PDA

View Full Version : Malpas in Scotsman

Thief
07-02-2015, 11:38 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/maurice-malpas-back-in-the-game-after-hibs-ordeal-1-3683569

Apologies if someone has posted already.
Guy comes over as complete trumpet. Arrogant tosser!

07BigD
07-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Ah dinnae need a dietician over ma shoulder ya ****** etc

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 11:50 PM
They weren't his players - the players that they signed in that January window hardly ever played because they were *****. No chance should that team have ended up being even close to the bottom of the table.

Total arse.

hfc rd
07-02-2015, 11:57 PM
100% complete a******

Boyle89
08-02-2015, 12:29 AM
My favourite bit is when he says his niche is coaching and management. Oh Mo you really don't have a clue.

macd123
08-02-2015, 12:29 AM
Malpas on sports science:

"Football hasn’t changed. It’s the periphery that has changed. Dieticians, sports scientists… they think they’ve got massive influence. They are important. They have a place. But we were always taught ‘your best judge is your eye’. If a player isn’t fit enough, it sticks out a mile. I don’t need a fitness coach at my back, telling me about heart rates and all that crap.”

Absolutely priceless!

The_Exile
08-02-2015, 12:33 AM
#prayforraithrovers

SteveHFC
08-02-2015, 12:38 AM
**** off Malpas.

GreenArmyyy!
08-02-2015, 01:51 AM

"Football hasn’t changed. It’s the periphery that has changed. Dieticians, sports scientists… they think they’ve got massive influence. They are important. They have a place. But we were always taught ‘your best judge is your eye’. If a player isn’t fit enough, it sticks out a mile. I don’t need a fitness coach at my back, telling me about heart rates and all that crap.”

Absolutely priceless!

Balloon of the highest order, despise him more than Calderwood and that is going some.

TowerHibs
08-02-2015, 02:31 AM
It's not just football that's changed, it's all of sport ya big twat!!!

Sport science get you that extra 10% from players that everyone else around us had last year.

Seriously, LD and AS have to read that and think why do we get so much grief from aspects of the support when what we took over was a shambles of a modern football club.

Springbank
08-02-2015, 05:09 AM
I'm glad Malpas is in the past, and Alan Stubbs is the present and the future

ACLeith
08-02-2015, 06:06 AM
‘your best judge is your eye’. And anyone with 2 glass eyes can compare now with 12 months ago - is there anything that was better then?

Fergos
08-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Bleating on about not being given time....that's because we endured a run of results that got us relegated whilst watching some of the most naive and outdated football from an unmotivated bunch of players...wonder who created these issues?

At times and rightly so we celebrate old school values within a game that has perhaps lost its sense of simplicity......but when you team that with performances & results like his and butchers at ER then you have a case for perceiving them both as outdated and ignorant.

Thankfully not our issue now.

GGTTH

Thecat23
08-02-2015, 06:44 AM

Absolutely priceless!

How ironic, because when we brought in proper couches and a proper manager they said this team was 8 MONTHS. Behind just in fitness! So Maurice I beg to differ. I think you are out of touch with the game, the requirements that now go with it and as for "your eye is the best judge" well my eyes were bleeding watching you and that clown Butcher. I hope you fail in every footballing job you get for doing what you did to this club!

grunt
08-02-2015, 07:17 AM
A proper couch

http://commercebugdemo.pulsestorm.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/o/couch.jpg

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2015, 08:03 AM
How ironic, because when we brought in proper couches and a proper manager they said this team was 8 MONTHS. Behind just in fitness! So Maurice I beg to differ. I think you are out of touch with the game, the requirements that now go with it and as for "your eye is the best judge" well my eyes were bleeding watching you and that clown Butcher. I hope you fail in every footballing job you get for doing what you did to this club!

:agree: spot on

Winston Ingram
08-02-2015, 08:14 AM
“We never went to them begging for a job. They head-hunted us. I was under the impression that we would get the chance to bring our own players in, build our own squad, our own team, like we did at Inverness, but it never happened. Six months. The ink wasn’t dry on the contract.

“I just felt we never got a chance. I know it’s a results-driven business, and the results weren’t good enough, but they weren’t our players. We proved at Motherwell that we could build a team. And we definitely proved it at Inverness. We were second in the league when we left them.”

:wtf:

SeanWilson
08-02-2015, 08:38 AM
The man is the epitome of wollaper!

easty
08-02-2015, 08:48 AM
Theres no really much in that worth reading.

Delighted he's no longer at Hibs, the setup now is a million times better.

But......if Butcher and Malpas had kept there jobs, I still think we'd be in the same position in the league with more or less the same number of points.:duck:

Pretty Boy
08-02-2015, 08:52 AM

Absolutely priceless!

The best judge is the eye?

Yet Stubbs said he'd never seen so many unfit players in one squad. Time to think again Maurice you ****.

How he can claim they never got a chance at Hibs is crazy. They won 1 game in 18 and got us relegated, they didn't do a single thing to justify getting more of a chance. They took over a poor team in mid table and turned them into the worst team in the league who were deservedly relegated.

Comes across in that article as he always does, as a complete and utter clown.

Ronniekirk
08-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Have no respect for him and won't be reading anything he says Ypu can see what Stubbs did in a relatively short period of time Malpas and T B just caused carnage

Allan45
08-02-2015, 09:33 AM

Absolutely priceless!
He needs to get a grip, sport scientists have all the evidence to prove you wrong. Go back to your cave.....

EskbankHibby
08-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Footballing dinosaur.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2015, 10:00 AM
What an absolute bell end. A complete dinosaur that just needs to retire.

emerald green
08-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Basically, Malpas is trying to absolve himself (and his mate Butcher) from all responsibilty for this club being relegated in the most ridiculous manner. Nothing to do with me, says Malpas.

So, why did the team he and Butcher were in charge of go into "a helpless spiral of decent culminating in Hibs winning one of their last 18 matches"? And then the play-off too, at home, with a two goal lead?

No humility, no apology, nowt to do with me, no acceptance of any responsibility whatsoever. Absolutely disgraceful.

Director of Football? Dinnae make me laugh.

overdrive
08-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Love the bit...

He had been to see St Johnstone and Aberdeen play in Europe, which was diverting enough, but without a player to scout or a team to analyse, run-of the-mill league games seemed a bit, how shall he put it, “sh***”. “I was actually struggling to watch some of them,” he says. “In one or two, I left long before half-time. Without wanting to criticise Scottish football, I just wasn’t enjoying it.

Aye, it's "sh***" because of dinosaurs like him and Butcher.

Then he criticises and helps drive out somebody who was trying to drag Scottish football into the 21st century.

Eyrie
08-02-2015, 12:07 PM

Absolutely priceless!

Imagine how much better Team Sky could have been with Malpas in charge instead of Sir Dave Brailsford. There's no need for new fangled thinking when swearing at players is so effective.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Imagine how much better Team Sky could have been with Malpas in charge instead of Sir Dave Brailsford. There's no need for new fangled thinking when swearing at players is so effective.

That's what gets me on second reading.

Claims he's not a dinosaur then goes in to completely dismiss one of the key aspects of modern sport.

He seems like a real idiot.

Northernhibee
08-02-2015, 12:10 PM
Love the bit...

Aye, it's "sh***" because of dinosaurs like him and Butcher.

Then he criticises and helps drive out somebody who was trying to drag Scottish football into the 21st century.

"What's aw this passing the ball about *****? Why's nobody hoofing it into the corners? **** off"

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
If I was the board of any football club reading that nonsense I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. All that says is 'look how out of touch I am' and by the way, if you do give me a job I will take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Before you start building teams you have to ensure the one you have doesn't get relegated ya daft muppet !

Onion
08-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Malpas is a bitter little man with a whole bag of chips on his shoulder. No idea how he became like that. Fact he absolves himself from any responsibility for what happened last season sums the man up perfectly.

Haymaker
08-02-2015, 12:26 PM
I remember Sir Alex Ferguson dismissed applying sports science at man utd at first. He quickly changed his mind when Wengers arsenal started winning in the early 2000s.

Sports science is brilliant but you need to know how to use it correctly. A lot of coaches haven't a clue a dismiss it as irrelevant.

Sadly in football many of these coaches continue to be employed by clubs because the people in charge have no ****ing idea either.

berwickhibee
08-02-2015, 12:35 PM
it wasn't our fault!!!!:confused: bunch of clowns. they took us into freefall and couldn't stop it. hate the 3 of them:fuming: anti football at its worst. thank **** they are history now.