PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Spartans or Berwick Rangers on SKY - Sunday 8th March, 12.45pm

CallumLaidlaw
13-02-2015, 12:18 PM
According to a Kirkcaldy Journalist, the ICT v Raith game will be the only non-televised quarter final tie.

Wonder what slot we'll get.

I'm happy with that if true as I will be in Skegness for the weekend

hibee_girl
13-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Confirmed our game will be on tv on Sunday 8th March

http://scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1957&newsCategoryID=7&newsID=14298

Hermit Crab
13-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Terrible decision.

CallumLaidlaw
13-02-2015, 01:16 PM
QOS v Falkirk on the Friday night??? Unbelievable!!!

oconnors_strip
13-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Now to find a pub in London to watch it

SunshineOnLeith
13-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Will hurt the gate but probably the right selection, especially if Spartans get through. Either way though, our opposition will deserve a bit of recognition for having reached the quarter finals.

GlesgaeHibby
13-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Terrible decision.

Why?

NYHibby
13-02-2015, 01:19 PM
This is the same weekend as the Davis Cup in Glasgow right?

RSS Bot
13-02-2015, 01:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5200)

Hibernian can confirm our upcoming William Hill Scottish Cup quarter final tie against either Spartans or Berwick Rangers will take place at Easter Road on Sunday 8 March, kick off 12.45pm (live on Sky Sports).

Ticket information for this eagerly awaited fixture will be announced in due course here on hibernianfc.co.uk; it promises to be an unforgettable 90 minutes of Cup football at our home.
In other fixture news, Hibernian’s Development squad face Rangers in the SPFL Development League at the Bet Butler Stadium (Dumbarton) on Monday evening, kick off 6pm.

Plus Hibernian under-20s’ Big Shots Scottish FA Youth Cup tie against Queen’s Park at Easter Road will take place on Sunday 22 February, kick off 1pm.

Admission is via donation and access will be available to the West Stand lower.

Remember to stay connected to all the latest news direct from Hibs, by plugging into the club’s official social media channels:

Hermit Crab
13-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Why?

Sunday early kick off. Affects the attendance and the pay day for the smaller.clubs People will be put off going because it's early and on TV. Should be 3pm on the Saturday.

If its berwick we play they are lucky the first two trains on a Sunday get in just before and just after 12. No much of a day out.

andrew70
13-02-2015, 01:28 PM

Yes this is completely unfair on the Falkirk fans.

Our game would have made more sense as the Friday night game - less travelling involved for supporters

CallumLaidlaw
13-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Sunday early kick off. Affects the attendance and the pay day for the smaller.clubs People will be put off going because it's early and on TV. Should be 3pm on the Saturday.

If its berwick we play they are lucky the first two trains on a Sunday get in just before and just after 12. No much of a day out.

I'm sure Berwick/Spartans will be happy to recieve money for a live tv game as well as half the gates of a 10,000 plus crowd. Make it £15 & £5 (which no matter the opponent is good for a quarter final tie) and we should still see a good crowd.

Bishop Hibee
13-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Fine by me. Afternoon in the boozer post-match watching Utd v Celtc.

Hermit Crab
13-02-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm sure Berwick/Spartans will be happy to recieve money for a live tv game as well as half the gates of a 10,000 plus crowd. Make it £15 & £5 (which no matter the opponent is good for a quarter final tie) and we should still see a good crowd.

Im not convinced we will see more than 10,000 at the game.

CallumLaidlaw
13-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Fine by me. Afternoon in the boozer post-match watching Utd v Celtc.

If the SFA had any sense, they would do the draw before the Celtic game. So it will be 3pm on a Tuesday

Brooster
13-02-2015, 01:39 PM

There will certainly be over 10k plus both clubs will share £170k or so from Sky. Good pay day for both clubs.

dangermouse
13-02-2015, 01:48 PM
There will certainly be over 10k plus both clubs will share £170k or so from Sky. Good pay day for both clubs.

Just slightly shy or the £10M per game they'll be getting down south next season.

oneone73
13-02-2015, 01:50 PM
It's great for me. It's my mum's 85th birthday on Saturday the 7th. I wasn't looking forward to telling my sisters I was missing the birthday tea they've arranged. Thank you Sky!

Carheenlea
13-02-2015, 02:06 PM
I fancied a decent crowd for this, but now I don`t think so. A lot of the folks that might have been tempted to get along to this will just settle for the telly on a Sunday lunchtime. The split of £170,000 will soften the blow of a depleted crowd, but this is is just another kick in the teeth for the regular supporters.

scoopyboy
13-02-2015, 02:13 PM

Ask the Berwick board of directors or the Raith Rovers equivalent who has the better deal.

If it's Berwick they get £85,000 TV money and a split of the gate.

Raith will get a share of a 3000ish gate.

PatHead
13-02-2015, 02:18 PM
This is the same weekend as the Davis Cup in Glasgow right?

Yes

PatHead
13-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Ask the Berwick board of directors or the Raith Rovers equivalent who has the better deal.

If it's Berwick they get £85,000 TV money and a split of the gate.

Raith will get a share of a 3000ish gate.

Was just talking to someone from Raith. They say it will cost them a fortune, "glory of the cup, my arse" was the phrase.

They are looking into getting a train put on. Remember those football specials?

lucky
13-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Delighted its on the Sunday as I have conference on the Saturday

lucky
13-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Hibs should announce now ticket stubs for quarters and semis will be used in the distribution of Cup final tickets if we get there. We need to find away of ensuring fans that attend games get tickets after ST holders

Brummie_Hibs
13-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Now to find a pub in London to watch it
Quinns in Camden/Kentish Town

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?17-London-Hibs-SC

Bobby's Cinema
13-02-2015, 02:48 PM
It doesn't make it any less important, but the magic of the cup at a sunday lunchtime? It's just not the same. Should be used to it by now

Sir David Gray
13-02-2015, 03:11 PM

You seriously couldn't make that up!

Who makes these utterly ridiculous decisions?

scoopyboy
13-02-2015, 03:23 PM
You seriously couldn't make that up!

Who makes these utterly ridiculous decisions?

Who do you think?

oconnors_strip
13-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Quinns in Camden/Kentish Town

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?17-London-Hibs-SC

Thanks. Don't think the boyfriend will be to pleased that I'm spending an afternoon in the pub watching hibs

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Terrible decision. that is terrible, dire in fact. it will definitely curb the attendance. I am puzzled why the d.utd v celtic game is on at the later time., plenty of time for the buckfast to kick in I suppose, and celtic will have voracious backing in a hard game.

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm sure Berwick/Spartans will be happy to recieve money for a live tv game as well as half the gates of a 10,000 plus crowd. Make it £15 & £5 (which no matter the opponent is good for a quarter final tie) and we should still see a good crowd.I think your crowd estimate is rather high. consider the amount from either opponent, the time and Sunday live tv.

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 04:28 PM
without being bitchy, or some sort of uberfan I think the club could encourage people to retain ticket stubs from the quarter final. we have to win it, but first in the queue after ST holders, could make people make an effort if we were to get to hampden.

GlesgaeHibby
13-02-2015, 04:30 PM

Never understood the constant fascination with the need for saturday 3pm kick-offs.

More people are off work on a sunday, 12.45pm isn't that early. If it's Spartans, easy for them, and Berwick is just over an hour away in the car. Hope for a good attendance.

Smartie
13-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Was just talking to someone from Raith. They say it will cost them a fortune, "glory of the cup, my arse" was the phrase.

They are looking into getting a train put on. Remember those football specials?

Swings and roundabouts though. They got a decent payday in the last round with the added bonus of going through. Raith have impressed my with their performances against us and against The Rangers at Ibrox recently and they could pose ICT problems. They seem to do well when nothing is expected of them and if they got to a semi then that really would make for a bumper payday for them.

The money for televised cup games makes an enormous difference to these clubs. I know a Raith director and their televised home cup game against Celtic a year or 2 back had a huge financial kickback to the club.

Nothing compared to the loot on offer in England obviously but very welcome for them nonetheless.

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 04:51 PM
I fancy Raith to get a draw and win the replay, if I am correct it is not until the SF that the match is decided on the day?

Billy Whizz
13-02-2015, 04:52 PM
I fancy Raith to get a draw and win the replay, if I am correct it is not until the SF that the match is decided on the day?

There are replays in the 1/4 final's
When are Caley playing Raith? Saturday 3pm?

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 04:54 PM
It's great for me. It's my mum's 85th birthday on Saturday the 7th. I wasn't looking forward to telling my sisters I was missing the birthday tea they've arranged. Thank you Sky! stop being selfish, consider others:greengrin

Hibs90
13-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Happy with that, first day of my holiday off work so can now go :na na:

Alfred E Newman
13-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes this is completely unfair on the Falkirk fans.

Our game would have made more sense as the Friday night game - less travelling involved for supporters

It maybe would but do you actually believe they take the supporters into concideration when making these decisions?

Pretty Boy
13-02-2015, 05:20 PM

Spartans are expecting to sell over 2000 tickets should they get through.

I'd be surprised if Hibs can't muster 7000ish for a winnable quarter final.

Tbh this was always going to be a TV game. If Spartans make it it's a historic ocassion and the TV guys will want their piece of the action. Unlike the TV deal in the league the cup actually sees the teams involved make money when they are on so the £85K each will more than cover the shortfall in numbers caused by those who would rather watch on TV.

It's not great but it's not going to change anytime soon so the constant foot stamping tantrums every time we are on TV just seems pointless to me.

sambajustice
13-02-2015, 06:02 PM
How many fans would it take to get £170k?

Work that out and then ask yourself if its realistic a saturday 3pm would generate all these extra fans over a sunday kick off.

Then decide if a smaller crowd with tv money is more beneficial than a "larger" crowd and no tv dosh. Without doing any calculations I reckon both clubs will be happy with the decision.

OsloHibs
13-02-2015, 07:21 PM
I work Sundays :grr::fuming::furious:

Kavinho
13-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Personally, I reckon the lure of seeing a likely hibs win and a Hampden trip to follow will see a decent turnout.

10Ks not unrealistic for me.

There's still a good few latent fair weather fans out there waiting to return. ..

Sir David Gray
13-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Who do you think?

I know it's the SFA but whoever it is at the SFA who agrees to these kick off times should be ashamed of themselves.

To expect Falkirk fans to get down to Dumfries for a 7:45pm kick off on a Friday night is just ridiculous.

They'll need to leave at around 5pm in order to make it which will mean a lot of people missing out on going to a Scottish Cup quarter final tie.

jon paul jones
14-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I never understand folk when it comes to the SC. I go to every cup game wherever and make sure I get a physical ticket. It's obvious we will win it one day and I'll have a nice collection of tickets to put in a frame with my photo of a great day out at Hampden and night back in Leith.

Simples........just like my master plan back in 2007

Go to live football........the team can't hear you from the couch!!!!!

Phil D. Rolls
14-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Spartans v Berwick attracted 2500. This game will be the equivalent of making the final for whoever gets through. We can expect a big visiting support.

scoopyboy
14-02-2015, 03:21 PM
I know it's the SFA but whoever it is at the SFA who agrees to these kick off times should be ashamed of themselves.

To expect Falkirk fans to get down to Dumfries for a 7:45pm kick off on a Friday night is just ridiculous.

They'll need to leave at around 5pm in order to make it which will mean a lot of people missing out on going to a Scottish Cup quarter final tie.

If I was a Falkirk fan I would be delighted to be in the quarter finals and then be even more so to be drawn against a team outwith the top flight.

It is just under 90 miles to travel and can be done comfortably in two hours, so no real excuses on that one.

Another point is if a quarter final match is drawn it is replayed on a midweek night, can't recall Hibs fans bleating when we had to go to Aberdeen or Ross County midweek and we had to leave a lot bloody earlier than 5pm!!!

Nakedmanoncrack
14-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Normally not keen on Sun early KOs but going to Yorkshire on the Sat so Sun fixture works perfectly for me this time.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 04:43 PM
If I was a Falkirk fan I would be delighted to be in the quarter finals and then be even more so to be drawn against a team outwith the top flight.

It is just under 90 miles to travel and can be done comfortably in two hours, so no real excuses on that one.

Another point is if a quarter final match is drawn it is replayed on a midweek night, can't recall Hibs fans bleating when we had to go to Aberdeen or Ross County midweek and we had to leave a lot bloody earlier than 5pm!!!

Fair enough, I think it's a disgrace.

PatHead
14-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Notice Berwick beat Arbroath 3-1 today.

Maybe not the shoe in we thought?

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Personally, I reckon the lure of seeing a likely hibs win and a Hampden trip to follow will see a decent turnout.

10Ks not unrealistic for me.

There's still a good few latent fair weather fans out there waiting to return. ..

We haven't managed that in the last few home games so the win against Rangers needs to be rewarded with some more fans turning up for next home game and hopefully just get over 10 000 for that ,or it begs the question what do we need to do to get stay away fans back .

Pete
14-02-2015, 05:06 PM

It's a shoe-in.

scoopyboy
14-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Fair enough, I think it's a disgrace.

It's the old argument Trig, TV money against tradition.

TV money dictates ko times and dates will be moved, tradition means all Saturdays at 3pm but no TV money.

I would think Falkirk and QOTS will be more than happy with the TV money.

Ronniekirk
14-02-2015, 05:07 PM
without being bitchy, or some sort of uberfan I think the club could encourage people to retain ticket stubs from the quarter final. we have to win it, but first in the queue after ST holders, could make people make an effort if we were to get to hampden.

Think that's a good shout and an incentive for fans to turn up when game on TV ,kickoff time and date changed .

Phil D. Rolls
14-02-2015, 05:15 PM
It's a shoe-in.

:agree:

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 05:19 PM
It's the old argument Trig, TV money against tradition.

TV money dictates ko times and dates will be moved, tradition means all Saturdays at 3pm but no TV money.

I would think Falkirk and QOTS will be more than happy with the TV money.

I've no doubt that the clubs will be happy with the money but I can't see the Falkirk fans being too enamoured.

Kojock
14-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Spartans v Berwick attracted 2500. This game will be the equivalent of making the final for whoever gets through. We can expect a big visiting support.

If its Spartans the crowd will be boosted by a few Jamboids in the away end.

Sir David Gray
14-02-2015, 05:24 PM
If its Spartans the crowd will be boosted by a few Jamboids in the away end.

Their money would be much appreciated.

scoopyboy
I've no doubt that the clubs will be happy with the money but I can't see the Falkirk fans being too enamoured.

I still think Falkirk will take a good support down for the game, maybe Falkirk could put on some buses off the TV money to help them.

DC_Hibs

Haha, only in Scotland would that distance be considered an issue!

What a sacrifice....5pm for those travelling the 500 miles trip from Central Scotland to Dumfries in a Robin Reliant.

Kojock
14-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Cant sde what the problem is, the bairns get a half day on a friday.

14-02-2015, 05:40 PM
When do Berwick and Spartans play each other in the reply ?

Pretty Boy
14-02-2015, 05:41 PM
When do Berwick and Spartans play each other in the reply ?

Tuesday night.

monktonharp
14-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Tuesday night.can it go to another replay?

PatHead
14-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Sure extra time then penalties

silverhibee
14-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Berwick will surely win this one, have been on a good run and can score goals.

DavieRoy
15-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Never understood the constant fascination with the need for saturday 3pm kick-offs.

More people are off work on a sunday, 12.45pm isn't that early. If it's Spartans, easy for them, and Berwick is just over an hour away in the car. Hope for a good attendance.

True. 3 out of the 4 quarter-finals were always going to be on the TV. That has been the case since 2011.

I love when Hibernian are on TV, we get to show of our club to the rest of Britain.

Let's not mix up the SFA and SPFL TV deals. The SFA have very good deals with Sky, BBC and UEFA, worth a lot of money. Deals that have always gone up in price every time they get negotiated.

The SPFL have a deal that is worth what someone is willing to pay. Interesting this week that Sky and BT are getting pelters over their Englis deals and how Scotland should get this and that. Nobody else puts more money into Scottish football than Sky, followed by BT.

In 2008, Sky offered £100 million + but 9 of the 12 clubs went with Setanta. Only Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers wanted Sky.

The SFA have a better product to sell and have loyal partners in Sky and BBC. The SPFL moan about the deal they have but Sky and ESPN in 2009 were the only ones willing to come in when Setanta folded.

If I was a company, I would try and get rights for as good a deal as possible. 4 companies wanted the English rights, hence a bidding war.

Springbank
15-02-2015, 01:53 AM
I never understand folk when it comes to the SC. I go to every cup game wherever and make sure I get a physical ticket. It's obvious we will win it one day and I'll have a nice collection of tickets to put in a frame with my photo of a great day out at Hampden and night back in Leith.

Simples........just like my master plan back in 2007

Go to live football........the team can't hear you from the couch!!!!!

I totally agree... well said

Took the wee man to Alloa for his first cup game (right behind Oxley's goal for his howler in the first half) then Arbroath for his second, and it's ticket stubs being saved all the way.
This could be the year (some time will be) and when the time comes we've a nice wee space on the wall for a frame and some memorabilia because THAT'S WHAT SPORT'S ABOUT!!!

Boston Red Sox and their 86 year drought is still talked about in the States, yet here we are with something much bigger and it'll go soon (maybe even this May).
We're in that faction that considers every cup tie unmissable.
:flag::gwa:

JimBHibees
15-02-2015, 08:12 AM

Certainly not a shoe in as the Arbroath game last week showed.

Phil D. Rolls
15-02-2015, 09:06 AM
True. 3 out of the 4 quarter-finals were always going to be on the TV. That has been the case since 2011.

I love when Hibernian are on TV, we get to show of our club to the rest of Britain.

Let's not mix up the SFA and SPFL TV deals. The SFA have very good deals with Sky, BBC and UEFA, worth a lot of money. Deals that have always gone up in price every time they get negotiated.

The SPFL have a deal that is worth what someone is willing to pay. Interesting this week that Sky and BT are getting pelters over their Englis deals and how Scotland should get this and that. Nobody else puts more money into Scottish football than Sky, followed by BT.

In 2008, Sky offered £100 million + but 9 of the 12 clubs went with Setanta. Only Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers wanted Sky.

The SFA have a better product to sell and have loyal partners in Sky and BBC. The SPFL moan about the deal they have but Sky and ESPN in 2009 were the only ones willing to come in when Setanta folded.

If I was a company, I would try and get rights for as good a deal as possible. 4 companies wanted the English rights, hence a bidding war.

Thank you Mr. Murdoch. :greengrin

Certainly not a shoe in as the Arbroath game last week showed.

Believe me, it is. :agree: