PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Team in 10 Years

since90plustwo
09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Seen on facebook a thing about what the daily mail thought the england team would be now, from 10 years ago. Some interesting inclusions with theo walcott the only current international in that side. what do you think the scotland team will be in 2025??

Jordan Archer (Spurs)
McGhee (Hearts)
Souttar (Dundee Utd)
Forster (Hibs)
Robertson (Hull)

Mcleod(Brentford)
Fulton (Swansea)

Gauld (Sporting)
Scougall (Sheffield United)
Allan(Hibs)

Harper (Real Madrid)

Tynie01011973
09-02-2015, 08:40 PM
No Celtic or The Rangers players in your team - so highly unlikely :wink:

Michael
09-02-2015, 08:45 PM
I reckon (much like that England side) that there will only be between 1 and 3 of those players you (or most other people) have picked that actually play for Scotland in 2025. Guys like Gauld look promising prospects...but so few stand-out youngsters actually have the careers they were predicted to have. For this reason, I'll be putting myself down for the Scotland 2025 National Football team.

MartinfaePorty
09-02-2015, 09:13 PM
I remember about 20 years ago John Lambie did the same for the Sunday Times. IIRC the team contained Craig Nelson in goals and Steven Tweed at centre half!

hibeemikey21
09-02-2015, 09:16 PM
I feel like I'm the only person on the world who doesn't buy the hype with Jordan McGhee! Never been overly impressed by him.

Re the jambo youths - Calum Paterson will make it big in my opinion.

Stevie Reid
09-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Seen on facebook a thing about what the daily mail thought the england team would be now, from 10 years ago. Some interesting inclusions with theo walcott the only current international in that side. what do you think the scotland team will be in 2025??

Jordan Archer (Spurs)
McGhee (Hearts)
Souttar (Dundee Utd)
Forster (Hibs)
Robertson (Hull)

Mcleod(Brentford)
Fulton (Swansea)

Gauld (Sporting)
Scougall (Sheffield United)
Allan(Hibs)

Harper (Real Madrid)

Theo Walcott will be 35 in ten years - did they say why they thought he'd be there? Once his pace goes he'll be much less effective.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Theo Walcott will be 35 in ten years - did they say why they thought he'd be there? Once his pace goes he'll be much less effective.

He'll probably be Injured then

overdrive
09-02-2015, 09:33 PM

10 years ago not from now

Stevie Reid
09-02-2015, 09:38 PM
10 years ago not from now

My apologies!

Mibbes Aye
09-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I remember about 20 years ago John Lambie did the same for the Sunday Times. IIRC the team contained Craig Nelson in goals and Steven Tweed at centre half!

I'll raise that to 30 years and a feature in the Daily Record. I can barely remember it now but Fraser Wishart was one of the full-backs

From memory he had just burst on the scene with Motherwell and was going to be the new Danny McGrain :greengrin

since90plustwo
09-02-2015, 10:03 PM
I feel like I'm the only person on the world who doesn't buy the hype with Jordan McGhee! Never been overly impressed by him.

Re the jambo youths - Calum Paterson will make it big in my opinion.

im the same but the lad is 18 and has already captained the u21s so theres got to be something im missing aswell! I do rate his composure on the ball, again its hard to forget that he is only 18 playing at probably the most physically demanding position on the park. Still a smelly yam at the end of the day

Centre Hawf
09-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Liam Kelly (Rangers)

Patterson (Hertz)
Souttar (Dundee Utd)
McGhee (Hertz)
Robertson (Hull)

Fulton (Swansea)
MacLeod (Brentford)
Gauld (Sporting Lisbon)
McGregor (Celtic)

May (Sheffield Wednesday)
Cummings (The Cabbage)

Just a rough team. I'll no doubt get it all wrong and somehow Colin Nish pulls on his boots for the 2026 qualifiers just to spite me.

Unseen work
10-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Very hard to say as look at youngsters with massive potential that have went south and it's not worked out

Wilson to Liverpool
Goodwillie to Blackburn
Griffiths to wolves
Allan to west brom
Fyvie to Wigan
Liam Miller to United (I know he's irish)
John fleck was meant to be the next rooney?!

Fair enough some have came back up and are doing well now but still.

I think the following have a real chance

Callum Patterson- hearts
Jack grimmer - Fulham
Lewis macloud - Brentford
Ryan gauld - sporting Lisbon
Ryan jack - aberdeen
Robertson - hull
Sam Nicholson - hearts
Cummings???

PISTOL1875
10-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Don't forget Liam Henderson and Callum McGregor from Celtic.