PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEWIS ALLAN AGREES CONTRACT EXTENSION

RSS Bot
10-02-2015, 07:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5185)

Hibernian can confirm Development squad striker Lewis Allan has extended his contract with the club until the summer of 2018.

The 18-year-old centre-forward made his first team debut at Falkirk in December and has scored nine goals so far this season in the SPFL Development League.

Allan says he is thrilled to have agreed the extension and eager to progress – during his first full season as a full-time player.

Speaking exclusively to hibernianfc.co.uk, Allan said: “This is absolutely brilliant and I'm excited about the future – I’m delighted about agreeing the extension and it came as a bit of a surprise.
“I’ve been involved with Hibernian’s Academy since I was eight or nine and I’ve played for every age-group team.

“During all that time, all I ever wanted to do was get the opportunity to play for the first team and luckily I’ve now done that.

“Hopefully I will earn a lot more opportunities to play for the first team and repay the faith the manager has already shown in me.

“I appreciate this is just the first step in a long journey towards trying to establish myself as a first team player at the club and I want to give it everything I can in order to make that happen.”
Last season Allan, who comes from Earlston, was a part-time Academy player, who trained two days a week in tandem with studying for level 2 of a BTEC in Performance Sport at Borders College in Galashiels.

The teenager, who is about to move into Edinburgh, thanked his parents for ferrying him to and from the Training Centre to his home in the Borders and believes the move to full-time football will help his overall development.

He added: “Since the start of the season, I believe I’ve learned a huge amount and that my overall understanding of the game has improved massively.
"My parents were great taking me to and from training two times a week last season, but since I've gone full-time I feel I've started to mature as a player.

“I’m keen to learn as much as I can and Hibs is a great environment in order to be able to do that with Joe (McBride) and the gaffer (Alan Stubbs).”

Development Coach Joe McBride said: “I’m delighted for Lewis and I hope he continues to work hard during his development because he has already seen that he will be rewarded.
“The Academy’s main objective is to develop players, who will be ready to contribute at first team level and Lewis has already certainly make progress on that front.”

Head Coach Alan Stubbs said: “I’m delighted that Lewis has committed his future to the club by signing his extension.

“The fact that we are producing players through our excellent Academy into the first team is something that we’re incredibly proud of and long may that continue.
“Both Joe (McBride) and Eddie (May) deserve enormous credit and the fact Lewis has already made his first team debut underlines my philosophy that if players merit selection then, irrespective of their age, they will get the opportunity.”

Allan scored his opening goal at senior level, albeit in a friendly, against our potential William Hill Scottish Cup quarter final opponents Berwick Rangers at Shielfield Park in pre-season.

The big striker is back in competitive action today in an SPFL Development League match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Ainslie Park – home of our other potential quarter final opponents, Spartans – kick off 2pm (admission is via donation to the Transition Academy).

3pm
10-02-2015, 07:27 AM
Good news.

Vault Boy
10-02-2015, 07:27 AM
Congrats Lewis! Hope to see more of you in the first team in the near future. :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
10-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Great stuff. One for the future. Now for the other Allan :agree:

lyonhibs
10-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Great stuff. One for the future. Now for the other Allan :agree:

In my early morning fug I got mixed up and thought we'd got him signed for longer.

Then I opened the link :-(

Still good news mind.

WestEndHibee
10-02-2015, 08:13 AM
In my early morning fug I got mixed up and thought we'd got him signed for longer.

Then I opened the link :-(

Still good news mind.

Haha I did the same but chose lewis Stevenson. Still a great bit of news, well done younger lewis.

Brightside
10-02-2015, 08:23 AM
A long term deal for a talented young player.... surely not. :wink:

Ronniekirk
10-02-2015, 08:56 AM
A longhorn term deal for a talented young player.... surely not. :wink:

Consensus seems to be he is highly rated and regarded by everyone at Hibs .Still young but let's hope he can make the step up A few clubs want him on loan but hibs rightly waiting till time is right for this and he goes to the right club

Billy Whizz
10-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Great news for Lewis and Hibs. Really like Lewis's work rate

andrew70
10-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Great news for Lewis and Hibs. Really like Lewis's work rate

His work rate is fantastic but for me the fact he is so strong and athletic at 17 is also a positive.

Once he matures, in a footballing sense, he will be even moreso a handful for defenders. He needs to time his runs that wee bit better and with age he'll pick the correct option more (sometimes picks the wrong pass) but the raw talent and his obvious eye for goal will make him a formidable opponent.

jdships
10-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Consensus seems to be he is highly rated and regarded by everyone at Hibs .Still young but let's hope he can make the step up A few clubs want him on loan but hibs rightly waiting till time is right for this and he goes to the right club

My friends in the Borders who have worked with him rate him alongside another Borderer - John Collins
Good luck young man !!

Juice-Terry
10-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Do they only train twice a week? Petrie!!!

Stewboy
10-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Great news

However it would have been great if there was a comma between Lewis and Allan ;-)

Eyrie
10-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Nice way to celebrate a new deal - he scored a hat trick for the U20s this afternoon.

emerald green
10-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Good luck Lewis, and well done on your contract. Stick in, and keep working hard. I hope you go on to score loads of goals for Hibs.