PDA

View Full Version : Quarter final draw - Hibs v Spartans or Berwick Rangers

Pages : [1] 2

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Why on earth is the draw not live on TV now? No, lets's have it at 2pm tomorrow afternoon .

iwasthere1972
08-02-2015, 05:03 PM
Gary Anderson is doing the draw. Throwing arrows at a dart board. Bullseye. That's Hibernian. Double twenty. That's Raith Rovers.

CB_NO3
08-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Why on earth is the draw not live on TV now? No, lets's have it at 2pm tomorrow afternoon .
The draw is the most exciting 5 minutes in a football season, so what do we do? Put it on at a time, when everyone is at work. Its laughable.

superfurryhibby
08-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Agreed. Why on earth is on tomorrow?

iwasthere1972
08-02-2015, 05:26 PM

It's on Sky Sports News at 2pm tomorrow. At least it's on the telly.

duffers
08-02-2015, 05:30 PM
I'm convinced we're getting Celtic

Aldo
08-02-2015, 05:35 PM
At this stage I'll take anyone bar Dundee Utd and Smellic. Spartans/Berwick Hun for me please.

Ell_Chrisso
08-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Anyone at home

Diclonius
08-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Anyone but Celtic/United would also be fine with me. :aok:

HappyHibby93
08-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Home draw is all I want.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

truehibernian
08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I don't get the 'Celtic fear'.......in cups I would far far rather draw them in a round than the final, preferably at home. Their eyes are on four fronts (Europe) and a round in the cup sandwiched in between things won't be ideal.

I don't fear anyone left in the draw, Hibs on their day can match any of the teams left in a one off tie.

Diclonius
08-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Ideal draw:

Dundee Utd v Celtic
Hibernian v Spartans/Berwick
Raith Rovers v Falkirk
QOS v Inverness

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2015, 06:33 PM

I think last round was drawn live on sky.

Itsnoteasy
08-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Gary Anderson is doing the draw. Throwing arrows at a dart board. Bullseye. That's Hibernian. Double twenty. That's Raith Rovers.

They papped us oot last year.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2015, 06:36 PM
They papped us oot last year.

Spartans could've papped us oot last year.

keep the faith
08-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I would rather get Celtic now and at home. If we want to win the thing then we are most likely to play them at some point.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Tbh I'll take anyone home or away.

Obviously the best scenario would be Berwick or Spartans at home but if it's not so be it.

The only game I really don't fancy is ICT away. It's never really been a happy hunting ground for us and they are playing very well this season. I'd fancy our chances against Dundee Utd and Celtic are beatable on an off day.

The cup is a bit of a bonus this year as far as I'm concerned. Obviously I want to go as far as we can but promotion is far more important both short and long term to keep the development of the club on track.

Speedy
08-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Ideal draw:

Dundee Utd v Celtic
Raith Rovers v Falkirk
QOS v Inverness

Agree with this.

Hibeesmad
08-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Ideal draw:

Dundee Utd v Celtic
Raith Rovers v Falkirk
QOS v Inverness

Semi final:

Hibs v Raith/Falkirk
QOTS v Dundee United 😋

PatHead
08-02-2015, 08:57 PM
It's on Sky Sports News at 2pm tomorrow. At least it's on the telly.

If you have Sky Sports....................disgrace, should have been drawn at 5pm yesterday

Jonnyboy
08-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Interestingly, Berwick were last in the QF's some 35 years ago. They went out 1-0 after a 0-0 draw at Shielfield ............ against Hibs :wink:

Waxy
08-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Take this cup by the throat and WANT Celtic.A home tie against them and we can knock the favs out.

PatHead
08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Semi final:

Hibs v Raith/Falkirk
QOTS v Dundee United 

Final Hibs v QoS

Spike Mandela
08-02-2015, 09:03 PM
We have a 57.14 % chance of drawing a non Premier league side.

WellingtonHibby
08-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Take this cup by the throat and WANT Celtic.A home tie against them and we can knock the favs out.

Then get papped out by spartans int he next round.

#hibsclass

PatHead
08-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Aberdeen, Hearts or The Rangers at home for me, hate them all.

Would love to see their faces if they were knocked out the cup.......

ruthven_raiders
08-02-2015, 09:28 PM

Totally agree! Most likely celtic will go all the way to the final, so to win the cup we are better to have them now at easter road😄

trev the hat
08-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Interestingly, Berwick were last in the QF's some 35 years ago. They went out 1-0 after a 0-0 draw at Shielfield ............ against Hibs :wink:

Was that the game the barrier broke on the terracing JB ? I'm sure my old man took me down there with my mate.

Hiber-nation
08-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Was that the game the barrier broke on the terracing JB ? I'm sure my old man took me down there with my mate.

Can't remember that but despite being half pished I remember the Geordie polis being brought up for the day and kicking the 7 colours of sheidt out of any old random Hibbie.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Pretty sure it was Trev, aye

trev the hat
08-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Can't remember that but despite being half pished I remember the Geordie polis being brought up for the day and kicking the 7 colours of sheidt out of any old random Hibbie.

If it's the same game, on the halfway line our terracing end was rammed & hoarding gave way spilling fans onto the pitch. I was along a bit 18yd line & think there was couple of youngsters needing treatment.

murray26
08-02-2015, 10:01 PM
It will be Celtic.. We are due a bad draw.. Hope I'm wrong.

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2015, 10:09 PM

i remember Alex Miller all those years ago saying the best time to play one of the old firm is before a final against either of them, if it's to be sellick at ER next up then so be it

Nakedmanoncrack
08-02-2015, 11:12 PM
i remember Alex Miller all those years ago saying the best time to play one of the old firm is before a final against either of them, if it's to be sellick at ER next up then so be it

Sounds good in theory, don't recall Miller's teams having much success against them in the cups though, '91 League Cup semi only one I can think of. A semi-final capitulation against a poor Celtic team who finished 4th in the league, when Airdrie were waiting in the final stands out. We were a better team than both & that was the best chance we've had to win the thing in last 35 yrs.

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Sounds good in theory, don't recall Miller's teams having much success against them in the cups though, '91 League Cup semi only one I can think of. A semi-final capitulation against a poor Celtic team who finished 4th in the league, when Airdrie were waiting in the final stands out. We were a better team than both & that was the best chance we've had to win the thing in last 35 yrs.

i'm positive it was the after match interview at that game he said it :agree: it was on one of the videos that the club bring out now and then :greengrin

weecounty hibby
09-02-2015, 09:35 AM
We have a 57.14 % chance of drawing a non Premier league side.

You are a ****ing geek!!!!!
Get Celtic at home, hopefully the game is after a tough European game and we can do them. Weve lost too many finals to them. Get them early and get them out

Billy Whizz
09-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Get Celtic at home, hopefully the game is after a tough European game and we can do them. Weve lost too many finals to them. Get them early and get them out

Their 2nd leg game is on the 26th Feb, so it's a bit before the cup game, unless they beat Inter

Spike Mandela
09-02-2015, 09:49 AM

We have a 57.14% chance of drawing a non Premier side, 12.5% chance of actually winning the cup(all things being equal), 100% chance of BBC mentioning 113 years at every opportunity and 0.0000% chance of you getting the round in.

Spartans or Berwick at home for me all day long.

StevieC
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't get the 'Celtic fear'.......in cups I would far far rather draw them in a round than the final

Personally, I'd prefer them in the final. It's not a fear, I'm just happy to let others have a go at putting them out first.

Remember the season we beat Celtic and Rangers in the earlier rounds, and then got beat in the final!!

Hibeesmad
09-02-2015, 10:42 AM
I would prefer the easiest tie possible to get to Hampden, the only positive from getting celtic in the final is a guaranteed European match which will also bring in some more money to the club, as well as getting to the cup final. however, if we get celtic at 2pm, bring them on!

Zazu62
09-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Doesn't matter who we get we will never the thing anyway

Andy74
09-02-2015, 10:52 AM

I'd like to try a final where we have some sort of chance though and see how we go - previous recent ones haven't really been in our favour.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Personally, I'd prefer them in the final. It's not a fear, I'm just happy to let others have a go at putting them out first.

Remember the season we beat Celtic and Rangers in the earlier rounds, and then got beat in the final!!

aye by flippin' Livingston! Only Hibs could do that!

Anyway, easiest possible route to the final please. Berwick/spartans at home. Give other teams a chance to knock Celtic out on the way.

Green Reaper
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I would prefer the easiest tie possible to get to Hampden, the only positive from getting celtic in the final is a guaranteed European match which will also bring in some more money to the club, as well as getting to the cup final. however, if we get celtic at 2pm, bring them on!

Thought the rules changed and only cup winner can get Euro spot now

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Thought the rules changed and only cup winner can get Euro spot now

From the SPFL site

Europe 2014/15
The entry of Scottish clubs to UEFA’s club competitions for Season 2014/15 is determined by reference to the UEFA Country Ranking at the end of Season 2012/13.

At that time, Scotland was ranked 24. This provides access for three clubs through their Scottish Professional Football League position at the end of this Season and one club through this Season’s Scottish Cup.

As a result of that ranking, Scottish entrants to UEFA’s competitions for 2014/15 will be as follows:

Scottish Premiership Champions
Champions League qualifying round 2 (Champions pathway)

Scottish Cup winners
Europa League qualifying round 2

Scottish Premiership runners-up
Europa League qualifying round 2

Scottish Premiership third place
Europa League qualifying round 1

In the event that the Scottish Cup winners have qualified for the Champions League, the Scottish Cup runners-up will qualify for the Europa League but will enter at qualifying round 1. If this happens, then the Scottish Premiership third place club will enter the Europa League at qualifying round 2.

Green Reaper
09-02-2015, 11:04 AM
i'm positive it was the after match interview at that game he said it :agree: it was on one of the videos that the club bring out now and then :greengrin

I remember Murdo McLeod saying it on one of the videos, something about them being harder to beat when silverware gained on the day

Green Reaper
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
From the SPFL site

Good, in that case I would want to avoid lesser greens now and face them in the final if we can get there

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-02-2015, 11:51 AM

That's the spirit

GreenOnions
09-02-2015, 11:51 AM
aye by flippin' Livingston! Only Hibs could do that!

Anyway, easiest possible route to the final please. Berwick/spartans at home. Give other teams a chance to knock Celtic out on the way.

That's true and it was a real sore one. However - that Livi team had good players and were another team romanticised about that were put together with loads of money the club didn't have and couldn't afford - just like Hearts in 2012 (and even more so when they beat Gretna).

IIRC - they went into administration just before the final but still had all the players they shouldn't really have had :grr:

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-02-2015, 11:54 AM
We drew Stranraer in my dream last night. Was happy with that, until I remembered they were out!
Getting quite nervous for the draw now. In a meeting 1.30-3.30 as well so will need to wait to hear. Nightmare

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Celtic away. As another poster says we are due a howler of a draw.

Waxy
09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Since we last won the cup we've only knocked celtic out once. We are due to beat them.

Forza Fred
09-02-2015, 12:06 PM

I wasn't,there as I was working my Saturday job in Woolies at the foot of the walk, but I remember shouting out the window to a returning Hibby and asking him the score.

Jim Scott was the scorer I think

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Since we last won the cup we've only knocked celtic out once. We are due to beat them.

I know we are on the up and all but that Hibs teams will not beat celtic at the moment. To win this cup celtic have to be knocked out imo.

number9dream
09-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Surely Gary Anderson can sort out a Berwick Rangers v Hibs draw, with a Celtic trip to Tannadice bonus...
I've got a feeling we could be seeing Yogi back at Easter Road.

Hibernian Verse
09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
I know we are on the up and all but that Hibs teams will not beat celtic at the moment. To win this cup celtic have to be knocked out imo.

Hopefully they get United at Tannadice or ICT at the Tulloch, reckon they'll go out if so. Any home draw for Celtic here and we may as well give them the cup.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Surely Gary Anderson can sort out a Berwick Rangers v Hibs draw, with a Celtic trip to Tannadice bonus...
I've got a feeling we could be seeing Yogi back at Easter Road.

A home tie is all we can ask for and if it has to be Celtic or United then so be it but I wouldn't mind an away day to berwick or Spartans should they get through. Mind you Spartans away would be moved to tynie I reckon.

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 12:15 PM

Correct .. I was nearly on the Speedway track :greengrin

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Hopefully they get United at Tannadice or ICT at the Tulloch, reckon they'll go out if so. Any home draw for Celtic here and we may as well give them the cup.

Want an all premier tie. Would take QOS home or away as well.

Keith_M
09-02-2015, 12:16 PM

I was at both games.

That away game was awful. Firstly, George Best was supposed to play and didn't turn up. Then a wall collapsed and some of the Hibs Support were injured. IIRC, there were over 6,000 at the game.

The home game was nearly as dire but at least we won.... we then got papped out the Cup 5-0 by Celtc in the semis... then relegated a couple of weeks later, after losing 5-0 at home to Aberdeen, a match that gave them the league title so we had to watch them all celebrating their win while we were all miserable at going down.

Great days :greengrin

p.s. I bet that we're drawn against ICT Away in the next round.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 12:19 PM
If we get Celtic at any point I take mcgeoch would not be eligible to play? That would be a disaster.

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 12:20 PM
If we get Celtic at any point I take mcgeoch would not be eligible to play? That would be a disaster.

That is correct so dont really want them. Let United knock them out.

Spike Mandela
09-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Depends? Booth played against us last year so I guess it depends on loan agreement and attitude of parent club.

Hibernian Verse
09-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Ideal draw...?

Dundee Utd v Celtic
QOS v Inverness
Raith v Falkirk
Hibs v Spartans/Berwick

:flag:

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Ideal draw...?

Dundee Utd v Celtic
QOS v Inverness
Raith v Falkirk
Hibs v Spartans/Berwick

Thats the EXACT ties I went for when picking an ideal quearter final draw, including same home teams.
Dundee Utd v QOS
Hibs v Raith
as the semis would be just lovely :wink:

Andy74
09-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Thats the EXACT ties I went for when picking an ideal quearter final draw, including same home teams.
Dundee Utd v QOS
Hibs v Raith
as the semis would be just lovely :wink:

Not really, the ideal would be United and Celtic to be apart but both lose.

Hibs v Raith and ICT v QOS would be much better for example.

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Just sliced a roll in half to make my dinner & the bottom half was the shape of Ireland .... its gonna be Sellik :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 12:47 PM
just had a premonition...it will be Q.oS at ER :coffee:

Aldo
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Ideal draw...? Dundee Utd v Celtic QOS v Inverness Raith v Falkirk Hibs v Spartans/Berwick :flag:

If this does indeed become the draw I think I'll let you sit in a bath of custard outside the east stand!!

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 01:18 PM
If this does indeed become the draw I think I'll let you sit in a bath of custard outside the east stand!!

Dream draw. I'd be happy with that.

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Gary Anderson just said his dad was a Hibs fan, AS has text in asking him for a home draw and GA will try and deliver :)

greenlex
09-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Anyone at home.

andrew70
09-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Would take Celtic. Between now and the quarter finals they play 6 games.

Inc midweek before the quarters.

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Anyone apart from Celtic and preferably a home draw.

bod
09-02-2015, 01:54 PM
The draw is the most exciting 5 minutes in a football season, so what do we do? Put it on at a time, when everyone is at work. Its laughable.
I'm not working

Springbank
09-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I took the day off specially

Wheres the commitment boys?

Newhaven
09-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Anyone know when the games are played?

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Anyone know when the games are played?

Sixth Round: Saturday, 7th March 2015

Semi-Finals: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April 2015

Final: Saturday, 30th May 2015

Oscar T Grouch
09-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Has it started yet? My boss is due back any minute and I don't think he'll like me scanning hibs.net when I supposed to be working :greengrin:

calumhibee1
09-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Has it started yet? My boss is due back any minute and I don't think he'll like me scanning hibs.net when I supposed to be working :greengrin:

Neither will mine. But he'll just have to accept it. :greengrin

SteveHFC
09-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Spartans or Berwick at Home :thumbsup:

Forever_Green93
Hibs v Spartans or berwick

cabbageandribs1875
Inverness caley v Raith Rovers

Q.o.S v Falkirk

Hibernian v Spartans/berwick :greengrin

Dundee utd v Sellick

IrnBru22
Inverness v raith rovers
qots v falkirk
hibs v spartans/berwick
dundee utd v celtic

Vault Boy
Wonderful.

offshorehibby
Inverness v Raith
QoS v Falkirk
Hibs v Spartans/Berwick
Dundee Utd v Celtic

Spike Mandela
Ya ****ing beauty!!

Juice-Terry
YEESSS!!! Best possible draw. Get in.

Hermit Crab
Draw as below.

ICT v Raith Rovers.
QOS v Falkirk
Hibernian v Spartans
Dundee utd v Celtic

Ya Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EH54
Ideal draw!

DTS
09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
What a draw!! Ya dancer

James.
Couldn't have been any better! :aok:

Onion
Inverness v raith rovers
qots v falkirk
hibs v spartans/berwick
dundee utd v celtic

Is this a joke ?

Spartans or Berwick Rangers! and Dundee Utd and celtic get each other :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
we have to thank Gary Anderson for delivering like he said he would :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
Hampden here we come :hyper

pontius pilate
Ha ******g beauty home tie as well Dundee Hibernians v Celtic at tannadice hopefully Dundee Hibernians not them out good chance for us here

GGTTH

DarrenSQH
What a draw.

I was Panicking there.

Aldo
Inverness v Raith QoS v Falkirk Hibs v Spartans/Berwick Dundee Utd v Celtic

No ****ing way. This cannot be true.

Vault Boy
Stubbsy :thumbsup:

duffers
09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Couldn't have went much better

Liam89
Too good!!

Off the bar
That is a great looking draw!

IWasThere2016
Enjoying in the company of two pig-sick Arabs! :faf:

hibbymark
This is our year !!

The_Sauz
Rangers at Home

frazeHFC
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sergey
Ideal draw:

Dundee Utd v Celtic
Raith Rovers v Falkirk
QOS v Inverness

Not a million miles away :aok:

Biggie
Yes !!!.....

Oscar T Grouch
09-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Wow, couldnae have been any better!! :gwa::gwa::flag::flag:

hibeesboii
Wow what a draw, surely back at Hampden now!!

Ritchie
Couldn't have picked that out any better!!!

Scott Allan Key
09-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Come on Spartans. We want a derby!

essexhibee
Did he just say that GMS and Armstrong can't play as their cup tied? How? :confused:

Maybe misheard that in the excitement of that draw. We really need UTD to put celtic out.

Pretty Boy
It's going to be our ye....

SteveHFC

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/149112-hibs-v-berwick-or-spartans/

:faf:

Johnny_Leith
Outstanding

Borderhibbie76
Brilliant draw..way it was going i was sure we would get Celtic...ya dancer :)

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Ya dancer!!!!

lucky
2 games away potentially from Europe. This draw could not have been much better. Only team disappointed will be Dundee Unitedly.

weonlywon6-2
Good chance to get to the semis,a must for a big crowd at Hamden if we get through

JimBHibees
Superb draw.

EdinMike
Could this really finally really happen... :flag:

Andy74
Textbook - come on United!

hibby6270
09-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Couldn't have come out better!! :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
Did he just say that GMS and Armstrong can't play as their cup tied? How? :confused:

Maybe misheard that in the excitement of that draw. We really need UTD to put celtic out.

They'll have played in the cup game back at the end of November

Whens the Spartans game replayed?

woodythehibee
09-02-2015, 02:11 PM

They would have played (or been on the bench) for Utd in the previous rounds.

jodjam
Hope it's Spartans and the two sides can make it a great occasions. The sparryheeds will be gutted

BOB MARLEYS DUG
I reckon who ever we get between them, it wont be a walk in the park as much as a few folk are suggesting.

hibee_girl

Next midweek I think

Golden Bear
2015 ------------------------------ MAYBE just MAYBE!

Dreams are made of this.

:pray:

cabbageandribs1875
still waiting to see who Hertz get

:giruy2:

essexhibee
They'll have played in the cup game back at the end of November

Just checked didn't realise they both signed thought it was pre-contracts they signed. Thats a shame need UTD to pump them out.

Still....cracking draw.

tanfield
09-02-2015, 02:12 PM
It's Hibs and the Scottish Cup so you never know but what a chance!!!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Two Edinburgh teams with a proud history of paying debts :agree:

SteveHFC
09-02-2015, 02:13 PM
I reckon who ever we get between them, it wont be a walk in the park as much as a few folk are suggesting.

I'm hoping it's Spartans mate. Would be a great cup tie.

seven nowt
09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Interesting if Spartans beat Berwick Rangers. Away end will be flooded with Jambos.

Should hopefully be a trip to Hampden in Scottish Cup for the third time in four years

scoopyboy
09-02-2015, 02:14 PM
YEESSS!!! Best possible draw. Get in.

I would have preferred Spartans or Berwick in the final but hey ho I'll just have to live with it. :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Interesting if Spartans beat Spartans. Away end will be flooded with Jambos.

Should hopefully be a trip to Hampden in Scottish Cup for the third time in four years

i'm willing to bet on that not happening

:) but hopefully lots of yamboids in the away end whether it's spartans or berwick....more dosh for both clubs

Squealing pig
09-02-2015, 02:15 PM
What a draw, if carlsberg done qf sc draws, well played Gary Anderson . That's the darts

Alex Trager
09-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Now. Let's cast our minds back to when Bayern hadn't won the CL for ages.

They got into two finals in a row and never won. Then missed the next one.
Then into the next again one and won it.

Maybe our luck will go
Like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
The Yaks will be s******* themselves in case Hibs win this cup. It's their greatest fear.

NAE NOOKIE
We couldn't have asked for a better draw .... lets hope we don't take things for granted, we have no right to. Big incentive for Spartans, if it is them there should be a good crowd with a fair few thousand Yams swelling the coffers :greengrin

C'mon Dundee Utd :aok:

theonlywayisup
09-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Only team disappointed will be Dundee Unitedly.

Why would they be disappointed? They have a great chance of beating Celtic at their own ground, then be strong favourites to win the cup again.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 02:18 PM

They will have a league game that weekend.

JimBHibees

They played for United in an earlier round so cant play for another team in this years cup. Similar to Boyle and Watson at Hibs.

SlickShoes
I fancy our chances against anyone apart from Celtc if we play at our best. However this is Hibs and the Scottish Cup so I would take nothing for granted every game is going to be like a cup final.

Mr White
Great draw :thumbsup:
Must be quite unusual for only 3 top flight clubs to make it to the quarter finals?

Alex Trager
09-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Why would they be disappointed? They have a great chance of beating Celtic at their own ground, then be strong favourites to win the cup again.

And with GMS and the other boy being cup tied it will help them

cabbageandribs1875

but yamboids are more interested in what we do though

JimBHibees

Tuesday 17th.

scoopyboy
09-02-2015, 02:20 PM

Dunno the fixtures but there a few first division sides in the draw so maybe not.

Suppose they could play the cream buns in the snowed off game.

SlickShoes
09-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Now. Let's cast our minds back to when Bayern hadn't won the CL for ages.

They got into two finals in a row and never won. Then missed the next one.
Then into the next again one and won it.

Maybe our luck will go
Like that?

We are hibs we dont have luck!

Stevie Reid
09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Enjoying in the company of two pig-sick Arabs! :faf:

**** them. They won it five years ago, were in the final last year and are in the league cup final.

Greedy *******s.

theonlywayisup
09-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Amazing draw - check the league positions (based on current tables) of the teams in the draw:

ICT (3) v Raith Rovers (18)
QOS (16) v Falkirk (17)
Hibernian (15) v Spartans (46) /Berwick (37)
Dundee utd (4) v Celtic (1)

:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Dunno the fixtures but there a few first division sides in the draw so maybe not.

Suppose they could play the cream buns in the snowed off game.

That game is already rescheduled for Easter weekend.

Hearts are due to play Raith the weekend of the quarter final so wont have a game.

Gatecrasher
09-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Good Draw, decent chance to get to Hampden :thumbsup:

seven nowt
09-02-2015, 02:25 PM

Good point

oconnors_strip
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Hope our game is on the TV as booked a long weekend to London not knowing that the next round of cup was on the 7th March!

southsider
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Good point

Gary Anderson we love you

hfc rd
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Absolutely delighted with this draw. Don't f*** it up Hibs!

GGTTH

JimBHibees
09-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Good point

They wont they are due to play Raith who are still in.

Andy74
Amazing draw - check the league positions (based on current tables) of the teams in the draw:

ICT (3) v Raith Rovers (18)
QOS (16) v Falkirk (17)
Hibernian (15) v Spartans (46) /Berwick (37)
Dundee utd (4) v Celtic (1)

:thumbsup:

The reality is that 2 of the top 4 teams in the country might well still be in the semis.

superfurryhibby
Great draw. I really hope that it's Spartans. They will benefit from the gate money at ER and they are really an excellent community club.

Got to be optimistic for an other Hampden appearance. Be even better if Utd despatch the lessers!

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
That game is already rescheduled for Easter weekend.

Hearts are due to play Raith the weekend of the quarter final so wont have a game.

:aok:.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 02:31 PM
If Carlsberg done cup quarter final draws..............

Billy Whizz
09-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Hope our game is on the TV as booked a long weekend to London not knowing that the next round of cup was on the 7th March!

What do you think

Whos-the-poster
09-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Great draw. I really hope that it's Spartans. They will benefit from the gate money at ER and they are really an excellent community club.

Got to be optimistic for an other Hampden appearance. Be even better if Utd despatch the lessers!

:agree:

Oh gosh we have a great chance this year :flag:

number9dream
Inverness caley v Raith Rovers

Q.o.S v Falkirk

Hibernian v Spartans/berwick :greengrin

Dundee utd v Sellick

Superb work from Gary Anderson!
But will we avoid a daft early kick off for the telly?
Sky will snap up United v Tic and they get another. Not sure if BBC get one as well at this stage.
Both semis will be 12.30 jobs on Sky, but I'm getting ahead of myself...

PatHead

Sell your London tickets to a The Rangers supporter. They aren't doing anything that weekend!

Ronniekirk

Well we can't ask for anything better maybe pur luck is finally changing

Geo_1875
09-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Saturday against Spartans then a Sunday semi at Hampden please, please, please.

DarrenSQH
09-02-2015, 02:43 PM
The reality is that 2 of the top 4 teams in the country might well still be in the semis.

Hibs and The UTD/Celtic winner?

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Superb work from Gary Anderson!
But will we avoid a daft early kick off for the telly?
Sky will snap up United v Tic and they get another. Not sure if BBC get one as well at this stage.
Both semis will be 12.30 jobs on Sky, but I'm getting ahead of myself...

i honestly cant see our game being one of the live games, and the only slight chance it might be would be if it's against Spartans

hfc-1875
Cracking draw!! Without getting ahead of myself, if we get to the semi and get drawn against qos/falkirk would it still definitely be played at hampden? Hope so.

Iceman1875
What a draw [emoji106][emoji6]

At Easter Road we play...

ScottB
09-02-2015, 02:47 PM
When will the tickets go on sale?

Geo_1875
09-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Cracking draw!! Without getting ahead of myself, if we get to the semi and get drawn against qos/falkirk would it still definitely be played at hampden? Hope so.

Definitely because Glasgow is the centre of the footballing universe.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
i honestly cant see our game being one of the live games, and the only slight chance it might be would be if it's against Spartans

I actually think if we get Spartans, it will be a stick on for the TV companies. Good marketing - Edinburgh Derby, non-league team in the quarter finals, etc, and gives them another opportunity to do a 5 minute piece pre-match about our cup record.

Mathias Jack
09-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Yee f*****g haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 02:55 PM
I actually think if we get Spartans, it will be a stick on for the TV companies. Good marketing - Edinburgh Derby, non-league team in the quarter finals, etc, and gives them another opportunity to do a 5 minute piece pre-match about our cup record.

hope not, want as big a crowd as possible if it's against Spartans, all jambos are welcome as well to help fill the coffers of each club :agree: having said that, i think Berwick will triumph in the replay with Spartans

southsider
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Hibs are 20/1 with boylesports

Sammy7nil
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
It is great to dream BUT by the 30 May 2015 we will hopefully have been involved in 4 maybe 6 play off games.
If we have lost the team will be deflated even if we have won the team we will be running on empty. Carrying god knows how many knocks and bumps from the high octane games. It will be nigh on impossible to get the players fit and focussed on the day.

Sorry to put a dampner on it, I am just being a Hibby :greengrin

Green Fish
09-02-2015, 03:00 PM
It is great to dream BUT by the 30 May 2015 we will hopefully have been involved in 4 maybe 6 play off games.
If we have lost the team will be deflated even if we have won the team we will be running on empty. Carrying god knows how many knocks and bumps from the high octane games. It will be nigh on impossible to get the players fit and focussed on the day.

With all due respect, nonsense! Come on!!! GG

Hermit Crab
When will the tickets go on sale?

Once we find out who we are playing and the two clubs agree on prices and the amount of tickets to be allocated to the away team etc. Plenty time mate and there will be no shortage of tickets for Hibs fans

erin go bragh

Or after we secure our place in the premiership . The players are buzzing and find an extra gear for the final .

Ggtth

Onion
09-02-2015, 03:03 PM

That's all logical, but logic goes out to the window with Hibs and this Cup.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us get ICT, Falkirk or QOS in the Final who might also be involved in playoffs.

We'll still get beat, though :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
09-02-2015, 03:03 PM
What date(s) are the semis to be played on?

<starts looking at flights.................>

<....not actually, do you think I'm f***ing mental, this is HIBS in the Scottish Cup we're talking about here!!!>

Jim44
09-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Great draw and would be a real Edinburgh affair if Spartans beat BR. I'd like to think that in that event, Stubbs would have the team 100% focused with belt and braces preparation to see us into the semis.

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2015, 03:07 PM
What date(s) are the semis to be played on?

<starts looking at flights.................>

<....not actually, do you think I'm f***ing mental, this is HIBS in the Scottish Cup we're talking about here!!!>

Sixth Round: Saturday, 7th March 2015

Semi-Finals: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April 2015

Final: Saturday, 30th May 2015

wills
Ideal draw...?

Dundee Utd v Celtic
QOS v Inverness
Raith v Falkirk
Hibs v Spartans/Berwick

Mystic Milkinho

xyz23jc
Yee f*****g haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hahaha. This! Saw the thread earlier and had to read through all the posts to see if it was true. Utterly superb! Sickback was funny as f*** too! Apparently we always get easy draws and Spartans are the mini Hibs.... Oh, and apparently Petrie himself made the draw!

Onion
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Or after we secure our place in the premiership . The players are buzzing and find an extra gear for the final .

Ggtth

Stop it !!!!:drool:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Aye it will.

erin go bragh
09-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Interesting if Spartans beat Berwick Rangers. Away end will be flooded with Jambos.

Spartans had a crowd of 2500 for the Berwick game . If them id say they will sell out the South Stand no problem .

Ggtth

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Aye it will.

It may not be a walk in the park, but there would be something SERIOUSLY wrong if we didnt win by at least a couple of goals.

Lucius Apuleius
09-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Drat, scuppers conspiracy theories.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2015, 03:14 PM
It may not be a walk in the park, but there would be something SERIOUSLY wrong if we didnt win by at least a couple of goals.

I'll say it for BounceRoss.

**** them! Lets do this Hibs.

gorgie greens
09-02-2015, 03:16 PM
Not happy ,wanted Spartans in the final :greengrin

Col2
09-02-2015, 03:18 PM

Tosh. We will finish 2nd therefore will have played two play games and still have another two to come. We have recruited well and have players come back who should be match fit and ready to go (we have 5 strikers).

Think positively. Back in the Top league and Scottish Cup Champions. Would go down as greatest point in history (or a very close second).

Mathias Jack
09-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Hahaha. This! Saw the thread earlier and had to read through all the posts to see if it was true. Utterly superb! Sickback was funny as f*** too! Apparently we always get easy draws and Spartans are the mini Hibs.... Oh, and apparently Petrie himself made the draw!

We always get the easy draws...that's rich coming from the showers of c***s!

If they want a re-run of the draw, they'll see it was my namesake, the PDC World Champ! [emoji23] Why they so interested anyways ha ha ha ha

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Aye, purely tongue n cheek comments from over road. We'd be saying the same if it was Hearts v spartans or Berwick.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
09-02-2015, 03:32 PM
I must be the only gutted one, as an Injured Spartans player and a Hibs fan, there is a chance that I could be watching my one chance of playing at Easter Rd disappear from the stands.

I all seriousness, great draw as a Hibs fan and as a Spartan, if we can beat BR

xyz23jc
09-02-2015, 03:33 PM
We always get the easy draws...that's rich coming from the showers of c***s!

If they want a re-run of the draw, they'll see it was my namesake, the PDC World Champ! [emoji23] Why they so interested anyways ha ha ha ha

Hibs obsessed I guess, hahaha! Someone posted a link to Kickback on this thread, you can see for yourself some o the terror stricken rantings! Hahaha FAF

stoneyburn hibs
09-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Just heard the draw....wow ! Did Gary Anderson get to see who he was picking ? Fantastic.

xyz23jc
09-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Aye, purely tongue n cheek comments from over road. We'd be saying the same if it was Hearts v spartans or Berwick.

True! Still FAF to read tho! GGTTH

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:35 PM
I must be the only gutted one, as an Injured Spartans player and a Hibs fan, there is a chance that I could be watching my one chance of playing at Easter Rd disappear from the stands.

What are you sidelined with and is there a chance of being fit for the tie should you beat berwick?

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Just heard the draw....wow ! Did Gary Anderson get to see who he was picking ? Fantastic.

He did well thats for sure.

HIBEES 4 LIFE
What are you sidelined with and is there a chance of being fit for the tie should you beat berwick?

Unfortunately no chance!

Keith_M
I think it was a fix.

That Petrie's fingerprints are all over this one!

Is he in the Masons as well?

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately no chance!

Disaster, however you will make the game if spartans get through as you will be in the stand. :greengrin

Geo_1875
09-02-2015, 03:52 PM

Hopefully the QoS players will be even more deflated for the final after we hump them out of the play-offs.

MWHIBBIES
09-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Nice wee draw for us, prospect of Hampden is always exiting.

greenlex
09-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Hearts are ****ing trumpets. The season before last Edgar about three spl tmeams to eat on the way tithe final. ****s

lucky
09-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Wonder how many ex ST holders will be regretting not renewing with a possible cup final and play off games to look forward too

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Hearts are ****ing trumpets. The season before last Edgar about three spl tmeams to eat on the way tithe final. ****s

Aye, you are probably right. Its hard to tell though.

Weststandwanab
09-02-2015, 04:54 PM

Can you please tell all your players that we want you to in so that we can have a derby match at Easter Road ?

Hot balls – sorry ladies !

Unfortunately no chance!

Would you play anyway if there was the opportunity to do so ?

Wonder how many ex ST holders will be regretting not renewing with a possible cup final and play off games to look forward too

I am beginning to regret not taking the CTU

greenginger
09-02-2015, 04:55 PM

Not to worry, the early deals for next season will be popular.

DavieRoy
09-02-2015, 05:11 PM
3 out of the 4 Scottish Cup Quarter-Finals will be shown live on TV.

1st pick - Sky Sports
2nd pick - BBC Scotland
3rd pick - Sky Sports

The other match not televised will be the featured highlights game on Sportscene with 8 cameras at the match.

Scottish Cup Semi-Finals breakdown;

Both games live on Sky Sports, one of them exclusive to Sky, the other game is live on Sky and BBC Scotland.

Andy74
09-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Not to worry, the early deals for next season will be popular.

The knock on effect of getting further in the cup this year could be significant. Don't mess it up! At least this year we are used to playing teams we are expected to beat.

Pete
09-02-2015, 05:20 PM
I also reckon that this team we have now are better than the ones that reached the finals in 2012 and 2013.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2015, 05:21 PM
The knock on effect of getting further in the cup this year could be significant. Don't mess it up! At least this year we are used to playing teams we are expected to beat.

Hopefully beat either of these two sides then avoid celtic or utd in semi and we're in with a decent shout. Lets just take care of the quarter first though. Really don't want to get ahead of ourselves. :aok:

jon paul jones
09-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Ideal draw:

Dundee Utd v Celtic
Raith Rovers v Falkirk
QOS v Inverness

Not a bad guess at all sir

iwasthere1972
09-02-2015, 05:23 PM

What? cheating in the Scottish Cup. Never. Jealous Yams.

Aldo
09-02-2015, 05:24 PM
I also reckon that this team we have now are better than the ones that reached the finals in 2012 and 2013.

Agreed. A TEAM we are. Not just relying on one or 2 players.

Not going to jump the gun. One game at a time and tbh if we don't make the semi final then the players really do need to have a very good look at themselves (Fwiw I think we will have no issues getting past Berwick or Edinburghs second team)

GreenCastle
09-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Not read whole thread but significance of getting to Hampden and possibly a final would be a real boost - even semi I can see us taking the usual large numbers.

Ronniekirk
09-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Agreed. A TEAM we are. Not just relying on one or 2 players.

Not going to jump the gun. One game at a time and tbh if we don't make the semi final then the players really do need to have a very good look at themselves (Fwiw I think we will have no issues getting past Berwick or Edinburghs second team)

For me Aldo ,getting to the semi is a given with this draw .However even if we avoid Celtic or United in the Semi it will be a tricky tie whoever we play .But with the new additions to the squad and Gray now back we should be an improved team and a confident one

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Spartans had a crowd of 2500 for the Berwick game . If them id say they will sell out the South Stand no problem .

Ggtth
I just don't get this Spartans love in. They are pulling fans from us and are based in an area which is a hibs stronghold. Just look at the amount of kids that where at their game. They should be at Easter Road.

Smartie
09-02-2015, 05:48 PM
I'm delighted to have avoided Raith to be honest.

Great result for them at the weekend and they've been in decent form lately. We've only managed to win one of our last four against them.

Also pleased to have avoided Celtic but I would have taken anyone else at home. To win the cup you have to win some hard games.

The day we're not pleased with a home draw vs Berwick or Spartans is the day we give up, even though these teams deserve respect and we'll have to perform well to beat them.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2015, 05:56 PM
I just don't get this Spartans love in. They are pulling fans from us and are based in an area which is a hibs stronghold. Just look at the amount of kids that where at their game. They should be at Easter Road.

They aren't competing with Hibs. They are a club that serves a part of Edinburgh that has little to shout about.

Theres room for people to support both. Should Spartans get past Berwick, I'll be in their end, but supporting Hibs. They are showing that a community can unite round football.

Ringothedog
09-02-2015, 06:10 PM
They aren't competing with Hibs. They are a club that serves a part of Edinburgh that has little to shout about.

Theres room for people to support both. Should Spartans get past Berwick, I'll be in their end, but supporting Hibs. They are showing that a community can unite round football.

Hibernian serve that part of Edinburgh and yes they do compete with hibs. Every fan they have is one less for us. We have and always will be a community club.

Ray_
09-02-2015, 06:14 PM

Didn't we get Celtic in the semi that year and lost 5-0, yet George Best was named man of the match! Some player alright.

ancient hibee
09-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Hibernian serve that part of Edinburgh and yes they do compete with hibs. Every fan they have is one less for us. We have and always will be a community club.

Not in the way that Spartans are.

mutley
09-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Just seen the draw, absolute perfection, however I am not taking anything for granted, but surely we are in the semis now

Pedantic_Hibee
09-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Why are Hearts interested in the Scottish Cup anyway? They've not scored a goal in it for the last couple of years. Special relationship, arf!!

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Not too worried about Spartans just now ... but if they become a league club that will be different and I'll be with you. Its still rumoured in the Borders that Hibs ( and the Yams ) voted against Gala Fairydean getting into the league because it might affect support from the Borders. That's a club 30 odd miles away so I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs share your view on Spartans.

ancient hibee
09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Hibs were quite happy about Meadowbank playing half a mile away so doubt they were against Fairydean.

neil7908
09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Incredible - now don't blow it Hibs!

Libby Hibby
09-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Best draw we could've hoped for, now time for the team to deliver in order to make the semis...no excuses Hibs, let's do the quarters in a proper fashion, no scares

Hibby Bairn
09-02-2015, 06:37 PM

My son is a ST holder at ER but chose to go to Spartans game on Sat rather than Hibs as he plays for them. A further 2499 chose Ainslie Park as well.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Just a wee reminder that Spartans played a then Premier League Livingston a few years back and lost 0-4. They held them until 5 minutes into the 2nd half and were a toe length away from taking the lead.

A couple of years later they held a then 1st division St Mirren 0-0 at home and earned a replay.

It's a good draw and I wouldn't suggest otherwise but we need to be professional about it. The chat about Hampden attendance etc is well premature and either Spartans or Berwick will need to be afforded the utmost respect.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2015, 06:43 PM

Well we've sunk to a low if we think Spartans are competition.

Every fan they have is one less for us? You're on the wind up aren't you? You don't think that any of our pink chums, or rugby loving chums are going along the Ainslie Park, do you?

And stop all this guff about Hibs always being a community club - it's a commercial organisation, that has shown some social conscience over the years. Spartans ethos is to give something to the community through a love of the game, they are about developing self esteem, and giving people in North Edinburgh something to be proud of.

No reason Edinburgh can't support both.

I was at Ainslie Park on Saturday, but will go back to Easter Road as well. It was refreshing to be free of mentalist thinking like yours.

Hero76
09-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Well we've sunk to a low if we think Spartans are competition.

Every fan they have is one less for us? You're on the wind up aren't you? You don't think that any of our pink chums, or rugby loving chums are going along the Ainslie Park, do you?

And stop all this guff about Hibs always being a community club - it's a commercial organisation, that has shown some social conscience over the years. Spartans ethos is to give something to the community through a love of the game, they are about developing self esteem, and giving people in North Edinburgh something to be proud of.

No reason Edinburgh can't support both.

I was at Ainslie Park on Saturday, but will go back to Easter Road as well. It was refreshing to be free of mentalist thinking like yours.

I agree

With regards to the Spartsns game how was it, any gid fitbaw on offer ? How much to get in ?

MSK
09-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Just a wee reminder that Spartans played a then Premier League Livingston a few years back and lost 0-4. They held them until 5 minutes into the 2nd half and were a toe length away from taking the lead.

A couple of years later they held a then 1st division St Mirren 0-0 at home and earned a replay.

It's a good draw and I wouldn't suggest otherwise but we need to be professional about it. The chat about Hampden attendance etc is well premature and either Spartans or Berwick will need to be afforded the utmost respect.I was at that game courtesy of a former Spartans player & work colleague (Dougie McConnachie) Spartans put on a good show & were more than a match v St Mirren ..think they lost the replay 4-1 ..

erin go bragh
09-02-2015, 06:53 PM

No Spartans love in from me ETD . Hope we hump them if they manage to get past BR. Be good to have a derby without the stench of urine and vile that comes from the Gorgie knuckle dragging puddle drinkers .

Ggtth

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I agree

With regards to the Spartsns game how was it, any gid fitbaw on offer ? How much to get in ?

It was £12 to get in (prices up for the tie). Football was OK, I'd say Spartans were the fitter of the two teams, but there's nothing there to worry Hibs (apart from the fact it's the Scottish Cup!).

It was an enjoyable day out, highlight was the kids in the Spartan Army who summed up what loving the football is about. Full of joy throughout the game.

It was football, but not as we know it, and I get the impression the main ethos around the club is more about people enjoying the sport than the club winning things.

craigmounthibby
09-02-2015, 06:56 PM

It's a good draw and I wouldn't suggest otherwise but we need to be professional about it. The chat about Hampden attendance etc is well premature and either Spartans or Berwick will need to be afforded the utmost respect.
This. Quarter final is potentially an easier draw, but Saturday was no walk in the park.

I expect Berwick will be strong favourites for the replay, and same rules apply - they have 1 or 2 ex-hibbies playing for them.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I was at that game courtesy of a former Spartans player & work colleague (Dougie McConnachie) Spartans put on a good show & were more than a match v St Mirren ..think they lost the replay 4-1 ..

3-0 in the replay.

They missed an absolute sitter in the dying seconds of the 1st game to win it.

I was signed with Spartans at the time and the buzz around the place during those 2 cup runs was amazing. I'm glad they are potentially playing Hibs in the sense it's the really big game they deserve. The flip side is I'd love to have been able to support them in a quarter final but it's Hibs so no ****ing chance.

mim
09-02-2015, 07:01 PM
My son is a ST holder at ER but chose to go to Spartans game on Sat rather than Hibs as he plays for them. A further 2499 chose Ainslie Park as well.

Can someone tell me where exactly is Spartan's ground?