PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with the other two forwards

ahibby
09-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Anyone know when the Morrocan guy will be back fit and Malonga when is he due back. What's going to happen with them when they do return. We have Cummings, Boyle, Dje Dje and those two, could they make the new Hibs famous five?

IrnBru22
09-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Malonga has been back training for a while but was suspended against arbroath. I expect him To start against the rangers

ahibby
09-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Malonga has been back training for a while but was suspended against arbroath. I expect him To start against the rangers

Who do you think AS will drop to get Malonga back in? Who do you think will be the best two strikers to have on out of the five?

Geo_1875
09-02-2015, 12:05 PM
I imagine that there will be big decisions to made after watching them train this week. Malonga and Cummings were scoring regularly when playing together. Djedje looked decent on Saturday. Boyle injects a lot of pace upfront. This game will be too soon for El Alagoui.

Northernhibee
09-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I think it would be harsh to drop Djedje.

overdrive
I think you could go with any two from Malonga, Dja Djedje, Cummings and El Alagui (when fully fit). Boyle is probably more of a squad player though he does offer more pace than any of the other four.

Diclonius
I would play Malonga and Cummings.

worcesterhibby
09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
with either two on the pitch I'm excited about our options off the bench. Personally I think we have 4 better strikers than Rangers this Friday.

--------
09-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Why should this be a problem?

Stubbs will have Jason, Dom, Martin and JayJay fit for Friday, and Farid is getting back to fitness and will probably be available for the last 4-6 weeks of the season, all being well.

he ain't gonna play all five at once, that's for sure.

ahibby
09-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Why should this be a problem?

Stubbs will have Jason, Dom, Martin and JayJay fit for Friday, and Farid is getting back to fitness and will probably be available for the last 4-6 weeks of the season, all being well.

he ain't gonna play all five at once, that's for sure.

Was Farid not supposed to be ready for February? Do you know if he's suffered a set back?

Vault Boy
09-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Was Farid not supposed to be ready for February? Do you know if he's suffered a set back?

He supposedly went from making a faster than expected recover to a bit of a plateau in his progress, but that could simply mean he's back on schedule rather than ahead of it, although I don't know what stage he is at myself. With the strength in the squad I'd imagine that Farid will be given every chance to recover fully without us being in desperate need to draft him back into the squad. Really glad that we have Malonga back for the game on Friday, he offers a very different dynamic to the other forwards, and whilst the team has done well in his absence, I think he'll add a lot to the team on his return.

greenlex
09-02-2015, 12:42 PM
He will go with Malonga and Dje Dje.

Andy74
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd give Cummings a wee rest.

I think Malonga and Djedje would do a bit of damage.

California-Hibs
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
And drop the Championship top goal scorer? Would be a very bizarre decision.

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 12:45 PM

You think? Cummings will start for me and I thibk Malonga may well be upfront too. Either way can't see him going with Dje Dje and Malonga!

Andy74
09-02-2015, 12:45 PM
And drop the Championship top goal scorer? Would be a very bizarre decision.

I think if any of Malonga, Farid or Djedje had played all season they'd have scored more. Not that bizarre.

Smartie
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Anyone know when the Morrocan guy will be back fit and Malonga when is he due back. What's going to happen with them when they do return. We have Cummings, Boyle, Dje Dje and those two, could they make the new Hibs famous five?

I know he's been out a while but surely we still remember Farid's name?

In all seriousness I think it's a really, really tough call. As a team I think we've looked strongest with Cummings and Malonga up there. Boyle adds something totally different though (and I could see him giving the The Rangers carthorses nightmares) and whilst Dje-Dje looked a bit rusty on Saturday he clearly has bucket loads of ability and could be an excellent player.

Great problem to have.

Brightside
09-02-2015, 12:48 PM

Do you not read papers, or any updates on Hibs during the season? :greengrin He's fine. Back in light training. Hopefully in the Dev squad in 10 days or do..

He was in the West stand on Sat - he really shouldnt be eating those pies!

greenlex
09-02-2015, 12:54 PM
You think? Cummings will start for me and I thibk Malonga may well be upfront too. Either way can't see him going with Dje Dje and Malonga!

Aye there have been a few instances in the last couple of games where Stubbs has been raging at Jason. Against Raith he was subbed shortly after.Very little seems to stick to him either. This is a tough game and I think he will be on the bench and coming on with 20 to go.

Nevi_SOL
09-02-2015, 12:55 PM

cummings has caused the rangers big problems last 2 games against them and is top scorer

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Boyle .... probably fastest of the four, but doesn't look like he will score a lot.

Cummings .... he scores a fair bit, but he simply must learn to get his head over the ball and control his shooting. As he does a lot he cut in from the right on Saturday and made room for a shot, I said to my mate "this is going over the bar" ... Jason duly obliged as he does 9 times out of 10 in that position.

Malonga .... Has a lazy style which can be quite annoying, but has a happy knack of scoring, cant argue with that.

El Alagui ... Was brilliant at Ibrox and fell away a wee bit after that ... looks like he will score though.

Djedje .... Looks to me like he prefers to play out right , took his goal well on Saturday .. too soon to tell.

Or to answer the OP ..... nae idea :greengrin

kentao
09-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Drop Craig and play with 3 strikers, Newcastle couldnae score in a whore house and cannae defend for toffee. 4-3-3 all out attack We have 3 quick srikers in cummings, boyle, dje dje who could play brilliantly off Malonga.

Looking forward to the game on Friday :flag:

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Aye there have been a few instances in the last couple of games where Stubbs has been raging at Jason. Against Raith he was subbed shortly after.Very little seems to stick to him either. This is a tough game and I think he will be on the bench and coming on with 20 to go.

See I think he's our most dangerous striker. He's also top scorer so I just can't see it myself. Dje Dje looks alright but his distribution was poor on sat. Suppose we will find out soon enough though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
:aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok:

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Drop Craig and play with 3 strikers, Newcastle couldnae score in a whore house and cannae defend for toffee. 4-3-3 all out attack We have 3 quick srikers in cummings, boyle, dje dje who could play brilliantly off Malonga.

Looking forward to the game on Friday :flag:Awful idea, 4-3-3 does NOT involve 3 pure forwards and why change the formation that has had us winning this season.

Same team that pumped them 4-0, Malonga back in for Dje Dje.

southern hibby
09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
I'd leave out Boyle as I would love to see him run at defenders I'n the last 30 min when they start to tire. I really do feel he would make space.

GGTTH

scoopyboy
09-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Play the team that humped them 4-0.

Andy74
09-02-2015, 01:25 PM
See I think he's our most dangerous striker. He's also top scorer so I just can't see it myself. Dje Dje looks alright but his distribution was poor on sat. Suppose we will find out soon enough though!

In goals to games he's not the forward who scores most often though.

Dom has 11 in 14 starts (15 appearances)

Farid has 4 in 6

Djedje has 1 in 1 (3 appearances)

Cummings has 14 in 33 (47 appearances)

Boyle has 1 in 4 (5 appearances)

Good problem to have though.

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Farid has 4 in 6

Malonga really does have a cracking record! I was meaning Jason is one of the highest goal scorers in the league if not the highest?

As you say a very good problem to have which can only be a good thing for Stubbs [emoji106]

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Play the team that humped them 4-0.

Defo Scoops that's the team is play.

S4uzee
09-02-2015, 01:58 PM

With no Mcgeouch? Good to be able to have this debate about a Hibs team for a change :greengrin

ahibby
09-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Djedje and Farid play together. I have a feeling that Djedje out wide will put in some of the best crosses we will have seen at ER for a long time while Farid is the kind of player to put the crosses away. Other than that, as has been said it is a nice problem for the manager to have and might well be a case of horses for courses. I hope we can hang on to four of them for next season anyway.

B.H.F.C
09-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Not for me. That would mean leaving McGeough out.

The_Sauz
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
We could play with 3 up front and drop Oxly(sp)? I don't see why we should have someone stand around doing nothing all night :greengrin

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 03:00 PM

I would assume that would happen. Personally think Djedje still needs more games though Boyle I think would be a decent sub given his pace.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Djedje and Farid play together. I have a feeling that Djedje out wide will put in some of the best crosses we will have seen at ER for a long time while Farid is the kind of player to put the crosses away. Other than that, as has been said it is a nice problem for the manager to have and might well be a case of horses for courses. I hope we can hang on to four of them for next season anyway.

Based on what? :confused:

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 03:10 PM

I would genuinely be surprised if Dylan didnt start.Handling started that game so not sure that will happen as has had little game time recently. Dont see Fyfie starting.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:11 PM
McGeoch has to start as he will be well up for this match and he has pace and skill that can hurt The Rangers. Up top I'd play Malonga and cummings. Boyle can come on with his pace in the last 20 should the game no be going our way along with Djede.

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 03:15 PM
I would genuinely be surprised if Dylan didnt start.Handling started that game so not sure that will happen as has had little game time recently. Dont see Fyfie starting.

Looking at it I actually think your right. Dylan must start as I think we are a quicker side with him in it!

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Looking at it I actually think your right. Dylan must start as I think we are a quicker side with him in it!

As Saturday clearly showed. Game changed when he came on.

Aldo
09-02-2015, 03:42 PM
I would play this team

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

Robertson

Allan McGeoch Craig

Cummings Malonga

Malonga was playing well and tbh I think Cummings has missed playing alongside him.

So a 4-1-3-2 formation

Big L
09-02-2015, 03:44 PM
For me Malonga has to start, Cummings is brilliant at making space for himself in the box, but his goals to chances ratio is poor. He could have had 4 or 5 on Saturday, needs to convert more.

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I would play this team

Oxley

Robertson

Allan McGeoch Craig

Cummings Malonga

Malonga was playing well and tbh I think Cummings has missed playing alongside him.

So a 4-1-3-2 formation

I would be surprised if that wasnt the team. Only query may be whether Malonga is in good enough shape to start given his travels. Might also be an outside chance of Fyfie for Craig but would be surprised.

brog
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM

I think he'll be competing for a spot with the Congolese gadgy, The Ivorian bloke & the wee radge from Edinburgh! Honest Farid, we haven't forgotten you!!

frazeHFC
09-02-2015, 03:51 PM

:agree:

Aldo
09-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I would be surprised if that wasnt the team. Only query may be whether Malonga is in good enough shape to start given his travels. Might also be an outside chance of Fyfie for Craig but would be surprised.

Jim, Malonga should be up for it big time as he's not played much. He's also been back long enough to of recovered.

We will have pace on the bench with Boyle and Franck. Looking forward to it but hope the team I've mentioned starts. It's our strongest at the moment.

ancient hibee
09-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Malonga and Dje Dje upfront-Cummings on the bench-Farid not to play again this season is my guess.

erin go bragh
09-02-2015, 05:26 PM
I would play this team

Oxley

Robertson

Allan McGeoch Craig

Cummings Malonga

So a 4-1-3-2 formation

Id swap Craig with Fyvie .

Ggtth

ekhibee
09-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Again contrary to some on here, I would play Djedje, I think he's got a lot of ability and he offers something different for Sevco to deal with. If El Alagoui was fit I'd put him in as well, but I think they'll go for Cummings and Malonga. The midfield might battle might be interesting, the only Sevco players that I thought played well enough against Raith were Vukhic and Hutton. Just my opinion though.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Got plenty of games coming up with the cup run. Going to have at least 2 midweek games in March, home to Livvi and away to Dumbarton. Going to Alan to use all his players. Going to be a huge number of games in May if we are fortunate to make the play off and cup final.

Aldo
09-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Id swap Craig with Fyvie . Ggtth

I by my own admittance was not a fan of Craig's after last years debacle but he adds balance to the team being a leftie. Not sure Fyvie is fit enough.

But either way we've got a very decent and strong team.

scoopyboy
09-02-2015, 08:19 PM

Oops, I forgot Dylan wasn't playing.

McGeouch in for Handling from the 4-0 game.

portycabbage
09-02-2015, 08:47 PM

Farid has 4 in 6

Cummings has 12 in 18 starts in the league this season (or 11 goals if the hattrick was denied), so his overall average is affected by coming into a poor team in the premier league under Butcher and having had no first team football, while the rest have only played for us this season (having had first team games elsewhere/Stubbs team/Championship opposition).

I'd go with Malonga and Cummings up front, as I think they compliment each other best at the moment.

GreenOnions
09-02-2015, 09:25 PM
cummings has caused the rangers big problems last 2 games against them and is top scorer

I think this is quite an important point and I'd start him at Ibrox alongside Malonga for that very reason.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Id swap Craig with Fyvie .

Ggtth

Not for me, still untested and lacking match sharpness and to be honest i didn't think he got into the game a lot on saturday and kind of shat it from a few 50/50 challenges. No doubt once he's up to speed he'll be a decent signing. A run out in the under 20s tomorrow would do him no harm at all.

--------
10-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Do you not read papers, or any updates on Hibs during the season? :greengrin He's fine. Back in light training. Hopefully in the Dev squad in 10 days or do..

He was in the West stand on Sat - he really shouldnt be eating those pies!

Sorry - I was under the impression that his recovery had slowed and that we wouldn't likely see him back until late in March at the earliest.

But 'back in light training' doesn't equate with 'fine' in my book. Not in terms of being ready or soon to be ready to play.

portyhibernian
10-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Malonga and Cummings should start, was working well before Malonga went Africa, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

ahibby
10-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Based on what? :confused:

His first game, came on near the end and whipped in a cross that your old fashioned centre forward such as Alan Gordon, Tony Higgins etc would have buried. Unfortunately it's been a long time since we've seen those kind of goals fly in. Anyway it's a prediction which only has a chance of coming to fruition if the two I mentioned are played together with Djedje occasionally going out wide on the right. I hope I'm proved right but only time will tell.

ahibby
10-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Sorry - I was under the impression that his recovery had slowed and that we wouldn't likely see him back until late in March at the earliest.

But 'back in light training' doesn't equate with 'fine' in my book. Not in terms of being ready or soon to be ready to play.

Yes this is my feeling about it and might explain the addition of Djedje, but I'm not sure that Jason and Dominique will feed off him in the way that I feel Farid would/will. It's just my idea of an ideal twinning sometimes and my ideas aren't always the best but sometimes I get it right. As you can tell I'm purring at the thought of having both of them appear together now and again.

--------
10-02-2015, 11:25 AM
His first game, came on near the end and whipped in a cross that your old fashioned centre forward such as Alan Gordon, Tony Higgins etc would have buried. Unfortunately it's been a long time since we've seen those kind of goals fly in. Anyway it's a prediction which only has a chance of coming to fruition if the two I mentioned are played together with Djedje occasionally going out wide on the right. I hope I'm proved right but only time will tell.

TONY HIGGINS? :rolleyes:

Alan Gordon, aye, but Higgins jumped for crosses like a ruptured duck.

In black bean sauce. :bitchy:

Unseen work
10-02-2015, 11:48 AM
I always think cummings gets quite a lot of stick considering his age and how well he had played this season/goals scored

lord bunberry
10-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Cummings has to play, it's about who partners him.

hhibs
10-02-2015, 12:02 PM
TONY HIGGINS? :rolleyes:

Alan Gordon, aye, but Higgins jumped for crosses like a ruptured duck.

In black bean sauce. :bitchy:

:tee hee:

Alex Trager
10-02-2015, 12:08 PM
It will be interesting to see who plays. Id like it to be Jase and Dom.

They two have provided the most entertainment for us this season, when playing together. They've come to understand each other.

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Great problem to have. For The Rangers I'd go with:

Oxley

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson

Fyvie.............................Allan

McGeoch

Cummings Malonga

Albanian Hibs
10-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Has to be Malonga and Cummings

10-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Great problem to have. For The Rangers I'd go with:

Oxley

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson

Fyvie.............................Allan

McGeoch

Cummings Malonga

:agree:

Stevie Reid
10-02-2015, 04:09 PM
I thought in the second half on Saturday that Cummings and Djedje were showing signs of a good understanding, but in Cummings and Malonga we have a partnership that has yielded a combined 24 goals in 43 appearances.

Given that Friday is one of our biggest games of the season, they simply have to start if they are both fit. Rangers will fear them.

Andy74
10-02-2015, 05:08 PM
It will be interesting to see who plays. Id like it to be Jase and Dom.

They two have provided the most entertainment for us this season, when playing together. They've come to understand each other.

Has everyone forgotten that Cummings and Malonga barely pass the ball to each other!

I think Jason is shading a wee bit and could do with a rest. I think Djedje was the better of the pair on Saturday.

Alex Trager
10-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Has everyone forgotten that Cummings and Malonga barely pass the ball to each other!

I think Jason is shading a wee bit and could do with a rest. I think Djedje was the better of the pair on Saturday.

Id say they play well together to be honest?

Hibi
10-02-2015, 05:16 PM
i thought Jason looked kind of tired on Saturday, looked a little leggy and may benefit from a rest. We have to remember he's a young lad who is only playing regular first team level for the first time in what has been a big step up. Therefore I'd be tempted to play malonga and dje dje

JimBHibees
11-02-2015, 11:46 AM

Farid pictured training with the team this morning. Sounds like good news.

https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/565487659578318848/photo/1

ahibby
11-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Great news! I know he isn't going to be at his best straight away but I'm looking forward to seeing him again this season sometime.

matty_f
11-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Would go with Cummings and Malonga then being Boyle of the bench to hit them with his pace.

JimBHibees
11-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Would go with Cummings and Malonga then being Boyle of the bench to hit them with his pace.

Agree with that just hope Malonga is up to speed after his trip away as he has the class to rip them a new one like the last time we played there.

--------
11-02-2015, 12:33 PM

Great news. :agree:

Billy Whizz
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Great news. :agree:

Brilliant news

Aldo
11-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Farid pictured training with the team this morning. Sounds like good news. https://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/565487659578318848/photo/1

Excellent news!! He'll be raring to go. Will give us another dimension in the final 3rd and will be like a new player!

Billy Whizz
11-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Excellent news!! He'll be raring to go. Will give us another dimension in the final 3rd and will be like a new player!
Big Farid

http://vimeo.com/hibs/review/119352450/9f888b369c

Aldo
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
http://vimeo.com/hibs/review/119352450/9f888b369c

Looking good. Cannot however be rushed back! I am really looking forward to his return!

Billy Whizz
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Looking good. Cannot however be rushed back! I am really looking forward to his return!

Aldo, I know, but a real positive that he's back training with the 1st team

Aldo
11-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Aldo, I know, but a real positive that he's back training with the 1st team

Sure is.... Mind you if he is fit then only he and the management team/physio/Dr's etc will know where's he's at in terms of fitness.

Think the whole squad/club will get a boost!

I for one am really looking forward to his return!

Bobby's Cinema
11-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Cummings can lack composure at times, but he's the one that will shoot from anywhere and he seems to be a big game player so IMO It's about who partners him.

HibbyAndy
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Cummings plays, Its about who partners him.

Andy74
11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Cummings plays, Its about who partners him.

Not so sure, although maybe with Malonga just back and Djedje still bedding in that's the case this week.

Malonga's scoring record is exceptional and I'd say that if any of Farid, Malonga or Djedje had been fit and available all season any one of them could also have been the league's top scorer so whilst Cummings is, I dont think that means he is the best striker at the club.

I think he also needs a rest and I am sure Stubbs will have that in mind at some stage.