PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game

CropleyWasGod
12-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Always wanted to start one of these threads [emoji1]

Anybody any ideas where to any ideas where to watch the game in Buenos Aires?

Could be quite a night, as I as I think I've got a ticket for the Racing-Rosario game later.

[emoji33]

Thecat23
13-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Seems Your to late as someone already stared it 😄

Edit no they haven't I thought it was a match thread!! Blaming it on being late and I'm drugged on painkillers. 😁

SteveHFC
13-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Seems Your to late as someone already stared it 

Edit no they haven't I thought it was a match thread!! Blaming it on being late and I'm drugged on painkillers. 

To be fair i did start the match thread way too early mate. :greengrin

Thecat23
13-02-2015, 12:05 AM
To be fair i did start the match thread way too early mate. :greengrin

Just a tad 😄

SteveHFC
13-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Just a tad 

I only started it to annoy a few posters who also wanted to start it. :greengrin

Thecat23
13-02-2015, 12:06 AM
I only started it to annoy a few posters who also wanted to start it. :greengrin

Haha, your some boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
13-02-2015, 12:12 AM
Haha, your some boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking this as some sort of compliment.

Ronniekirk
13-02-2015, 12:24 AM

Every cloud has a Silver lining :wink:

Loopz
13-02-2015, 12:37 AM

Could be quite a night, as I as I think I've got a ticket for the Racing-Rosario game later.

[emoji33]
That sounds incredible. If you go let us know how it was.

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2015, 12:38 AM
As Mikey might say......any chance of getting the thread back on topic?

😈

JimBHibees
13-02-2015, 08:27 AM

Think you might be struggling, never been to BA but did a quick google search and there is a British style pub called the Gibralter in San telmo, Peru 895 which seems to show footy whether our game is on the radar is another thing.

southsider
13-02-2015, 08:36 AM

[emoji33]
Rosario is where Leo Messi is from. Supports a team called Newalls Old Boys

Loopz
13-02-2015, 09:13 AM

Casa bar advertises big screens for major sporting events.
Rodríguez Pena 1150, 1425 Buenos Aires, Argentina +54 11 4816-2712 (tel:+54 11 4816-2712)http://www.casabarbuenosaires.com/

PatHead
13-02-2015, 11:28 AM
In answer to the OP. Just go up to a soldier and ask him where the Malvinas Bar is in Falkland Island Street, owned by some Jeremy Clarkson guy and don't forget to mention Maradona is a poof and Brazil are far better at football than Argentina will ever be.

That will teach you for showing off you are half way around the world again!

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
13-02-2015, 01:41 PM
In answer to the OP. Just go up to a soldier and ask him where the Malvinas Bar is in Falkland Island Street, owned by some Jeremy Clarkson guy and don't forget to mention Maradona is a poof and Brazil are far better at football than Argentina will ever be.

That will teach you for showing off you are half way around the world again!

:greengrin
I tried that in my Thatcher mask, to no avail.

When I said I wasn't English, and that I was from Edinburgh, I got a kick in the nuts and told I was a charity - robbing cheat.

On reflection, I think I'll follow it on Hibs.net :)

CropleyWasGod
14-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Quite a night. :)

After a beer to celebrate our result, it was a strange feeling going to another game.

The match itself was pretty grim. Racing are the current champions, but the standard of the play was like lower end English championship. Diego Milito was playing for them, but he's probably past his best.

Rosario Central won 1-0 with a beauty. As away fans are banned from all games in Argentina, the reaction to the goal was....um....non existent. I started to applaud the goal, but our guide quickly told me to can it.

The support, though. ...utterly mesmerising. They were the best part of the night. Sang for the whole game, some of them barely saw the game as they were under banners. Even at the end, in defeat, they were still at it.

Most bizarre incident was when Rosario had a corner, right in front of the Racing "hooligans". A couple of riot police stepped right up, and put their shields over the taker whilst he took the corner.

Our guide is an Independiente fan, and they are Racing's rivals...their stadiums are 2 blocks apart. We were under strict instructions not to mention this at all anywhere near the ground, as it could be very dangerous for him.

The last I saw, he was wandering of into the Buenos Aires night, with a smile on his face, looking for beer and tango. :)

Jack Hackett
14-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Quite a night. :)

After a beer to celebrate our result, it was a strange feeling going to another game.

The match itself was pretty grim. Racing are the current champions, but the standard of the play was like lower end English championship. Diego Milito was playing for them, but he's probably past his best.

Rosario Central won 1-0 with a beauty. As away fans are banned from all games in Argentina, the reaction to the goal was....um....non existent. I started to applaud the goal, but our guide quickly told me to can it.

The support, though. ...utterly mesmerising. They were the best part of the night. Sang for the whole game, some of them barely saw the game as they were under banners. Even at the end, in defeat, they were still at it.

Most bizarre incident was when Rosario had a corner, right in front of the Racing "hooligans". A couple of riot police stepped right up, and put their shields over the taker whilst he took the corner.

Our guide is an Independiente fan, and they are Racing's rivals...their stadiums are 2 blocks apart. We were under strict instructions not to mention this at all anywhere near the ground, as it could be very dangerous for him.

The last I saw, he was wandering of into the Buenos Aires night, with a smile on his face, looking for beer and tango. :)

They have an odd taste in mixers in BA :greengrin