PDA

View Full Version : Rangers (rip) record league defeat

Springbank
12-02-2015, 09:19 PM
We know The Rangers FC record defeat, it was 4-0 at Easter Road in December

Their predecessor Rangers FC 1873-2012 had as their record league defeat 6-0 with Dumbarton thrashing them

A 7-0 win for us would claim both the old and Newco records

Just saying

Cummings
Malonga
McGeough
Allan
Robertson
Fyvie
Fontaine

Jonnyboy
12-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I liked this one ............... :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=82474

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2015, 09:29 PM
I'd take a ****ty 1-0 win with a scrappy own goal right now

Sir David Gray
12-02-2015, 09:32 PM
The new mob's worst ever home league defeat was the 3-1 defeat at the hands of us earlier this season.

I'm sure we can beat that tomorrow.

overdrive
12-02-2015, 09:37 PM
A 7-0 win for us would claim both the old and Newco records

No we wouldn't. Dumbarton's record cannot be beaten as oldco no longer exists to be beaten.

Mr White
12-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Do we currently hold the record scores v sevco both home and away? Pleasing indeed if so :greengrin

Sir David Gray
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Do we currently hold the record scores v sevco both home and away? Pleasing indeed if so :greengrin

Record league defeats, yes. :agree:

DC_Hibs
12-02-2015, 09:54 PM
You've got to laugh!!

Some folk need to have a look at the league table and think back to the hysteria on here after Falkirk away, Raith at home etc.

brog
12-02-2015, 09:55 PM
I liked this one ............... :greengrin

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=82474

John, a great story re that game. A week or so after the game a telegram arrived at a Hibs family home. The lady of the house opened the telegram with shaking hands. It read, "please confirm Hibs 8-1 Rangers"!. IIRC the telegram was sent by an uncle of Frank Dougan.

Mr White
12-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Record league defeats, yes. :agree:

Are we joint with dundee utd or has anyone done better than 1-3 at ibrox in the cup?

Bobby's Cinema
12-02-2015, 09:57 PM
:agree: This seems to be lost on some people

Hibby Bairn
12-02-2015, 10:09 PM
You've got to laugh!!

Some folk need to have a look at the league table and think back to the hysteria on here after Falkirk away, Raith at home etc.

Ach..it's just a bit of banter. And, anyway, why shouldn't we be confident of doing them over. They are imploding as each week goes by.

Diclonius
12-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Haha Rangers don't exist any more. On topic, I'd be happy with a ***** 1-0.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Are we joint with dundee utd or has anyone done better than 1-3 at ibrox in the cup?

Inverness beat them 3-0 at Ibrox in their first season of existence back in October 2012 in the League Cup.

Mr White
12-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Inverness beat them 3-0 at Ibrox in their first season of existence back in October 2012 in the League Cup.

Sounds like a challenge then :cb:

SaulGoodman
12-02-2015, 10:47 PM
I've got a tenner on us to win 1-5

Watch this space.

Deansy
12-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Sorry, but I much prefer we leave the 'getting carried away after a good-run'to them at the PBS !

Liam89
12-02-2015, 11:15 PM
You've got to laugh!!

Typical cowardly hibs fan attitude that creates a timid mindset around the club. Why shouldn't we pump them? We've done it twice this season and we are only getting better whilst they are imploding.

DC_Hibs
12-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Typical cowardly hibs fan attitude that creates a timid mindset around the club. Why shouldn't we pump them? We've done it twice this season and we are only getting better whilst they are imploding.

Cowardly? You're easily influenced (sheep) by internet drivel I've read from some on here about negative posts/mindset affecting the club and players!!!!

I was at both wins against them already this season, will be there tomorrow and will be disappointed if we don't win. I also have money on Hibs to do so but I'm not advertising to all and sundry about "pumping them" or predicting easy wins.

I was also at the Raith and Falkirk games I mentioned AND when we were humbled by Alloa albeit that was much earlier in Stubbs reign and who knows if that Hibs team will turn up tomorrow.

Leave the threads like this to the unbeatable Saviles.

Clear?

Liam89
12-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Cowardly? You're easily influenced (sheep) by internet drivel I've read from some on here about negative posts/mindset affecting the club and players!!!!

I was at both wins against them already this season, will be there tomorrow and will be disappointed if we don't win. I also have money on Hibs to do so but I'm not advertising to all and sundry about "pumping them" or predicting easy wins.

I was also at the Raith and Falkirk games I mentioned AND when we were humbled by Alloa albeit that was much earlier in Stubbs reign and who knows if that Hibs team will turn up tomorrow.

Leave the threads like this to the unbeatable Saviles.

Clear?

You don't believe that the mindset of us as fans affects the clubs performance and mindset? Take a look at the yams, they go into every game supremely confident they'll get a result and it shows on the pitch. A bit of arrogance in and around the club is refreshing and much needed if we are to succeed.

PatHead
12-02-2015, 11:52 PM
You don't believe that the mindset of us as fans affects the clubs performance and mindset? Take a look at the yams, they go into every game supremely confident they'll get a result and it shows on the pitch. A bit of arrogance in and around the club is refreshing and much needed if we are to succeed.
:top marks :gwa:

shetlandhibee
13-02-2015, 12:20 AM
9/4 for a hibs win?? fill your boots lads 6-1 hibs minus 1 goal? wouldna be the silliest bet either,feel more confident going into this game than against say,, falkirk qots, i think if anything( mc geough back)our squads stronger. and they have been getting worse and worse,ill be surprized if weve not scored 2 in the first half::GGTTH

Pete
13-02-2015, 12:30 AM

I'm not really sure it makes that much of a difference.

Smartie
13-02-2015, 12:32 AM

Quiet confidence is fine. We're setting ourselves up for a fall with some of the nonsense that's being spouted here though about inflicting record defeats.

When the old firm were stronger and had a fear factor complacency would often be their worst enemy. A bit of respect for the team we are playing and an understanding that any win is a good result is what we need here. Not arrogance.

southern hibby
13-02-2015, 06:44 AM
I don't think it we should go into this game thinking we will be second best. We should go into the game Expecting to win. We have played them 3 times and played them off the park ( yes they did win the cup game ). However they needed extra time against 10 men to win.
If this was another team we were playing our confidence would be a lot higher. We might not win, we may get beat but I feel under Stubbsy we have a team we can compete with. I believe my team can go to Ipox and show anyone watching Hibs are a team with football Players wanting the ball, that can pass a ball and can play football.

GGTTH

Onion
13-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Find this hard to get my head around. Hibs heading to Ibrox with real expectation of winning against a wounded Hun side. 99/100 it would end in a real doing for Hibs, and both teams, the fans and the media all knew it. That's what makes tonight so fascinating.

superfurryhibby
13-02-2015, 08:19 AM

If only fans had such an influence, we would have had that final v Celtic in the bag as we out sung them for 90 mins. I think using terms like cowardly is pretty uncalled for, just because someone offers another point of view.

Based on form and previous games, we sould be confident. The league table doesn't lie. We're not that good.....yet. Avoiding defeat should be our minimum tatget, any victory would be fantastic.

Liam89
13-02-2015, 10:34 AM
If only fans had such an influence, we would have had that final v Celtic in the bag as we out sung them for 90 mins. I think using terms like cowardly is pretty uncalled for, just because someone offers another point of view.

Based on form and previous games, we sould be confident. The league table doesn't lie. We're not that good.....yet. Avoiding defeat should be our minimum tatget, any victory would be fantastic.

I was at the final. As soon as we went 1-0 down to Celtic the fans went quiet and there was a concerned atmosphere in the crowd we were going to get pumped. We were only loud and better than them when we were 3-0 down...

Diclonius
13-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I was at the final. As soon as we went 1-0 down to Celtic the fans went quiet and there was a concerned atmosphere in the crowd we were going to get pumped. We were only loud and better than them when we were 3-0 down...

I was also at the final and at no point did I fear a pumping. We outsung them the whole game, at least where I was sitting.

The_Exile
13-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Stubbs is changing the players mentality to winners, it's time us as fans started having a bit more faith and started believing we're going to win, we need to change our mentality too. For too long we'd be happy with any win, I want us to absolutely destroy these ****ers tonight and believe we will.

PatHead
13-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Stubbs is changing the players mentality to winners, it's time us as fans started having a bit more faith and started believing we're going to win, we need to change our mentality too. For too long we'd be happy with any win, I want us to absolutely destroy these ****ers tonight and believe we will.

Agree entirely.

At the WT meeting the other night I made a comment about parading the Cup at the end of the season and a couple of folk said to be quiet as I would jinx it. JINX IT! That has really worked for the past 113 years right enough.

As a club and support we have to start believing we will win things and turn up in that expectancy. We have to get rid of that losers mentality. Games can be won in the mind before a ball is kicked. There is a big difference in belief and arrogance. We have to instal that belief.

Bad Martini
13-02-2015, 12:35 PM
IF we score first, we'll pump them.

My money will shortly, via Mr William Hill, be where my mouth is.

I go for anything that means we score one more than they do. ****in right.

"the" rangers are pish. They deserve to be championship fodder and their own mutant fans even admit this now.

They can ram it for years of cheating and biggotry.

If we slap them by 4, 3 or however many I will be delighted. And hiding behind the pretence that it may go wrong is never the way to go. Players read this page, of that there is no doubt.

Any looking in know this:
THEY ARE PISH.
GO SLAP THEM WITH ANOTHER THREE.
GGTTH YA BASS

ENDOF

Gerard
13-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Agree entirely.

At the WT meeting the other night I made a comment about parading the Cup at the end of the season and a couple of folk said to be quiet as I would jinx it. JINX IT! That has really worked for the past 113 years right enough.

As a club and support we have to start believing we will win things and turn up in that expectancy. We have to get rid of that losers mentality. Games can be won in the mind before a ball is kicked. There is a big difference in belief and arrogance. We have to instal that belief.

I was one of them. I think we would have one the Scottish Cup on at least one occasion since 1902. The Famous Five should have won it and TTs also should have won it. They did not. It is a mystery why our club has not won the Cup.
I like the idea of belief and I am sure that these tow teams had plenty of belief and talent...... There is something else that we need. It reminds me of waiting for a bus, you wait a long time and several of them come at the same time. I hope that our time will come soon, this year would be a good time:wink:

Jonnyboy
13-02-2015, 04:32 PM
John, a great story re that game. A week or so after the game a telegram arrived at a Hibs family home. The lady of the house opened the telegram with shaking hands. It read, "please confirm Hibs 8-1 Rangers"!. IIRC the telegram was sent by an uncle of Frank Dougan.

That's a cracker, B :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
13-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Stubbs is changing the players mentality to winners, it's time us as fans started having a bit more faith and started believing we're going to win, we need to change our mentality too. For too long we'd be happy with any win, I want us to absolutely destroy these ****ers tonight and believe we will.Any club in any league in the world would be happy with any win over a team in are behind in the league away from home.

weonlywon6-2
13-02-2015, 05:06 PM

Me to, we are getting a bit carried away with ourseleves