PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match Moan

givescotlandfreedom
07-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Scott Allan was awarded it after 78 minutes. Not the biggest issue in the world but I think it's kind of disrespectful to the opposition to award it so early as if the game is already won and might even give them a bit of oomph to stick it to us more. Smacks a bit of Mourinho shaking hands with the opposing gaffer before a game is over to me :soapbox:

LaMotta
07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Scott Allan was awarded it after 78 minutes. Not the biggest issue in the world but I think it's kind of disrespectful to the opposition to award it so early as if the game is already won and might even give them a bit of oomph to stick it to us more. Smacks a bit of Mourinho shaking hands with the opposing gaffer before a game is over to me :soapbox:

Was about to post something similar. Last three weeks MOM announced at 78 mins 83 mins and 77 mins. Its bizarre to say the least.

Perhaps the sponsors are all nipping off early, as is the stadium announcer, to beat the traffic.

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 06:58 PM
We mentioned it that at the game, my Grandad said Cummings could score a hat trick in the last 13 minutes and he very nearly did! :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Its ridiculous and been bugging me for weeks...get it sorted Hibs. That PA GUY is a muppet at the best of times

Nomeancity
07-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Agree. Just seems to have been since this 12th man thing started. Mom with over 10 mins to go is stupid.

Saturday Boy
07-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Don't see any problem here. Surely the fans that leave early need to know who was MOM? :wink:

Feed McGraw
07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
We mentioned it that at the game, my Grandad said Cummings could score a hat trick in the last 13 minutes and he very nearly did! :greengrin Ha, I said exact same thing at match.

Mike_C
07-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Its ridiculous and been bugging me for weeks...get it sorted Hibs. That PA GUY is a muppet at the best of times

It's been bugging me for weeks!!! Totally ridiculous time to announce it!!

Malthibby
07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't see any problem here. Surely the fans that leave early need to know who was MOM? :wink:

:agree:Absolutely - it's bad enough missing the end of games because you have left early without having the MoM withheld from you as well.
I think we should also announce the final scores in the other games at 80 minutes so they don't miss them either.
GG

eastcoasthibby
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Same thinking far to early and no reason for it to be so early and I also have a moan about the fact that I don't think he was man of the match ....Fontaine, Stevenson had far better games, an opinion only. Whilst Scott does some fantastic things, he can be extremely frustrating ...workrate at times !!! wrong passes at times !! as long as he these things maybe we have a better chance of keeping if we can get promoted !!

LaMotta
07-02-2015, 07:23 PM
i reckon 87 mins is the very earliest it should be announced.

greenlex
07-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Clearly over the years the sponsor just picks whoever they want to meet and get the photo opportunity with. They should just announce it pre match and be done with it.

scoopyboy
07-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Same thinking far to early and no reason for it to be so early and I also have a moan about the fact that I don't think he was man of the match ....Fontaine, Stevenson had far better games, an opinion only. Whilst Scott does some fantastic things, he can be extremely frustrating ...workrate at times !!! wrong passes at times !! as long as he these things maybe we have a better chance of keeping if we can get promoted !!

Or possibly others aren't on the same wavelength, ie nothing wrong with the passes but wasted on some of the players on our team.

I agree a lot of his passes go astray but I can live with it due to the amount he gets right.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Fontaine was motm for me today. That's my moan.

Ozyhibby
07-02-2015, 07:34 PM
We really have turned the corner now if this is all we have to moan about. :-)

07-02-2015, 07:39 PM

Mine as well:agree:

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 07:42 PM

:agree:

tamig
07-02-2015, 07:48 PM

He was excellent today. He's solid but a great footballing centre half too. Showing tremendous consistency now.

Hedlund12
07-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Isn't it the 12th man who picks the MOTM?
12th Man is one of the hospitality package options.

Ozyhibby
07-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Allan was MotM today by a mile. Yes he can be lazy and is prone to hissy fits but be grateful for that as that's the reason we have him.
For the first time since Zemmama left we have a midfielder who tries to play the ball forward at the earliest opportunity.

Hibernian Verse
07-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Allan was MotM today by a mile. Yes he can be lazy and is prone to hissy fits but be grateful for that as that's the reason we have him.
For the first time since Zemmama left we have a midfielder who tries to play the ball forward at the earliest opportunity.

Apart from when he hogs it for too long, gets tackled and gives up

:na na:

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Scott Robertson was my MOTM.

marinello59
07-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Apart from when he hogs it for too long, gets tackled and gives up

:na na:

I'm sick of Hibs players trying to play the game with skill and more vision when it comes to making the killer pass than we are used to.
Booooo!

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Scott Robertson was my MOTM.

Today?

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah, just seemed every time a potential break was in he was there to break it up. Really reliable game and made life for our defenders really easy in the second half.

coco22
07-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Fontaine strolled the game today. Allan was great to watch (I'll take waving of the arms and a few verbals cos somebody else is a cpl of yards behind his vision (a couple of times he over worked it)). Hanlon also had a big voice today.

hibbymick
07-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Easily MOM. This guy wont be at Hibs long, what a player.

Fishwicke
07-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Would not argue but time on the Hibs score board showed 74 minutes when man of the match was announced.shortly after his substitution. I think it's a sponsor thing and they decide at halftime. Might be wrong.

Mikey09
07-02-2015, 10:18 PM
First time back at Easter Road today for a long time and to be honest they should have 2 MOTM awards each week.... The one Scott Allan WILL win and then another for everyone else to compete for. :wink:
Seriously.... That kid is head and shoulders above every other player on the park and I'm told that was him far from his best?! Really enjoyed it today.

LaMotta
07-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Would not argue but time on the Hibs score board showed 74 minutes when man of the match was announced.shortly after his substitution. I think it's a sponsor thing and they decide at halftime. Might be wrong.

It was 77 mins on the scoreboard.

oconnors_strip
07-02-2015, 10:51 PM

Normally is but today it was sponsors william hill who decided

Fishwicke
07-02-2015, 11:00 PM
It was 77 mins on the scoreboard.As I said I would not argue with you, hibs official website or bbc Scotland's report. Would only say that people in the east around me were commenting on the scoreboard time as shown on the away end of the ground.

lucky
07-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Sorry but the MOTM should be announced at the end off the game. After Allan went off Cummings could/should have had a Hatrick. But to be fair to the announcer he's the best we've have in years

LaMotta
07-02-2015, 11:14 PM
As I said I would not argue with you, hibs official website or bbc Scotland's report. Would only say that people in the east around me were commenting on the scoreboard time as shown on the away end of the ground.

You are confusing me by saying that you are not arguing with the 3 of us ( me, Hibs and BBC) but then saying that we are all wrong :)

tamig
08-02-2015, 12:11 AM
You are confusing me by saying that you are not arguing with the 3 of us ( me, Hibs and BBC) but then saying that we are all wrong :)
I remember looking at the scoreboard when the announcement was made - thinking "that's quite early" - and I concur. 100% 77 minutes.

wookie70
08-02-2015, 12:25 AM
The early announcement is bad enough but given some of the choices those making the decisions can't even be at the game. I thought Fontaine or Lewis were the only two in the running for it today. Allan played very well in patches but I don't think he was close to MOTM.

Jim44
08-02-2015, 12:31 AM
I thought Fontaine was the MOTM. He only made one mistake all day and strolled through the game.

AlbertK86
08-02-2015, 01:16 AM
Have I noticed that over recent weeks the sponsor mom has been announced early

Think it allows sponsors to get to he bar sharpish !!!

As for Mom .... Allan closely followed by big Jonny fontane,

As Scoopyboy says his passing is nearly always spot on its the rest of the team who do not read the pass early enough

Similar to Stevie Archibald when Jonny collins was the only one who was anywhere near on the same wavelength

As for folk moaning about Scott Allan .... Time to get real

For years we have moaned about lack of creative talent and now we have the most creative player in the league if not scotland plenty are still moaning !!!!!

Weststandwanab
08-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Or possibly others aren't on the same wavelength, ie nothing wrong with the passes but wasted on some of the players on our team.

I agree a lot of his passes go astray but I can live with it due to the amount he gets right.

I agree with that 100%

Spot on

First time back at Easter Road today for a long time and to be honest they should have 2 MOTM awards each week.... The one Scott Allan WILL win and then another for everyone else to compete for. :wink:
Seriously.... That kid is head and shoulders above every other player on the park and I'm told that was him far from his best?! Really enjoyed it today.

He was nowhere near is best today but still a joy to watch.

2 MOTM awards brilliant idea

Thecat23
08-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Allan I didn't think was near what he's been like for us yesterday. Fontaine I thought was MOTM with a very good display of composure, first touch and distribution. Never put a foot wrong. Allan a close second but yesterday was no where near how he has played in many other matches.

He's that good though he's allowed to go off the boil a bit 😁

Borderhibbie76
08-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Fontaine strolled the game today. Allan was great to watch (I'll take waving of the arms and a few verbals cos somebody else is a cpl of yards behind his vision (a couple of times he over worked it)). Hanlon also had a big voice today.

Opinions ah...i thought Hanlon had one of his poorest games of season today...he wasnt great last week either...outrun by Nade ffs

Beefster
08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I've had a ride in the last two years so don't give a **** when they announce Man of the Match.

Northernhibee
08-02-2015, 01:15 PM
I've had a ride in the last two years so don't give a **** when they announce Man of the Match.

Did you announce you'd finished thirteen minutes before you were supposed to?

Future17
08-02-2015, 01:16 PM

Brilliant. :-)

Beefster
08-02-2015, 01:18 PM

No but I left five minutes before we were finished to beat the traffic. I also booed half-way though.

Northernhibee
08-02-2015, 01:19 PM
No but I left five minutes before we were finished to beat the traffic.

:greengrin

Speedy
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Agree it was too early.

I'd have given it to Fontaine. Didn't think Allan had a great game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Been bugging me for weeks. Ridiculous

Alfred E Newman
08-02-2015, 06:09 PM

He maybe left early to beat the traffic.

Brooster
08-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Spoke about this after the Raith game and was convinced it was a factor in us subconsciously thinking the match was over. I think it should be announced after the game.