PDA

View Full Version : HSA backs share issue.

invisible man
10-02-2015, 03:06 PM
A short statement from HSA

The Chairman and General Secretary of The Hibernian Supporters Association (HSA) are happy to announce that following a meeting with affiliated branches, HSA are supporting the share issue launched by Hibernian Football Club.

JimBHibees
10-02-2015, 03:13 PM

The Chairman and General Secretary of The Hibernian Supporters Association (HSA) are happy to announce that following a meeting with affiliated branches, HSA are supporting the share issue launched by Hibernian Football Club.

Wonder when the humble pie gets delivered. :greengrin

Andy74
10-02-2015, 03:18 PM

I'm sure most individuals consider their backing or otherwise as irrelevant.

JimBHibees
10-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Totally agree with that.

Golden Bear
10-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Wonder when the humble pie gets delivered. :greengrin

:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Important for it's members. Also there was a huge hullabaloo when the Chairman, stated not to buy shares. He then makes this statement, and its irrelevant? Can't win really......

DaveF
10-02-2015, 03:49 PM
I think the point is that after Reilly's initial statement anything he says now in support of the club is largely irrelevant.

At least until an apology is issued.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2015, 03:50 PM
I think the point is that after Reilly's initial statement anything he says now in support of the club is largely irrelevant.

Good luck with that one:greengrin

Mikey
10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Important for it's members. Also there was a huge hullabaloo when the Chairman, stated not to buy shares. He then makes this statement, and its irrelevant? Can't win really......

Yep. It's clearly what the majority of members think and the HSA is no longer being used by one individual to beat the club with.

lucky
10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Delighted that Mike and Jan have both come out and supported the share issue. Hopefully HSA a will spend a few quid purchasing them

DaveF
10-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Good luck with that one:greengrin

It's not me who he should be apologising to :greengrin

I can only assume chair of the HSA is the world's worst job, given someone with zero credibility is still in post.

Anyway, good decision by them and hopefully they will buy a few bob's worth.

Mr White
10-02-2015, 04:04 PM
This can only be a good thing if it means more of us pulling in the same direction. Unity could make a massive difference for hibs come the end of the season.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2015, 04:05 PM
It's not me who he should be apologising to :greengrin

I can only assume chair of the HSA is the world's worst job, given someone with zero credibility is still in post.

Anyway, good decision by them and hopefully they will buy a few bob's worth.

I think they will be purchasing a significant amount of shares..... The HSA could do with building some bridges with Hibs, hopefully relationships between both parties will start to improve....

Baldy Foghorn
This can only be a good thing if it means more of us pulling in the same direction. Unity could make a massive difference for hibs come the end of the season.

Spot on.......

Big_Franck

Totally agree. Couldnt care less whether HSA do or dont back the share issue.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2015, 04:08 PM

That's the spirit:aok:

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Riley should now resign, he's a clown that has had his erse smacked by the very people he's supposed to represent. Get him voted out at the earliest possible chance, get him off the gravy train.

greenginger
10-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I imagine this will be front page news in the EEN tomorrow or maybe the next day !

Or, should I not hold my breath.

Pete
10-02-2015, 04:17 PM
I wonder how big the article in the local paper will be. There was a song and dance when the "HSA were against" the issue so it will be even bigger now there is supposed unity. This is good for a capital football club after all.

Edit: should have just agreed with the guy above :rolleyes: great minds and that.

Kato
10-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Riley should now resign, he's a clown that has had his erse smacked by the very people he's supposed to represent. Get him voted out at the earliest possible chance, get him off the gravy train.

...resign....clown.....erse....voted out....off the gravy train.

Nice. :wink:

DC_Hibs
10-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Runs a good social club so job done it seems.

Football matters however.......

lucky
10-02-2015, 04:48 PM

He gave his personal view about the share issue and HSL. The HSA have taken a different decision. I don't think he needs to resign just watch what he's saying to the media. By all accounts he runs the club very well along with rest of the committee. Can you tell me what gravy train he is on and what he gets out of it? Personal attacks on him are not really called for.

marinello59
10-02-2015, 04:50 PM

It's good news isn't it? A further sign that the Hibs support are coming together.
Well done to the HSA.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2015, 04:50 PM

Agree with this.

MR obviously made a mistake with his earlier words. He's rectified that now and another group backing the issue can only be a good thing.

PatHead
10-02-2015, 04:52 PM
I think they will be purchasing a significant amount of shares..... The HSA could do with building some bridges with Hibs, hopefully relationships between both parties will start to improve....

Agree. Hopefully they will take a supply of forms for the members who do not use the internet.

It may give them encouragement to join up.

ronaldo7
10-02-2015, 04:54 PM
He gave his personal view about the share issue and HSL. The HSA have taken a different decision. I don't think he needs to resign just watch what he's saying to the media. By all accounts he runs the club very well along with rest of the committee. Can you tell me what gravy train he is on and what he gets out of it? Personal attacks on him are not really called for.

Just like personal attacks on individual branches. Like people mentioning being likened to the Green Brigade eh.:rolleyes:

Well done to the HSA.

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Good they have come on board.

I'm sure Mike Riley does a good job as far as day to day matters at the club go, but as long as he holds his post he should be voicing the HSA's opinion and keep his own to himself. It doesn't matter if the press push him for one, they only ask him coz of his position in the HSA, not because they care what Mike Riley Hibs fan thinks.

Andy74
10-02-2015, 04:59 PM

Is it important for members? Are they sitting waiting weeks after all the information has been out there and discussions have taken place at length for some committee to churn out its judgement like it matters?

I'd expect most fans could think for themselves on this one. The idea that a supporters association decides by committee what it thinks on something like this is bonkers.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Is it important for members? Are they sitting waiting weeks after all the information has been out there and discussions have taken place at length for some committee to churn out its judgement like it matters?

I'd expect most fans could think for themselves on this one. The idea that a supporters association decides by committee what it thinks on something like this is bonkers.

Important in that a high number of members back the issue. The statement from MR was wrong and needed to be addressed....Of course individuals will make their own minds up, but as an Association of Supporter's it was important that they backed this proposal from Hibs......

HibbyKeith
10-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Good they have come on board.

I'm sure Mike Riley does a good job as far as day to day matters at the club go, but as long as he holds his post he should be voicing the HSA's opinion and keep his own to himself. It doesn't matter if the press push him for one, they only ask him coz of his position in the HSA, not because they care what Mike Riley Hibs fan thinks.

I agree they are only asking him because of his position. they are loaded questions from lazy media who contact him as they then know they have a headline based on his answer. For all anyone knows ( I dont know either, just surmising) MR might have said that the HSA are yet to have a meeting with its members to discuss this before giving his personal opinion and the media conveniently left it out for a better impact with their headline.

It's a damn if you do/don't scenario for him, as a hibs supporter he is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us, If hes questioned about something and clearly states its his own personal opinion then surely its then upon the readers of said article to take that into consideration rather than people personally attacking him or jumping on a high horse just to have a go.

It's things like this that are so disheartening as a Hibs supporter, too many are too quick to attack and ridicule. We are never all going to agree all of the time, but why cant we just agree that we are ALL Hibs supporters, And just like all of us I'm pretty sure not one person from the HSA, HOH or Kano's Forever Hibernian group want anything other than a winning, successful and entertaining hibs team to support.

The first steps in that are all pulling in the same direction, Time for us all to become happy clappers for the greater good :wink:

Bostonhibby
10-02-2015, 05:56 PM

:agree: This HSA member agrees. It was ever thus, irrelevant.

lucky
10-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Just like personal attacks on individual branches. Like people mentioning being likened to the Green Brigade eh.:rolleyes:

Well done to the HSA.

How can you personally attack a branch? The comments I made were in response to the constant drivel posted , IMHO, by one individual poster who was portraying a certain branch in that light. But FFS you really need to get over the referendum you are allowed to agree with Hibs supporters who voted NO on other issues.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 06:37 PM

You couldn't care less that the single biggest body of affiliated Hibernian Supporters anywhere are backing the club in its initiative?

Andy74
10-02-2015, 06:40 PM
You couldn't care less that the single biggest body of affiliated Hibernian Supporters anywhere are backing the club in its initiative?

I don't no. It's just a committee making a statement.

It's more important what fans decide to do themselves.

ronaldo7
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
How can you personally attack a branch? The comments I made were in response to the constant drivel posted , IMHO, by one individual poster who was portraying a certain branch in that light. But FFS you really need to get over the referendum you are allowed to agree with Hibs supporters who voted NO on other issues.

You attacked a branch and accused Hibs fans of acting like the Green Brigade. Well done you.

On the REF. I'm over it thanks:na na:

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't no. It's just a committee making a statement.

It's more important what fans decide to do themselves.

On behalf of thousands of members. An association with a lot more buying power than most individuals. Very important in my opinion and I'm certain the club will think likewise.They'd be foolish not to wouldn't they?

PatHead
10-02-2015, 07:06 PM
I also think it is important that the management at the club and the HSA have a good relationship. Surely this statement will help.

Andy74
10-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I look forward to their thoughtful follow up: HSA hope Hibs win on Friday. Once the committee have had time to consider it of course.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I look forward to their thoughtful follow up: HSA hope Hibs win on Friday. Once the committee have had time to consider it of course.

You're attempt at wit looks like clouding your judgement of a very good bit of news for the club. The club are looking to sell as many shares as possible to Hibs Supporters, or as far as I know they are. Where better to start than with a whole Association full of them with some disposable income?

Andy74
10-02-2015, 07:33 PM
You're attempt at wit looks like clouding your judgement of a very good bit of news for the club. The club are looking to sell as many shares as possible to Hibs Supporters, or as far as I know they are. Where better to start than with a whole Association full of them with some disposable income?

The members were all sat waiting on this not knowing what to do were they? It's weeks late and should have been obvious. That's these sorts of committees for you.

WhileTheChief..
10-02-2015, 07:35 PM
The HSA has thousands of members???

Maybe back in the 80s but I doubt they have anywhere near that nowadays.

They are as relevant as the former players association.

Big_Franck
10-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Correct.

What the HSA, St Pats, five guys drinking in the four in hand, or any other group of Hibs fans thinks of the share issue is irrelevant to me.

After reading the club's statement and the extensive Q&A threads on here I've made my own mind up to join HSL. I'd hope that the vast majority of Hibs fans would do the same.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 07:52 PM
The members were all sat waiting on this not knowing what to do were they? It's weeks late and should have been obvious. That's these sorts of committees for you.

Hardly.
But if the Association purchases a significant bundle of shares with the backing of their membership that is not relevant to you? Don't you want the initiative to succeed? That's where we are and the more in the better.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 07:59 PM
The HSA has thousands of members???

Maybe back in the 80s but I doubt they have anywhere near that nowadays.

They are as relevant as the former players association.

Well I reckon it runs into thousands.
Could be wrong, but multiply number of branches x number of members and it will run into more than hundreds.
I won't respond to the other above post about five boys bevvying somewhere. Bit naive that.

And why don't the FPA matter? Are Hibs.net contributors about to move right up their own backsides here?
Every Hibby matters.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Correct.

What the HSA, St Pats, five guys drinking in the four in hand, or any other group of Hibs fans thinks of the share issue is irrelevant to me.

After reading the club's statement and the extensive Q&A threads on here I've made my own mind up to join HSL. I'd hope that the vast majority of Hibs fans would do the same.

:agree: Many I know had made up their own mind, unfortunate that the chairman came out against and appeared too say so in his capacity as chairman - rectified I know but with that in mind it's not a surprise that some feel that the announcement is maybe a bit late? (though better late than never).

My sense from speaking to a few members I know is that they had decided to sign up long before the HSA statement - for me it's welcome but there remains a bit of unease that the members opinions sometimes don't seemed to be represented or sought before a position is taken? - separate issue to this one but is a factor in peoples attitudes.

Glad the HSA will spend some of its money on shares, Hibernian Football Club is the reason it exists for most but many of the members filled the void between this positive statement and the silence / ambiguity at the outset by using their own heads and hearts and deciding on buying shares.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 08:25 PM
:agree: Many I know had made up their own mind, unfortunate that the chairman came out against and appeared too say so in his capacity as chairman - rectified I know but with that in mind it's not a surprise that some feel that the announcement is maybe a bit late? (though better late than never).

My sense from speaking to a few members I know is that they had decided to sign up long before the HSA statement - for me it's welcome but there remains a bit of unease that the members opinions sometimes don't seemed to be represented or sought before a position is taken? - separate issue to this one but is a factor in peoples attitudes.

Glad the HSA will spend some of its money on shares, Hibernian Football Club is the reason it exists for most but many of the members filled the void between this positive statement and the silence / ambiguity at the outset by using their own heads and hearts and deciding on buying shares.

That's the crux, I think. We should all be glad about this.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2015, 08:27 PM
That's the crux, I think. We should all be glad about this.

Nearly said amen to that, then I remembered your avatar :wink:

lucky
10-02-2015, 08:29 PM
You attacked a branch and accused Hibs fans of acting like the Green Brigade. Well done you.

On the REF. I'm over it thanks:na na:

Glad your over it, but it's time to move on. The poster that I responded too was roundly put down for his drivel. But you do seem to take a unhealthy interest in my posts. Shame I can't remember much about yours except your a Hibby and a Nat.

Iggy Pope
10-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Nearly said amen to that, then I remembered your avatar :wink:

Any with a lust for life would agree.:wink:

ronaldo7
10-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Glad your over it, but it's time to move on. The poster that I responded too was roundly put down for his drivel. But you do seem to take a unhealthy interest in my posts.:faf: Shame I can't remember much about yours except your a Hibby and a Nat.

Where am I supposed to move on to?

I think you'll find that the poster was opposed by other members of his branch, but at least they had the decency not to mention the Green Brigade, and from a supposed Trade unionist too:rolleyes:

The reason I quoted your post in the thread is that you seem to think MR shouldn't be given personal abuse for his comments but you are quite happy to paint Hibs fans as Green Brigaders. Shame on you.

Now back on topic, Where's that shares letter.

lucky
10-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Where am I supposed to move on to?

I think you'll find that the poster was opposed by other members of his branch, but at least they had the decency not to mention the Green Brigade, and from a supposed Trade unionist too:rolleyes:

The reason I quoted your post in the thread is that you seem to think MR shouldn't be given personal abuse for his comments but you are quite happy to paint Hibs fans as Green Brigaders. Shame on you.

Now back on topic, Where's that shares letter.

Shame on me lol supposed trade unionist lol you sir should put your spade away. Clearly your bigoted against anything I post based on the referendum. Why not PM me and we can meet up before a game have a pint and stop this tit for tat nonsence or just ignore each other. It's your choice

SunnyLeither
10-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Not here to defend Mike in any way, he's big enough to stand up for himself but he makes a statement in a personal capacity against the share issue and he gets ripped a new one. He then signs up to a statement on behalf of his elected body who I presume have taken a democratic stance to support and again he gets ripped a new one, I'm confused??

And how do I know he originally spoke in a personal capacity? Well I did what any reasonable person would do, I asked him face to face, unlike some on here. Still had a wee dig mind you 😊

ronaldo7
10-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Shame on me lol supposed trade unionist lol you sir should put your spade away. Clearly your bigoted against anything I post based on the referendum. Why not PM me and we can meet up before a game have a pint and stop this tit for tat nonsence or just ignore each other. It's your choice

So I'm bigoted now. Jeez your love bombing is over the top tonight eh. I didn't realise that posting an opposite view to someone was bigoted. Thanks for the offer of a pint but I have family to look after on match day.

We'll leave it here, but I will try not to post on any thread you start or quote you in the future to alleviate your paranoia.:aok:

lucky
10-02-2015, 10:07 PM
So I'm bigoted now. Jeez your love bombing is over the top tonight eh. I didn't realise that posting an opposite view to someone was bigoted. Thanks for the offer of a pint but I have family to look after on match day.

We'll leave it here, but I will try not to post on any thread you start or quote you in the future to alleviate your paranoia.:aok:

Your some case, you read something into nothing constantly. Ach well I tried but it looks like you've choose the ignore option or prefer conflict

monktonharp
10-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Totally agree. Couldnt care less whether HSA do or dont back the share issue.?:confused:

monktonharp
10-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Riley should now resign, he's a clown that has had his erse smacked by the very people he's supposed to represent. Get him voted out at the earliest possible chance, get him off the gravy train.you intitled to vote for that/ or just remarking, from afar?

monktonharp
10-02-2015, 10:19 PM
He gave his personal view about the share issue and HSL. The HSA have taken a different decision. I don't think he needs to resign just watch what he's saying to the media. By all accounts he runs the club very well along with rest of the committee. Can you tell me what gravy train he is on and what he gets out of it? Personal attacks on him are not really called for.totally agree. no need for personal attacks, which, at one time were frowned upon/banned on this fans forum, iirc.

Stantons Angel
10-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Although i agree with you re the personal attacks i must point out that as far as i can remember the original statement was his personal view, given as the Chairman of the HSA.

Being a long standing member of this association i was never consulted on my views and in light of the furore his statement caused within the membership neither had many of them!

He may run the social club well, in some opinion, but first and foremost its a football supporters club affiliated to support the football club.

This isnt the first time his views have been printed in the media and not the first time they have caused problems within the membership.

Todays U turn regarding the backing of the share issue shows the feeling of the membership and ridicules the standing taken in the original statement.

Maybe its better to say nothing, rather than be watching what he says, when saying it as chair of the HSA?

I just wonder what the board at Easter Road think of all this goings on, i dread to think?

monktonharp
10-02-2015, 10:28 PM
I look forward to their thoughtful follow up: HSA hope Hibs win on Friday. Once the committee have had time to consider it of course.Satire, is defo not the flavour of the day

basehibby
11-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Although i agree with you re the personal attacks i must point out that as far as i can remember the original statement was his personal view, given as the Chairman of the HSA.

Being a long standing member of this association i was never consulted on my views and in light of the furore his statement caused within the membership neither had many of them!

He may run the social club well, in some opinion, but first and foremost its a football supporters club affiliated to support the football club.

This isnt the first time his views have been printed in the media and not the first time they have caused problems within the membership.

Todays U turn regarding the backing of the share issue shows the feeling of the membership and ridicules the standing taken in the original statement.

Maybe its better to say nothing, rather than be watching what he says, when saying it as chair of the HSA?

I just wonder what the board at Easter Road think of all this goings on, i dread to think?

:agree: I can remember Riley shooting his gob off before on some other matter when he had no idea of the opinion of his membership - and being far from happy about it.

I'm not even a HSA member but they have some status in the consciousness of the public as representing the standpoint of the ordinary Hibby - as such their chairman/spokesman has a responsibility to keep his counsel about his personal views rather than get drawn in by the man with the mic to spout some spurious viewpoint which is then held up by the media as the zeitgeist of Hibbydom!

If I was a HSA member I'd be making my feelings known that Mike should either be removed from office or at the very least banned from giving interviews.

Stonewall
11-02-2015, 04:57 AM
:agree: I can remember Riley shooting his gob off before on some other matter when he had no idea of the opinion of his membership - and being far from happy about it.

I'm not even a HSA member but they have some status in the consciousness of the public as representing the standpoint of the ordinary Hibby - as such their chairman/spokesman has a responsibility to keep his counsel about his personal views rather than get drawn in by the man with the mic to spout some spurious viewpoint which is then held up by the media as the zeitgeist of Hibbydom!

If I was a HSA member I'd be making my feelings known that Mike should either be removed from office or at the very least banned from giving interviews.

Exactly. He has previous and is not an innocent victim of media manipulation here. I think he knew exactly how the press would play his statement. Whether he mis-read the views of the HSA is another matter.

If we can assume that MR is now in support of the views of the HSA then his original statement didn't really even reflect his own considered view, only his personal anti Petrie agenda. Effectively his personal position has turned out to be that he had reservations over the share issue and needed clarification on a number of issues. I wouldn't have minded if he'd said that (I think many including myself were of that opinion).

Anyway I'm delighted that everyone appears to be on board now. I've even got my letter from the club and will be signing up.

Peevemor
11-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Exactly. He has previous and is not an innocent victim of media manipulation here. I think he knew exactly how the press would play his statement. Whether he mis-read the views of the HSA is another matter.

If we can assume that MR is now in support of the views of the HSA then his original statement didn't really even reflect his own considered view, only his personal anti Petrie agenda. Effectively his personal position has turned out to be that he had reservations over the share issue and needed clarification on a number of issues. I wouldn't have minded if he'd said that (I think many including myself were of that opinion).

Anyway I'm delighted that everyone appears to be on board now. I've even got my letter from the club and will be signing up.

:agree:

Beefster
11-02-2015, 05:54 AM
I think it's great that the membership of the HSA has effectively slapped Mike Reilly down and made him perform an about-face.

However, only in a committee-run organisation where being able to run a licenced premises is more important that working with the club and that organisation's reputation, would Reilly still be in place. Harsh but true. Reilly is still free to pontificate his personal opinion whilst wearing his chairman hat for a few weeks the next time, until he's brought into line again. It's not like the damage he's done over the shares and his association with HoH are the first time he's effectively ****ed over the club.

Chuck Rhoades
11-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Only Hibs fans could make this statement into a negative, bad news story.

Beefster
11-02-2015, 06:47 AM

Who has said it's a bad news story? I think most of the posts so far have been a bit more nuanced than black or white.

If Mike Reilly, the HSA chairman, hadn't recommended that the support don't buy Hibs shares then yesterday's statement would have been universally welcomed.

lyonhibs
11-02-2015, 07:04 AM

The story itself is great news. The fact that such a statement from the HSA was even required is the ridiculous thing, and we/they have Mike "spraff now, think never" Reilly to thank for that.

Bleeds green
11-02-2015, 07:45 AM
So is there a Riley apology for his statement against it in the first instance given his position as chairman of hsa? This clown attempted to derail this when the association he is chairman of have now publicly backed it! Anyone who can defend his actions is deluded this guy must be so far up his own backside it's unbelievable you could not make this stuff up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leith Mo
11-02-2015, 11:44 AM
HSA apparently held a meeting at which 13 branch reps turned up and of those 7 voted in favour of a statement in favour of the share issue. At St Pat's Branch meeting last week the decision was taken not to go to a vote on the matter as the Committee was not seeking a mandate one way or the other from the membership re the Share Issue and supporting it or not.

Point is, I'm not sure if any of the branches represented at the HSA meeting had been asked to vote or not on this issue and whether HSA actually asked members for their views or not? Not trying to be negative on this in any way, but the (financial) "ownership" of our Club is one of the things lately that has most divided us so would be good to get this spot on rather than react to any perceived mandate or otherwise?

Also, MR was speaking in his personal capacity and not as HSA representative - perhaps a bit naive given it was the media he spoke to but nonetheless nto something he deserves pelters for here or anywhere else IMHO.

Andy74
11-02-2015, 11:50 AM
HSA apparently held a meeting at which 13 branch reps turned up and of those 7 voted in favour of a statement in favour of the share issue. At St Pat's Branch meeting last week the decision was taken not to go to a vote on the matter as the Committee was not seeking a mandate one way or the other from the membership re the Share Issue and supporting it or not.

Point is, I'm not sure if any of the branches represented at the HSA meeting had been asked to vote or not on this issue and whether HSA actually asked members for their views or not? Not trying to be negative on this in any way, but the (financial) "ownership" of our Club is one of the things lately that has most divided us so would be good to get this spot on rather than react to any perceived mandate or otherwise?

Also, MR was speaking in his personal capacity and not as HSA representative - perhaps a bit naive given it was the media he spoke to but nonetheless nto something he deserves pelters for here or anywhere else IMHO.

Yep, as I said, an irrelevant committee statement.

Beefster
11-02-2015, 12:13 PM

The press wouldn't approach MR for his thoughts if he wasn't the HSA chairman. Pretty much anything he says to the press or media should be through the prism of his HSA position.

If the branches are happy with him and his behaviour, that's entirely their affair. However, I (and obviously others) will criticise if I think that someone is going out of their way to actively harm the club. IMHO that's what MR did when he advised Hibs supporters not to buy shares.

Peevemor
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
]The press wouldn't approach MR for his thoughts if he wasn't the HSA chairman. Pretty much anything he says to the press or media should be through the prism of his HSA position.[/B]

If the branches are happy with him and his behaviour, that's entirely their affair. However, I (and obviously others) will criticise if I think that someone is going out of their way to actively harm the club. IMHO that's what MR did when he advised Hibs supporters not to buy shares.

Exactly.

jacomo
11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
The press wouldn't approach MR for his thoughts if he wasn't the HSA chairman. Pretty much anything he says to the press or media should be through the prism of his HSA position.

I also agree :wink:

How long has MR held that position? He can't use the naïvety defence anymore, surely.

We all saw what he said, 'in my personal capacity as HSA Chairman'. If he was misrepresented he should have corrected it, but instead his opinion carried extra weight due to his position.

He spoke out of turn and it's become a shambles, frankly.

Glesgahibby
11-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I also agree :wink:

How long has MR held that position? He can't use the naïvety defence anymore, surely.

We all saw what he said, 'in my personal capacity as HSA Chairman'. If he was misrepresented he should have corrected it, but instead his opinion carried extra weight due to his position.

He spoke out of turn and it's become a shambles, frankly.
Agreeed:agree:
"we" are Hibernian FC!!
my personal anything has nothing to do with it!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM

100% spot on, the media wouldnt go and ask the club steward of the dockers club what his thoughts were on the shares issue, they asked him because of his position.

And he knows full well what the press will do with his answer, but he chose to tell the press that he would advise the people that elected him to not buy the shares.

The mans a clown, this is not this first time he's made ridiculous comments to the press in our name either.

TowerHibs
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
100% spot on, the media wouldnt go and ask the club steward of the dockers club what his thoughts were on the shares issue, they asked him because of his position.

And he knows full well what the press will do with his answer, but he chose to tell the press that he would advise the people that elected him to not buy the shares.

The mans a clown, this is not this first time he's made ridiculous comments to the press in our name either.

Yep I agree. If this was across the city we would be lapping it up.

He has had numerous mishaps. As for the post above about committee voting this and 7 out of 13 voting that. Jesus, feels.like everyone has a big opinion of themselves in there. They wouldn't agree on the colour of their own pish just to ensure that a voice is heard in a committee. It's like going back 20 years. Which the begs the question how MR is still in position. Surely not because you get a pint of tennants cheaper that the 4 in hand

Bostonhibby
11-02-2015, 04:21 PM

:agree:100% this

PatHead
11-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Who cares who said what to whom. The bottom line is the HSA have issued a statement which should help unite the support. It does no-one any favours going over old ground.

Lets be united and get behind the club/team. We are all supporters after all.

givescotlandfreedom
11-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Everyone is behind the football club and supports its intentions. That's great news all round IMO.

Glorious St Pat
11-02-2015, 04:46 PM
At the branch meeting last week according to one of the executives of HSA - the committee and the branches were 'broadly supportive' of the share issue. Indeed chatting to Mike, I think there will be discussions to buy shares in the club through the HSA ie a job lot. Wait and see on that one.

Jack
11-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Who cares who said what to whom. The bottom line is the HSA have issued a statement which should help unite the support. It does no-one any favours going over old ground.

Lets be united and get behind the club/team. We are all supporters after all.

Supporters yes, but sometimes I wonder which club ;-)

Andy74
11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Everyone is behind the football club and supports its intentions. That's great news all round IMO.

Well 7 of 13 anyway.

Bostonhibby
11-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Supporters yes, but sometimes I wonder which club ;-)

Quite a few on here signed up to HSL and / or bought shares before the HSA actually got round to getting behind the share issue and certainly at a time where the chairman's personal view, but in his capacity as chairman wasn't to support it so I think that tends to make those that signed up or declared their support then undoubtedly Hibs supporters.

ancient hibee
11-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Seems to me that Mr.Reilly was led into this (possibly by a former journalist?).All he had to do was say to the press "i'm not giving you my opinion because I know you will just spin it as the view of the association.Once the association has come to a view I'll tell you what it is."As it was his quotes about putting money into the pocket of a multi millionaire were cringeworthy.

JoeT_WasTheBest
11-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Seems to me that Mr.Reilly was led into this (possibly by a former journalist?).All he had to do was say to the press "i'm not giving you my opinion because I know you will just spin it as the view of the association.Once the association has come to a view I'll tell you what it is."As it was his quotes about putting money into the pocket of a multi millionaire were cringeworthy.

From what I remember (and I may be wrong), he actually came out with a statement rather than being asked for his opinion? Not sure if it was a formal press release but I think it was along those lines? Bottom line - his wording was daft "giving my personal view as Chairman of the Supporter's Association"?? Anyway I'm not a member of any supporter's club but I'm glad the situation is more positive now, and looking at the share issue itself rather than being sidetracked by personal views of/on certain people.

PS - Baldy for Chairman :flag:

Jack
11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Quite a few on here signed up to HSL and / or bought shares before the HSA actually got round to getting behind the share issue and certainly at a time where the chairman's personal view, but in his capacity as chairman wasn't to support it so I think that tends to make those that signed up or declared their support then undoubtedly Hibs supporters.

You are of course correct. I was however not meaning those people you refer to but a more general observation. So general in fact it doesn't refer only to this thread or those mentioned in it :-)

A bit like the Canadian walking down Whitehall during the war when he asked a soldier what side the War Office was on. Our side I hope, was his reply!

Bostonhibby
11-02-2015, 08:15 PM
You are of course correct. I was however not meaning those people you refer to but a more general observation. So general in fact it doesn't refer only to this thread or those mentioned in it :-)

A bit like the Canadian walking down Whitehall during the war when he asked a soldier what side the War Office was on. Our side I hope, was his reply!

:greengrin Understood Jack :aok:

Jonnyboy
11-02-2015, 08:24 PM

Agree entirely :agree:

Nakedmanoncrack
11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Some bitter people on this thread.

Eric
11-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Well 7 of 13 anyway.

I think it should be made clear that the branches who did not vote backing the share issue did not vote against. Their representatives abstained due not having a mandate to vote one way or the other what with the relatively short notice at which the meeting was called.

Andy74
11-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Some bitter people on this thread.

Bitter about what?

Just Alf
12-02-2015, 06:25 AM
I think it should be made clear that the branches who did not vote backing the share issue did not vote against. Their representatives abstained due not having a mandate to vote one way or the other what with the relatively short notice at which the meeting was called.

Makes sense, would have been as bad as MR if they'd picked a position without checking with those they were representing.

GGTTH

Jack
12-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Bitter about what?

No bitter in the Hibs Club that's what they're bitter about.

Lager on draught, cider on draft, in a fine selection of other dark beers on draught but ... NO BITTER!

Mike Riley. Get it sorted!

Bad Martini
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Personally I can see both sides.

Member of the HSA. Dont give a toss what anyone in the HSA tells me to think or their opinion, when forming mine tho. He's no the president of the USA folks. :greengrin

Shouldnt have spouted his own opinion or put it out in the way he did. However, nobody died. Move on.

The shares will sell. Folk will buy them. We will eventually honour STF in some way and we can all still agree that Petrie will be remembered for less affectionaite reasons. Possible to be a realist without polarising the world of HFC you know...:aok: