PDA

View Full Version : Pubs in Stirling.

Mikeystewart
13-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Anyone know of any friendly pubs in Stirling showing the Rangers v Hibs game tonight? Preferably in the center of town and with as few blue noses as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green day
13-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Anyone know of any friendly pubs in Stirling showing the Rangers v Hibs game tonight? Preferably in the center of town and with as few blue noses as possible.

It will be on in plently pubs, but as to a hibs 'friendly' one - I think you might struggle, my mother in law lives in Bridge of Allan, so I am in the area a lot - Stirling is the most Bluenose area I have been in my life !

Sorry

Gordy M
13-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might struggle to find somewhere not full of the rangers fans! City walls definitely shows football but i would check, is it bt sports? Its a belhaven family type pub so there will be no bother or big groups of fans of either persuasion.

The other pub is morrisons at the opposite end on the centre of town, it can be a bit more 'volatile' and will def have gers fans in it! They will def have the game in though.

Spike Mandela
13-02-2015, 09:02 AM
http://sport.bt.com/pubfinder-01363814402021?s_cid=con_FURL_btsport_sportfinder

The more you drill down on the map the more pubs it reveals. In terms of Huns I know to avoid the anchor in Bannockburn but as for city centre it's certainly not that bad, not as bad as Alloa anyway.:greengrin

Hibs History
13-02-2015, 09:22 AM
I went to uni in stirling so I know your issue

Avoid The Fallin' - massive hun pub / orange lodge

You should be ok in the O'Neils - Irish bar just down the hill and around the corner from Fubar (then out for 2-4-1 vk apples to celebrate :wink:)

hibs4thecup1988
13-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Weird. I was away to ask the same thing. I got told sportsters an American type place?

Was told its Celtic end? Taking my girlfriend so somewhere with zero hassle and a bite to eat would be good

Gordy M
13-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Weird. I was away to ask the same thing. I got told sportsters an American type place?

Was told its Celtic end? Taking my girlfriend so somewhere with zero hassle and a bite to eat would be good
Sportsters has been shut in stirling for about a year mate. As i said city walls will be no hassle, right in the town centre, serves food.

Smartie
13-02-2015, 10:29 AM
It will be on in plently pubs, but as to a hibs 'friendly' one - I think you might struggle, my mother in law lives in Bridge of Allan, so I am in the area a lot - Stirling is the most Bluenose area I have been in my life !

Sorry

Sorry to go off-topic but is Stirling really that much of a bluenose area? I was a bit surprised to hear that (I don't know Stirling well at all).

I'd always have said that outside Glasgow/Ayrshire/Lanarkshire that West Lothian and bits of Fife would be the places to suffer most from that particular affliction.

Spike Mandela
13-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Sorry to go off-topic but is Stirling really that much of a bluenose area? I was a bit surprised to hear that (I don't know Stirling well at all).

I'd always have said that outside Glasgow/Ayrshire/Lanarkshire that West Lothian and bits of Fife would be the places to suffer most from that particular affliction.

Stirling really isn't that bad at all, outlying areas nearby previously mentioned like Fallin, Bannockburn and Alloa all have their 'Rangers friendly'pubs but Stirling city centre is absolutely fine.

ballengeich
13-02-2015, 11:15 AM
I think No 2 Baker Street has BT Sport, though I've not been in it to watch games. It's a smaller, friendly pub with an ever-changing variety of guest beers for those who appreciate that.

Lucius Apuleius
13-02-2015, 11:26 AM
As the guys are saying there should be no problem in any of the pubs. Not many traditional pubs in the town centre but any of the new monstrosities should have it on (except Wetherspoons obviously). Strange thing, in all my years I have never really seen a football related piece of agro in Stirling pubs. Still get nutters up for a Friday or Saturday night pavement dance but that is the same anywhere. I never knew there was such a thing as a Rangers or Celtc pub till I moved to Denny! When I used to go on the Alloa bus many moons ago it stopped at St Ninians to at the Borestone Bar to pick us up. So did the Rangers, Celtc and Hertz bus. Never an ounce of trouble. I would agree that Stirling is definitely more bluenose than Celtc minded though.

dhmf
13-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I would recommend Morrisons purely as it has a decent selection of beers. I'm from Dunblane and when i lived their i found it far more Rangers orientated, as is much of the central belt in my opinion.

hibs4thecup1988
13-02-2015, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=Mikeystewart;4301319]Anyone know of any friendly pubs in Stirling showing the Rangers v Hibs game tonight? Preferably in the center of town and with as few blue noses as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I'm in the city walls and the Huns left at half time. Listening to Tom urie. Big Bob from river city. Perfect night with the Mrs ;-)