PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SHARE ISSUE - MORE QUESTIONS ANSWERED

RSS Bot
13-02-2015, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5198)

Q: I am a regular supporter but I am not on the database to qualify for shares – is there any way I can get on the database and qualify to take part in the share issue?

A: The only way to get on the database is to buy a season ticket or other match ticket. Once on the database a supporter can approach the Club to see if they meet the criteria to receive a supporter letter. Further supporter letters can be issued to eligible supporters.

Q I am a lifelong supporter, and I am on the database, but I live abroad. Can I take part in the share issue?

A: No. The Share Issue is restricted to UK residents. Being an existing shareholder does not remove this requirement. This is a restriction of many share issues undertaken by UK companies to comply with legislation in the UK and, importantly, not to infringe any regulations in other countries regarding the promotion and sale of shares

Q I am an existing shareholder. If I buy shares, can I transfer them to someone else – and if so are there any rules around the numbers I can transfer? Will the person I transfer shares to get a certificate and full shareholder rights? And is there any restriction on who I can transfer to?

A Shareholders must buy shares in their own name and comply with the terms and condition of the Share Issue which includes a commitment to hold the new shares for at least six months. After that, any shareholder can, subject to the provisions in the Club’s Articles of Association, transfer shares to family members or third parties. Each person to whom shares are transferred will receive a Share Certificate from the Club confirming the number of shares they hold.

There is no minimum number or other restrictions on the number of shares which can be transferred. Also, there is no age limit so that shares can be transferred to children or grandchildren who are under 18 years of age. Shares can also be transferred to individuals who are resident abroad.

Transfers are subject to the provisions of the Articles of Association and anyone seeking to transfer shares after the six month hold period should contact the Share Manager through the Ticket Office at that time for guidance on the procedure to follow.

Q I am a member of a supporters group. Can we buy and hold shares as a branch or club?

A Shares need to be held in the name and address of an individual. The Application Form and Share Certificate can say, for example, John Smith, Secretary of the XYZ Hibernian Supporters Club. When that person is no longer an office bearer at the supporter club the share certificate can be transferred into the name of the new office bearer

Q Can I, as an existing shareholder, buy shares through my company?

A Existing shareholders – as an individual or as a company – can only purchase new shares in the existing name on the share register. Shares can be transferred after six months, subject to the provisions of the Club’s Articles of Association (see above).

Big_Franck
13-02-2015, 12:17 PM
I had a query that was quickly resolved yesterday by HSL. I wanted to set up a direct debit to Hibernian Supporters Limited but wanted to make sure that the direct debit came out on the 1st day of every month.

I emailed info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and they couldn't have been more helpful.

What you have to do is just sign up as normal via www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html) and then email info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk stating which day you want the direct debit to come out on. They then have to cancel your direct debit and set it up again as per your request. It means you get a few different emails from Gocardless but it was all sorted in a couple of hours.

Thanks to Jim and the others at HSL for being so helpful :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2015, 01:59 PM
That's a shame about overseas supporters, I'm sure a lot would see it as a way to connect with and support the club financially from a distance.

Would it be possible for a UK based Hibby to buy the shares and then transfer them to the exiled Hibby in 6 months time?

Jack
13-02-2015, 03:48 PM
That's a shame about overseas supporters, I'm sure a lot would see it as a way to connect with and support the club financially from a distance.

Would it be possible for a UK based Hibby to buy the shares and then transfer them to the exiled Hibby in 6 months time?

Shares can also be transferred to individuals who are resident abroad.

California-Hibs
13-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Not the end of the world though as theres HSL that can be paid into, which is what I'm planning on doing