PDA

View Full Version : Take a bow Stubbs

stoneyburn hibs
13-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Smash and grab the first half. Soaked it up the second half. Take a bow Stubbs.

Jim44
13-02-2015, 08:58 PM
I'd like him to explain our continual really bad starts to second halves. It can't be coincidental.

rosco-hibee
13-02-2015, 09:08 PM
^ agreed. I'd also like him to explain himself for beating ranger at ipox on a Friday night. Stubbs out, Butcher in.

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd like him to explain our continual really bad starts to second halves. It can't be coincidental.I'd like him to keep winning games. I know which is more likely.

Jim44
13-02-2015, 09:14 PM
^ agreed. I'd also like him to explain himself for beating ranger at ipox on a Friday night. Stubbs out, Butcher in.

I'd like him to keep winning games. I know which is more likely.

I'm not having a go at him. I really would like to hear his take on an obviously weak part of our game.

hibsmum
13-02-2015, 09:18 PM
I'd like him to keep doing whatever it is he's doing :flag:

Aldo
13-02-2015, 09:28 PM
BT reporter - Well Alan you must be pleased at being 2nd in the league?

Alan Stubbs - tbh I'm happier with the 3 points and winning here!!

Not word for word but the jist of it.

Priceless

hibsbollah
13-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Even when we were winning, Stubbs was taking an almighty slagging on the match thread.

Hes engineered a 2-0 away win against a team who can afford players we can only dream of. He must know a little bit about football.:na na::na na:

OsloHibs
13-02-2015, 09:36 PM
I'd like him to keep doing whatever it is he's doing

:agree:

Jonnyboy
13-02-2015, 09:38 PM
What a great pity that Butchers legacy meant a tough start for Stubbs. Had he had this team from the off it would be a two horse race

The_Exile
13-02-2015, 09:41 PM
The Hibs job was looked at as a poisoned chalice, he'll have been well aware of what's gone down here the past decade. The fact he's saw that, and taken the job with confidence speaks volumes of the man. We are very lucky here folks, it won't be all plain sailing but I'm buzzing for the next few years.

Baader
13-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Doing a fantastic job. Not many managers can have inherited a team - a whole club in fact - in such a mess as a rookie manager. Stubbs is a class act and no doubt in my mind will go on to be a top, top manager. :gwa:

Liberal Hibby
13-02-2015, 10:09 PM
What a great pity that Butchers legacy meant a tough start for Stubbs. Had he had this team from the off it would be a two horse race

Nope - it would have been a one horse race.

jacomo
13-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Doing a fantastic job. Not many managers can have inherited a team - a whole club in fact - in such a mess as a rookie manager. Stubbs is a class act and no doubt in my mind will go on to be a top, top manager. :gwa:

He's had proper backing from the club, which helps. But he's done a very fine job. Hibs now look and act like a professional outfit.

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2015, 10:14 PM
I'd like him to explain our continual really bad starts to second halves. It can't be coincidental.

Like when we came out and scored in 46th min v Raith 2 weeks ago. ...or last week scoring 2 in first 20 2nd half mins v Arbroath? ? Those bad starts??

SkintHibby
13-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Stubbs puts every ounce of his football knowledge into beating Rangers. Wonder why.:thumbsup:

Jim44
13-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Like when we came out and scored in 46th min v Raith 2 weeks ago. ...or last week scoring 2 in first 20 2nd half mins v Arbroath? ? Those bad starts??

Right, exceptions to the rule and all that, but don't pretend I've made something up here. Maybe we've got over it a bit , but it was there again tonight. We weren't great in the first half but I think we held our own eventually. In the first twenty minutes of the second half we were AWOL.

AlbertK86
13-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Stubbsy Stubbsy Stubbsy

That's all folks

mca
13-02-2015, 10:22 PM
He's had proper backing from the club, which helps. But he's done a very fine job. Hibs now look and act like a professional outfit.

Maybe we can Thank RP for Waking up and Fixing his Failures and appointing LD - Who Hired AS.. :wink:

OsloHibs
14-02-2015, 09:02 PM
I love he doesn't celebrate a win like "certain" managers... Yesterday was just 3 points and onto the next game.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Lulling the fans into a false sense of security. Like when southern declared the yam self sufficient or butcher arrived as the messiah.

Stubbs is on course to be the best hibs manager for a very long time if he stays

Bostonhibby
14-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Even when we were winning, Stubbs was taking an almighty slagging on the match thread.

Hes engineered a 2-0 away win against a team who can afford players we can only dream of. He must know a little bit about football.:na na::na na:
CAN'T afford and has borrowed it's injury list, otherwise agree every word

Northernhibee
14-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Few cretins on RangersMedia mocking the fact that Stubbs had a testicle removed in his cancer battle.

Hope that we beat Sevco time and time again under Stubbs as he's shown himself to be a true class act, well above anyone at their despicable club.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Few cretins on RangersMedia mocking the fact that Stubbs had a testicle removed in his cancer battle.

Hope that we beat Sevco time and time again under Stubbs as he's shown himself to be a true class act, well above anyone at their despicable club.
Got one more ball than these beasts then. Where were all the ones that "don't do walking away"last night and against raith?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Our poor start in the second halves of games are probably the opposition players getting a rollicking at half time because we've had about 80% of possession so they come out snarling.

Either way, that's the least of my worries this weekend.

I get what folk say about Stubbs being a different class and how he'll go on to be a top manager but we said the same about Mowbray. I hope Stubbs stays here for a good 4/5 years and develops himself as well as the club.

Northernhibee
14-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Our poor start in the second halves of games are probably the opposition players getting a rollicking at half time because we've had about 80% of possession so they come out snarling.

Either way, that's the least of my worries this weekend.

I get what folk say about Stubbs being a different class and how he'll go on to be a top manager but we said the same about Mowbray. I hope Stubbs stays here for a good 4/5 years and develops himself as well as the club.

Real credit has to go to Dempster for such a good appointment - I think none of us would have expected Stubbsy to be our new manager but the more you look at it in hindsight the most sense the decision made.

cam75
14-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Perhaps the other manger has given his team a dressing down,they come out to prove a point!Hope Alan and his back room stay for the journey it's looking good:)
GGTTH

oneone73
14-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Real credit has to go to Dempster for such a good appointment - I think none of us would have expected Stubbsy to be our new manager but the more you look at it in hindsight the most sense the decision made.

Pedant alert. He isn't manager, he's head coach. Which should make him easier to replace when the time comes - which hopefully won't be for at least five years!

matty_f
14-02-2015, 09:43 PM
I think it's not just Stubbs that deserves credit, but the whole backroom team. The difference in the club is night and day from the last few years, and hopefully the people involved stick around long enough to enjoy the fruits of their work.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-02-2015, 10:00 PM
An appointment like Stubbs, much the same as Mowbray immediately made me think he must have blown them away at the interview. I just had a feeling he would be good, much the same as I did with Mogga. Mowbray's friendly against Leeds confirmed that as did our pre-season friendly against Dundee United. Possession football and fresh style.

FranckSuzy
14-02-2015, 10:07 PM
My only hope is when (if :pray:) AS & co. move on, the policies/procedures/plans etc are set in stone so we don't have to go through so much turmoil every time a manager leaves.

Tinribs
14-02-2015, 10:13 PM
I think it's not just Stubbs that deserves credit, but the whole backroom team. The difference in the club is night and day from the last few years, and hopefully the people involved stick around long enough to enjoy the fruits of their work.

Agree with all that, it would be nice if a winning manager of ours could hang about for a few years rather than taking the quick Celtic/Currant Bun Dollar.

On an aside, i hadn't noticed your Blog before, which i found very well written and quite insightful....other than your dreadful taste in music (*cough* Coldplay) :greengrin

whiskyhibby
14-02-2015, 10:14 PM
An appointment like Stubbs, much the same as Mowbray immediately made me think he must have blown them away at the interview. I just had a feeling he would be good, much the same as I did with Mogga. Mowbray's friendly against Leeds confirmed that as did our pre-season friendly against Dundee United. Possession football and fresh style.

It wasn't the interview LD had did her homework and he was picked for the job

hfc rd
14-02-2015, 10:15 PM
My only hope is when (if :pray:) AS & co. move on, the policies/procedures/plans etc are set in stone so we don't have to go through so much turmoil every time a manager leaves.

This. Stubbs has been our best manager since Mowbray and their is no doubt that he is bound to go onto bigger things in the future. But like you mentioned, we simply can't keep going through a managerial merry-go round everytime a good Hibs manager moves on. We need to ensure we get the appointments right!

FranckSuzy
14-02-2015, 10:18 PM
It wasn't the interview LD had did her homework and he was picked for the job

He did have an interview and it was 10pm by the time AS got there as he was honouring a prior commitment. GC said at the AGM that a couple of hours later, after AS left, he and LD looked at each other and said "we've found him" or words to that effect :greengrin Obviously they'd done their homework though :aok:

Brightside
14-02-2015, 10:24 PM
yep - all about the structure. we have it..need to keep improving on it. Stubbs won't be here for more than another year i'd think. we must keep dempster and make sure she has replacements ready. Stubbs will be EPL in two years.

matty_f
14-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Agree with all that, it would be nice if a winning manager of ours could hang about for a few years rather than taking the quick Celtic/Currant Bun Dollar.

On an aside, i hadn't noticed your Blog before, which i found very well written and quite insightful....other than your dreadful taste in music (*cough* Coldplay) :greengrin

:greengrin: cheers!

cam75
14-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Was he not warned off the job by a epl manager ?

truehibernian
14-02-2015, 10:54 PM
This. Stubbs has been our best manager since Mowbray and their is no doubt that he is bound to go onto bigger things in the future. But like you mentioned, we simply can't keep going through a managerial merry-go round everytime a good Hibs manager moves on. We need to ensure we get the appointments right!

If he gets Allan, McGeouch and Fyvie signed on longer contracts, and Gray and Fontaine, then he'll be even better than Mowbray - I'd say he is more like McLeish than Mowbray.......Stubbs recognises that you need experience as well as gallus youth.

And get wee Lewis signed pronto :aok:

There's a couple of players in this league I've seen that I think would be perfect under the Stubbs model - Ryan Conroy (Raith) and Holt (QoS)......sad thing is, I think young Alex and Sam have had their chance and failed to shine and grasp it.......that is what I like about Stubbs though, he gives chances and it's up to the players to really have a go - no player under him can say they were not given a fair crack of the whip.

Can't see Liam Craig here next year........have to say, that pleases me on a football front, nothing against the guy, just doesn't fit the team for me. Stubbs is quietly and 'nicely' ruthless and is building quite a formidable side.

Peevemor
14-02-2015, 11:01 PM
If he gets Allan, McGeouch and Fyvie signed on longer contracts, and Gray and Fontaine, then he'll be even better than Mowbray - I'd say he is more like McLeish than Mowbray.......Stubbs recognises that you need experience as well as gallus youth.

I disagree. McLeish had silly money (by our standards) to chuck at the team - he also signed some players that I doubt he knew much about. Stubbs (together with the scouts and whoever) has to be far more thorough with his selection process, and getting decent players to extend their stay will be about more than just money.

Brightside
14-02-2015, 11:02 PM
I fully expect Sammy and Alex to be main players for us in years to come. They were raving about alex again today. Personally i'll be surprised if Sam Stanton doesn't become a stand out player for us over the next 4 years. Both of them need to build up physically.

truehibernian
14-02-2015, 11:14 PM
I disagree. McLeish had silly money (by our standards) to chuck at the team - he also signed some players that I doubt he knew much about. Stubbs (together with the scouts and whoever) has to be far more thorough with his selection process, and getting decent players to extend their stay will be about more than just money.

It was an era of silly money for all clubs but Alex did his homework on players, got us out the league easily first time of asking, had us in Europe, and had us dominating derbies - Hearts spent more as did others outwith the Old Firm.

What makes me angry is the money we have wasted on Calderwood and Butcher in particular - and Fenlon was a fish out of water.

Here's a thing though.....last year when we made a sub, I can't recall one player who hung on any of Pats words (or Butcher).......did you see Fyvie and Stubbs just before he was put on ? Fyvie listening intently, Stubbs really firm with instructions.......total respect......that has been missing completely at Hibs. Anyone also see Boyd having a go at McDowell.......that was happening at Hibs last year.

Just hope we manage to keep AS as I think he will become hot property.