance of that happening, and that's no chance:faf: Wooooooosh

superfurryhibby
15-02-2015, 06:38 PM
:faf: Wooooooosh

When is a whoosh a whoosh. Personally I find it helps to have some indication of irony, otherwise it can all becomr a bit smart arsed.

hibby6270
16-02-2015, 09:49 PM

Hah!! We did this in the 2001 Cup Final iirc.

Russell Latapy had a run in with Alex McLeish for having a boozy night out with Dwight Yorke. He was left out the squad completely. Given Sauzee was 'injured' but still played, not playing Latapy was IMO one of the biggest managerial blunders in the time I've supported Hibs.

We might still have got beat but we'll never know what influence one the great players to pull on green and white shirt in recent times might have had in that game.

I'm sure AS wont make that mistake if we are in the position we all hope we'll be in come the end of May. :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2015, 09:51 PM

Russell Latapy had a run in with Alex McLeish for having a boozy night out with Dwight Yorke. He was left out the squad completely. Given Sauzee was 'injured' but still played, not playing Latapy was IMO one of the biggest managerial blunders in the time I've supported Hibs.

We might still have got beat but we'll never know what influence one the great players to pull on green and white shirt in recent times might have had in that game.

I'm sure AS wont make that mistake if we are in the position we all hope we'll be in come the end of May. :thumbsup:

Latapy was sacked before the final 😔

Pretty Boy
16-02-2015, 09:54 PM

Latapy was sacked a few weeks before the final. He wasn't available for selection.

The biggest mistake McLeish made in that final was starting Ian Murray ahead of both Arpinion and Lovell.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Latapy was sacked a few weeks before the final. He wasn't available for selection.

The biggest mistake McLeish made in that final was starting Ian Murray ahead of both Arpinion and Lovell.

Murray was one of our better players, although it was a surprise that he started instead of Lovell. What you have to rememeber is that Hibs team was in freefall over a number of months up to the final. McLeish, rightly or wrongly, tried to change a few things to see if a few changes would work. Unfortunately they didn't. It was a pretty good Celtic team at that time though

Prof. Shaggy
16-02-2015, 11:08 PM

Pretty sure Latapy played in the game at ER shortly before the final.
As I recall celtc scored 5.
Two late consolations did little to suggest his would be decisive contribution to the final.

ekhibee
17-02-2015, 01:28 AM
Murray was one of our better players, although it was a surprise that he started instead of Lovell. What you have to rememeber is that Hibs team was in freefall over a number of months up to the final. McLeish, rightly or wrongly, tried to change a few things to see if a few changes would work. Unfortunately they didn't. It was a pretty good Celtic team at that time though
All about opinions I suppose, I personally didn't think either Murray or Lovell were amongst our better players in that team, at any time. Doesn't mean I'm right or that people will agree with me though!

Allant1981
17-02-2015, 07:43 AM
All about opinions I suppose, I personally didn't think either Murray or Lovell were amongst our better players in that team, at any time. Doesn't mean I'm right or that people will agree with me though!

Lovell was imo one of the best midfielders we had at the time, was often overlooked by the press/fans due to sauzee and latapy but i would have had him starting every week

Jones28
17-02-2015, 07:47 AM

In all fairness they will have been really really fired up from the off last night. We changed formation as well, I can't remember us going with 3 at the back for a while. Rangers couldn't win playing football so they tried to outmuscle us. It may have worked but we still won the game.

They created more chances than any of us expected but I still think that on balance we deserved to win.

Hermit Crab
17-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Sooner he's back the better. Gives us another option up front. A player teams are not used to playing against. Could be very important in the end of season run in.

Aldo
17-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Sooner he's back the better. Gives us another option up front. A player teams are not used to playing against. Could be very important in the end of season run in.

Yip (but not rushed back too soon).

Not many teams could do so well without him but he's quality and as you mentioned HC gives us a different dimension.

JimBHibees
17-02-2015, 10:37 AM

The biggest mistake was playing Sauzee at Ibrox 6 days before the final and him getting injured.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2015, 10:49 AM
The biggest mistake was playing Sauzee at Ibrox 6 days before the final and him getting injured.

And we got humped 4-0

Twiglet
18-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Apparently he's going to play for the under 20s on the 3rd of March (hopefully).

CallumLaidlaw
18-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Apparently he's going to play for the under 20s on the 3rd of March (hopefully).

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/farid-el-alagui-setting-his-sights-on-hibs-return-1-3693210

buktapurple79
18-02-2015, 09:01 AM

THIS:aok:

Still, got a wee feeling that the engraver at Hamden will be busy with our name this year:agree:

Billy Whizz
18-02-2015, 09:30 AM

We're away to St Johnstone that night. Maybe they don't want him to make his 1st appearance on the astro at Ainslie Park

brog
18-02-2015, 10:47 AM

I tell you what, that wouldn't half wind the Yams up! I've long thought that our lack of cup success means much more to them than to us! However! :cb

superfurryhibby
18-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I tell you what, that wouldn't half wind the Yams up! I've long thought that our lack of cup success means much more to them than to us! However! :cb

I would swap the three League Cup wins I've seen for that one day at Hampden when we do finally clinch the Scottish Cup. There been at least four generations of Hibees in my family who have never seen it happen. As I'm getting older it's getting more of a worry that I'll not see it either. Outside of family it would be the greatest day of my life.