PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Pearson

ekhibee
09-02-2015, 10:51 AM
I see he hasn't been sacked after all, fair dues. Still, the incident on Saturday was really bizarre, I wondered what that was all about?

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I see he hasn't been sacked after all, fair dues. Still, the incident on Saturday was really bizarre, I wondered what that was all about?

That incident with James McArthur was bizarre and left me with the impression of a man who had lost the plot. Anybody who has been in that situation where someone wont let you go will know that your instinct if to lash out, McArthur did pretty well to keep his cool if you ask me.

ekhibee
09-02-2015, 11:27 AM
That incident with James McArthur was bizarre and left me with the impression of a man who had lost the plot. Anybody who has been in that situation where someone wont let you go will know that your instinct if to lash out, McArthur did pretty well to keep his cool if you ask me.
Yep, McArthur didn't do anything wrong. I don't know if it had something to do with them trying to sign him last season, but even so, Pearson's behaviour was really strange to say the least.

--------
09-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Yep, McArthur didn't do anything wrong. I don't know if it had something to do with them trying to sign him last season, but even so, Pearson's behaviour was really strange to say the least.

Football management a la mode du Terence Butcher?

That was assault, and in most professions Pearson would have already been charged and suspended.

Alan Pardew was disciplined for an assault on a Hull player last season. I don't see why there should be any different approach just because McArthur is a Leicester player and Pearson is his boss.

Whatever he said (or is alleged to have said, rather), Pearson wasn't justified in grabbing his shirt and physically manhandling him to the ground.

If I was McArthur I'd be talking seriously to my agent and a good lawyer.

Andy74
09-02-2015, 11:44 AM

That was assault, and in most professions Pearson would have already been charged and suspended.

Alan Pardew was disciplined for an assault on a Hull player last season. I don't see why there should be any different approach just because McArthur is a Leicester player and Pearson is his boss.

Whatever he said (or is alleged to have said, rather), Pearson wasn't justified in grabbing his shirt and physically manhandling him to the ground.

Nah, I think it was light hearted, they fell over, there is some banter and laughing on the ground when he pretends to grab his throat. It's when they get up whatever was said he has gone back to grab him but there's not much in it. From what I've seen he didn't manhandle him to the ground following that?

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 11:46 AM

Erm ... McArthur plays for Crystal Palace mate.

ekhibee
09-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Nah, I think it was light hearted, they fell over, there is some banter and laughing on the ground when he pretends to grab his throat. It's when they get up whatever was said he has gone back to grab him but there's not much in it. From what I've seen he didn't manhandle him to the ground following that?
I don't know about that Andy, here's the clip. Pearson's interview just adds to the weirdness of it. I actually thought it was a bit creepy.

http://youtu.be/mcvxjlTyf5k

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2015, 11:57 AM

I think it started off light hearted. Pearsons claiming MacArthur said something to him but it's forgotten about and he can look after himself.

He looks a nut job and acted like one.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2015, 12:22 PM
I think it started off light hearted. Pearsons claiming MacArthur said something to him but it's forgotten about and he can look after himself.

That's my take on it having watched the video.

Starts off light hearted but escalates quite quickly. Looks like McArthur says something to him, maybe doesn't take the throat grab as a 'joke', and Pearson tightens his grip then hold his shirt.

In fairness if McCarthur wants to get away Pearson isn't holding him that tightly. Think he was making sure it was noticed.

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 12:40 PM
That's my take on it having watched the video.

Starts off light hearted but escalates quite quickly. Looks like McArthur says something to him, maybe doesn't take the throat grab as a 'joke', and Pearson tightens his grip then hold his shirt.

In fairness if McCarthur wants to get away Pearson isn't holding him that tightly. Think he was making sure it was noticed.

The only way McCarthur could pull away is if he either hits Pearsons arm and that would earn a red! Or yank his top and that may make it worse! He done well to stay cool. Pearson is 100% in the wrong and I think he is furious at getting knocked to the ground! He's not finding anything about it funny and should be fined!

superfurryhibby
09-02-2015, 01:22 PM
The only way McCarthur could pull away is if he either hits Pearsons arm and that would earn a red! Or yank his top and that may make it worse! He done well to stay cool. Pearson is 100% in the wrong and I think he is furious at getting knocked to the ground! He's not finding anything about it funny and should be fined!

Agree that Pearson acted like a tool and that McArthur did well to keep calm. That could have ended up very messy. As a point aside, if they had a spat and McArthur had been sent off then that would have suited Pearson fine. Losing a manager to the stand is nothing, a player off can be a game changer. Not saying that was in Pearson's mind , but he clearly has less to lose in the moment. Personally, I would have nutted him the moment I was back on my feet:greengrin

Platinum Scotty
09-02-2015, 01:27 PM

Agree 100%, he looked utterly demonic at times during that - behave like that in the non sporting world and its behaviour with intent to intimidate.

Seriously flawed reaction to an accident, and not the slighest sign of remorse or apology

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Agree that Pearson acted like a tool and that McArthur did well to keep calm. That could have ended up very messy. As a point aside, if they had a spat and McArthur had been sent off then that would have suited Pearson fine. Losing a manager to the stand is nothing, a player off can be a game changer. Not saying that was in Pearson's mind , but he clearly has less to lose in the moment. Personally, I would have nutted him the moment I was back on my feet:greengrin

That's a good point! Maybe he was hoping for a reaction to get him sent off. Haha you and me both!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
09-02-2015, 01:35 PM
It was handbags. The only thing he's done wrong is pull his shirt, the first part were he grabs him by the throat is done as a joke.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2015, 01:42 PM

Which i think is strange because the whole thing made me laugh. :greengrin

Thecat23
09-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Which i think is strange because the whole thing made me laugh. :greengrin

[emoji1] I think most do. I think there is some sexual tension there myself between them!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
09-02-2015, 03:47 PM
It was handbags. The only thing he's done wrong is pull his shirt, the first part were he grabs him by the throat is done as a joke.

You think? didn't look like it to me, I'm with a couple of the guys on here, would've nutted him as soon as I got up.

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 03:49 PM
You think? didn't look like it to me, I'm with a couple of the guys on here, would've nutted him as soon as I got up.

Probably not the best career move for McArthur to make :greengrin , he did exactly the right thing by not reacting to Pearson.

Nameless
09-02-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm in the spark him out camp. McArthur done well not to react, but bullies deserve a sore face, ans that is all that Pearson is.

craigmounthibby
09-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Pearson is an arrogant tool and an embarrassment to his football club.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2015, 06:55 PM
You would wonder if Pearson doesn't have a word with himself. Mind when Jim McLean went radge at that reporter. Was the beginning of the end of his credibility.

overdrive
09-02-2015, 07:32 PM

Huh? McArthur doesn't play for Leicester.

Oops..other people have pointed that out.

lord bunberry
09-02-2015, 08:13 PM

It looks like he's laughing when he's doing it

superfurryhibby
09-02-2015, 08:37 PM
It looks like he's laughing when he's doing it

The smiling assassin:greengrin

lord bunberry
09-02-2015, 08:38 PM
The smiling assassin:greengrin

Maybe, he could be laughing whilst saying I'm going to ****ing kill you :greengrin

superfurryhibby
09-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Maybe, he could be laughing whilst saying I'm going to ****ing kill you :greengrin

Something like that. A bizarre incident really. I always thought Pearson looked quite hard. I remember him vaguely as a player but don't recall that he was particularly psycho in disposition?

Craig_HFC
09-02-2015, 08:49 PM
He is a f*****g nutter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10610721/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-happy-to-keep-away-from-the-pack-at-top-of-the-Championship.html

hfc rd
09-02-2015, 09:50 PM
I wonder if the authorities will look into this.

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2015, 09:54 PM
He is a f*****g nutter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10610721/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-happy-to-keep-away-from-the-pack-at-top-of-the-Championship.html

Wow - I'd have shat myself.

He is the guy that leant against the post and had a kip in injury time at old Trafford isn't he?