PDA

View Full Version : Killer passes.

matty_f
13-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Thought both our goals tonight came from fantastic passes, Allan's pass to Cummings for the first was outstanding, and Fyvie's chipped pass to Lewis was perfect.

It's quality like that that wins you matches.

marinello59
13-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Spot on.
We had the quality that they lacked and that's why we won despite not being at our best.

Hibeesmad
13-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Fantastic passes, I didn't realise just how good Allan's pass to Cummings was until I saw the highlights

JohnM1875
13-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Was watching it in a local and the barman was a jambo. Claimed Allan didn't mean the pass for the first goal and doesn't understand the hype surrounding him. Unbelievable!

madabouthibs
13-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Killer passes tonight were outstanding.
However, this won't win us anything this season, we need to finish teams off,pretty much the way we did tonight, but not the way we did against Falkirk, or Raith Rovers.
Thats what killing us just now!

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Even when Allan is having a bad day, he can still create a goal from nothing.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Was watching it in a local and the barman was a jambo. Claimed Allan didn't mean the pass for the first goal and doesn't understand the hype surrounding him. Unbelievable!

Probably just because he's creative? Far better to have an absolute clogger in the middle of the park who can kick folk

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-02-2015, 11:00 AM
What's changed for me this season is the quality on the passing in the top third - better angles, more speed, more confidence to take risks. Got to praise the coaches as well as the players for that.

Ozyhibby
14-02-2015, 11:24 AM
The creativity from midfield is improving with every game.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Killer passes always bring things round to Scott Allan ... sometimes his passes are so good the level of players we have aren't quick enough to see them coming and the pass comes to nothing.

I love watching him play ... but sometimes he is so determined to find that killer ball or manoeuvre himself into a position to make the killer pass that he ignores the pass he should be making, the obvious supreme belief he has in his own ability can work against him.

But what the hell ..... I would rather have one Scott Allan than one hundred cloggers any day of the week.

H18S NX
14-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Killer passes always bring things round to Scott Allan ... sometimes his passes are so good the level of players we have aren't quick enough to see them coming and the pass comes to nothing.

I love watching him play ... but sometimes he is so determined to find that killer ball or manoeuvre himself into a position to make the killer pass that he ignores the pass he should be making, the obvious supreme belief he has in his own ability can work against him.

But what the hell ..... I would rather have one Scott Allan than one hundred cloggers any day of the week...........:top marks

Stevie Reid
14-02-2015, 12:35 PM
At the early point of the season we couldn't break teams down and create many chances - despite all the possession we had - as we continually made the wrong decisions in the final third.

Nowadays we have no such trouble. We can be incredibly incisive on the break, but can also work the ball around the penalty area to very good effect.

The movement and desire to get on the ball is very good, as is the quality of passing.