PDA

View Full Version : Did Hibs miss Liam Craig tonight?

SkintHibby
13-02-2015, 11:41 PM
I cant make up my mind.:confused:

O'Rourke3
13-02-2015, 11:48 PM
Yip. No-one to boo.

I suspect we'll see a lot of ins and outs for the remainder of the season in midfield as the manager puts different starting line-ups to deal with the opposition. Stubbs played a blinder putting two workhorses in Robertson and McGeouch in MF to allow Allan to try and dictate. Having a player like Craig relegated to the bench is a great problem and was cover for the other two.

Hermit Crab
14-02-2015, 12:05 AM
You know what, I think we did miss him in the middle. I felt our midfield five lost the battle tonight. Rangers won nearly every second ball in there and had too much room.

caithnesshibee
14-02-2015, 12:15 AM
I think Alan Stubbs said one off his best, if not best quotes to the media tonight. He says everyone has a part to play in this squad over the rest of the season, brilliant management in my opinion. And he's right. Including Liam Craig.

ElginHibbie
14-02-2015, 12:23 AM
I think Alan Stubbs said one off his best, if not best quotes to the media tonight. He says everyone has a part to play in this squad over the rest of the season, brilliant management in my opinion. And he's right. Including Liam Craig.

Completely agree. We have a great squad at the moment, but there is still a long way to go this season and with play offs and (hopefully) a cup run we are going to need to everyone to play an important part

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-02-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm not convinced that 3 in midfield worked tonight. We won but were a bit overrun in there. Craig or Fyvie back in for Watson next time I think

ScottM1875
14-02-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure that we missed Craig specifically but we definetly did miss a player in midfield as only playing 3 essentially allowed them to double mark Scott Allan. I'd have Fyvie into the team next week rather than Craig.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Craig has been, for the most part, decent this season even if some simply refuse to see it.

However he has been poor the last 2 weeks and if Stubbs made a decision to change the formation then he was the obvious candidate to drop out.

seanshow
14-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Standing up for the team.

We could have done with him getting in the refs face for some of those late and dirty challenges by sevco, he's good at that.
I know this is not english fitba but we should be more streetwise, surrounding the ref to make a point about some of those tackles.

Guy nearly broke Lewis's foot near the end on the follow through of a clearance, and the ref wasn't even going to give us a freekick

southern hibby
14-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Craig, has been good against The Rangers this season. I was surprised he was not playing as he would have given us a bit of steel on the left hand side.

However Stubbsy set his team up and managed to get us another win at ipox, without even playing good football.

GGTTH

Smartie
14-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Craig, has been good against The Rangers this season. I was surprised he was not playing as he would have given us a bit of steel on the left hand side.

However Stubbsy set his team up and managed to get us another win at ipox, without even playing good football.

GGTTH

I agree.

We've had 3 very strong performances against Rangers prior to last night and Liam Craig would have been in with a shout of MOTM in all 3.

He had been poor in the previous 2 games though. And to be fair to Craig he's responded well each time he's been dropped so far.

We got the points though, which was the main thing.

Unseen work
14-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Interesting Fyvie went on ahead of him tonight. And he played a massive part in the goal too

Nomeancity
21-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Remember what goram said about neil Orr, you only realised the job he was doing when he wasn't playing. He thought he was the best hibs player he had played with while most fans that he was average.
is this not a bit like Liam Craig, midfield did struggle when he wasn't there, but can't make up my mind if the 2 are connected?

J-C
21-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Remember what goram said about neil Orr, you only realised the job he was doing when he wasn't playing. He thought he was the best hibs player he had played with while most fans that he was average.
is this not a bit like Liam Craig, midfield did struggle when he wasn't there, but can't make up my mind if the 2 are connected?

Having Allan and Dylan in the same team you need someone like Craig to do the normal boring stuff, these two are very similar and the midfield is weaker with just them and Robertson. Although Robertson has played very well recently, he's a box2box and not an out and out DM who we still need, when Craig plays he allows Robertson to go forward and vice versa, which in turn allows Allan/Dylan the freedom to express themselves.

AK86
21-02-2015, 12:30 PM
I just missed Craig. He was crossing Albion road, must get a faster car.:wink:

Dinkydoo
21-02-2015, 12:30 PM
A bit late to this thread I suppose but stating the obvious, it depends which Liam Craig turns up; the one who played The Rangers last time, yes - he was fantastic - but again, too many times this season I don't think he's played very well. I don't think we missed him specifically however I agree that the setup in midfield didnt really work, despite the victory. I think it was more to do with not playing four in the middle and then trying to constantly play through the middle that was our downfall - especially playing a 3-5-2 that is designed to provide width. Two of the few times we worked the ball out wide we scored.