PDA

View Full Version : A way round getting an IFA?????

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2015, 06:04 PM
What is stopping the HSL transferring the shares back to the people that paid into the scheme if they wanted it? A small fee and 6 months later you have the shares you purchased in your name?

Is this just too simple to work? :confused:

Andy74
08-02-2015, 06:06 PM
What is stopping the HSL transferring the shares back to the people that paid into the scheme if they wanted it? A small fee and 6 months later you have the shares you purchased in your name?

Is this just too simple to work? :confused:

The FCA won't be interested in Hibs shares in general but they would be if a large scale circumvention like this was carried out.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2015, 06:38 PM
What aabout if we keep it quiet? Lol

PatHead
08-02-2015, 07:32 PM
But if an existing shareholder came to an agreement they would not have a problem with him transferring shares to a family or friend after 6 months.:wink:

Brummie_Hibs
09-02-2015, 02:12 PM
I had an IFA look at it, and got this email back:

"Looking at the declaration there is no way I can sign this form.

I cannot believe any IFA would be willing to sign such a form."

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 04:15 PM

Finally got mine signed today by a highly reputable firm in the Borders and wasn't charged anything, was told they had signed for other folk. I was also told by another firm that "nobody would sign this off"

It might be worth pointing out to the IFA that they are not being asked to say the shares are a good investment, only that you can afford to 'in effect' blow the money without it hurting.
Don't believe everything you hear http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Eyrie
09-02-2015, 06:55 PM

I had no problem when I approached my IFA. It helps of course that he already knows my circumstances and his only comment was to emphasise that I won't see any financial return.