Raith-Away
Falkirk-Away
Cowdenbeath-Away
Livingston-Home
Hibs-Away

all five games winnable for us, time to show some consistency at Home

Hibby Bairn
13-02-2015, 10:18 PM
If Rangers were to lose in Kirkcaldy and Falkirk they would be under real pressure to even make the play offs imo. In freefall and zero self belief. Plus external stuff will rumble on into March and beyond.

SJNB Hibby
13-02-2015, 10:25 PM
If Rangers were to lose in Kirkcaldy and Falkirk they would be under real pressure to even make the play offs imo. In freefall and zero self belief. Plus external stuff will rumble on into March and beyond.

12 points clear of Raith and Falkirk---with a game in hand--theyre no that bad, but I CAN see them losing to QOTS in the play-offs, who could then give us a hard time---we need to remember, 2nd , 3rd, 4th is a long way from a job well done---and then there's St Mirren or Motherwell to overcome../

Hibby Bairn
13-02-2015, 10:40 PM
They are only 6 ahead of Falkirk though not 12.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Falkirk must be one of their games in hand as they've only played one league game against them so far(won 4-0) last november, and they hit Raith for 6 in oct, pointless thinking about it i know but we would have been looking pretty good and further ahead of the buns if we hadn't dropped all those points at home, including the four points just recently to Falkirk and Raith :(

jonny
13-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Falkirk must be one of their games in hand as they've only played one league game against them so far(won 4-0) last november, and they hit Raith for 6 in oct, pointless thinking about it i know but we would have been looking pretty good and further ahead of the buns if we hadn't dropped all those points at home, including the four points just recently to Falkirk and Raith :(

Im sure I saw in the adverts tonight that they play Falkirk live on BT in a fortnight. Their next 3 are all live, I think its Raith next Friday for them, then Falkirk the Friday after

Sir David Gray
13-02-2015, 11:34 PM

They've played Falkirk twice so far.

Along with the game you mention, they also played them at the Falkirk Stadium back in August, winning 2-0.

Their games in hand are against Hearts, Livingston and Cowdenbeath.

cabbageandribs1875
13-02-2015, 11:39 PM

Along with the game you mention, they also played them at the Falkirk Stadium back in August, winning 2-0.

missed that one, their 2nd game of the season:aok: i hope the yamboids do us a favour

portycabbage
14-02-2015, 12:46 AM

Their games against Hearts and Cowdenbeath have been arranged for 7th March and 5th April (due to their original opponents being involved in Scottish and Challenge Cup ties:tee hee:)

They will still have 3 games to arrange - against Livi and Alloa away, and Queen of the South at home (Alloa and Queens being the games originally scheduled for the aforementioned cup weekends).

They seem to have been slow to get fixtures rearranged compared to other teams - I think all the other postponed games in the league have been.

Hibeesmad
14-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Hibs will win their next 5, Rangers will lose at least 2

Onion
14-02-2015, 08:52 AM
IMO will come down to the last few games before the POs.

Huns last match is against the Yams, who will have zero to play for ! In fact the Huns will play the Yams twice after the Yams have already won the league.

Jim44
14-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I'd forget about the Yams and Huns and focus on winning the next four games. Our priority has to be guaranteeing a playoff place. Third or fourth is most likely as, despite our superiority over Therangers, they will probably hang on to second spot.

Speedy
14-02-2015, 09:53 AM
us

Dumbarton - Home
Alloa - Away
Livingston-Home
Cowdenbeath-Away
Sevco-Home

Rankgers

Raith-Away
Falkirk-Away
Cowdenbeath-Away
Livingston-Home
Hibs-Away

We should be winning all 5.

Rangers, probably 8-10 points.

2nd is still there for the taking but we need to start consistently beating teams in the bottom half.

PatHead
14-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Just out of interest next 5 for

QoS

Alloa H
Hearts H
Dumbarton A
Falkirk H
The Rangers A

and Falkirk

Raith A
Livingston H
The Rangers H
QoS A
Alloa A

(and Hearts H after that)

It means all 3 other contenders for the play offs will drop points over next couple of months. We just have to focus on winning ours and creating a gap.

Diclonius
14-02-2015, 10:37 AM
IMO will come down to the last few games before the POs.

Huns last match is against the Yams, who will have zero to play for ! In fact the Huns will play the Yams twice after the Yams have already won the league.

Hearts will have something to play for in that it will be in
their interests for us to be promoted with them.

14-02-2015, 10:43 AM
If we can just stop loosing silly points at home we will be laughing.

Jim44
14-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Over on FF, they are saying that the matter is out of their hands. The majority feel that they should stay in the Championship for one more year as they couldn't cope with struggling in the Premiership and all that that might entail. However a few are of the opinion that they won't be allowed to remain in the Championship as, in the event of them not getting promotion, there will be reconstruction to 16 teams.

Stranraer
14-02-2015, 11:47 AM
us

Dumbarton - Home
Alloa - Away
Livingston-Home
Cowdenbeath-Away
Sevco-Home

Rankgers

Raith-Away
Falkirk-Away
Cowdenbeath-Away
Livingston-Home
Hibs-Away

It wouldn't surprise me if we dropped points away to Alloa but apart from that we have 4 winnable games there.

Hibby Bairn
14-02-2015, 11:48 AM
For the first time this season Rangers will be looking to teams below them and watching their results with interest. A big 5 weeks for all the play off contenders not least Rangers.

If we can win 5 out of 5 then I reckon we will be sitting very well.

portycabbage
15-02-2015, 01:59 AM
Just out of interest next 5 for

QoS

Alloa H
Hearts H
Dumbarton A
Falkirk H
The Rangers A

and Falkirk

Raith A
Livingston H
The Rangers H
QoS A
Alloa A

(and Hearts H after that)

It means all 3 other contenders for the play offs will drop points over next couple of months. We just have to focus on winning ours and creating a gap.

The Falkirk/QOS game is in the cup, they've played 3 times in the league so far.:wink::nerd:

As far as us and sevco over the rest of the season - we've only one match against Hearts/Falkirk/QOS/Raith, while they have two matches against each of them to play. Also, they need to arrange 3 more midweek games soon, or they might be playing twice a week for the month before the play-offs.

Michael
15-02-2015, 07:48 AM
Hearts will have something to play for in that it will be in
their interests for us to be promoted with them.

I doubt their players will care much about who (if anyone) goes up with them.

Ronniekirk
15-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Their games against Hearts and Cowdenbeath have been arranged for 7th March and 5th April (due to their original opponents being involved in Scottish and Challenge Cup ties:tee hee:)

They will still have 3 games to arrange - against Livi and Alloa away, and Queen of the South at home (Alloa and Queens being the games originally scheduled for the aforementioned cup weekends).

They seem to have been slow to get fixtures rearranged compared to other teams - I think all the other postponed games in the league have been.

I have mentioned the fact they seem to be slow to have dates rearranged.The cynic in me says they are being given every chance to get the Newcastle guys fitb, possibly change Manager if King out manoeuvres the board at the AGM , and play Hearts at points when they won't be so bothered about beating the Huns as so far ahead .
But bottom line is we were always going to have to beat them over two legs in a play off at some point

Ronniekirk
15-02-2015, 09:59 AM
For the first time this season Rangers will be looking to teams below them and watching their results with interest. A big 5 weeks for all the play off contenders not least Rangers.

If we can win 5 out of 5 then I reckon we will be sitting very well.

out of interest ,Havev we won five out of five at any point this season ,have no idea if we have or mot

Sir David Gray
15-02-2015, 12:32 PM
out of interest ,Havev we won five out of five at any point this season ,have no idea if we have or mot

No.

Our longest winning streak this season was three games back in December.

BT58
15-02-2015, 03:53 PM
The Rangers must be getting worried now,
Us, QoS , Falkirk and Raith Rovers are going to take more points off them,
throw in the yams who have to play them twice,
we just have to stop dropping points at ER, then we can create a gap and see how they handle the pressure.
QoS are the danger for 2nd place, not the The Rangers

Hermit Crab
15-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't think they will lose any of those games. They played a lot better against us on Friday and we are better than the other teams in that league. I think they will win their next few games. No cup to interrupt them either.

Sir David Gray
15-02-2015, 04:11 PM
I don't think they will lose any of those games. They played a lot better against us on Friday and we are better than the other teams in that league. I think they will win their next few games. No cup to interrupt them either.

I wouldn't be too sure.

They're now struggling to score goals, scoring just three times in their last five away matches.

They've also only won five out of their last thirteen matches in all competitions.

Added to that, they're also a complete basket case off the pitch and their fans are holding protests at almost every match.

I wouldn't bet on Sevco to beat any of the teams in the top half of the Championship right now.

Hermit Crab
15-02-2015, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't be too sure.

They're now struggling to score goals, scoring just three times in their last five away matches.

They've also only won five out of their last thirteen matches in all competitions.

Added to that, they're also a complete basket case off the pitch and their fans are holding protests at almost every match.

I wouldn't bet on Sevco to beat any of the teams in the top half of the Championship right now.

I get your point but I do think they will be in the play offs come the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
15-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I get your point but I do think they will be in the play offs come the end of the season.

So do I, they're probably still favourites to finish second.

But back-to-back away games against Raith Rovers and Falkirk won't be games that they're looking forward to.

And I bet they can't wait until they visit Easter Road next month - I know I certainly can't. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
15-02-2015, 04:55 PM
So do I, they're probably still favourites to finish second.

But back-to-back away games against Raith Rovers and Falkirk won't be games that they're looking forward to.

And I bet they can't wait until they visit Easter Road next month - I know I certainly can't. :greengrin

Thing is we've got the harsh reality of maybe winning all four league matches against them but then lose to them in a play off situation. It's the hibs way unfortunately.

oneone73
15-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Thing is we've got the harsh reality of maybe winning all four league matches against them but then lose to them in a play off situation. It's the hibs way unfortunately.

No it's not. We have never failed to be promoted. We are going up.

Bishop Hibee
15-02-2015, 05:27 PM

If we beat them again we'll hopefully finish above them and they may lose to QoS, Falkirk or Raith Rovers in the play-offs. Always look on the bright side of life :greengrin

Ronniekirk
15-02-2015, 06:58 PM

I know what your getting at ,but Geeze :confused: lets just enjoy our dominance over them just now ,we don't beat them three times in a season very often so am just going to soak that up for a few weeks yet

portycabbage
15-02-2015, 07:04 PM
If we beat them again we'll hopefully finish above them and they may lose to QoS, Falkirk or Raith Rovers in the play-offs. Always look on the bright side of life :greengrin

I think there's a reasonable chance that sevco will finish 5th, based on the fact that they've had 16 points from their last 10 league games (we've had 21; QOS 17; Falkirk 19), and on the fact they're crap and in turmoil.

Turkish Green
15-02-2015, 07:53 PM
I do not fear Sevco, whether they finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th is irrelevant. My worry is coming up against QOTS in the play-offs. I can see them beating us over 2 legs, which is why finishing 2nd has a big advantage.

Michael
15-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Honestly...I think that only the 2nd placed team has a reasonable chance of promotion. If we finish 3rd/4th then we'd have to play 6 matches to go up.

We 100% have the quality to finish second, but we need to stop drawing matches.