PDA

View Full Version : Chick I love der Hun Young

J-C
12-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Did anyone else hear him attempting to justify why Thug McCulloch shouldn't get a ban and said there was very little evidence to prove he actually stamped, the guy is a complete knob end of the highest order and amazes me how he and his mates have still got jobs in the media.

Monktonhall 7
12-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Never heard it but I agree with everything you say. Don't know how he manages to sustain such a high level job in the media with the nonsense he spouts.

jacomo
13-02-2015, 12:10 AM
'Little evidence.' :faf:

Waxy
13-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Words fail me.

monktonharp
13-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Did anyone else hear him attempting to justify why Thug McCulloch shouldn't get a ban and said there was very little evidence to prove he actually stamped, the guy is a complete knob end of the highest order and amazes me how he and his mates have still got jobs in the media.It never amazes me. I am totally unamazed, as to what happens at the BBC, whether it is UK, or just BBC Scotland. naw, not amazed in the slightest.

oldbutdim
13-02-2015, 12:39 AM
How can a man who can barely utter a coherent sentence hold down a job as a radio pundit? Hunbelievable.

He was married to yon blonde singer in Middle of the Road (chirpy chirpy cheep cheep) and later lived with a former Miss Scotland and Tennents lager can girl.

He's maybe not such a little prick after all.

snooky
13-02-2015, 01:34 AM
I'm sure Chic's classic interview with Uncle Walter is still available somewhere on youtube. :cool2:

Hibbyradge
13-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Despite the fact that over half of Scots who follow football support either Celtc or The Rangers, t's a remarkable coincidence that none of the BBC Scotland football reporters have any allegiance to either team.

I can't remember the last one who did.

What's the odds on that?

mjhibby
13-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Not that I'm defending chick but I get his point that on this occasion you couldn't be 100 per cent sure he meant it but as chick also said he was deserving of the ban for previous crimes on the football pitch. He is of course a sycophant to the old firm like the rest of them but he obviously loves St mirren and usually speaks highly of us. Less annoying than the likes of Richard Gordon etc. it's such a poor station and embarrassing that it is Scotland's national radio station.

DarlingtonHibee
13-02-2015, 07:43 AM
If anyone fancies a laugh -quite patheticactually.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Maybe trying to defend Jim Goodwin by default?

The Green Goblin
13-02-2015, 08:50 AM
He might just be saying stupid things and being 'contrary' to get attention. The Katie Hopkins of Scottish punditry.

Colr
13-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Not that I'm defending chick but I get his point that on this occasion you couldn't be 100 per cent sure he meant it but as chick also said he was deserving of the ban for previous crimes on the football pitch. He is of course a sycophant to the old firm like the rest of them but he obviously loves St mirren and usually speaks highly of us. Less annoying than the likes of Richard Gordon etc. it's such a poor station and embarrassing that it is Scotland's national radio station.

I used to work with someone who was at School with him. He is not a St Mirren fan.

lord bunberry
13-02-2015, 09:12 AM
He's there for comedy value I think.

lord bunberry
13-02-2015, 09:15 AM
I'm sure Chic's classic interview with Uncle Walter is still available somewhere on youtube. :cool2:

4<u>
http://youtu.be/dG27qGTMXa4

sh00byd00
13-02-2015, 09:17 AM
He's not the only one in the media. The Scottish media are awash with Rangers and Celtic minded idiots (BBC, the rags and STV). Each pandering to their respective set of fans. It's always baffled me why Celtic fans refer to the Daily Record as The Daily Hun and vice versa, because the OF boot licking is about even. The Daily Record isn't the exception either, it's the norm. Maybe those OF fans should take a step back and take a look at what the rest of us have had to endure from these rags and so-called journalists since the dawn of Scottish Football.

Weststandwanab
13-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Did anyone else hear him attempting to justify why Thug McCulloch shouldn't get a ban and said there was very little evidence to prove he actually stamped, the guy is a complete knob end of the highest order and amazes me how he and his mates have still got jobs in the media.

I listened to it as it was broadcast and you are spot on.

Aldo
13-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Conspiracy theories??? Maybe!
But with cameras at most games and cameras at just about every conceivable angles at live games Chick needs to get his head oot his arse and look at the facts o and the video footage.

That and the fact that he gets away with 'again' leading with his elbow and pretending to header at just about every high ball is beyond me.

Chick is a St Midden fan but since the Souness years has yearned to be a Hun!!

Carheenlea
13-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Why do people get so upset about journalists? I'm no expert on football, but I can make my own judgement on what I've just watched at the game without someone else explaining to me what I've just viewed. There will be differing opinions but I don't tend to worry about that. Sportsound gets a hell of kicking on here - all the journalists are idiots, the pundits are clowns, the commentators are crap and Richard Gordon is an anti Hibs imbecile.

emerald green
13-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Why do people get so upset about journalists? I'm no expert on football, but I can make my own judgement on what I've just watched at the game without someone else explaining to me what I've just viewed. There will be differing opinions but I don't tend to worry about that. Sportsound gets a hell of kicking on here - all the journalists are idiots, the pundits are clowns, the commentators are crap and Richard Gordon is an anti Hibs imbecile.

That's pretty much about right. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-02-2015, 10:00 AM
The ugly sisters are the only thing that sells to the media, viewing figures, 7/8 pages in the press a week before and a week after anything them, dragging ex players on to give their "expert" views, etc..

Personally I just ignore it but have to say that interview with chick the prick is a classic but may have been scripted at the last lodge meeting they were at.

There will never be any escape from it, we will just have to ignore it.

Sylar
13-02-2015, 10:15 AM
I don't see the problem with what he says - he openly agrees that McCulloch should be out tonight and and should have been sent off for a number of offenses and that the 'stamp' was unclear.

I agree with him - perhaps he did intend to land on him (he certainly doesn't try and get his foot away from him) but there's no obvious 'stamping' action on Carrick.

Perhaps that's semantics in disagreeing with how the SFA have phrased it but in the end, justice was done and he's missing out as a result.

Mikey09
13-02-2015, 10:16 AM
I texted in last night to question his defence of McCulloch being a " physical" player saying there is a huge difference between being physical and being sneaky and dirty..... His response was, erm, silence. He didn't or probably couldn't answer it. I get better conversations about football with my 16 year old daughter, seriously.

brog
13-02-2015, 12:12 PM
4<u>
http://youtu.be/dG27qGTMXa4

Absolute classic! Never ever thought I'd be 100% on the side of Walter Smith!

Bad Martini
13-02-2015, 12:27 PM
I fear too many have wasted too much energy trying to understand the man.

He's a bawbag.

ENDOF

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I don't see the problem with what he says - he openly agrees that McCulloch should be out tonight and and should have been sent off for a number of offenses and that the 'stamp' was unclear.

I agree with him - perhaps he did intend to land on him (he certainly doesn't try and get his foot away from him) but there's no obvious 'stamping' action on Carrick.

Perhaps that's semantics in disagreeing with how the SFA have phrased it but in the end, justice was done and he's missing out as a result.

Agree. But folk on here like to moan about journalists for some reason.

J-C
13-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Don't think anyone is moaning, when you turn on a national radio station the least you expect to here is impartiality, Chick was the only person attempting to justify that a thug didn't stamp on an opponent and it was an accident, retrospctive judgement for past crimes shouldn't come into it, he stamped, he got done it's that simple.

Sylar
13-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if Chick Young or the wider media are responsible for misinterpreting what McCulloch's been done for actually. They keep using the word 'stamp', not the SFA.

The Compliance Officer says "In that at the above match you did deliberately stand upon Dale Carrick of Raith Rovers FC and commit an act of violent conduct"

Whoever first introduced the word 'stamp' into the discussion is wrong, as it wasn't a stamp but that he deliberately stood on Carrick I find myself in agreement with.

ekhibee
13-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I don't have a problem with what Chick Young said, but McCulloch has previous, and as Young quite rightly said, justice has been done and he's been banned. On a separate issue, when asked who he thought was going to win the Sevco v Hibs game he quite definitely said Hibs, to the point that he was prepared to put money on it.

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2015, 05:42 PM

I dont think many of them are journalists, they don't actually investigate much they are more like reporters who just report whats happened or what they are told to report.

Any investigative journalism they may do, if its not liked by the bigots gets them banned like the record is now and stops them getting drip fed any titbits in the future.

The succulent lamb theory.

WhileTheChief..
13-02-2015, 05:53 PM
I dont think many of them are journalists, they don't actually investigate much they are more like reporters who just report whats happened or what they are told to report.

Any investigative journalism they may do, if its not liked by the bigots gets them banned like the record is now and stops them getting drip fed any titbits in the future.

The succulent lamb theory.

Fair comment.

I just don't get the seethe about Sportsound or the Record etc. if people hated them so much why listen or read them?

We had someone saying Richard Gordon is anti Hibs. I mean , come on , really??

Is it not nore that we focus on everything they say about our club but don't pay as much attention when they are discussing Motherwell or whoever.

RG has always come across as very balanced on Sportsound as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't get all this about Chick Young and St Mirren. If he says he supports them that's good enough for me. Certainly better than what someone once said 50 years ago at primary school!

It's like folk have to believe he's a Hun in order to keep dishing the abuse!

An awful lot of hate kicking about. The old firm, Hearts, Sky, BT, SFA, press etc etc. it's all one big conspiracy to keep Hibs down!!

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Fair comment.

I just don't get the seethe about Sportsound or the Record etc. if people hated them so much why listen or read them?

Is it not nore that we focus on everything they say about our club but don't pay as much attention when they are discussing Motherwell or whoever.

RG has always come across as very balanced on Sportsound as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't get all this about Chick Young and St Mirren. If he says he supports them that's good enough for me. Certainly better than what someone once said 50 years ago at primary school!

An awful lot of hate kicking about. The old firm, Hearts, Sky, BT, SFA, press etc etc. it's all one big conspiracy to keep Hibs down!!

Sportsound is in my opinion awful, and again i believe there is an anti hibs feel about the show especially from Preston.

Aldo
13-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Sportsound is in my opinion awful, and again i believe there is an anti hibs feel about the show especially from Preston.

Agreed G. I stopped listening to that programme nearly 3 years ago following walloper Preston laughing at the club. I don't just mean with everyone else bout something but actually laughing at us conceding.

I wrote to complain but they didn't give a hoot!

If I was in charge of the club I'd of banned Preston and the likes from ER a long long time ago!

Kato
13-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Fair comment.

You don't get it which is fair enough, just like me not trusting your critical faculties is fair based on the above.

Opinions, eh!