PDA

View Full Version : Dylan McGeouch

hfc rd
07-02-2015, 04:44 PM
With Celtic signing two attacking midfielders in Gary Mackay-Steven & Stuart Armstrong from Dundee United. That potentially and probably looks as if Dylan is getting pushed further down the pecking order at Darkheid, therefore what's the chances of getting Dylan McGeouch signed up on a permanent basis? Really hope we can tie him up permanently.

J-C
07-02-2015, 04:45 PM
With Celtic signing two attacking midfielders in Gary Mackay-Steven & Stuart Armstrong from Dundee United. That potentially and probably looks as if Dylan is getting pushed further down the pecking order at Darkheid, therefore what's the chances of getting Dylan McGeouch signed up on a permanent basis? Really hope we can tie him up permanently.

It may all depend on if we go up or not.

hfc rd
07-02-2015, 04:47 PM
It may all depend on if we go up or not.

You're probably right J-C and that probably goes along with others in the team.

neil7908
07-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Really hope we keep him as well, he made a huge difference when he came on today with his direct running. Thought we were far too slow and pedestrian without him.

Like a few of our better players a lot will be down to what division we'll be in next year.

Stevie Reid
07-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Exactly the sort of player that Aberdeen and Dundee Utd will be looking at if we don't go up (or even if we do, actually). I'd imagine a few English teams would have him on their radar as well.

Great player to watch, skillful and dynamic. Just wish he'd shoot more.

Juice-Terry
07-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Best player at the club. We should go all out to sign him (assuming he's willing to potentially play another season in the championship).

QMU-1875
07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Heard he has been offered a 2 year deal and agreed terms.

Borderhibbie76
07-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Heard he has been offered a 2 year deal and agreed terms.

Pray this is true. ..that would be tremendous if we got him

Nomeancity
07-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Thought he looked great when he came on today.

Carheenlea
07-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Immediate concern first and foremost - he must start on Friday night.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-02-2015, 06:22 PM

He won't return to Celtic. However, he might not fancy another season in the championship so he will probably wait to see where we are going to be playing. He won't be short of offers in the summer.

Was he carrying a knock today? He's seriously missed when he's not on the pitch. Great player

givescotlandfreedom
07-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Great player and showed the difference once he came on :flag:

07-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Was thinking the same thing, hopefully the signings of Armstrong and Mackay-Steven have given us a better chance of getting him permanently. Although, as someone already mentioned, a lot will depend on whether we go up or not because no doubt SPL teams will have a wee eye on him.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2015, 06:29 PM
McGeouch and Allan have been top drawer signings. McGeough's energy lifts the team and that was obvious when he came on the park today. The same thing happened in the New Year Derby. Dylan came on mid-way through the 2nd half when Hearts were having their best spell of the game and he turned it around. Hibs then finished the game the stronger side.

Would be great to tie both players up for longer.

Col2
07-02-2015, 06:31 PM
When he came on today I thought we upped our pace from 1st gear to 2nd/3rd. He is a fantastic player and must start v Newco on Friday.

Gmack7
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I hope it's not sellick in the final as he won't be able to play 😀

Onion
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Quickly becoming one of my favourite Hibs players. Him and Scott A. Both are quality players with ability to unlock opposition. Both worth paying money to watch.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm sure they are already but Hibs should be doing everything they possibly can to get McGeouch on a permanent deal.

The guy's a class act at this level and our midfield sparked into life as soon as he came on today.

I feel that if he's playing at the top of his game on Friday night then we'll win.

Excellent signing.

tamig
07-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Really hope we keep him as well, he made a huge difference when he came on today with his direct running. Thought we were far too slow and pedestrian without him.

Like a few of our better players a lot will be down to what division we'll be in next year.
He did make a huge difference. The whole tempo increased in our play when he came on and the ball was moved about much more quickly. Would love him to sign permanently.

gaz1875
07-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Best player at the club. We should go all out to sign him (assuming he's willing to potentially play another season in the championship).

Totally agree, very good player to watch, drives the team forward at ever opportunity and tracks back if he does loose possession. :top marks

crash
07-02-2015, 08:28 PM
One of the few positive players in the team, would be a great signing.

California-Hibs
08-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Didn't 'Thecat' say we had a chance of getting him permanently as both Hibs and Celtic were happy to come to an agreement?

I may be completly wrong though. Just sure I read a thread on here regarding Allan signing an extended deal and Mcgeough perminently.

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Didn't 'Thecat' say we had a chance of getting him permanently as both Hibs and Celtic were happy to come to an agreement?

I may be completly wrong though. Just sure I read a thread on here regarding Allan signing an extended deal and Mcgeough perminently.

That isn't good news - the cats rarely correct with his info. Disappointing.

I think he's our best player, he consistently drives the team forward.

B.H.F.C
08-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Better player than I thought we were getting to be honest.

When I was down at one of the East Mains visits I got the feeling that he's the first name on the team sheet when fully fit the way Stubbs spoke about him.

Theinsider
08-02-2015, 09:31 AM

He did mate yes. Think it was on the transfer deadline day thread. Hopefully true as would both be great signings. Just get Fyvie tied up and that's some young midfield talent.

carnoustiehibee
08-02-2015, 09:45 AM
He did mate yes. Think it was on the transfer deadline day thread. Hopefully true as would both be great signings. Just get Fyvie tied up and that's some young midfield talent.

No he didn't. He said Mcgeouch liked it here but would be going back to Celtic

Danderhall Hibs
08-02-2015, 10:19 AM

He'll have said both so he's covering all bases.

Theinsider
08-02-2015, 10:30 AM

Apologies. I though he had said there were extension deals on the table for Gray and Allan. With a two year deal on the table for McGeogh.

SaulGoodman
08-02-2015, 10:42 AM
One of the few positive players in the team, would be a great signing.

One of the few?

J-C
08-02-2015, 12:27 PM

There's no agreement to come to with Celtic, his contract is up in the summer then and he's a free agent then, we can offer him a deal now for the start of next seaason, it just depends if he wants it or not.

MB62
08-02-2015, 12:41 PM
There's no agreement to come to with Celtic, his contract is up in the summer then and he's a free agent then, we can offer him a deal now for the start of next seaason, it just depends if he wants it or not.

I'm sure I read there is a years option on his contract with celtc, so maybe not that straight forward.
When he first came in to the same midfield as Scott Allan, I wondered if they were too similar to play together. After yesterday though, I'm now beginning to think that maybe Scott missed Dylan as he was left to do all the creative work on his own.

BTW I reckon Fraser Fyvie will be an excellent signing and hope we can tie him up longer term.

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2015, 12:51 PM
The pace of the game gets upped every time he comes on .... would love us to sign him and see him play from the start all the time.

Jim44
08-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Celtic will be keeping tabs on McGeouch, no doubt, and if he 'shines' too much for us will reconsider their options.

Andy74
08-02-2015, 01:34 PM

He's also under the age of moving for free. If Celtic were to offer him equal terms at any stage we'd be due them a fee.

J-C
08-02-2015, 01:49 PM
He's also under the age of moving for free. If Celtic were to offer him equal terms at any stage we'd be due them a fee.

You might be right, forgot he's still fairly young, if he's down to 5-6 option for them, they may feel it's time to let him go.