Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Robertson

Fyvie McGeouch

Allan

Malonga Cummings

Aldo
11-02-2015, 07:51 AM
GK: Oxley RB: Gray CB: Hanlon CB: Fontaine LB: Stevenson CM: Robertson RCM: McGeouch LCM: Craig AM: Allan ST: Cummings ST: Malonga Subs: Cerny Dje Dje Forster Watson Fyvie Handling Boyle

This!

I posted the exact team on another thread the other day. Strongest and balanced team IMHO.

With Boyle/Franck/Fyvie coming off the bench is strong attacking options.

In fact BMD the bench looks very strong as well!!

McIntosh
11-02-2015, 08:38 AM
GK: Oxley

RB: Gray
CB: Hanlon
CB: Fontaine
LB: Stevenson

CM: Robertson
RCM: McGeouch
LCM: Craig
AM: Allan

ST: Cummings
ST: Malonga

Subs:
Cerny
Dje Dje
Forster
Watson
Fyvie
Handling
Boyle very strong team and excellent subs bench

ehf
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
Cerny in for Oxley.

Brightside
11-02-2015, 08:49 AM
This!

I posted the exact team on another thread the other day. Strongest and balanced team IMHO.

With Boyle/Franck/Fyvie coming off the bench is strong attacking options.

In fact BMD the bench looks very strong as well!!

Yep - think Stubbs has one decision to make... Stick with the Captain or bring in Fyfie.

Aldo
11-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Yep - think Stubbs has one decision to make... Stick with the Captain or bring in Fyfie.

I honestly think the team picks itself at the moment (barring injury or suspension).

I will admit I am not Craig's biggest fans and have been a fervent critic of him (especially last season and beginning of this) but I think he should keep his place.

Agreed that Stubbs has a decision to make.

J-C
11-02-2015, 09:05 AM
I'd swap Allan and McGeouch, Dylan has more drive than Allan who plays better sitting a wee bit deeper taking the ball from the centre backs or Robertson.

Aldo
11-02-2015, 09:12 AM
I'd swap Allan and McGeouch, Dylan has more drive than Allan who plays better sitting a wee bit deeper taking the ball from the centre backs or Robertson.

JC I agree about Dylan but tbh if either of them play to half of what they are capable of then der Hun are in for a long nite. They will get fouled non stop but they need to be direct for me. Positive every time we get the ball.

I would really like them both to sign on permanently (Dylan) and an extension (Allan).

Cannot remember us having such a strong squad for a long long time!

J-C
11-02-2015, 09:17 AM
JC I agree about Dylan but tbh if either of them play to half of what they are capable of then der Hun are in for a long nite. They will get fouled non stop but they need to be direct for me. Positive every time we get the ball.

I would really like them both to sign on permanently (Dylan) and an extension (Allan).

Cannot remember us having such a strong squad for a long long time!

I wonder if it would be a good idea to put Craig at the top of the diamond, we know he came here as an attacking mid and let Dylan and Scott do their magic behind him.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2015, 09:23 AM
I honestly think the team picks itself at the moment (barring injury or suspension).

I will admit I am not Craig's biggest fans and have been a fervent critic of him (especially last season and beginning of this) but I think he should keep his place.

Agreed that Stubbs has a decision to make.

:agree: And then its really just a question of whether to opt for the red and white striped away kit as a one off as the Mackems have had the upper hand over the Geordies for a wee bit recently.:wink:

Unseen work
11-02-2015, 09:28 AM
I'm actually quite nervous for this game, seems to me as if everyone thinks we have won this game already. Let's hope Stubbs makes sure the players don't go out with the Sam attitude

I think Craig will start in place of Fyvie as I'm not convinced Fyvie's sharpness and match fitness will be up to scratch

Malonga and cummings upfront - Boyle and dja dje have been brilliant at filling in with assists and goals and are 2 excellent options from the bench

Aldo
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
I wonder if it would be a good idea to put Craig at the top of the diamond, we know he came here as an attacking mid and let Dylan and Scott do their magic behind him.

I think Craig should just stay on the left... Being a left footed player and team balance and all that.

I also think that Robertson is crucial to us and is now showing his worth and that we miss him when he doesn't play.

Bodes well tbh having all these team selection problems??

Aldo
11-02-2015, 09:52 AM
:agree: And then its really just a question of whether to opt for the red and white striped away kit as a one off as the Mackems have had the upper hand over the Geordies for a wee bit recently.:wink:

;-)

Aldo
11-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm actually quite nervous for this game, seems to me as if everyone thinks we have won this game already. Let's hope Stubbs makes sure the players don't go out with the Sam attitude I think Craig will start in place of Fyvie as I'm not convinced Fyvie's sharpness and match fitness will be up to scratch Malonga and cummings upfront - Boyle and dja dje have been brilliant at filling in with assists and goals and are 2 excellent options from the bench

I think brining on Boyle/Franck on in the last quarter of the game with their pace will open things up.

I really do hope Stubbs plays Malonga from the start.

hibbysam
11-02-2015, 10:01 AM
I think we might see a return to the 3-5-2 this Friday... Either Watson or Forster at centre back with hanlon and Fontaine.

stevenson and gray as full backs, Allan Dylan and Robertson in the middle with 2 of Malonga JC and Franck up front.

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2015, 10:10 AM
GK: Oxley

RB: Gray
CB: Hanlon
CB: Fontaine
LB: Stevenson

CM: Robertson
RCM: McGeouch
LCM: Craig
AM: Allan

ST: Cummings
ST: Malonga

Subs:
Cerny
Dje Dje
Forster
Watson
Fyvie
Handling
Boyle

Looks like a good shout for the starting 11 ..... as somebody else said, when was the last time we had a bench as strong looking as that.

I would also advise that we calm doon a bit. This club has no right to think it just has to turn up to win, we are on the start of a journey, not the end of one .... in Lord of the Rings terms we have barely left the Shire :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Looks like a good shout for the starting 11 ..... as somebody else said, when was the last time we had a bench as strong looking as that.

I would also advise that we calm doon a bit. This club has no right to think it just has to turn up to win, we are on the start of a journey, not the end of one .... in Lord of the Rings terms we have barely left the Shire :greengrin

And that strong bench doesn't even have Stanton on it

J-C
11-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I think Craig should just stay on the left... Being a left footed player and team balance and all that.

I also think that Robertson is crucial to us and is now showing his worth and that we miss him when he doesn't play.

Bodes well tbh having all these team selection problems??

Probably true, tbh they all seem to intertwine positions, Craig/Dylan/Allan all at some point get forward and drop back it's keeping the shape of the midfield which is important.

Aldo
11-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Probably true, tbh they all seem to intertwine positions, Craig/Dylan/Allan all at some point get forward and drop back it's keeping the shape of the midfield which is important.

As long as Robertson does his job that'll allow the 3 you've mentioned to intertwine accordingly.

This will hopefully cause Der Hun loads of problems.

Zazu62
11-02-2015, 02:58 PM
I think dje dje will start.

hibbysam
13-02-2015, 11:17 PM
I think we might see a return to the 3-5-2 this Friday... Either Watson or Forster at centre back with hanlon and Fontaine.

stevenson and gray as full backs, Allan Dylan and Robertson in the middle with 2 of Malonga JC and Franck up front.

Looks like Stubbsy fancied my line up tonight :aok: