PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Today

iwasthere1972
07-02-2015, 07:58 PM
9,065. :top marks

Excellent turn out for a Scottish Championship team v a SPFL 2nd division team playing in the diddy Scottish leagues when you compare it to

Blackburn (Former EPL Champions) v Swansea (English Premier League) 4th Round game a couple weeks ago which only attracted 5,928.

Seriously didn't think that we would get over 7,000 and was a bit surprised when the stadium announcer gave the attendance number at the game today.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

California-Hibs
07-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I guess when you take certain elements into consideration it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if it's just me but it really gets under my skin whenever the attendances is under the 10,000 mark. We used to never ever be bellow that, until the last few years. However I'm more than confident that the fans will slowly begin to come back as we continue to put in good performances :agree:

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Arbroath brought a decent amount of fans too :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Will happily take another crowd of the same size, if we get a home draw in the next round against a team from a lower league.

Bishop Hibee
07-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Hibs got the pricing right :aok:

Andy74
07-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Hibs got the pricing right :aok:

Same crowd as usual really. Proof that lower pricing makes no real odds?

Stuarty27
07-02-2015, 09:19 PM

Behave

Hibby Bairn
07-02-2015, 09:22 PM
Rugby on tv and 2500 at Ainslie Park.

PatHead
07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
:agree:

MWHIBBIES
07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Arbroath brought a decent amount of fans too :agree:Lot of scarf twirling in there, pretty sure it wasnae all Arbroath fans.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Rugby on tv and 2500 at Ainslie Park.

Was that the crowd!
What was the pricing for Spartans v Berwick today?

Hibby Bairn
07-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Was that the crowd!
What was the pricing for Spartans v Berwick today?

£12 adults. £8 concessions. U12s free.

iwasthere1972
07-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Except it wasn't included in your season ticket unless you had a cup top up. Maybe more interest from glory hunters getting their name on the database in readiness for Hampden. :duck:

Sir David Gray
07-02-2015, 10:01 PM

I would agree with that if every single season ticket holder also had a cup top up.

They don't though so it means that a number of people who attended today had to specifically buy a ticket for today's game, either by purchasing a match ticket or by adding the game to their season ticket.

If the prices had been kept at their usual level, I highly doubt that over 9000 people would have been in attendance this afternoon.

Andy74
07-02-2015, 10:28 PM
I would agree with that if every single season ticket holder also had a cup top up.

They don't though so it means that a number of people who attended today had to specifically buy a ticket for today's game, either by purchasing a match ticket or by adding the game to their season ticket.

If the prices had been kept at their usual level, I highly doubt that over 9000 people would have been in attendance this afternoon.

You'd expect most season ticket holders to pay for a ticket though.

Lower price made next to no difference as far as I can see.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Not necessarily.

Unless they had a cup top up and therefore the match was already paid for, people may have felt that paying £22 for a match against League Two opposition wasn't worth it and they would have stayed at home or gone to the pub to watch the Tottenham-Arsenal game and the rugby instead.

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2015, 10:34 PM

I'm a st holder and probably wouldn't have went today if it had been dearer than the £15 I paid for me and my daughter.

whiskyhibby
07-02-2015, 10:35 PM

Agree, with the pricing structure and the possibility of a convincing win, surprised the attendance was not higher.....

Andy74
07-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Not necessarily.

Unless they had a cup top up and therefore the match was already paid for, people may have felt that paying £22 for a match against League Two opposition wasn't worth it and they would have stayed at home or gone to the pub to watch the Tottenham-Arsenal game and the rugby instead.

They paid for season tickets whilst Butcher was here.

Not many would have made those excuses.

Scottish cup quarter final at stake. Decent form playing good stuff. Pricing has made very little difference if any.

We'd have made more money charging more. Most that attended woukd have gone anyway. That's been pretty well proven over the years in pricing.

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2015, 01:34 PM
It was harder to judge the crowd yesterday because a lot of folk weren't in their usual seats. The north end of the West and the upper deck of the FF were busier than usual, but the East was quieter. 9,000 was nearly a third more than the Dundee Utd game at the same stage of the League Cup and they brought nearly 2,000, so not a bad crowd at all IMO.

berwickhibee
08-02-2015, 01:38 PM
They paid for season tickets whilst Butcher was here.

Not many would have made those excuses.

Scottish cup quarter final at stake. Decent form playing good stuff. Pricing has made very little difference if any.

We'd have made more money charging more. Most that attended woukd have gone anyway. That's been pretty well proven over the years in pricing.

made a difference to me and a few others here, went because prices were good:greengrin

Kavinho
08-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Made a difference to me

hibby6270
08-02-2015, 02:55 PM
I was there yesterday in my usual ST seat and would have been regardless of ticket price.

That said, was a bit surprised the crowd wasn't a bit bigger given the £10/£15 price.

Also don't think you could underestimate the effect the Spartans game may have had on our attendance. 2500 at their game was really good. Sure that some 'neutrals' might have made their way to ER instead if Spartans game hadn't been on at same time. No proof of that but it is possible.