PDA

View Full Version : Who is all getting tickets for home end at Ibrox.

silverhibee
08-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Is it a PATG or do you have to order tickets through there ticket office, if we could all get tickets for one section in the ground so that we are safe in numbers as we can be.

Thoughts.

Who's up for it.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Home end surely? I already have a ticket for away end:cb

Gavin1875
08-02-2015, 07:17 PM
It's like the Tartan Army Message Board before an away game

Will we get in with kilts on??

silverhibee
08-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Home end surely? I already have a ticket for away end:cb

Yep, my mistake :greengrin meant to say home end, if a nice admin could change it please. :greengrin

DH1875
08-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Ive done it before and its not something I'd recommend to be honest.

silverhibee
08-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Ta Admin. :thumbsup:

DC_Hibs
08-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Seen it twice at Frankfurt games with same outcome where away fans were banned.

Frankfurt fans were banned for a game at Union Berlin and away end was left empty. About 1500-2000 bought home end tickets, once the game started they congregated near to away section and ended up climbing fences into away end with polizei and stewards leaving them to it rather than start a rammy. Home fans were sympathetic though due - many of the tickets were arranged through Union Ultras - due to mutual dislike of the football authorities....and Polizei.

Dresden also did it in Frankfurt as well when banned. There were well over a thousand of them in various home sections and did the same at the start of the game.

Obviously wear no colours, stay in your small group when inside then when whistle goes to start the game, everyone head over towards the away end - which will have empty sections - where you will soon be picked up by stewards or police.

Unfortunately there would be tens of you rather than thousands and more liable to be horsed out and a lot more likely to get bother from the home fan(nie)s.

If the police got wind of this it may trigger a change of mind on giving another three or four hundred tickets that would cover demand.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Ive done it before and its not something I'd recommend to be honest.

I've done it twice there, and it wasn't ideal, however, given the low attendance Today, I would imagine being in their end on Friday, will be a stroll in the park, pick your seat well away from them....

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2015, 07:42 PM
I've done it twice there, and it wasn't ideal, however, given the low attendance Today, I would imagine being in their end on Friday, will be a stroll in the park, pick your seat well away from them....

We could maybe get an entire upper tier to ourselves if today is anything to go by 😊

Ronniekirk
08-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Is it a PATG or do you have to order tickets through there ticket office, if we could all get tickets for one section in the ground so that we are safe in numbers as we can be.

Thoughts.

Who's up for it.
Given they are skint they have a portacabin selling tickets before the game .its cash only you can't pay buy credit card Don't see them asking for proof you have purchased tickets before given current situation .

bingo70
08-02-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm guessing season tickets didn't count today?

Will be a lot busier on Friday in case anyone's considering it.

3pm
08-02-2015, 07:53 PM

Thoughts.

Who's up for it.

Brave man SdGP!!

Ronniekirk
08-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm guessing season tickets didn't count today?

Will be a lot busier on Friday in case anyone's considering it.
Unless they are coming to protest or watch the hibs I think they will struggle to get a big crowd when game is on TV What was the crowd for Hearts game that was Abandinded

Billy Whizz
08-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Unless they are coming to protest or watch the hibs I think they will struggle to get a big crowd when game is on TV What was the crowd for Hearts game that was Abandinded

Ronnie, do you mean the crowd in side or outside the ground? Seemed to be as many struggling to get through as there were in the ground at KO

S4uzee
08-02-2015, 08:23 PM
Would probably rather sit among hearts fans than that lot

Cabbage East
08-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Few of us doing it, Rangers have given us no choice.

G-Reg
08-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Myself plus another 3 are probably going to do the same.

hibs0666
08-02-2015, 08:49 PM
Club deck sparsely populated - no need to sit amongst them in that part of the ground.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Club deck sparsely populated - no need to sit amongst them in that part of the ground.

A better class of **** sit there

Ronniekirk
08-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Ronnie, do you mean the crowd in side or outside the ground? Seemed to be as many struggling to get through as there were in the ground at KO

I have no doubt that thete will be another large protest on Friday given cameras are thete, they are out both cups , and it's a Friday night so there could well be more hangers on looking for trouble than thete was today .
I don't think they will be turning up in big numbers to support the team but as we are their main threat for second they may rally round in hope they can get a draw which would be seen as a victory given there last two defeats
Think anyone going to the game needs to be vigilant and be more aware of trouble than when we last visited

hfc rd
08-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Would probably rather sit among hearts fans than that lot

Me too.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2015, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't thank you for a seat in the home end at Ibrox.

Hannah_hfc
08-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Has anyone considered Hibs might get fined or sanctioned for this if trouble end up kicking off as a result?

Nakedmanoncrack
08-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Did it in 1991, shortly after we had beaten them in League Cup semi final, think we had half of bottom of Broomloan, were quite a few of us in the upper, some got thrown out after celebrating taking the lead- Micky Weir I think, I lasted the full 90 despite being 'outed'.

hfc rd
08-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Has anyone considered Hibs might get fined or sanctioned for this if trouble end up kicking off as a result?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-02-2015, 09:23 PM

:faf:

Can anyone point me to an instance where we have been fined or sanctioned over trouble at game? Still it might happen one day.

Brooster
08-02-2015, 09:27 PM
I've done it twice at a packed Ibrox which was rather tricky especially the time I got recognised! Sitting in the home end on Friday will be easy enough I would imagine because you'll be able to sit on your tod in an empty space.

givescotlandfreedom
08-02-2015, 09:31 PM
So a situation potentially more volatile is caused by Sevco's refusal to release more seats on safety grounds. What a nonsense. Hopefully there'll only be Hibees left in Ibrox by half time!

Bronson
08-02-2015, 09:36 PM
Good on anyone going in the home end, if I never had a ticket for the away end I'd probably join you.

Don't hesitate in celebrating every hibs goal either. f*** them.

Shouldn't be too hard getting a seat away from Rangers fans even in the home end, it'll be another horrific crowd I think. 11,000 they had today, woeful support from the fans who 'don't do walking away'.

trev the hat
08-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I'd say the crowd outside Greyskull will be more poisonous than the home crowd in it, don't expect any protection from the weeg old bill should you need it or are found out.
Wouldn't surprise me if Hibs released a statement saying only ticket holders should travel. The Hun hoardes will be feeling it & looking for easy targets. I'd still expect 20k+ sevconians
As said above be vigilant !!

SteveHFC
08-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I'd say the crowd outside Greyskull will be more poisonous than the home crowd in it, don't expect any protection from the weeg old bill should you need it or are found out.
Wouldn't surprise me if Hibs released a statement saying only ticket holders should travel. The Hun hoardes will be feeling it & looking for easy targets. I'd still expect 20k+ sevconians

This. I won't be wearing any colours on Friday.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2015, 10:07 PM

This advice was put in their statement yesterday when they announced that we were getting no additional tickets.

Hibernian Football Club would ask that any Hibernian Supporter not in possession of a match ticket for our allocated section at Ibrox does not travel next Friday.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5177

Cameron1875
08-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Done it once for Rangers 0-1 Man Utd few years ago and it was absolutely brutal. Late Rooney goal had them utterly spewing though:greengrin

Don't think I could do it for a Hibs match but fair play to all who do.

900 tickets leaves people with less choice.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Don't hesitate in celebrating every hibs goal either. f*** them.

I can see why you call yourself Bronson.

erin go bragh
08-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Mind and cover your face in as much blusher as possible or they will spot you a mile off . Also remember to look like you have got a mouthfull of wasps . No for me . Gutted am missing it but couldnie sit with they hun barstewards and keep my mouth shut .

Ggtth

james62
09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Another 2 going in the home end. Crazy situation that we've been put in but I'd rather do this than not go at all.

Bristolhibby
09-02-2015, 10:58 AM

Would it not be the home team who is fined for not controlling the crowd?

J

Bristolhibby
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
The daft thing is, they are skint and we could have sold an extra 1,000 tickets.

No wonder they are ****ed.

J

SlickShoes
09-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Wouldn't go near there place without a ticket to the away end, you are playing with fire if you go in the home end or hang around the entrances before the game.

If we end up beating them again then the atmosphere in there will be poisonous fi they haven't all went home already.

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 11:04 AM
I've done it twice at a packed Ibrox which was rather tricky especially the time I got recognised! Sitting in the home end on Friday will be easy enough I would imagine because you'll be able to sit on your tod in an empty space.

That must have been fun. :greengrin

Can remember doing it at ER one game think it was just after we won the League cup in 91. Came up on the off chance with a mate and could only get a ticket for Dunbar end. Absolutely bottled when I felt myself jumping up when Hibs almost scored, think we lost 3-0 in the end. Not to be recommended.

Hannah_hfc
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Would it not be the home team who is fined for not controlling the crowd?

J
If Hibs got fined for Rangers fans sitting in the home crowd at ER I'd be fuming.

I do recall a few years back when Rangers were going to win the league at ER and Hibs threatened anyone selling them home end tickets would get a ban from ER. I'm not saying the similar will happen on Friday, but segregation is taken seriously by the club's, particularly Category A Fixtures, and if people are caught out in the home end, I can only see Hibs allocation being cut further in future.

Keith_M
09-02-2015, 12:10 PM
I'd do it if I knew there were loads of us going to be in the same section.

What I would say, though, is that sitting as near as possible to the away support is a bad idea. That's where the worst of their Neds all go, so it'd be more likely you'd get trouble.

Broomloand Lower, nearest the Main Stand, is nearly always empty. That's where I'd sit.

Smartie
09-02-2015, 12:31 PM
You're all a lot braver than me.

On my sofa, feet up, beer in hand after having had a takeaway curry watching the Hibees pump the Huns. Lovely stuff.

Sitting amongst purple-faced, furious toothless bigots who are high on hatred for anything to do with their own club or anyone else's club? Trying not to respond when your team scores in case you get your limbs ripped off? Then if we get the result we're looking for (which will make the furious hordes even more furious) trying to get home safely on a Friday night?

Easy one for me.

andyf5
09-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Is there a beam back to ER option? This would surely be a better option as we can gather together, our club gets the money and the risk of violence is reduced.

seanshow
09-02-2015, 01:10 PM
I also had no choice but to sit high in the bigot govan stand when i was younger during a rangers hibs game, got a ticket from the pod thing as it was the only option, tied my Hibs scarf round my waste, it wasnt an enjoyable experience Im sure Super Joe T scored at both ends and we got horsed. :(

If the ground is going to be half empty I wouldn't have a problem with it, just need to be sensible and try and blank out the disgusting songs.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Fair play to all doing this. Try and move as close the Hibs fans on the corner because there will be plenty of space. Gutted they're not giving us more tickets though!

Scott Allan Key
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Is there a beam back to ER option? This would surely be a better option as we can gather together, our club gets the money and the risk of violence is reduced.

Great idea, but I doubt there'd be time to organise this thanks to those who made this poor decision.

bigwheel
09-02-2015, 04:41 PM

They could just open Behind the Goals and earn some money from drinks as people watched it on the telly....

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 04:41 PM
They could just open Behind the Goals and earn some money from drinks as people watched it on the telly....

Someone should put it to Leeaan. I remember attending behind the goals for a beamback against Celtic, probably in Mowbrays era. We lost 3-2 I think but it was a great atmosphere.

Keith_M
09-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Fair play to all doing this. Try and move as close the Hibs fans on the corner because there will be plenty of space. Gutted they're not giving us more tickets though!

Bad idea, that's where all their Neds go.

lucky
09-02-2015, 04:45 PM
The best thing we can do to them is give them another hammering. But it's farce that an away game at the biggest ground in the division is where we've been given the smallest amount of tickets for this season

Hibby70
09-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I've got visions of hundreds of Hibs fans leaping the segregation tarpaulin to safety from the Orc hordes.

Will be like the end of Escape To Victory

andyf5
09-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Someone should put it to Leeaan. I remember attending behind the goals for a beamback against Celtic, probably in Mowbrays era. We lost 3-2 I think but it was a great atmosphere.

Just emailed club to suggest this....

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
:faf:

Can anyone point me to an instance where we have been fined or sanctioned over trouble at game? Still it might happen one day.

Pitch invasion v Celtic, circa 1974, there was also a game at ER where the linesman got hammered by coins thrown from the east. It happens.

SeanWilson
09-02-2015, 06:37 PM

Steven Fletcher screamer of a free kick I think? Was a brilliant atmosphere!

lord bunberry
09-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Bad idea, that's where all their Neds go.

I'm surprised you notice the difference

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 06:55 PM
I remember in the 80s our bus broke down outside the pub on the way to Ibrox ( think it was the Pentland bus ) and we didn't get to the match till about half time. The Copeland road end was being demolished and we ended up surrounded by Current Buns in the away end. I was so pished I ignored them and started shouting on the Hibs. They must have thought I was mental and dangerous coz a wee gap opened up around me and nobody touched me, we were 2 - 0 down by then which probably helped. I was very, very lucky :confused:

Hell mend the The Rangers for their mean spirited and baffling decision on this. Good luck and respect to anybody doing this on Friday .... stay safe http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Me & the lads have got tickets for the home end

Well up for it

Going to be proper naughty

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Folk that are saying they're going in or have tickets for the rangers end are at it imo. Travelling all the way through to maybe not get in or get chucked out or battered. Aye chances......

09-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Away fans are unsafe even in the segregated area at that vile place, can you imagine what it would be like actually sitting in amongst them?! Not to mention what hideous things you could pick up from that vermin. Huns are vile creatures at the best of times but due to their current predicament they seem even more hostile to away fans.

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Folk that are saying they're going in or have tickets for the rangers end are at it imo. Travelling all the way through to maybe not get in or get chucked out or battered. Aye chances......

I will be in the rangers end and I am sure more than a few will be there. I checked out their website and I will get tickets for the club deck. They are £23 for the wing areas of the main stand.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Away fans are unsafe even in the segregated area at that vile place, can you imagine what it would be like actually sitting in amongst them?! Not to mention what hideous things you could pick up from that vermin. Huns are vile creatures at the best of times but due to their current predicament they seem even more hostile to away fans.

Thats just not true at all, out of all the games I've been to at ibrox I've never had, or seen any bother thats not been quickly quelled by the police or stewards and its usually nothing more than exchanges of naughty words near the segregation. Your post is just scaremongering to be honest.

09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Thats just not true at all, out of all the games I've been to at ibrox I've never had, or seen any bother thats not been quickly quelled by the police or stewards and its usually nothing more than exchanges of naughty words near the segregation. Your post is just scaremongering to be honest.

Bombarded with objects and spat at - hardly a pleasant experience so can you imagine what stuff hibs fans would be subjected to if they were actually in with the mutants?!

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Bombarded with objects and spat at - hardly a pleasant experience so can you imagine what stuff hibs fans would be subjected to if they were actually in with the mutants?!
How do you think they will spot us? We will not be wearing green and won't celebrate if Hibs score.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2015, 09:02 PM
How do you think they will spot us? We will not be wearing green and won't celebrate if Hibs score.

You'll be the only ones left at the end

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 09:16 PM

DOH! Never thought of that.

Cabbage East
09-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Wonder if blueisthecolour will be along soon

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 09:33 PM

I think he has walked away from this website and more than likely from the the rangers as well.

Frazerbob
09-02-2015, 09:34 PM

I've probably been to Ibrox at least 50 times, with Hibs fans housed in various areas over the years. I can honestly say I have never been spat on, hit with a coin or had pish thrown at me. It's all a bit of a myth IMO.

I have been verbally abused inside and outside the ground.........every time but laughing at them as they foam at the mouth is all part of the fun.

Carheenlea
09-02-2015, 09:52 PM
I've probably been to Ibrox close to 100 times, with Hibs fans housed in various areas over the years. I can honestly say I have never been spat on, hit with a coin or had pish thrown at me. It's all a bit of a myth IMO.

I have been verbally abused inside and outside the ground.........every time but laughing at them as they foam at the mouth is all part of the fun.

Have seen the odd missile flying around, but certainly never as bad as what many would have us believe. Has anyone been hit by a cup of urine, or know anyone who has?
After saying that now I`ll probably get drenched by a cup of urine falling from above then get my head split open by a 50p piece on Friday night!

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 10:02 PM

Aye, where is blueisthecolour? Our resident current bun has been MIA for a while.

hibs0666
09-02-2015, 11:17 PM

Sue but if there are no currants there to spot you then you'll no be spotted.

hibee_nation
10-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Never had any bother inside but plenty of grief outside. Best laugh was when they put us in their old main stand and the ships flair was set off, they were fairly foaming at the mouth that day, even better when Mickey Weir equalised. :scarf:

Bad Martini
10-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I once sat in the jungle and we won. That got messy and I got emptied. Though it did take Glesgaes finest a while to work out why someone with green and white stripes would be celebrating as the opposition scored.... :greengrin

I reckon sitting with the huns would be just as bad and possibly worse given their rancid, putrid, unhuman, unedecuated, unemployed, biggoted, ugly, related and downright thick fans. That said, pretty much describes the celtc mob anaw :aok:

Fair play to anyone who can sit there and STFU for 90 minutes whilst we slap another four past them without singing yer heid off tho :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The smell...think of the smell! :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
10-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Been in hun end on a few occasions, got spotted every time, think they can smell the soap or fresh clothes, dunno what it is, never had bother though, just a couple of genuine guys coming over and telling us to watch oursels.
Mind you, been punched and spat on by a few of them on ER.

lyonhibs
10-02-2015, 03:05 PM
I've probably been to Ibrox close to 100 times, with Hibs fans housed in various areas over the years. I can honestly say I have never been spat on, hit with a coin or had pish thrown at me. It's all a bit of a myth IMO.

This, although my attendance isn't quite as magnificent/bonkers as yours.

Never been spat on, had things chucked at me or anything of that ilk. A few comedic offers to "meet me outside" and other dubious threats if you sit near the edge of the corner, but nothing worse than that.

Still, wouldn't especially fancy being in there with the mucky *******s though. The subsequent shower with hazmat suit and wire brush would be a bit out of my comfort zone.

dumfrieshibby
10-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Been in the Huns end several times as some of my mates from Dumfries are season ticket holders The cup game , ivans hatrick and when david murphy scored being the most memorable , secret is to sit on your hands for 90 minutes and try not to smile to much when they are arguing with each other its a great feeling

scoopyboy
10-02-2015, 03:23 PM

If you aren't decked out in red, white and blue they will know you're a hibee.

If you aren't joining in singing sectarian bile they will know you're a hibee.

It will be a lot safer than a few years ago but sitting in the home areas could still be dodgy.

Joe Baker II
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM

In the unlikely event this is true I would welcome the theoretical possibility as it might have made Hibs Board fight a bit harder for a sensible allocation of tickets - the statement the website did not exactly suggest they were putting in the extra mile on this. Other than the absurdity of tickets being limited for a game where ground unlikely to be nearful (though think there may be bigger crowd than many at Ibrox recently) There is an incentive for the club to do so; if they were interested in supporters who go to away games people like me might be more likely to get a season ticket again.

I concur with above sentiments that I will not be wearing colours but from experience there will be few problems inside ground if you do not go asking for trouble.

bigwheel
10-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Does anyone remember in the late 70's/early 80's, when the away fans used to go in to the (unsegregated) lower enclosure under the main stand...I recall a day when I was with a small group of Hibs fans there, the match ended up 2-2, with (i think) a McArthur penalty save during the game....myself and a mate ended up mixed in with the mental Rangers fans...by this time we had our scarfs hidden...what we couldn't stop was our yelps of delight when McArthur saved the late penalty...followed by getting chased out of the ground and all the way back to our bus before the end of the game...Ibrox Memories!

Kojock
10-02-2015, 09:32 PM

Because you will be the only ones not celebrating in the unlikely event Der Hun score.

silverhibee
10-02-2015, 10:32 PM
If you aren't decked out in red, white and blue they will know you're a hibee.

If you aren't joining in singing sectarian bile they will know you're a hibee.

It will be a lot safer than a few years ago but sitting in the home areas could still be dodgy.

May wear my blue red & white trainers to throw them of the scent, hope the hoodie covers the green polo top though.

My trainers don't smell by the way. :tee hee:

silverhibee
10-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Because you will be the only ones not celebrating in the unlikely event Der Hun score.

That won't be a problem, they won't score, :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
10-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Looking for two tickets for Friday if anybody can help?

Thecat23
10-02-2015, 10:41 PM
I just don't get this! The game is on tv so why not stay safe and watch it on that? Sitting there not being able to cheer a Hibs goal would defeat the purpose of going IMO. Then if you did cheer face being banned or have your head smacked about!!

It's the away end or pub for me. Anyone in the home end is taking a chance more so with what happened at the hearts game! Out of interest if it kicked off and the police let it run for a few mins would you's blame them for not keeping you's safe? Because glasgow's finest won't be in any hurry to help a hibs fan out believe me!

Ayrshire Hibee
11-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Never had any bother inside but plenty of grief outside. Best laugh was when they put us in their old main stand and the ships flair was set off, they were fairly foaming at the mouth that day, even better when Mickey Weir equalised. :scarf:

Think that was the game Eddie May opened the scoring and Joe McBride missed a sitter to go 2 up......Dave McPherson got them a draw 10mins from time and Alan Rough got MOTM with the best performance ive ever seen by a Hibs Goalie.

I was below in the Rangers enclosure (did that 3 times in the late 80s) and was very scary to say the least

Brightside
11-02-2015, 08:19 AM

He's spot on. Im not a fan of people chucking cans of piss at me. or coins smacking off kids. The police turn a blind eye.

Cabbage East
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I just don't get this! The game is on tv so why not stay safe and watch it on that? Sitting there not being able to cheer a Hibs goal would defeat the purpose of going IMO. Then if you did cheer face being banned or have your head smacked about!!

It's the away end or pub for me. Anyone in the home end is taking a chance more so with what happened at the hearts game! Out of interest if it kicked off and the police let it run for a few mins would you's blame them for not keeping you's safe? Because glasgow's finest won't be in any hurry to help a hibs fan out believe me!

You're missing the point. Why ever bother going to a match when you can watch it on TV then?

Steve20
11-02-2015, 09:06 AM
He's spot on. Im not a fan of people chucking cans of piss at me. or coins smacking off kids. The police turn a blind eye.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen at Ibrox in all the Hibs games that I've been to through there.

It's all a myth. There's no problem inside the ground at all.

lyonhibs
11-02-2015, 09:14 AM
You're missing the point. Why ever bother going to a match when you can watch it on TV then?

There's a difference between watching a match and being able to get fully involved when surrounded by your own fans and sitting surrounded by potentially mentally unstable Huns, sitting on your hands and with your lip buttoned.

Would you say the experience of winning an Edinburgh Derby would be the same sitting in with the Jambos vs. sitting in the Roseburn stand?

oneone73
11-02-2015, 09:42 AM
I don't think I've ever seen that happen at Ibrox in all the Hibs games that I've been to through there.

Never had any bother in the ground either.

hfc-1875
11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
I thought the 2 sections next to our corner were being kept empty? If so all hibs fans in there end should get round there!

HH81
11-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Someone must have one spare for me so i can drive up ☺

scoopyboy
11-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Aye right.

So when I've seen Hibs fans with cuts due to missiles I've imagined it, similarly drenched with liquids although I think Coke more than urine.

Not too far back either when we had lower Broomloan there was trouble in concourse / toilets.

Thecat23
11-02-2015, 11:18 AM

I think it's you who's missed the point! This game is on TV not all Hibs games are. You are wanting to risk sitting in the home end where you can't cheer a Hibs goal? But you could by watching on TV?

So what's the point I'm missing? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenSQH
11-02-2015, 11:29 AM
There's always stuff being thrown at Ibrox. I got hit by a Pie at the Challenge cup game. ( was a bit gutted i couldnt catch it as i was hungry.)

Also a boy got hit a few seats along by a coin which cut his forehead.

I don't know if I would be able to sit in their end at a game. i would advise those that do to sit in empty spaces as far away from the Hibs fans a possible as the Newco idiots tend to come as close to the away section as possible.

magnificent_seven
11-02-2015, 11:49 AM

You obviously weren't at the Challenge Cup game. All sorts thrown at the Hibs fans. The league games wasn't much better either. If you are in the middle then you are fine, but towards the edges of the away support can be a bit dodgy.

Hermit Crab
11-02-2015, 11:57 AM
You obviously weren't at the Challenge Cup game. All sorts thrown at the Hibs fans. The league games wasn't much better either. If you are in the middle then you are fine, but towards the edges of the away support can be a bit dodgy.

I was at that match. You have to remember both sets of fans were at it. In fact it was a Hibs fan that started it after he stole a Rangers fans hat by leaning over the segregation tape and grabbing it right off they boys head and the preceded to toss it around the hibs section like an orca tossing a seal!

DH1875
11-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Never had a problem sitting in the corner but had all sorts thrown my way when we were in the broomloan stand.

magnificent_seven
11-02-2015, 12:05 PM
I was at that match. You have to remember both sets of fans were at it. In fact it was a Hibs fan that started it after he stole a Rangers fans hat by leaning over the segregation tape and grabbing it right off they boys head and the preceded to toss it around the hibs section like an orca tossing a seal!

I wouldn't say that is what started it. It was threatening to get nasty before that happened. The rangers fans packed that corner and the rest of the ground was virtually empty.

DarrenSQH
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM

The Rangers fans behaved like animals that night and im pretty sure it was the Israel Flags that started the atmosphere of hatred.

lyonhibs
11-02-2015, 12:55 PM
The Rangers fans behaved like animals that night and im pretty sure it was the Israel Flags that started the atmosphere of hatred.

One doesn't wish to disappear down the flag debate rabbithole, but why would Israel flags being waved by some thicker than pig **** Huns start an atmosphere of hatred?

Surely you'd just laugh that off as them being beyond parody, unless the little known Hibernian Palestine Supporters Association was in attendance?

SteveHFC
11-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Everytime i've been to Ibrox. I've never seen trouble.

S4uzee
11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

That sounds quality

DarrenSQH
11-02-2015, 01:06 PM
One doesn't wish to disappear down the flag debate rabbithole, but why would Israel flags being waved by some thicker than pig **** Huns start an atmosphere of hatred?

Surely you'd just laugh that off as them being beyond parody, unless the little known Hibernian Palestine Supporters Association was in attendance?

There was 1 row of seats for segregation instead of the usual area thats sectioned off. The more idiotic section of Zombies came over to the Hibs fans as close as possible and waved the Israel flags in peoples face while chucking coins, Drinks and Pies into the Hibs end.

At the time it was the height of israel killing people in gaza so people were annoyed by the flags. I think there was a thread on here about it.

silverhibee
11-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Aye right.

So when I've seen Hibs fans with cuts due to missiles I've imagined it, similarly drenched with liquids although I think Coke more than urine.

Not too far back either when we had lower Broomloan there was trouble in concourse / toilets.

Pretty sure it was pish at the first game at Ibrox in that cup game we lost, it's the same we bunch of neds that cause the problems but obviously security at Ibrox are willing to let this happen from the same folk each time as they were at it in the next game as well at that ground, young chap sitting behind me with a cut to his head due to being hit by a coin, there was plenty missiles thrown in our direction that night, can also remember the trouble in the concourse and it was pretty nasty at that game.

I worry more for our fans sitting in the away end this game than i do the fans who are planning to sit in the home end on Friday, the huns will be on the war path and the target will be the away end, it wouldn't surprise me if in this game both sets of fans will be let out at the same time so that Scotland (Strathclyde) Police can have a bit fun too.

Friday 13th, i predict a riot when our first goal goes in.

lyonhibs
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
There was 1 row of seats for segregation instead of the usual area thats sectioned off. The more idiotic section of Zombies came over to the Hibs fans as close as possible and waved the Israel flags in peoples face while chucking coins, Drinks and Pies into the Hibs end.

At the time it was the height of israel killing people in gaza so people were annoyed by the flags. I think there was a thread on here about it.

Now the actions in bold would have annoyed me and add perhaps a slightly different light to your previous statement that it was the Israeli flags wot started it all. I suspect the coin etc chucking had more to do with any subsequent bad blood etc.

Anyway, to summarize, I've never experienced any of the unfortunate happenings others seem to have whilst in the away end at Ibrox, but it'll be a cold day in hell before you catch me sitting in the home end at a Rangers vs Hibs game.

Andy74
11-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Never had a problem sitting in the corner but had all sorts thrown my way when we were in the broomloan stand.

I took a full pie square in the side of the face back at that end - the boy was only about 4 seats away over the banner thing thay had over the seats. The nearest copper just had a wee chuckle.

I've been in the Rangers end once - I think it was the year we won the Skol cup - we played in the league there earlier in the season. We took the lead as I recall, maybe Pat McGinlay scored, but we lost eventually. It might have been 3-2.

It was packed ant it was terrifying - the guy let us jump the barrier for a tenner each in his pocket but finding a seat was an issue and then we got the lloks form the locals who didn't recognise us once we found a couple spare.

Had the scarf tied round the waist.

I'm with those that would say watching from the wrong end is pointless when its on TV - you can't enjoy being part of it and far better to be sat with your mates having a pint. We only did it because there was some issue with tickets when we got there, I wouldn't plan on going there to sit in that end, even if it is likely to be half empty.

Smartie
11-02-2015, 02:36 PM
I've never personally been hit by anything but I've been around people who have been hit by the odd drink that gets lobbed our way and you do hear the odd clatter of a coin.

I do think that a lot of the talk of bother inside Ibrox is exaggerated but getting away from there in one piece (especially if we get a result) can be a bit more challenging.

It really is pitiful that in this day and age you can't go to see your team away from home without the threat of being physically assaulted whether it be fairly minor by something relatively harmless being chucked (a pie never killed anyone) or some more serious violence.

Given the importance of the game, the state of The Rangers and the high emotions that are running at their games at the moment, anyone thinking about going in their end does so entirely at their own risk and can't have any complaints if a bunch of angry Huns give them a doing imo. Mental that anyone is even considering this.

I can't believe anyone would prefer that to going to watch it in the pub/ stay in the house.

Bronson
11-02-2015, 03:34 PM
This season was the first time I've been to Ibrox and there was definitely something poisonous about the atmosphere. Young laddie was spat on and hot drinks were thrown from the tier above both from the same stand (Sandy Jardine Stand I believe it's called, the one opposite the tunnel.

It made every goal and the win so much sweeter but I realised why my dad always refused to take me there when I was wee. Certainly the worst ground I've been to for mindless abuse. Parkhead and Tynie don't come close.

Hibeesmad
11-02-2015, 03:48 PM
In the our first game against them at Ibrox this season in the cup I recall some woman having to move her kids elsewhere because they were crying due to Rangers fans throwing coins and juice at Hibs fans. My mate also got hit by a pound coin, I was surprised they would throw a pound tbh

CorrieHibs
11-02-2015, 06:18 PM

Israel flags and nazi salutes.....says it all tbh.

lord bunberry
11-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I took a full pie square in the side of the face back at that end - the boy was only about 4 seats away over the banner thing thay had over the seats. The nearest copper just had a wee chuckle.

I've been in the Rangers end once - I think it was the year we won the Skol cup - we played in the league there earlier in the season. We took the lead as I recall, maybe Pat McGinlay scored, but we lost eventually. It might have been 3-2.

It was packed ant it was terrifying - the guy let us jump the barrier for a tenner each in his pocket but finding a seat was an issue and then we got the lloks form the locals who didn't recognise us once we found a couple spare.

Had the scarf tied round the waist.

I'm with those that would say watching from the wrong end is pointless when its on TV - you can't enjoy being part of it and far better to be sat with your mates having a pint. We only did it because there was some issue with tickets when we got there, I wouldn't plan on going there to sit in that end, even if it is likely to be half empty.

I was in the Rangers end at that game as well. It was a midweek game and we ended up in the enclosure under the main stand which was still a standing area at the time. I think every nutcase from Glasgow was in with us. When Hibs scored our second we couldn't take it anymore and we started celebrating, which didn't go down well, thankfully the stewards threw us out.

Ronniekirk
11-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Everytime i've been to Ibrox. I've never seen trouble.
That's coz you haven't seen us win there That will change on Friday 13 th:wink:

SteveHFC
11-02-2015, 07:42 PM
That's coz you haven't seen us win there That will change on Friday 13 th:wink:

Which is true but maybe I shouldn't go mate because of my record there :(.