PDA

View Full Version : Lampard-Gerrard-Scholes.

Mikey09
07-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Who would you have in your team and WHY?? It's a head scratcher but for me I would go for Scholes. I really struggle with this one but I just loved how the wee fella played. Scored some fantastic goals, never wasted a pass. But just seemed like a normal lad living the dream.... Thoughts?

TowerHibs
07-02-2015, 01:01 PM
I love Scholes, everything about him really. Underrated by the majority of people I say.

However, I have to go for Lamps. Though. He may be fat (although I don't think so), he may be slow. But you can't knock 20 goals a season from centre mid. A true professional who worked hard at his game. 20 goals every year for so long.

Gerrard is not near the other 2 in terms of ability, achievements or big game experience. Great player though

Scholes would win my heart but lampard would win head

overdrive
07-02-2015, 01:05 PM
I love Scholes, everything about him really. Underrated by the majority of people I say.

However, I have to go for Lamps. Though. He may be fat (although I don't think so), he may be slow. But you can't knock 20 goals a season from centre mid. A true professional who worked hard at his game. 20 goals every year for so long.

Gerrard is not near the other 2 in terms of ability, achievements or big game experience. Great player though

Scholes would win my heart but lampard would win head
This. Gerrard is not in the same league

Baldy
07-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Gerrard is the best English player of his generation by a long way, he almost single handedly dragged Liverpool into the positions they have found themselves

the other 2 played in great teams and that helps but for 17 years Gerrard has been the linchpin of a club

TowerHibs
07-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Gerrard is the best English player of his generation by a long way, he almost single handedly dragged Liverpool into the positions they have found themselves

the other 2 played in great teams and that helps but for 17 years Gerrard has been the linchpin of a club

I do understand this argument but he others a major contributers of successful teams. Gerrard is the lynch pin of an overall unsuccessful team

Baldy
07-02-2015, 01:12 PM
I do understand this argument but he others a major contributers of successful teams. Gerrard is the lynch pin of an overall unsuccessful team

so by your thinking Paul Hartley must have been a better player than Sauzee?, Hartley was a major contributor to successful teams (numerous titles at Celtic), Sauzee won only a 1st div title at Hibs

you can't say a player having loyalty to the club he loves should be a hindrance.

Mikey09
07-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Wait till our resident scouser reads this.... :faf:

TheFamous1875
07-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Re: the England squad - surely they should've went with three in the middle, scholes sitting, and Gerrard and Lampard attackig? Bonkers from them (personally I suspect that the kept it 4-4-2 for Beckham's sake.)

Oh, and Scholes is the answer from me! He contributed more all-round than the other two. The argument for Gerrard is again that he wasn't ever in as good a team as the other two, so you could argue for him, come to think of it.

TowerHibs
07-02-2015, 01:28 PM
so by your thinking Paul Hartley must have been a better player than Sauzee?, Hartley was a major contributor to successful teams (numerous titles at Celtic), Sauzee won only a 1st div title at Hibs

you can't say a player having loyalty to the club he loves should be a hindrance.
Yeah, your right. I totally ignore Sauzees career before hibs and say Hartley is better. That's exactly what I meant. Jesus wept.

not saying Gerrard is crap, best Liverpool player of generation but been a poor Liverpool mostly for twenty years. Lamps and Scholes were major parts of league winning, champions league winning and cup winning teams. Gerrard, has done 2 out of 3 which FOR ME is the deciding factor.

Hartley better than Sauzee, christ almighty

TowerHibs
07-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Also being at one club doesnt affect my judgement on Scholes who I love more than lamps.

God Petrie
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
None of these overhyped nobodies.

Scottie
07-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Wait till our resident scouser reads this.... :faf:
:greengrin
Scholes for me.

Zidane was asked who was the player you would most like to play with ? His answer was Scholes.
Dosent get any higher praise than that. :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Scholes by the countriest of country miles.

easty
07-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Scholes.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2015, 02:04 PM

What you said. Gerrard single handedly won the European Cup for an average Liverpool side. They would have disintegrated into Newcastle or Stoke status had they not had him carrying them over the years. The other two were great players, but played alongside excellent players.

Smartie
07-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Scholes. Best English player of his generation. May be in with a shout of best ever.

A magnificent footballer and the only midfielder that got close to being as good as Zidane. Pirlo has been immense too.

Gerrard and Lampard have been good premiership players and talismen for their clubs but not in the same league as the I mentioned.

Scouse Hibee
07-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Awrite calm down,calm down youse lot. Stevie G is the best by a country mile, even has finals named after him after he dragged Liverpool from defeat to victory. The other two couldn't lace his boots FACT END OF ;-) YNWA Gerrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

Pretty Boy
07-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Scholes just.

All 3 are/were outstanding players though.

heretoday
07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Scholesie. No question.

dmc1875
07-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Scholes the most talented but Gerrard the most all round player hands down. This is a guy who has dragged, literally, an entire team for over ten years to be better than they are. He was also the sole reason they came back and won a champions league and fa cup. Neither of the others did that.

Gerrard it is.

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Scholes at a canter for me.

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Gerrard for me. All round player.

Eyrie
07-02-2015, 07:44 PM
The only reason not to nominate Scholes would be if I had reservations about his tackling style, but even allowing for his "well timed clumsiness" I'd still give him the edge.

Sir David Gray
07-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Paul Scholes was the best midfielder in England for almost his entire career.

His range of passing was outstanding.

Bronson
07-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Gerrard for me. Scholes aged the best of the 3 due to the style of his game, and Lampard is probably the best goalscoring midfielder I've seen, but if you offered me one of the 3 in their prime it would have to be Gerrard.

Winston Ingram
08-02-2015, 09:04 AM

Andy74
08-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Couldn't care less.

1987kev
08-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Lampard there is no other world footballer in centre mid that scores 20 goals a season he's chelsea all time goal scorer from centre mid

jdships
08-02-2015, 11:05 AM
The best " all round player " has to be Gerrard .
The other two have great attributes but for what he has put into the game overall club/country it has to be SG

And a lovely guy to spend time with !!!

jdships
08-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Couldn't care less.

Great response - well done :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Lampard there is no other world footballer in centre mid that scores 20 goals a season he's chelsea all time goal scorer from centre mid

Frank for me too. All 3 have made decent contributions to my pocket via FGS bets.

HibernianJK
08-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Frank Lampard for me. Hero of mine. Just dont think we will ever see such an effective box to box midfielder for a long time.

Gerrard is a great player but overhyped IMO.

Scholes was better than Gerrard but Lampard tops it for me.

ScottB
08-02-2015, 12:28 PM
The best " all round player " has to be Gerrard .
The other two have great attributes but for what he has put into the game overall club/country it has to be SG

And a lovely guy to spend time with !!!

Unless you're playing music he doesn't like ;)

Scholes for me, purely because Zidane thinks he's the best. Pretty sure Xavi said much the same too.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Scholes was the best footballer in my opinion, but if i had to pick one it would be Lampard, he just does the hardest thing to do in football so much more regularly than any other midfielder does, and some forwards.

The_Exile
08-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Couldn't pick one to be honest. They're all world class players who would've walked into any midfield on the planet at their peak. They all bring different things to the table and it really depends on what you're looking for from your midfield. If you're building a team to have possession of the football then you have Scholes. If you're building a team to play counter attack you pick Gerrard as he can tackle and win possession for the break, the other two can't tackle for toffee. If you want to set a team up that can go back to front all game long then you pick Lampard as he's probably the best box to box midfielder of a generation. I never got all the "Fat" Frank talk, he was the fittest player in the Premiership and played 90 minutes every game for years.

Basically it's different strokes for different folks.

I'd have had Scholes though. :greengrin