PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Congratulations on your 250th appearance, outstanding achievement.

MSK
07-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Congratulations on your 250th appearance, outstanding achievement.:agree:

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 05:43 PM
:agree:

Hopefully many more games to come.

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Congratulations on your 250th appearance, outstanding achievement.

One of the worst Hibs periods of football culminating eventually in dismal relegation... and an ever present in that run...hardly outstanding..

JAY-ESS GREEN
07-02-2015, 05:44 PM
One of the worst Hibs periods of football culminating eventually in dismal relegation... and an ever present in that run...hardly outstanding..
Aye ok

RedHibby
07-02-2015, 05:46 PM

One player does not get you relegated and if we had a team full of Lewis's we would not have been relegated in the first place.

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
One player does not get you relegated and if we had a team full of Lewis's we would not have been relegated in the first place.

I never said he did, i disagree with the outstanding achievement

CallumLaidlaw
07-02-2015, 05:49 PM

A congratulations thread and some people just can't help but be negative.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Well done to Lewis.

The ovation he got pre game from those in attendance was well deserved.

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 05:51 PM
A congratulations thread and some people just can't help but be negative.

I clapped at the game

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2015, 05:52 PM

If you cant think of anything positive to say on a congrats thread...dont bother at all ah? Well done Lewis...here is to the next 250 wee man

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 05:53 PM
If you cant think of anything positive to say on a congrats thread...dont bother at all ah? Well done Lewis...here is to the next 250 wee man

The thread is titled Lewis Stevenson, i posted an opinion about a comment made, is this also a non opinion thread?

Canongatehibs
07-02-2015, 05:54 PM

have to agree entirely.

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Don't think his 250 games were just in that period :rolleyes:

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Don't think his 250 games were just in that period :rolleyes:

You are right i forgot about that MOM performance in the 2007 final :rolleyes:

The_Horde
07-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Was my MOTM today through his sheer desire, work rate and reading of the game.

Nobody was great today at all but Lewy and Fontaine strolled it at times.

emerald green
07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Congratulations Lewis. 250 games for Hibs.

Not many players have achieved that milestone for Hibs over the past 140 years of the club's history, and I would bet not very many will match that in the future.

Seveno
07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Well done, Lewis. One of my favourite players.

Wilson
07-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Well done, Lewis. One of my favourite players.

Who are the others?

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Well done Lewis, i'd have given my right bawsack just for one game. :top marks

MichelleHibs
07-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Well done Lewis on reaching this milestone!! Here's to the next 250! A one club man?! GGTTH

Wilson
07-02-2015, 06:20 PM

Erm... Ok.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2015, 06:31 PM

You have 2 bawsacks?

Have you seen a doctor?

Tricla
07-02-2015, 06:43 PM

How is getting 250 appearances not a great achievement?

jacomo
07-02-2015, 06:54 PM

:agree:

Plenty of people to blame for our travails over the past 7 or so years. Lewis ain't one of them... but there will always be idiots who like to have a pop.

blackpoolhibs
07-02-2015, 06:55 PM
You have 2 bawsacks?

Have you seen a doctor?

Many times. :greengrin

Eyrie
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM

You've clearly never forgiven him for that either.

Stevenson has played 250 times for Hibs under a succession of different managers with different approaches to the team. He has kept his place when we have had good teams (as now) as well as when he has been in a poor team.

So can you explain your negative opinion in more detail?

matty_f
07-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Well done Lewis.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Think this pretty much covers the majority view

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?298280-Contract-Extension-Lewis-Stevenson

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 07:16 PM
The thread is titled Lewis Stevenson, i posted an opinion about a comment made, is this also a non opinion thread?

Away and start your own thread if all you want to do is knock him. Embarrassing and pathetic.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2015, 07:18 PM

Well done Lewis and here's to the next 250 appearances. :aok:

Deansy
07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
250 appearances / 250 100% displays - Cheers Lewis, here's to the next 250 !!

emerald green
07-02-2015, 07:21 PM

The bit in bold. No, it's not "a non opinion thread", but don't come out with that excuse if you find your opinion being challenged.

poolman
07-02-2015, 07:23 PM

Congratulations

You've won the numpty of the evening award

wfortune
07-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Well done Lewis.

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 07:38 PM
The bit in bold. No, it's not "a non opinion thread", but don't come out with that excuse if you find your opinion being challenged.

What are you talking about? challenged? did you read the post i replied to?? i was told not to bother posting at all.....would you like to ammend your post? im happy to debate and be challenged on opinion but what happens here is you are told to delete posts, dictated to called a numpty or idiot...or was that what you meant by being challenged? as i missed the opinionated debate on football

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 07:39 PM

Tbf it wasn't even an opinion thread, it was a Congratulations thread, not a "what level of achievement do you think this is" thread. Shame that the doom and gloomers can't help themselves.

TAHibby
07-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Well done Lewis, how about another 250? Could imagine him still getting up and down the touchline all game in about 10 years!

Billychaotic182
07-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Go back to kick back mate. You are clearly fishing.

The rolled eyes at the mom last time we won a cup??? Like that's something not to be proud off?

emerald green
07-02-2015, 08:00 PM
What are you talking about? challenged? did you read the post i replied to?? i was told not to bother posting at all.....would you like to ammend your post? im happy to debate and be challenged on opinion but what happens here is you are told to delete posts, dictated to called a numpty or idiot...or was that what you meant by being challenged? as i missed the opinionated debate on football

Yes, I read the post you replied to. It said... "Congratulations on your 250th appearance, outstanding achievement". A nice compliment to a player who has always given 100% for this club.

You replied with..."One of the worst periods of football culminating eventually in dismal relegation and an ever present in that run...hardly outstanding.."

You may have been told to not bother posting at all. I can understand where that poster was coming from, but that wasn't me, so what are you talking about?

No, I would not like to amend my post. Do you know why? It's because I'm entitled to post my opinion, just like you.

I'm not dictating to you, calling you a numpty or an idiot. I simply disagree with your opinion, and I believe that giving years of loyal service to Hibernian Football Club, racking up 250 appearances, is outstanding in this day and age.

That's what I mean by being challenged. Other posters can speak for themselves.

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Go back to kick back mate. You are clearly fishing.

The rolled eyes at the mom last time we won a cup??? Like that's something not to be proud off?

Brilliant, i really give up on this site, as for your last sentence it says it all about missing the point.

Ill leave it at this, i clapped for his 250th appearance and supported him at the game, i like Stevenson in the championship but i dont think its an OUTSTANDING achievement at 250 games considering our recent past.....ill give up now

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Brilliant, i really give up on this site, as for your last sentence it says it all about missing the point.

Ill leave it at this, i clapped for his 250th appearance and supported him at the game, i like Stevenson in the championship but i dont think its an OUTSTANDING achievement at 250 games considering our recent past.....ill give up now
Please do.

emerald green
07-02-2015, 08:09 PM

Before you go Pedro, what about a reply to my post #40?

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Before you go Pedro, what about a reply to my post #40?

I replied specifically to a post where i was told not to post....hence the non opinion thread comment. You wrote a one liner about my opinion being challenged only citing my reply to that post... So you do think getting told not to post is being challenged or are we just getting silly, the rest of your post is passing the buck as other poster say idiot or numpty not you...does that change the point that its not really a challange...my specific point was in reply to your one liner. Lets move on

pedroorange1875
07-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Please do.

Thanks, ill send you a pm asking for permission to post again when i get over the debate pasting you just gave me

Fergos
07-02-2015, 08:22 PM
In a modern day age of football mercenaries and what we have been through via a revolving door of piss poor loan signings pre Stubbsy, it's a very welcome change to be able to congratulate Lewis on this milestone, only the 60th player in our proud history to do so.

It's not a debate on his attributes, it's recognition of outstanding service from a lad that quietly goes about his business with a great old school attitude.

Love to see him get a testimonial.

Well done Lewis

GGTTH

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Thanks, ill send you a pm asking for permission to post again when i get over the debate pasting you just gave me

Just assume the response is 'denied'. Save yourself the effort.

emerald green
07-02-2015, 08:32 PM
I replied specifically to a post where i was told not to post....hence the non opinion thread comment. You wrote a one liner about my opinion being challenged only citing my reply to that post... So you do think getting told not to post is being challenged or are we just getting silly, the rest of your post is passing the buck as other poster say idiot or numpty not you...does that change the point that its not really a challange...my specific point was in reply to your one liner. Lets move on

I'll just say the same as you. What are you talking about? :confused:

Yep, let's "move on". Life's too short.

bigwheel
07-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Superb Lewis - great pro! If there is anyone that still doesn't appreciate what Lewis brings to the team - go and support the Hearts !

whiskyhibby
07-02-2015, 09:09 PM
I smell an undercover Yam in this thread.....

Stantons Angel
07-02-2015, 09:38 PM

I beg to differ here! the opinionated debate on football you mention is non existent as far as im concerned!

You are not debating football with your comments you are slating an individual who is our longest serving player, who has played under 7 different managers, who ALL thought highly enough of him to include him in the team.

If playing 250 games for one club is not an achievement for ANY player then what on earth is!!

Its people like you who hog a complimentary post to be different from everyone else and cause a bit of negativity. You are entitled you your opinion certainly, but at a time when negativity has hung over us for years please try and concentrate on something good happening around your club!!!!

As another poster pointed out it took more than Lewis to get us relegated!!!

hfc rd
07-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Give the lad the testimonial he richly deserves!