PDA

View Full Version : Diddums

Jim44
06-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Kenny Shiels ranting on about how that horrible Govan lot have ruined his son's career in the last three years. Maybe he should have thought about that before he went in search of big bucks.

SlickShoes
06-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Didn't he have the chance to leave about a year and a half ago but was deciding to stay and take the money because it was essentially a life changing amount he would be giving up?

Dean has mode more money from The Rangers than he ever could have anywhere else, he will find a club and get back to playing when his contract runs out and he will probably be a millionaire, if not then very close unless he has squandered the money he's been paid.

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2015, 11:50 AM
I like how he says "as a neutral" he thinks Dean is the best player at the club and would walk into the number 10 position at any club in Scotland bar Celtic as they have Kris Commons.

The_Exile
06-02-2015, 11:54 AM
I like how he says "as a neutral" he thinks Dean is the best player at the club and would walk into the number 10 position at any club in Scotland bar Celtic as they have Kris Commons.

Looks like he misspelt "Hibs" and "Scott Allan". Eejit.

LancsHibs
06-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Dean made his own bed and now he must lie in it!

SlickShoes
06-02-2015, 12:12 PM

A bed of money

Springbank
06-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Enjoyed his goal at Tynecastle

snooky
06-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Old proverb:
If you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows.

Weststandwanab
06-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Kenny Shiels ranting on about how that horrible Govan lot have ruined his son's career in the last three years. Maybe he should have thought about that before he went in search of big bucks.

Sheils senior is a knob – apologies to knobs – he “purred” his delight when his son signed for them and how much money his son would be earning.

I recall his saying “its Dean time”

I hope the lad has been careful with his corn as the good times are about to end.

Didn't he have the chance to leave about a year and a half ago but was deciding to stay and take the money because it was essentially a life changing amount he would be giving up?

Dean has mode more money from The Rangers than he ever could have anywhere else, he will find a club and get back to playing when his contract runs out and he will probably be a millionaire, if not then very close unless he has squandered the money he's been paid.

He did and chose to continue taking the Sveco Shillings

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Such a waste. He had the option to come home to Hibs but chose the dollar instead. Some will say "you can't blame him" for choosing £10k pw over maybe £1/2k pw which is fair enough. Can't then complain about the circumstances though

Kojock
06-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Such a waste. He had the option to come home to Hibs but chose the dollar instead. Some will say "you can't blame him" for choosing £10k pw over maybe £1/2k pw which is fair enough. Can't then complain about the circumstances though

Deans not complaining his twat of a father is. Be interested to hear Deans point of view.

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Is there any management jobs going in Scottish football?? Shiels seems to be reminding everyone that he's around.

Geo_1875
06-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Is there any management jobs going in Scottish football?? Shiels seems to be reminding everyone that he's around.

He'll have just heard there's a vacancy coming up at Killie.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Deans not complaining his twat of a father is. Be interested to hear Deans point of view.

I know. I was meaning his dad moaning. Kenny was happy enough for him to sign for the Rangers back at the time. Shouldn't moan now

Smartie
06-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Ach, I've always liked Deano.

Whilst you could have seen this coming a mile off, it doesn't really give me any joy to hurl "We told you so" jibes at a guy who always tried his best and did well for us.

Hibby Bairn
06-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Always liked Kenny Shiels. Says what he thinks and ready to challenge the established way of doing things. Had a decent team as well.

KeithTheHibby
06-02-2015, 05:25 PM
I wonder when Ian Black and David Templetons fathers will trot this line out too?

These players that went to sevco in the 4th tier were doing it for money at the expense of their career, simple as.

Templeton is the one that really gets me. Total waste of talent however no sympathy for any of these guys coming from me.

06-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Pretty much why the huns are in the predicament they are in - big big wages for bench players.

weonlywon6-2
06-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Out of curiosity, how many folk on here would take the offer of their wage multiplying say 5 times per week and turn it down,I would say no one,so maybe we shouldn't criticise players when they do it,it's a bit hypocritical

In my opinion

The Gorf
06-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I hope he gets something soon. I've missed his after match interviews talking about the Ref.

CallumLaidlaw
06-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Out of curiosity, how many folk on here would take the offer of their wage multiplying say 5 times per week and turn it down,I would say no one,so maybe we shouldn't criticise players when they do it,it's a bit hypocritical

In my opinion

I don't think that's the point. He was well aware that going to Rangers means he may not play every week. And now his dad is moaning that Rangers have ruined his career - it was a choice he made

weonlywon6-2
06-02-2015, 06:01 PM
I don't think that's the point. He was well aware that going to Rangers means he may not play every week. And now his dad is moaning that Rangers have ruined his career - it was a choice he made

I know ,it was a post in reaction to comments about taking the money and playing for rangers in the bottom league

Carheenlea
06-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I loved watching Dean Shiels play for Hibs, and when on the top of his game he was a joy to watch. As others have said, his move to Rangers has made him a wealthy young man. The celebrations of his Tynecastle goal were as wild as I've experienced, and for that I can bear him no grudges.

Jim44
06-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Given the ignominious state of the club and the dire financial struggles they had just been through, should these mercenaries and their greedy agents not have realised that sometimes, if things seem too good to be true, there's probably a catch or risk somewhere? Unsurprisingly, things have gone a bit tits up for them and I've little sympathy. They've made a small fortune and most will probably go on to a decent career elsewhere when the time comes.

06-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Ach, I've always liked Deano.

Whilst you could have seen this coming a mile off, it doesn't really give me any joy to hurl "We told you so" jibes at a guy who always tried his best and did well for us.

I quite like him as well, a decent player for us but sadly he chose a money move rather than a move thats better for his football. A mistake so many other players have made but always sad to see talent wasted at the OF simply because players are so blind sighted by the big money wages.

Smartie
06-02-2015, 07:08 PM
I quite like him as well, a decent player for us but sadly he chose a money move rather than a move thats better for his football. A mistake so many other players have made but always sad to see talent wasted at the OF simply because players are so blind sighted by the big money wages.

The money was clearly a big attraction but I wouldn't say it was the only one.

As I recollect Deano is "Rangers-minded". At the start of their journey back from the bottom of the pile of Scottish football there was an opportunity for players who go there to forever be held in high regard by their fans. They could be the players that sacrificed International football prospects, the chance to play at a higher level and win trophies there in order to get a big club up the divisions (for the opposite see what their fans think of the players that left the club under TUPE regulations). I can see why that might appeal to a Rangers supporter like Deano and I think it's grossly unfair to consider financial motivation to be the only motivation in going there.

Ok, this has backfired big time and has led to their higher earners being resented rather than appreciated (see what their fans think of McCoist, McCulloch and the likes of Deano for this). Hindsight is a wonderful thing and to be fair there were plenty of people giving such warnings at the time. I can see why he went there though and don't think massively less of him for it and I don't really feel like gloating now that it hasn't worked out.

06-02-2015, 07:16 PM
The money was clearly a big attraction but I wouldn't say it was the only one.

As I recollect Deano is "Rangers-minded". At the start of their journey back from the bottom of the pile of Scottish football there was an opportunity for players who go there to forever be held in high regard by their fans. They could be the players that sacrificed International football prospects, the chance to play at a higher level and win trophies there in order to get a big club up the divisions (for the opposite see what their fans think of the players that left the club under TUPE regulations). I can see why that might appeal to a Rangers supporter like Deano and I think it's grossly unfair to consider financial motivation to be the only motivation in going there.

Ok, this has backfired big time and has led to their higher earners being resented rather than appreciated (see what their fans think of McCoist, McCulloch and the likes of Deano for this). Hindsight is a wonderful thing and to be fair there were plenty of people giving such warnings at the time. I can see why he went there though and don't think massively less of him for it and I don't really feel like gloating now that it hasn't worked out.

Fair point indeed and I wasn't actually aware that Deano was a rangers fan so yea I can kinda see a wee bit more why he chose to go there.

Mikey
06-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Enjoyed his goal at Tynecastle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aFmJPsP3I

Lago
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM

In my opinion
Your opinion is shared by me.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Funny enough had this convo at work earlier. ..no sympathy whatsoever. ...enjoynthe £7k per week Deano...hope it was worth it...yet another player tripping over himself to move to the ugly sisters with a ruined career to look back on...when will they learn??

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2015, 11:39 PM

In my opinion

It's a no brainer. He's a fan is he not. So Hibs fans who would "play for the club for free" would decide not to move to their boyhood heroes from England and get a decent wedge - multiples of what you'd earn elsewhere?

Somethings been disengaged if folks would do otherwise. Your one (and likely only) chance to play for your team?!

FitbaFolkKen
06-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Has He maybe been just been knocked back after enquiring about the job there?

Sour grapes :wink:

hibee
07-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Don't see what all the fuss is about, it was his choice, he knew he was dropping leagues and ruining an international career but still couldn't wait to take the money.

Fife-Hibee
07-02-2015, 08:44 AM

That goal still gives me goosebumps! What a night!!

Spike Mandela
07-02-2015, 08:54 AM

I'm in that video, my friend filmed it. :greengrin Great game.

Spike Mandela
07-02-2015, 09:05 AM

I'm in that video, my friend filmed it. :greengrin Great game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-02-2015, 10:47 AM
10k a week and Saturdays off is the deal that Dean has? Looks like Shiels Senior just needs in the papers again. When you have a team, with a manager that doesn't want to be there, have players parachuted in en masse that don't belong there, I don't see the value in implicating your own son as not being part of the solution. Minds me of Kurtis Byrne's jakey old boy, trying to make a noise.

Lucius Apuleius
07-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Think some are missing the point. Nothing wrong with chasing the money but no point moaning when it goes mammaries up and you don't get to play often.

Brizo
07-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Always thought Dean seemed a good lad and ive no problem with a Rangers fan going to play for their boyhood team. How much of the whining originally came from him or his old boys need for self promotion :dunno:

As for Shiels senior he comes across as a snide attention seeking gobsh@te. People talk about him speaking his mind. Too often when he's done that and then been pulled up for it, he plays the old " ive been misquoted / misinterpreted / taken out of context " card. He's like the wee kid at school who misbehaves, knows he's misbehaved and then blames everyone else.