PDA

View Full Version : We got away with that tonight.

Hibbyradge
13-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Oxley had at least 3 good saves and Fontaine headed one off the line.

Big shout for a penalty before Lewis scored too.

Magic!

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2015, 10:15 PM
We deserved a win like that with all the games we have absolutely battered teams (like Hearts) and not won this season.

ACLeith
13-02-2015, 10:16 PM

Magic!
:top marks

SouthMoroccoStu
13-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Have to disagree with you there sir

That's what the keeper is there for

Our keeper made saves, their keeper didn't

Wasn't the best performance but we converted the chances we got and kept a clean sheet

3 points and the Hibs go marching on

matty_f
13-02-2015, 10:17 PM
We deserved a win like that with all the games we have absolutely battered teams (like Hearts) and not won this season.

Correct.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Hibs knew what they were doing. ...It was rangers who got away with a 0-2 defeat

California-Hibs
13-02-2015, 10:19 PM
I agree. We'll take it (of course!) but we'll need to up our game when we face them in the Play-Offs over the 2 games. Great resilience shown in defense though and clinical on the counterattack - As normal! I'm very smug on Facebook tonight and catching a few biggies! Reeeeeeeeel them in Hibees! :agree:

Jim44
13-02-2015, 10:19 PM

Magic!

They must be sick of the sight of us and dread meeting us in the playoffs. The good thing is that it'll be the same unstrengthened hun squad who will continue to lose games regularly for the rest of the season but scrape through to the playoffs.

SJNB Hibby
13-02-2015, 10:21 PM
They must be sick of the sight of us and dread meeting us in the playoffs. The good thing is that it'll be the same unstrengthened hun squad who will continue to lose games regularly for the rest of the season but scrape through to the playoffs.

No they don't---they are dreaming of us winning the next league match---and losing to them in the Play-offs
Complacency is what will do us in---we need to be careful

iwasthere1972
13-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Even if they got the penalty there's no guarantee that they would have scored.

Smash and grab tonight and although we rode our luck at times, The Rangers are still Jimmy White, Von Trapp and Colin Nish.

:flag: :flag:

greenpaper55
13-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Sorry to rain a few parades but that was not a good show from us tonight, on another night Rangers would have had a few goals. We gave the ball away far to easily and and were hustled out our stride without us doing the same to them, glad to take the points and let's hope it's one off performance.

13-02-2015, 10:28 PM

:agree:

We didnt play well at all, cheaply gave away far too much possesion to them but like I said on another thread how many time have we absolutely battered teams but no won?

End of the day I dont care if we play like Real Madrid or play worse than a sunday pub team as long as we win.

hfc-1875
13-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Over the past few years if we went to ibrox and played like that we would have got beat 2 or 3-0! Good to see we now have the quality to grind out results even when we aren't anywhere near our best!

lord bunberry
13-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Sorry to rain a few parades but that was not a good show from us tonight, on another night Rangers would have had a few goals. We gave the ball away far to easily and and were hustled out our stride without us doing the same to them, glad to take the points and let's hope it's one off performance.
Your not raining on anyone's parade, we didn't play great but we won. Try and enjoy it, there's been plenty times this season when we've outplayed teams and not won.

Silversand
13-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Agreed - a 2-0 win at Ibrox should be a stackable offence.

AK86
13-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Sevco never really gave you the feeling they were going to score tonight. Yes they had a lot of ball, but we dealt with it no bother.
after an hour the stats came up that possession was 50/50 which surprised me, but really tells a story.
Onwards and upwards Hibs, can we play sevco every week please :wink:

essexhibee
13-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Much like the old rangers used to be :agree: how times have changed and all for the better :aok:

We ground that out. But we won. The fact that was the best performance by rangers yet they still lost will only help to further damage their confidence.

harry-hibee
13-02-2015, 10:40 PM
No not a good attacking performance tonight but we defended very well, the difference tonight was Rangers threw hopeful crosses into the box but 2 class passing moves from us provided goals.

KWJ
13-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Magic indeed!

Great to grind out the 3 points there.

theonlywayisup
13-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Do you know what my thoughts are? I keep thinking back to when Rangers had an unfair advantage as they were able to buy the best players and put out teams that were much better than ours. It was always inevitable that the Rangers would win. Yes we might make it difficult for them and sometimes even win. But the Rangers would almost always win.

How things have turned around this year. We've played the four times. In only one of those games they have scraped a win, in two games they have competed, in two games they were out played and were well beaten. It is almost inevitable that we will win now. We have better players, we play better as a team and we are more likely to score.

Long may this period of dominance continue.

Glory Lurker
13-02-2015, 11:02 PM
I think we should retrospectively give Falkirk three points for that hard fought win at Brockville in 1999. :rolleyes

warwickboy
13-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Do you know what my thoughts are? I keep thinking back to when Rangers had an unfair advantage as they were able to buy the best players and put out teams that were much better than ours. It was always inevitable that the Rangers would win. Yes we might make it difficult for them and sometimes even win. But the Rangers would almost always win.

How things have turned around this year. We've played the four times. In only one of those games they have scraped a win, in two games they have competed, in two games they were out played and were well beaten. It is almost inevitable that we will win now. We have better players, we play better as a team and we are more likely to score.

Long may this period of dominance continue.

Believe me, every non-Sevco fan in this country is getting a proper buzz from your 1-3, 4-0, 0-2 victories.

Quite happily stuck a wad on 9/4 (Ladbrokes) for the away win. Seemed like free money. Oh, look what happened!

Hibs never really excelled tonight, but never had to.

Mon the Hibees!

07BigD
13-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Who gives a flying **** get it right round them

zlatan
13-02-2015, 11:08 PM
Anyone else feel like that set up was a dress rehearsal for a play off game at Ibrox?

nonshinyfinish
13-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Didn't play well, rode our luck a bit, and scored thanks to a couple of moments of real quality. Sevco would give their collective right bollock for a bit of quality just now, and that was the telling difference.

greenlex
13-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Didn't play well, rode our luck a bit, and scored thanks to a couple of moments of real quality. Sevco would give their collective right bollock for a bit of quality just now, and that was the telling difference.
What an incredibly horrible thought Fishy one. A collective Hun right Bollock.:Ummm::Ummm:

mca
13-02-2015, 11:13 PM

Was thinking the same... They had about 15 shots on target and we had about 5 !!!! :wink:

Delighted with the Win.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

CallumLaidlaw
13-02-2015, 11:20 PM
We play well in games, make lots of chances, yet only draw - people aren't happy.
We play not that great, away against the team above us in the league, and win the game 0-2 - people aren't happy. :rolleyes:

Eyrie
13-02-2015, 11:21 PM
I was disappointed by our performance tonight. We let a poor but committed Sevco Huns side pressure us into conceding possession and territory.

Still, we defended gamely, kept a clean sheet and sneaked two goals. I'd take that every week for the rest of this season.

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2015, 11:22 PM
Lets not kid ourselves on here, that was as poor as we have been for a few months, we didn't get our game together at all, Allan and McGeough were off the pace. Our passing was off and we were second to 65% of loose balls in midfield. When we did break forward we didn't make enough of our possession.

It takes the defence to step up when we don't dominate midfield like we usually do and they did that tonight. I cant say I'm sorry, coz any idea that we might steamroller the Zombies in a playoff is now on the back burner.

As has already been said we have failed to get results in games we have dominated this season, so we were due this one :aok:

Sir David Gray
13-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Two weeks ago we dominated the game against Raith Rovers, creating about 25 chances or whatever it was and yet we were punished in the last minute with an equaliser and dropped two points in a 1-1 draw.

Tonight, despite not playing particularly well, we soak up plenty of possession against us and our goalkeeper earns his wage by making a few good saves. We take two of the chances that came our way and won the match 2-0.

I know which game I preferred.

lucky
13-02-2015, 11:26 PM
We did not play well but we won. 3 league games 9 points & 9-1 on aggregate. We've nothing to fear from them in the play offs

Eyrie
13-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Two weeks ago we dominated the game against Raith Rovers, creating about 25 chances or whatever it was and yet we were punished in the last minute with an equaliser and dropped two points in a 1-1 draw.

Tonight, despite not playing particularly well, we soak up plenty of possession against us and our goalkeeper earns his wage by making a few good saves. We take two of the chances that came our way and won the match 2-0.

I know which game I preferred.

I know which game I preferred watching, but I also know which result I preferred.

dmc1875
13-02-2015, 11:32 PM
While I thought we were sloppy at times I can't help but think we didn't get out of second gear tonight as it was never required.

Brightside
13-02-2015, 11:34 PM
we missed craig

PatHead
13-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Was at the game in the The Rangers end tonight. Was chatting to a couple of their fans who felt Hibs gave a very good professional performance, stuck to their game plan and deserved the win. They thought Hibs defended well but gave the ball away too often in the first 20 minutes of second half but apart from that we were the better side. They just huffed and puffed without much skill but lots of energy. Funny how we all see things differently.

It was a bugger sitting on my hands when Robertson and Lewis scored though.

Hibs end looked bouncing.

hibby6270
13-02-2015, 11:47 PM
It was' according to BT sport commentator our 50th win against Rangers or should I say a "a team that plays out of Ibrox". :greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-02-2015, 11:53 PM
We got away with a strange selection and a lacklustre performance. Can't fault anyone for effort or commitment but the quality was lacking for long, long spells tonight.

Still feeling a tad disappointed after a 2-0 win at Ibrox can only be a good thing.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2015, 11:56 PM
We definitely got away with it. On the back foot for most of the game. Dogged defending and poor finishing from Rangers was the difference. We can and need to play better in the coming matches to keep the momentum going.

O'Rourke3
14-02-2015, 12:09 AM
I have to admit there were spells in the second half where I thought we defended too deep but I have to say that we didn't get away with that we deserved it. What I witnessed this evening - albeit from the discomfort of a sofa - was them raising their game to take us on and we passed that test pretty well.

Greenblood70
14-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Absolutely delighted with the result, and the fact the two goal scorers sweat blood for us. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be capable of producing one of our least convincing performances of the season and still stuff those horrible *******s 0-2 i'd have snatched your hand off.

However, despite the result I thought the formation we set up with caused our own problems tonight. Shoehorning Watson into a back 3 did not work and I was disappointed we persevered with it for so long.

We were capable of better tonight but i'll never turn up my nose at stuffing the hun at Ibrox.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 12:13 AM
I know which game I preferred watching, but I also know which result I preferred.

I know which game will help more in getting second place.

14-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Absolutely delighted with the result, and the fact the two goal scorers sweat blood for us. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be capable of producing one of our least convincing performances of the season and still stuff those horrible *******s 0-2 i'd have snatched your hand off.

However, despite the result I thought the formation we set up with caused our own problems tonight. Shoehorning Watson into a back 3 did not work and I was disappointed we persevered with it for so long.

We were capable of better tonight but i'll never turn up my nose at stuffing the hun at Ibrox.

That saves me a bother!

hibbytam
14-02-2015, 12:21 AM
You know what that felt like?

Like one of those games we used to have against the old Rangers where we have tried our upmost, created chances, and still lost 2-0.
But the other way around.

We didn't play our best, they were running their socks off.
We won 2-0.

Excellent.

Liberal Hibby
14-02-2015, 12:23 AM

Magic!

Nah - at no point during their periods of pressure did I think we would lose. If that had been on Match of the Day we would have been praised for the perfect away performance.

Anyone remember the 1-0 at Firhill under big Pat?

ozwoody
14-02-2015, 12:33 AM
Rangers played their best game of the season by all accounts and we were off pace and never reached heights of December's mauling of them,but we stuck to gameplan and won 2-0,away.
Not pretty but look how far we have come in a short space of time under Stubbs,to be disappointed to leave ibrox after a win. Stubbs has brought a professional manner into the club and we are reaping rewards at the exact time of season

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Rangers played their best game of the season by all accounts and we were off pace and never reached heights of December's mauling of them,but we stuck to gameplan and won 2-0,away.
Not pretty but look how far we have come in a short space of time under Stubbs,to be disappointed to leave ibrox after a win. Stubbs has brought a professional manner into the club and we are reaping rewards at the exact time of season

I obviously haven't seen many of their matches, except for the ones against us and the odd game that's been on TV.

However I would be surprised if they have played any better this season than they did last night.

It's not a great sign when you play what is probably your best match of the season and still lose 2-0 at home against a promotion rival.

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2015, 03:01 AM
I obviously haven't seen many of their matches, except for the ones against us and the odd game that's been on TV.

However I would be surprised if they have played any better this season than they did last night.

It's not a great sign when you play what is probably your best match of the season and still lose 2-0 at home against a promotion rival.

Hopefully playing their best and still losing will hurt their morale too

lyonhibs
14-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Got a bit lucky on a couple of occasions, especially early doors. Luck is part of football though, just not one we get all that often. Goalkeepers are also there to make saves and every team has one so I'm not sure how Oxley being called into action a few times counts against us particularly.

Where was this genuine penalty shout, out of interest ?

Winston Ingram
14-02-2015, 06:40 AM
we missed having 4 in midfield.

bingo70
14-02-2015, 06:54 AM

How, what would have happened with 4 in midfield?

Might have had more of the ball but we might have missed having an extra man at the back.

weonlywon6-2
14-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Rangers were always going to be up for it,we weathered a storm and came away with the points,not every game is silky smooth
probably our biggest game of the season so far last night and we left with three points, magic

TowerHibs
14-02-2015, 07:05 AM
Find stuff saying we were lucky to be strange. You can't play amazing football every week. Hammered raith last week, Falkirk earlier in the season and failed to win.

A good defensive performance and good goalkeeping performance is just as good as a good attacking performance.

Chelsea, city, barca, Madrid have off days but solid defensive performances.

More than happy with last night. We should always look for positives and get right behind this team and manager, best period supporting hibs for a number of years regardless of the league we are in.

Aldo
14-02-2015, 07:23 AM
Unfortunately we've set our standards high on the playing front folk aren't happy even after winning 0-2 at Hunbrox.

We were slack in possession and gave it away - but won 0-2
We sat far to deep at times - but won 0-2
Der Hun hit us with everything they had - but won 0-2
We only had 5 shots at goal - But won 0-2

I think what I like about last nite was Stubbs changed it about - dropped Craig and played 3 at the back. It might not of been pretty to watch at times but we won.

Over the last number of years previous managers have bee clueless tactically and have had no plan A let alone B or C etc

The most important thing for me at this time of the season is that we win at all costs.

Onion
14-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Enjoy the result and let's not beat ourselves up too much about the lack of free-flowing football. Wins at Hunbrox are rare and there's a good chance we'll look back at these last 3 games with pride in years to come.

The Huns have a massive playing budget, huge crowds, refs as their 12th man, can kick with impunity, media support and tried their best. Despite all of that, the good guys won.

judas
14-02-2015, 07:31 AM

Yes, absolutely.

rcarter1
14-02-2015, 07:37 AM
Enjoy the result and let's not beat ourselves up too much about the lack of free-flowing football. Wins at Hunbrox are rare and there's a good chance we'll look back at these last 3 games with pride in years to come.

The Huns have a massive playing budget, huge crowds, refs as their 12th man, can kick with impunity, media support and tried their best. Despite all of that, the good guys won.

The evidence would suggest otherwise.. :greengrin

gorgie greens
14-02-2015, 08:02 AM

Hibs play 5 in midfield when the full backs push on

Borderhibbie76
14-02-2015, 08:48 AM

If you listen to Stubbsy on Hibs TV post match he explains he changed it to 3 at back as he knew der hun would pummel us with high balls and he wanted a 3rd centre half in there.

Totally agree with you Trig...who knows what psychological damage that will have done to der huns already fragile confidence. They know they will most probably have to beat us in a 2 leg play off. ..yet we can both pass them and fight them off park as we have proved 3 times this season.

As an aside, love listening to Stubbs post match, he is so clued up tactically...what a difference from our last 3 or 4 "managers" . In Stubbsy we trust

Jack
14-02-2015, 09:14 AM

I think it's a clear demonstration of how a team of lesser ability can raise their game against us and make it a bit difficult for us to get into gear.

They were obviously hurting follow following the previous matches and came out with an absolute determination to win at all costs, including intimidating and assaulting our players.

Maybe not the Hibs Class we've become used to but too much class for them to cope with.

Ringothedog
14-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Was at the game in the The Rangers end tonight. Was chatting to a couple of their fans who felt Hibs gave a very good professional performance, stuck to their game plan and deserved the win. They thought Hibs defended well but gave the ball away too often in the first 20 minutes of second half but apart from that we were the better side. They just huffed and puffed without much skill but lots of energy. Funny how we all see things differently.

It was a bugger sitting on my hands when Robertson and Lewis scored though.

Hibs end looked bouncing.

I was in among them last night, the first goal was right in front of us and I found it surprisingly easy not to cheer but when the second went in it was really difficult to remain calm. The huns just seem resigned to being crap.The hibs support sounded and looked brilliant all night.

Bobby's Cinema
14-02-2015, 09:39 AM
We won the game. Yea we were penned in abit and conceded chances but not once did they cut us open the way we did for both goals. You always felt we could score another and imo I always felt we were comfortable enough.

Eyrie
14-02-2015, 10:47 AM

Might have had more of the ball but we might have missed having an extra man at the back.
With more of the ball we would have been able to play the game further up the park and not needed three centre halfs.

Hibs play 5 in midfield when the full backs push on
But in a game like last night when the wing backs are forced to play deep and defensive then we only have three in midfield. We lacked width as a result.

The result may have supported Stubbs' tactics, but I don't have to approve and believe that it would have backfired if Sevco Huns had had a decent finisher.

J-C
14-02-2015, 11:00 AM
WE won 1-3 there last time with 3 at the back, destroyed them at ER with the 4-4-2 diamond, he tried to be clever and went 3 at the back again there and although we won not as comfortable as last time, should've stuck with 4 in the middle.

ronaldo7
14-02-2015, 11:05 AM
We played poorly last night but dug out a deserved win. We never passed the ball enough, and when we did it went astray. I thought we defended well and Stubbsy's tactics were spot on with the 3-5-2.

It's a measure of the squad when we don't play well and win 2-0 at the Hunpit.

Keep this going and we might make something of our season.

Lucius Apuleius
14-02-2015, 11:18 AM
They played better than I have seen them against us in the other games this season. Still think the result was never in doubt. Yep, they had possession advantage but could do bog all with it. When Fontaine headed that one off the line then Ox's first great save I thought the game was in the bag. There was no luck involved in my opinion. The defence did what they were supposed to and the team as a whole managed to score. Forwards maybe a little disappointing but sure ain't gonna let that get me down. Honestly never thought I would see the day where we win 2-0 at the hunnery and people saying we were lucky (not aimed at anyone in specific).

Winston Ingram
14-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Having watched most games this season, i'm struggling to remember a game when we had such little presence in midfield and i think it's fair to say taking a man out made that happen.

They aren't a good side and having more possession further up the pitch is surely better than sticking an extra man at the back and defending for most of the game.

No complaints with the result obviously

Libby Hibby
14-02-2015, 11:37 AM
To me, Stubbs played with 3 to mark their front 2 and still allow our full backs to push forward. When we play 4 - 4 (diamond) - 2, our fullbacks still push forward and our two centre halves generally just have to worry about 1 forward but last night he must of felt they would play with 2 up top, so he picked a formation and style to combat this, still allowing us to get forward.

A formation and a style that won us the game 2-0 at Ibrox. We can't win pretty all the time but the usual folk on here getting carried away posting negative comments as if we got beat!!! Tactics lads, it's called tactics.

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Having watched most games this season, i'm struggling to remember a game when we had such little presence in midfield and i think it's fair to say taking a man out made that happen.

They aren't a good side and having more possession further up the pitch is surely better than sticking an extra man at the back and defending for most of the game.

That's the thing for me too, we proved at ER in the 4 - 0 game that we are easily capable of outplaying them and the formation we used last night played to the only real attacking option they have, which is pumping cross after cross into the box. The defence played well, but it has to be said if that game had gone against us questions would have been asked about setting up to combat a style of play which would have been much less of an option for the Current Buns as they chased shadows in midfield.

We won, they lost .... what the hell do I know :gwa:

Jim_in_Canada
14-02-2015, 11:58 AM
To me, Stubbs played with 3 to mark their front 2 and still allow our full backs to push forward. When we play 4 - 4 (diamond) - 2, our fullbacks still push forward and our two centre halves generally just have to worry about 1 forward but last night he must of felt they would play with 2 up top, so he picked a formation and style to combat this, still allowing us to get forward.

A formation and a style that won us the game 2-0 at Ibrox. We can't win pretty all the time but the usual folk on here getting carried away posting negative comments as if we got beat!!! Tactics lads, it's called tactics.

Spot on, mate !

Jack
14-02-2015, 12:03 PM
With more of the ball we would have been able to play the game further up the park and not needed three centre halfs.

But in a game like last night when the wing backs are forced to play deep and defensive then we only have three in midfield. We lacked width as a result.

The result may have supported Stubbs' tactics, but I don't have to approve and believe that it would have backfired if Sevco Huns had had a decent finisher.

No. The result DID support Stubbs tactics, absolutely, he was right, whether you approve or not. No ifs, buts or maybes. We won, fact!

nonshinyfinish
14-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Got a bit lucky on a couple of occasions, especially early doors. Luck is part of football though, just not one we get all that often. Goalkeepers are also there to make saves and every team has one so I'm not sure how Oxley being called into action a few times counts against us particularly.

Where was this genuine penalty shout, out of interest ?

One of the orcs volleyed a shot into the ground from the edge of the box, it bounced up and hit Robertson's hand. Always hard to say if it was intentional, but his hand was sticking away out and in the replays he appears to move towards the ball, so if the ref had seen it I'm sure he would have given it.

On principle I'd never go as far as saying Sevco should have had a penalty, but I'd have been screaming for it the other way round. As it is, they didn't get it, and we ran up the other end for Lewis to prompt what would have been a blue exodus if there had been any Sevconians at the game to begin with. Cue much mirth.

--------
14-02-2015, 12:13 PM

Magic!

Aye, but Oxley and Fontaine are part of the team, Mr Radge, and it's up to the opposition to get the ball past them as well as the other nine.

And as my Rangers-loving neighbours in the Caldera have always told me when an award's gone against us, it's the referee's decision whether it's a penalty or not. Besides, the toe-rag owed us one for Miller's elbow on Paul Hanlon.

It wasn't pretty, but it's three points all the same.

And my neighbours in the Caldera are going to have it explained to them that we hardly played at all - and they still couldn't score and we still beat them 2-0.

They really get annoyed when I express my concern and sympathy at their plight.

--------
14-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Find stuff saying we were lucky to be strange. You can't play amazing football every week. Hammered raith last week, Falkirk earlier in the season and failed to win.

A good defensive performance and good goalkeeping performance is just as good as a good attacking performance.

Chelsea, city, barca, Madrid have off days but solid defensive performances.

More than happy with last night. We should always look for positives and get right behind this team and manager, best period supporting hibs for a number of years regardless of the league we are in.

I'm not sure that this sort of rational response will go down too well in some corners of the Net, TH.

I would love to see Hibs win every game with flowing attacking goal-scoring football, but it doesn't happen that way for anyone. SEVCO were steaming in with boots, elbows and heads for most of the match and the officials were turning a collective blind eye to it all. In fact, if they'd done their job the match might have had to be called off - you can't play if one side has less than 7 players on the field. (And I don't think that's an exaggeration.)

It's not easy to play against a violently physical side who have the referee behaving as the guy last night was, and instead of criticising I think we should be congratulating Stubbs and the team on going to Greyskull, keeping a clean sheet, keeping their heads and coming back with all three points.

And doing so without anyone losing it and retaliating - because if anyone in a white shirt had done so he'd have been back in the dressing-room before we could blink.

Mark Oxley brought off three top saves, yet some were criticising him for his performance.

The defence kept a clean sheet - but they were getting flak too.

The attack scored a couple of lovely goals - the second as good as you'll see anywhere - and still folks are moaning.

Tell all the huns you know we didn't play well and they played the best they have all season - and still we beat them.

Next week's another day, another game. Onwards and upwards!

marinello59
14-02-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure that this sort of rational response will go down too well in some corners of the Net, TH.

I would love to see Hibs win every game with flowing attacking goal-scoring football, but it doesn't happen that way for anyone. SEVCO were steaming in with boots, elbows and heads for most of the match and the officials were turning a collective blind eye to it all. In fact, if they'd done their job the match might have had to be called off - you can't play if one side has less than 7 players on the field. (And I don't think that's an exaggeration.)

It's not easy to play against a violently physical side who have the referee behaving as the guy last night was, and instead of criticising I think we should be congratulating Stubbs and the team on going to Greyskull, keeping a clean sheet, keeping their heads and coming back with all three points.

And doing so without anyone losing it and retaliating - because if anyone in a white shirt had done so he'd have been back in the dressing-room before we could blink.

Mark Oxley brought off three top saves, yet some were criticising him for his performance.

The attack scored a couple of lovely goals - the second as good as you'll see anywhere - and still folks are moaning.

Tell all the huns you know we didn't play well and they played the best they have all season - and still we beat them.

Great post.:top marks

SunshineOnLeith
14-02-2015, 12:38 PM
For all Rangers' territory and pressure, what did they actually create? Hee-haw. Twice in the game a player made a genuine quality pass in the final third and both times it was a Hibs player.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Aye, but Oxley and Fontaine are part of the team, Mr Radge, and it's up to the opposition to get the ball past them as well as the other nine.

And as my Rangers-loving neighbours in the Caldera have always told me when an award's gone against us, it's the referee's decision whether it's a penalty or not. Besides, the toe-rag owed us one for Miller's elbow on Paul Hanlon.

It wasn't pretty, but it's three points all the same.

And my neighbours in the Caldera are going to have it explained to them that we hardly played at all - and they still couldn't score and we still beat them 2-0.

They really get annoyed when I express my concern and sympathy at their plight.

I agree with you.

That's why I wrote "magic!" :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
14-02-2015, 01:11 PM

Wull
14-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Who gives a flying **** get it right round them

:agree::flag:

TowerHibs
14-02-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm looking forward to our next draw against someone below us in the league. Same poster will be moaning that 25 shots on goal is pointless and we need to know how to grind out results.

I'm jut delighted to be supporting the club football wise this season. Too many football manager/fifa players think the team should destroy everyone 2/3 nil every week with all players giving no less than 7 out of 10 a week.

Not even top teams are like that.

Most enjoyable season for me on the pitch in a long time. I know the opposition isn't much but we have a manager and coaching setup that finally have plans

poolman
14-02-2015, 01:35 PM
]I'm not sure that this sort of rational response will go down too well in some corners of the Net, TH.[/B]

You'll get no argument from me Doddie

Agree with everything there :agree:

ancient hibee
14-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Team set out to play in a certain way.Do it perfectly.Tactics justified.Win with two goal margin like last visit.Still moaners on here.Jeez.

gaz1875
14-02-2015, 02:36 PM
I think it's also good to remember just how big a game this was for The Huns, yes it was big for both teams but they really really needed to get something out the game. All they did get was another bad injury (KM) and the impression that even when they do keep the ball down and try to pass through teams they still can't get a result when it matters. We sat in surrendered possession and still looked relatively solid bar a couple of occasions. I won't be surprised if The Huns change tactics again next week against RR go long ball and struggle to get a result.
:flag:

--------
14-02-2015, 02:41 PM
I agree with you.

That's why I wrote "magic!" :thumbsup:

I know that, Mr Radge, and I agree with YOU too.

It's music to the Doddie lug-holes when someone like Kenny McDull shakes his head at the end of the game and claims he "cannae work oot how we lost that - we had aw the chances and maist o the possession and they hit us wi a couple o sucker punches and IT'S NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Suck it up, Kenny - it's goals that count in the end, and you wouldn't be apologising if it had been the other way round.

hibsbollah
14-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Ask yourselves this; could Rangers have scored that second goal? The answer is clearly no, they don't play like that anymore. They can huff and puff, win the physical battle and be the dominant team for three quarters ofthe game. But if you don't have the quality its irrelevant.

We played like a continental side last night. And thats not a bad thing.