13-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Said on match thread, superb game. Got lots to his game

gaz1875
13-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Said on match thread, superb game. Got lots to his game

Even had a spell as a shot stopper :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
13-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Yep, deservedly MOTM. What an improvement in Scott over last year. Great player.

Jim44
13-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Even had a spell as a shot stopper :greengrin

His hand is still stinging ......... he said post match that he couldn't have argued if the ref had given a penalty. Take the breaks when you get them.

TRC
13-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I thought the rangers player lifted his arm?

gaz1875
13-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I thought the rangers player lifted his arm?

Yep tangle of arms for sure, can't blame the ref for not seeing or giving it Thank **** :flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
13-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Hes been a completely different player this season and well worth a new deal

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Been good all year ... our best midfielder tonight http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Boyle89
13-02-2015, 11:06 PM
This is the midfielder we thought we had signed. I remember him missing a sitter in the semi against Falkirk and wondering why he was playing so poorly. Never stops running. Midfield looking very very strong right now. Hope he keeps it up.

cabbage_88
13-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Well done robbo! Different class and goal well deserved. Been one of our most consistent players this season.

caithnesshibee
13-02-2015, 11:11 PM
Well done robbo! Different class and goal well deserved. Been one of our most consistent players this season.

It's amazing what happens when good players are used efficiently in a good team by a manager who knows what a midfield is.

matty_f
13-02-2015, 11:13 PM
He put in a real shift tonight, and showed incredible desire to get the goal. He's a changed player this season.

maturehibby
13-02-2015, 11:15 PM
A human Dynamo

TheFamous1875
14-02-2015, 01:50 AM
An all-round great player to have at our club. Was our best player when he was fit last season too.

Pete
14-02-2015, 02:11 AM
He put in a real shift tonight, and showed incredible desire to get the goal. He's a changed player this season.

First to react for the goal amongst the Rangers players who were sleeping (they should be hauled over the coals for that).

The old guard from last season are starting to prove to people that they weren't bad players after all.

Nameless
14-02-2015, 06:51 AM
He has to be offered a new deal. He is showing that he is a complete midfielder - tracks back, scores goals, never stops running, likes a tackle....given his age, he's probably not even peaked yet. If we go up, and he stays, next season's midfield could be our strongest ever.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2015, 07:13 AM
Our most improved player by a mile imo.

After his start at Hibs, his mediocre efforts last season and his performance against Hearts in the 1st derby this season I'd have been happy never to see him in a Hibs shirt again.

God knows what Stubbs has done with him, amd what he's done for himself, but he's like a totally different player and one of the first names on the team sheet.

allezsauzee
14-02-2015, 07:18 AM
I can honestly say I never doubted that he would come good for us. Joined a team woefully out of form in January while having fitness problems. I thought he did ok last season but again struggled for fitness but we are seeing the real Robbo now. I'd be delighted he signs another contract. Him, Allan, Fyvie , McGeouch would dominate most SPL midfields

Col2
14-02-2015, 07:20 AM
He looks a yard or two quicker as well. Crucial to how we play as he has all the legs and energy to allow Allan and Dylan to play.

Hibby Bairn
14-02-2015, 07:35 AM
It's amazing what happens when good players are used efficiently in a good team by a manager who knows what a midfield is.

And gets them fit.

Danderhall Hibs
14-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Got to admit I had all but written him off at the end of last season after a year and a half of trying to work out what his strengths were and failing.

What a difference appointing Stubbs has made for him.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Another deserved MOTM - key player this season. Well done son :thumbsup:

14-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Brilliant tonight and took his goal well :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
14-02-2015, 07:40 PM
It's such a simple thing for a player like Scott Robertson in my opinion - his game relies on hustle and pressing so he needs to be at the top of his fitness levels. If he were to fall just a little under that then his game would be affected in quite a large way.

Brightside
14-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Had this chat with some people on twitter. He more than most was ruined by Butcher and his tactics. Hard working, unselfish, does the simple things very well. Without Stubbs he'd have ended up at another club and would have been a huge lose.

Unseen work
15-02-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm loving his performances and they change in them, it's a joy to watch and you can see how much he enjoys it compared to the last couple of years.

Also he is now on 5 goals this season which is impressive and the highest out of our midfielders if I'm not mistaken?

Allan-1
Mcgeouch -3
Craig - 2
Fyvie -0

This is off the top of my head

Jack
15-02-2015, 10:23 AM
I thought he started off last season well but faded badly after an injury and never really got to grips with the Butcher of Hibs (and football generally).

This season with the proper backing and Stubbs managerial wisdom he's really come on to be an integral part of the team. You can see he's really trying and it's working.

Just turned 29, he's got at least a couple of good seasons in him, hopefully for us.

matty_f
15-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Seems like a right good lad as well.

I think he's done well to bounce back from the end of last season and the first derby of the season, which really couldn't have gone any worse for him.

I've been really impressed with him this season, and would have no complaints if he was to keep his position for the foreseeable future.

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2015, 10:27 AM
What I love most about Robbo is his genuine affection for our club....even in the bad timeshe was the one who always came to applaud the fans at Full Time every single week and his comments recently about not being difficult to deal with over a new deal show he loves being here. Another we want to get signed up ASAP

ancient hibee
15-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Excellent goal-reacted well-particularly as it was him who pushed the ball out wide to Allan in the first place.

brog
15-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Confidence plays a huge part in sport & our whole team were shot to pieces by the fiasco that was TB & MM. Scott didn't just score our first goal, he played a huge part in the creation. Last year when the ball came to him he would have passed it back or sideways. On Friday he took a man out by moving forward then laid the ball off before moving forward & being in position to slot in the goal. What a change & I'm delighted for him.

lyonhibs
15-02-2015, 09:32 PM
He has to be offered a new deal. He is showing that he is a complete midfielder - tracks back, scores goals, never stops running, likes a tackle....given his age, he's probably not even peaked yet. If we go up, and he stays, next season's midfield could be our strongest ever.

Our strongest midfield EVER ?!?

Have you lost the plot ?

Good player no doubt, and greatly improved but better than Stanton, Edwards, Cropley et al or Thomson, Brown and Beuzelin ?

No.