PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Tonight's games

Sir David Gray
11-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Gary Mackay-Steven scores 40 seconds into his Celtic debut.

Aldo
11-02-2015, 06:53 PM

Good start. Instant hero!!

Sir David Gray
11-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Manchester Utd 1-0 Burnley, Smalling.

patch1875
11-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Lambert binned

Sir David Gray
11-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Manchester Utd 1-1 Burnley

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Lambert binned

Surprise he lasted so long at Villa

KeithTheHibby
11-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Griffiths not even in the squad. Very harsh unless he's injured.

Off the bar
11-02-2015, 07:02 PM

Shirley must be the quickest ever debut goal

bingo70
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Griffiths not even in the squad. Very harsh unless he's injured.

He's tweeted that he's injured.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
2-0 Celtic, Armstrong.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM
a goal each for sellicks debut boys

Aldo
11-02-2015, 07:19 PM
2-0 Celtic, Armstrong.

Good bit of business. Very good players tbh!

weonlywon6-2
11-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Good bit of business. Very good players tbh!

Yep they are,just a shame they ended up at celtic

Aldo
11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Yep they are,just a shame they ended up at celtic

Jackie jnr was on Talksport yesterday and he said he had wished they had both went down south but couldn't stand in their way. Also the money the got helped!! ;-)

Both very good players and both will add quality to Smellic unfortunately.

Steve20
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Picked two players of yet another team and they've both scored. Celtic make me sick.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Stoke 1-1 Manchester City

leither17
11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Smalling on a hat trick

andrew70
11-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Picked two players of yet another team and they've both scored. Celtic make me sick.

Unfortunate that it's with Celtic but I am of the opinion that it's a good thing that young players are choosing to stay in Scotland longer.

I hope, eventually, that more will follow Ryan Gauld's lead and move abroad. (Holistically I feel learning new cultures, varied training methods - are better for our players than going down South) For now though let's enjoy the talent that is coming through in our game.

We all moan about the standard being poor. It's always going to be if our best players leave the country. The money United got was re-invested in Muirhead for example. So it's not all doom and gloom.

Bobby's Cinema
11-02-2015, 07:41 PM
This should further their international cause, being seen in those hoops :agree:

monktonharp
11-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Unfortunate that it's with Celtic but I am of the opinion that it's a good thing that young players are choosing to stay in Scotland longer.

I hope, eventually, that more will follow Ryan Gauld's lead and move abroad. (Holistically I feel learning new cultures, varied training methods - are better for our players than going down South) For now though let's enjoy the talent that is coming through in our game.

We all moan about the standard being poor. It's always going to be if our best players leave the country. The money United got was re-invested in Muirhead for example. So it's not all doom and gloom.Aye, let's enjoy their presence at celtic park while we can. same old same old.....it's celtic that complain about poor opposition, and never forget where they ultimately want to be.

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
3-0 sellick

Man u 3 Burnley 1

Stoke 1 Man city 4

Crstal Palace 0 Newcastle brown ale 1 ... 'kin boooo

West Brom 1 Swansea 0

Ronniekirk
11-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Jackie jnr was on Talksport yesterday and he said he had wished they had both went down south but couldn't stand in their way. Also the money the got helped!! ;-)

Both very good players and both will add quality to Smellic unfortunately.
These two additions give them every chance of doing the Treble Great if you are a Celtic Fan but for me it's not in the best interests of the game going forward .Credit to Delia though Aldo ,its not that long ago that the Media and some of the support were questioning how long he would last in the job

Aldo
11-02-2015, 08:24 PM
These two additions give them every chance of doing the Treble Great if you are a Celtic Fan but for me it's not in the best interests of the game going forward .Credit to Delia though Aldo ,its not that long ago that the Media and some of the support were questioning how long he would last in the job

With their money Ronnie it's not difficult for them tbh.

The addition of the 2 Utd players just strengthens them whilst weakening the opposition. Money talks I'm afraid!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2015, 08:29 PM

Super Ally would've been able to manage Celtic into the position they currently find themselves.

Barney McGrew
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
1-0 Chelsea in the 89th minute

Jim44
11-02-2015, 08:36 PM

Don't get too upset. It'll be all doom and gloom when they get cuffed by Inter in the cup they now have aspirations of winning .......... no chance.

Stax
11-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Thought Everton deserved at least a point from that.

Scottie
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Hate Chelsea with a passion like the gimps.

Future17
11-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Don't get too upset. It'll be all doom and gloom when they get cuffed by Inter in the cup they now have aspirations of winning .......... no chance.

I think they'll beat Inter over 2 legs - have you seen them recently?!?

Jim44
11-02-2015, 08:47 PM

No, I don't support Celtic. Would these great performances be against those other Scottish teams they themselves say are garbage?

Allant1981
11-02-2015, 08:49 PM
No, I don't support Celtic. Would these great performances be against those other Scottish teams they themselves say are garbage?

Think he was meaning inter

Jim44
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Think he was meaning inter

Oops, took the wrong meaning but my point about Celtic still applies.

3pm
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM

No danger pal.

andrew70
11-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Aye, let's enjoy their presence at celtic park while we can. same old same old.....it's celtic that complain about poor opposition, and never forget where they ultimately want to be.

Really don't see the problem whether it is Celtic buying players, United raiding Killie for Muirhead, Aberdeen signing McLean from Saints.

The talent is being fed through the leagues.

Hypothetically we could sell Scott Allan to Celtic in a cpl years, if he signs a new deal. Replace him with Sibbald (Falkirk) or another. I'd be devastated to lose Scott but on the other hand our replacement would be younger with a fair bit of quality about him as well.

The bigger picture is as long as clubs re-invest then the game will slowly start to improve up here

SmithyHibee
11-02-2015, 10:28 PM
How bad are these silver Burnley kits, deary me!

Pete
12-02-2015, 03:37 AM
Really don't see the problem whether it is Celtic buying players, United raiding Killie for Muirhead, Aberdeen signing McLean from Saints.

Hypothetically we could sell Scott Allan to Celtic in a cpl years, if he signs a new deal. Replace him with Sibbald (Falkirk) or another. I'd be devastated to lose Scott but on the other hand our replacement would be younger with a fair bit of quality about him as well.

The bigger picture is as long as clubs re-invest then the game will slowly start to improve up here

If the best talent in Scotland gets fed up to the Glasgow clubs then a lot of talent will indeed be staying in Scotland.

You are wrong when you say that the game will slowly start to improve. Scottish football is dying and the only way to improve that is to improve competition.

What you are doing is advocating the same old boring, top-down model that is unsustainable. The bigger picture is that kids don't care about the game up here the way it is now.

There are only three elements in the way of radical change and proper distribution of wealth: Celtic, Rangers and fear.

andrew70
12-02-2015, 06:54 AM
If the best talent in Scotland gets fed up to the Glasgow clubs then a lot of talent will indeed be staying in Scotland.

You are wrong when you say that the game will slowly start to improve. Scottish football is dying and the only way to improve that is to improve competition.

What you are doing is advocating the same old boring, top-down model that is unsustainable. The bigger picture is that kids don't care about the game up here the way it is now.

There are only three elements in the way of radical change and proper distribution of wealth: Celtic, Rangers and fear.

It will start to improve if clubs, like ourselves, re-invest more productively.

There's more than three issues (Doncaster, Ticket Prices too high, lack of Sponsor etc - silly but easy just to blame the 'Old Firm') but selling our best young players represents a chance to bring in much needed revenue.
(Of course keeping them would be better but without greater finances that's impractical as well as impossible)

Revenue that IF it goes to getting the best coaches, producing youth players in cycles - not in spades then buy cleverly in the transfer market.

Supporters (old and young) will return when the young players supplemented by a few decent market finds start producing more on the park.

That will come. We need to give it time.

easty
12-02-2015, 07:04 AM

I don't have a problem with it either. The biggest teams in the domestic leagues tend to sign the best players from the teams smaller than them. It's not new, and it's not a unique thing to Scottish football.