PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

maturehibby
13-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Outstanding tonight made some outstanding saves to keep us in the game - deserved his clean sheet and My Man of the Match - perhaps the Moaning brigade will now get off his back now .
See how much easier it must be for him when away from Easter road when the doom and gloom brigade are not on his back throughout - Bravo Mark and to a lesser degree Fontaine for his goal line header .

bingo70
13-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Not his biggest fan but thought he was excellent tonight.

ManBearPig
13-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Totally agree was my MOTM as well was superb and it was never a pass back but don't know why he took the risk and picked it up?

hibbytam
13-02-2015, 10:52 PM
He did well, but I'd like to see him catch the ball more. There were a couple he punched/pushed away that I thought he could have held.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2015, 10:54 PM
The only bit that had me scratching my head ( or to put it another way screaming at the telly ) was when he punched the ball away with the nearest Current Bun 4 yards away ..... apart from that, and picking up Fontaine's scuff, he had a good game.

hibee_girl
13-02-2015, 10:54 PM
He did well, but I'd like to see him catch the ball more. There were a couple he punched/pushed away that I thought he could have held.

:agree:

He made 2 fantastic saves today but his inability to catch the ball, his time wasting antics and the way he takes an age to make his mind up about coming off his line infuriate me.

hibby6270
13-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Other than the time he punched the ball clear in the second half, when it was easier to catch it, he was great tonight. 3 great saves, 2 of which were outstanding. The other was more routine but superbly backed up by Fontaines header of the line after he parried it away.

givescotlandfreedom
13-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Outstanding tonight made some outstanding saves to keep us in the game - deserved his clean sheet and My Man of the Match - perhaps the Moaning brigade will now get off his back now .
See how much easier it must be for him when away from Easter road when the doom and gloom brigade are not on his back throughout - Bravo Mark and to a lesser degree Fontaine for his goal line header .

He made some great saves tonight.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2015, 10:59 PM
He was right to pick Fontaines scuffed ball up as it was never a pass back.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Have heard people say in the past that they can't really recall any decent saves he had made. Hope they remember a couple now :-)

greenlex
14-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Fantastic saves? Two decent ones I recall but would have expected a half decent goalie to do that anyway. The save he clawed over the bar was the better iot the two but my MOTM was on the line to clear if he hadn't anyway. A solid but not particularly outstanding performance. Well done Nark.

HibernianJK
14-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Good game last night but a couple where he could have caught and not punched and almost cost us a goal when fontaine cleared off the line from miller with poor parry

matty_f
14-02-2015, 09:30 AM
I thought he did very well. A clean sheet under the pressure we were under speaks volumes for how well he played.

hfcok
14-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Totally agree,maybe having a decent back up goalie has helped his mindset.

Bronson
14-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Fantastic saves? Two decent ones I recall but would have expected a half decent goalie to do that anyway. The save he clawed over the bar was the better iot the two but my MOTM was on the line to clear if he hadn't anyway. A solid but not particularly outstanding performance. Well done Nark.

That's how I saw it. I don't recall any outstanding saves, one decent one from Miler that he tipped over the bear, a save I would still 100% expect him to make. What else?

Agree again that Fontaine was MOTM, proving to be a superb signing.

Leithenhibby
14-02-2015, 10:09 AM
How many hibs keepers have kept a clean sheet at Ibrox in the last 40 years?

Credit where it's due... ;-)

Nameless
14-02-2015, 10:13 AM
How many hibs keepers have kept a clean sheet at Ibrox in the last 40 years?

Credit where it's due... ;-)

Andy McNeill, Si Brown and big Y-ves did, so maybe lets not go too nuts.

Leithenhibby
14-02-2015, 10:20 AM

Just sticking up for our keeper who had a very good game IMO

PPZPOL
14-02-2015, 10:28 AM
He also kicked very well a few times with his left foot which I can't see mentioned in previous posts, better with his bad foot than some keepers are with good. Distribution was excellent as well (especially for 2nd goal). Clean sheet with defence working hard as well with some great blocks, deserved the clean sheet.

Nameless
14-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Just sticking up for our keeper who had a very good game IMO

As well you should - last night was probably his busiest shift in a hibs jersey, and he contributed to the 3 points as much as Stevenson and Robertson. Merely pointing out that clean sheets at greyskull are not as elusive as some might imagine.

Baldy Foghorn
14-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Thought he gave us a few scares again last night. In particular one in second half when he was near Fontaine, and elected to punch rather than catch, when the catch looked relatively easier

Diclonius
14-02-2015, 06:18 PM

Replace McNeil with Zibi and add Mark Brown and you're right.

Pete
14-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Apart from the Dundee United game, that's probably been the only time our defence as a whole has been put under real pressure.

It's games like this we should be judging him on and I thought he did well.

erin go bragh
14-02-2015, 06:32 PM
That's how I saw it. I don't recall any outstanding saves, one decent one from Miler that he tipped over the bear, a save I would still 100% expect him to make. What else?

Agree again that Fontaine was MOTM, proving to be a superb signing.

His save from the looping header was imo top notch ,

Ggtth

greenlex
14-02-2015, 06:44 PM

Ggtth

That's the one I was on about actually. My MOTM Stevenson was there on the line if he missed it. Although I have to say I though Fontaine was great.

cam75
14-02-2015, 06:54 PM
That's the one I was on about actually. My MOTM Stevenson was there on the line if he missed it. Although I have to say I though Fontaine was great.

Was that the 1 that went wide with LS throwing himself at it ?

Bronson
14-02-2015, 06:58 PM

Ggtth

That was the other one, right enough. Wouldn't say top notch though, quite a standard save, I'd be very disappointed if we conceded that in all honesty.

I'm not trying to bash the guy, just giving my honest assessment although I'm not really a fan. Would like to see Cerny get a shot soon.

Zazu62
14-02-2015, 07:07 PM
He was right to pick Fontaines scuffed ball up as it was never a pass back.

Exactly , its not the keepers fault

greenlex
14-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Was that the 1 that went wide with LS throwing himself at it ?

Naw. The one where Mark corkscrewed backwards to claw the ball wide/over the bar. Lewis was on the line waiting to clear as it was dropping. Lewis did have the ball covered too with the diving header in the other instance too tho.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2015, 07:14 PM
I thought he looked steady enough with a couple of dodgy moments. The save just before miller had the shot that fontaine cleared was poor, should always push wide not back into the crowd of players. And the punch where he should have just held it was also a poor decision.

Other than that he did what was asked of him, if he'd let any of the chances they had in then i'm pretty sure he'd be getting slaughtered as they were all standard saves any keeper of the championship in scotland should make.

His kicking was very good, and apart from the once he came for and caught every cross he should have. I'd give him a 7 maybe an 8 out of 10.

CockneyRebel
14-02-2015, 07:22 PM
The only bit that had me scratching my head ( or to put it another way screaming at the telly ) was when he punched the ball away with the nearest Current Bun 4 yards away ..... apart from that, and picking up Fontaine's scuff, he had a good game.

Spot on