PDA

View Full Version : Craig suspended for Dumbarton game

The Sundance Kid
05-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Liam Craig will be suspended for the Dumbarton game after picking up his 6th league booking of the season against Raith Rovers.

Would have missed the Rangers game had it not been moved to the Friday for TV, as the suspension doesn't come into play until a fortnight after going over the limit for bookings

Stuarty27
05-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Oh if Carlsberg could do Thursday nights...

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Think Cummings is only one booking away for a ban as well. He like Craig, has had too many stupid bookings this season

Jonnyboy
05-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Liam Craig will be suspended for the Dumbarton game after picking up his 6th league booking of the season against Raith Rovers.

Would have missed the Rangers game had it not been moved to the Friday for TV, as the suspension doesn't come into play until a fortnight after going over the limit for bookings

Wonder how many of those six were for moaning at the ref ............ probably six :wink:

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Wonder how many of those six were for moaning at the ref ............ probably six :wink:

He's lucky he's only been booked 6 times for moaning. Wish he would just concentrate on his game

Jonnyboy
05-02-2015, 08:22 PM
He's lucky he's only been booked 6 times for moaning. Wish he would just concentrate on his game

:agree:

3pm
05-02-2015, 08:26 PM

His moaning is an embarrassment.

Pete
05-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Boooooo

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Big loss, important player.

lord bunberry
05-02-2015, 08:39 PM
That's a nightmare I'm going to have to find someone else to direct my vitriol at. I'll probably go down the tried and tested route of singling out wee Lewis

HibsNutter
05-02-2015, 09:05 PM
The moaning is indeed very irritating, by all means a captain should be able to ask referee's to explain decisions to them but it seems as if he just yells at them all the time.

Unseen work
05-02-2015, 09:07 PM
this will be the start of the new midfield

............fyvie
mcgeouch....robertson
............Allan

J-C
05-02-2015, 09:30 PM
He's had maybe 3 decent games this season, no great loss and will allow Stanton or Fyvie to show their worth.

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2015, 09:42 PM
He's had maybe 3 decent games this season, no great loss and will allow Stanton or Fyvie to show their worth.Had more than 3 decent games this year alone

My_Wife_Camille
05-02-2015, 09:44 PM
A devastating blow for Dumbarton

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2015, 09:44 PM
Deary me.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2015, 09:49 PM
I agree with the comments regarding his moaning as he does go overboard a bit.

However some of the remarks on here are ridiculous.

Personally I'm just glad that the game he'll miss is against Dumbarton and not Sevco.

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I agree with the comments regarding his moaning as he does go overboard a bit.

However some of the remarks on here are ridiculous.

Personally I'm just glad that the game he'll miss is against Dumbarton and not Sevco.

It's embarrassing the way some folk go on. Folk moaned when he didn't do enough captain stuff now he's doing stuff he's doing too much of it.

In fact the amount if moaning they do at him is worse than what he does at refs.

Has he even been booked for dissent this season or is this just one of those things someone said that's got out if hand and is now fact?

He's better off getting out of the club and he can go and prove everyone wrong somewhere else.

Sir David Gray
05-02-2015, 10:03 PM
It's embarrassing the way some folk go on. Folk moaned when he didn't do enough captain stuff now he's doing stuff he's doing too much of it.

In fact the amount if moaning they do at him is worse than what he does at refs.

Has he even been booked for dissent this season or is this just one of those things someone said that's got out if hand and is now fact?

He's better off getting out of the club and he can go and prove everyone wrong somewhere else.

I'm someone who rates Liam Craig as a footballer and I think he's much better than some people on here will ever give him credit for.

However I do accept that there is some truth in the comments about his moaning. It is too much at times.

Danderhall Hibs
05-02-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm someone who rates Liam Craig as a footballer and I think he's much better than some people on here will ever give him credit for.

However I do accept that there is some truth in the comments about his moaning. It is too much at times.

You're our stats man - how many yellows were for dissent?

silverhibee
05-02-2015, 10:08 PM

silverhibee
:greengrin

Boyle89

Hahaha. Fairly made me chuckle.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2015, 10:13 PM

Like Trig, i actually feel LC gets a rough deal on here and that he is a better player than many give him credit for BUT it is not a Hibs.net myth that he gets booked for dissent. Don't have the actual stats but I clearly recall around three or four bookings for dissent

Sir David Gray
05-02-2015, 10:16 PM

It's not too easy to find that kind of information to be honest. I'm not saying that he's always been booked for his moaning or dissent but when I'm watching him on the pitch, he just seems to go over the score on quite a few occasions when he's contesting a decision that's been made.

Diclonius
05-02-2015, 10:35 PM
I look forward to the comittee deciding who'll be the scapegoat for the Dumbarton game.

ehf
05-02-2015, 11:07 PM

But good news for their right back's arse.

California-Hibs
06-02-2015, 03:15 AM

Agree completely! The treatment he receives from lots of Hibs 'fans' is a complete joke! Why must we always have a scapegoat?! He will be yet another GOOD player hounded out of Easter Road because of our moaning faced fans.

afro
06-02-2015, 06:08 AM
The last time he missed a match , We lost

scoopyboy
06-02-2015, 08:27 AM

Put it this way, I cannot recall him being booked for a bad tackle and I've probably witnessed all six of his bookings.

J-C
06-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Agree completely! The treatment he receives from lots of Hibs 'fans' is a complete joke! Why must we always have a scapegoat?! He will be yet another GOOD player hounded out of Easter Road because of our moaning faced fans.

I wouldn't say he was GOOD, decidely average more like. He was one of the main reaason for our demise last year and I can guarantee the majoity of the fans would've gladly seen him go in the summer. He stayed and has played better but for me he still isn't what's needed at the club, look at the way Robertson has folded up his sleeves and got stuck in playing out of his skin and getting the plaudits, Craig has never shown the form we all thought we were getting from his St Johnstone days. Now is the time to give youth a chance, Stanton/Fyvie etc these are our future at Hibs.

Mikey09
06-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Could have guaranteed this thread would turn into a chance for some to rip Liam AGAIN.... Aye he moans.... No ****in half as much as some on here or at games though. It's only taken Stubbs 6 months to say something about it... :rolleyes:

California-Hibs
06-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Could have guaranteed this thread would turn into a chance for some to rip Liam AGAIN.... Aye he moans.... No ****in half as much as some on here or at games though. It's only taken Stubbs 6 months to say something about it... :rolleyes:

Yep, pretty much a given whenever a Liam Craig thread pops up, or if he is even remotely mentioned.

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Put it this way, I cannot recall him being booked for a bad tackle and I've probably witnessed all six of his bookings.

If you've seen them all let us know what they were for? You seem to be saying all 6 were for dissent?

I wouldn't say he was GOOD, decidely average more like. He was one of the main reaason for our demise last year and I can guarantee the majoity of the fans would've gladly seen him go in the summer.

One of the main reasons for relegation and our top or 2nd top scorer as well?

Wondering how you're going to go about proving your "guarantee"?

worcesterhibby
06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Oh the irony of Hibs Fans moaning about Liam Craig doing too much moaning ! :rolleyes:

"I think Craig is crap so I have a right to complain and shout abuse" A N Fan

"I think the Ref's decision was crap so I have a right to complain and shout abuse" L Craig

Here is how this thread should have gone…..

- "I hope we don't miss him to much..been a big part of our turnaround this season"
- "hopefully will give him a chance to rest and others to prove their worth"
- "hopefully we should still be able to get the job done without him"
- " not the worst game to get him back to zero cards accumulated"
- "I wonder if this will mean Fyvie plays or will Stanton come in ?"
- "If David Gray isn't back I wonder who will be made captain ?"

Still why we we want to miss a chance to slag off our own player

J-C
06-02-2015, 12:05 PM
If you've seen them all let us know what they were for? You seem to be saying all 6 were for dissent?

One of the main reasons for relegation and our top or 2nd top scorer as well?

Wondering how you're going to go about proving your "guarantee"?

Oops sorry mister pedantic, I didn't realise you wanted me to prove how I could guarantee it, well obviously I can't but just think back to the posts from last years games when the majority on here were calling him chicken hearted and not captain material, I'm pretty sure most on here would've been delighted if he'd moved on. Yes he's shown a bit more this season but for me still hides when things are tough, too much finger pointing and moaning and not enough getting stuck in and showing it, remember that's just my personal opinion.

And he was one of the main reasons for our relegation, he was club captain and showed nothing on the pitch and nothing off it as he allowed the bullying of our younger players to go on, an ex captain ( Thomson ) took up that helm and was banished to the U20's and the bench for speaking out.

Brightside
06-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Some shocking stuff on this thread and everything that is wrong with some of our fans. I'm sure you'll find someone else to boo for that game.

worcesterhibby
06-02-2015, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't say he was GOOD, decidely average more like. He was one of the main reaason for our demise last year and I can guarantee the majoity of the fans would've gladly seen him go in the summer. He stayed and has played better but for me he still isn't what's needed at the club, look at the way Robertson has folded up his sleeves and got stuck in playing out of his skin and getting the plaudits, Craig has never shown the form we all thought we were getting from his St Johnstone days. Now is the time to give youth a chance, Stanton/Fyvie etc these are our future at Hibs.

To be honest, we could all spend hours debating whether he is Good, Decent or Average. It's semantics..He is certainly better than the "Average" player we have had at Hibs in the last 5 years and he would definitely be described as "good" on his day, and I would argue there hasn't been a match this season when he has been less than decent.

I think the key point is that despite the fact that we are on the up and we have lots of reasons to be hopeful about the future, there is a significant segment of the posters on here who are always keen to jump on the chance to post negative, sneery, flippant comments.

I actually don't think your post is anywhere near as bad as some others and I wouldn't argue with the last two sentences. It's just that there is no need for the first two sentences..it's harking back to bad times and dwelling on the negative.

GGTTH

JimBHibees
06-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Craig has had a decent season and some fans need to get off his back whenever he gives the ball away.

Smartie
06-02-2015, 02:11 PM

The lengths the authorities are going to to get Rangers back into the top league eh? (Maybe it's time for me to stop sticking up for Liam -i f you can't beat them, join them).

I agree with those that say his discplinary record for picking up silly bookings for dissent is the principal justifiable criticism that should be levelled at him these days. There's a big difference between his petulant, frustrated rants and a captain's word in the referee's ear.

For anyone who doubts his ability, recent contribution and influence on games, see what happened last week when he played badly for the first time in months.

Danderhall Hibs
06-02-2015, 04:30 PM
Oops sorry mister pedantic, I didn't realise you wanted me to prove how I could guarantee it, well obviously I can't but just think back to the posts from last years games when the majority on here were calling him chicken hearted and not captain material, I'm pretty sure most on here would've been delighted if he'd moved on. Yes he's shown a bit more this season but for me still hides when things are tough, too much finger pointing and moaning and not enough getting stuck in and showing it, remember that's just my personal opinion.

And he was one of the main reasons for our relegation, he was club captain and showed nothing on the pitch and nothing off it as he allowed the bullying of our younger players to go on, an ex captain ( Thomson ) took up that helm and was banished to the U20's and the bench for speaking out.

I heard he did stand up to the gruesome twosome and that's why they dropped him and generally messed him about.

Clearly his confidence has taken a beating from them two plus folk like you.

Maybe he read here and thought they're right a captain needs to shout and that, so that's what I'll do.

Little did he know it wouldn't matter when I'll make their mind up on here they can't be seen to backtrack.

GreenArmy1875
06-02-2015, 04:33 PM
Oh the irony of Hibs Fans moaning about Liam Craig doing too much moaning ! :rolleyes:

"I think Craig is crap so I have a right to complain and shout abuse" A N Fan

"I think the Ref's decision was crap so I have a right to complain and shout abuse" L Craig

Here is how this thread should have gone…..

- "I hope we don't miss him to much..been a big part of our turnaround this season"
- "hopefully will give him a chance to rest and others to prove their worth"
- "hopefully we should still be able to get the job done without him"
- " not the worst game to get him back to zero cards accumulated"
- "I wonder if this will mean Fyvie plays or will Stanton come in ?"
- "If David Gray isn't back I wonder who will be made captain ?"

Still why we we want to miss a chance to slag off our own player

Be the same people that say they trust Stubbs decisions but not trust him on why Craig is starting every week

J-C
06-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I heard he did stand up to the gruesome twosome and that's why they dropped him and generally messed him about.

Clearly his confidence has taken a beating from them two plus folk like you.

Maybe he read here and thought they're right a captain needs to shout and that, so that's what I'll do.

Little did he know it wouldn't matter when I'll make their mind up on here they can't be seen to backtrack.

I think all their confidence was shaken by dumb and dumber, yes Craig has played better this season, still don't think he's a captain and still think eventually we need better to move forward.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2015, 09:29 PM
To be fair look at how Robbo has turned his performance around this season...Craig imo is decent at best but never grabs a game the way the rest ofniur midfielders do when they are on song. I do think he is unjustly picked on at times but now fyvie is in...i do think he will struggle to get a game when everyone is fit. Just doesn't do enough for me and not ever been the player he was at St J.

Cropley10
07-02-2015, 11:57 AM
in Craig's absence who will be Captain for this game?

Is Gray likely to be back?