PDA

View Full Version : BuyHibs

degenerated
05-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Given that HoH have now seen a modicum of sense and done the honourable thing (albeit perhaps with a bit of gentle persuasion) and decided to stop the nonsense and let the club get on with it, can we expect the same of BuyHibs. At least HoH put their views, questionable as they were, out there to be shot down the same can't really be said of BuyHibs.

Who are Sibley, Wheelan and Penman? What exactly do they think they can bring to the table? They certainly didn't do anything to impress during their Q & A despite one of them declaring himself a world class thinker and on companies hows there is no clear objective stated in their articles of association, in fact it is blank.

We are where we are and its time for us all to get behind the club and get on with it :agree:

BroxburnHibee
05-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Do they even exist anymore?

greenginger
05-02-2015, 04:44 PM
http://www.buyhibs.org/category/latest-news/

BuyHibs latest news was posted .......... 20th January.

I think its dead or maybe hibernating !

degenerated
05-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Good, let's hope they stay that way :greengrin

lyonhibs
05-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Given that HoH have now seen a modicum of sense and done the honourable thing (albeit perhaps with a bit of gentle persuasion) and decided to stop the nonsense and let the club get on with it, can we expect the same of BuyHibs. At least HoH put their views, questionable as they were, out there to be shot down the same can't really be said of BuyHibs.

Who are Sibley, Wheelan and Penman? What exactly do they think they can bring to the table? They certainly didn't do anything to impress during their Q & A despite one of them declaring himself a world class thinker and on companies hows there is no clear objective stated in their articles of association, in fact it is blank.

We are where we are and its time for us all to get behind the club and get on with it :agree:

Genuinely not heard of any of those people.

There's only 1 ship in the port here and it has answered every question, even the ludicrous ones, posed.

Folk need to unite, get on board or STFU

Arch Stanton
05-02-2015, 07:18 PM
The interview with Kenny McKaskil says that "We were told that there is no mechanism for HSL to elect a Director onto the Board of Hibernian Football Club denying Fans the opportunity to have a direct influence ."

It's difficult to see how HSL couldn't have an influence if it went on to own 51% of the club. It's still something I am unclear about though.

Mikey
05-02-2015, 07:23 PM
The interview with Kenny McKaskil says that "We were told that there is no mechanism for HSL to elect a Director onto the Board of Hibernian Football Club denying Fans the opportunity to have a direct influence ."

It's difficult to see how HSL couldn't have an influence if it went on to own 51% of the club. It's still something I am unclear about though.

HSL will get a board member when 20% is reached. The information given above is just another bare faced lie.

lucky
05-02-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm amazed that some folk post without reading up on the facts already given out. HSL and Hibs have both said as soon as HSL get 20% shareholding they get to appoint a director.

HappyHibby93
05-02-2015, 08:25 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Wheelan posted as NW. I think he posted a few things which were derogatory towards Leanne Dempster.

If this guy really loves our club, would it not be for the best if BuyHibs just shutdown as they don't seem to be adding anything? :agree:

Last Minute
05-02-2015, 08:31 PM
They should all just shut up and get behind the team. we are going the right way and if they really support Hibs well, jump on the bus with us and enjoy the Journey. :greengrin:gwa:

Jonnyboy
05-02-2015, 09:21 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Wheelan posted as NW. I think he posted a few things which were derogatory towards Leanne Dempster.

If this guy really loves our club, would it not be for the best if BuyHibs just shutdown as they don't seem to be adding anything? :agree:

Correct and the other fella posted as RussianHibs and then WHUHibs IIRC. Both missing in action for some time now

FranckSuzy
05-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Correct and the other fella posted as RussianHibs and then WHUHibs IIRC. Both missing in action for some time now

Is he not now Global Hibby? :confused: :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Do they even exist anymore?

Still exist, just in the second tier of Scottish football right now.

Arch Stanton
06-02-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm amazed that some folk post without reading up on the facts already given out. HSL and Hibs have both said as soon as HSL get 20% shareholding they get to appoint a director.

Maybe those with perfect recall should be more tolerant of those that don't.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Maybe those with perfect recall should be more tolerant of those that don't.

Perhaps those still prepared to talk nonsense about the scheme should get their facts right first before making an arse of themselves?:confused:

lyonhibs
06-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Perhaps those still prepared to talk nonsense about the scheme should get their facts right first before making an arse of themselves?:confused:

:bitchy: That won't catch on.

Arch Stanton
06-02-2015, 09:41 AM

More than that - they make out that it's what Kenny Mckaskill said.

jacomo
06-02-2015, 02:17 PM
More than that - they make out that it's what Kenny Mckaskill said.

It is what KM said, isn't it?

I just thought he hadn't been fully briefed, it was incorrect and was clarified by further statements from HSL over the following days.

Remember that the full details weren't announced all at once.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Is he not now Global Hibby? :confused: :greengrin

Nope :greengrin

franks
07-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Was fully supportive of buyhibs and had signed up to pay £20 a month. The share issue and HSL have in my opinion superseded what buyhibs were trying to achieve (or at least 90%) so I have cancelled my DD and intend to buy shares ( if I ever receive a letter) failing that I'll sign up to HSL.