PDA

View Full Version : NHC Magic away at end of the season! Put him on gardening leave now if you have ambition

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Allan Johnston has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

Blaming the club for selling Robbie Muirhead and giving that as his reason....for that read my contract wasn't getting renewed anyway.

Get new manager in now and give him rest of season to evaluate squad, identify targets, hit ground running next year

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Allan Johnstone has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

Blaming the club for selling Robbie Muirhead and giving that as his reason....for that read my contract wasn't getting renewed anyway.

Get new manager in now and give him rest of season to evaluate squad, identify targets, hit ground running next year
I think he's played a blinder here, all is not well behind the scenes reading this

patch1875
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Gary Locke?

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Gary Locke?

Would rather have him than AJ...his contract is up at end of season too if I remember correctly.

At start of season would have taken him as manager but not so sure now

MWHIBBIES
05-02-2015, 02:25 PM
This is the kind of thing that can lead to an awful run of form, think Killie would be best getting rid asap.

Brooster
05-02-2015, 02:29 PM
AJ is out of his depth, he doesn't have much of a clue, reminds me of Butcher.

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 02:32 PM
This is the kind of thing that can lead to an awful run of form, think Killie would be best getting rid asap.

Agree with both of those that's the big worry!

SMAXXA
05-02-2015, 02:51 PM

Correct, I know one of their players and I'm hearing that he's a bit of a knob to the younger players but the old heads get away with murder. Believe Locke is their preference and he wished he had the job so may end up what happens.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Three way tie for the The Rangers job, with him, Butcher and McCall?

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Correct, I know one of their players and I'm hearing that he's a bit of a knob to the younger players but the old heads get away with murder. Believe Locke is their preference and he wished he had the job so may end up what happens.

Heard similar, but apparently things are better than when Sandy Clark was there

jacomo
05-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Agree with both of those that's the big worry!

I suppose the Board will look at the table and think the risk of getting sucked in to the play-off place is pretty low. So maybe they are relaxed about waiting until summer.

Mind you, our Board had similar thoughts last season!

Del Boy
05-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Don't know much about him but is £150k a fair price for Muirhead?

ekhibee
05-02-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't rate Johnston as a top league manager at all, but if Muirhead was sold without him knowing that's well out of order. Their chairman's a dick though, he was the one who didn't think Sevco should be relegated from the SPL.

overdrive
05-02-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't rate Johnston as a top league manager at all, but if Muirhead was sold without him knowing that's well out of order. Their chairman's a dick though, he was the one who didn't think Sevco should be relegated from the SPL.

I notice he's still their chairman. I thought he was standing down after their debt deal went through?

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 07:30 PM
I notice he's still their chairman. I thought he was standing down after their debt deal went through?

MJ will stand down at the AGM in March with director Jim Mann taking over.

He remains on board and owns ~40% of the issued shares

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Allan Johnston has confirmed he is away at the end of the season at his press conference, saying that he decided just before he went in.

He's been a bit of a nightmare for you eh? It's maybe his yam connections from back in the day but I really can't take to the guy.
Think he got lucky at QOTS. Seems like a bit of a crap manager

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Yeah think he got lucky at QotS, he was manager of the only full time team in the division, he did well winning whatever that cup was called the season he was there.

But I was happy when we signed him, until he slagged Kenny's record off and went on his terrible run

WillowbraeHibby
05-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Scottish Sun Sport ‏@scotsunsport (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport) 11m11 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/scotsunsport/status/563426347171991552)
EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock are set to part company with manager Allan Johnston tomorrow morning http://bit.ly/1Fb16fw (http://t.co/TvSHq2PTX8)

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Is tomorrow morning soon enough?

bingo70
05-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Yeah think he got lucky at QotS, he was manager of the only full time team in the division, he did well winning whatever that cup was called the season he was there.

But I was happy when we signed him, until he slagged Kenny's record off and went on his terrible run

I don't mean this as being disrespectful but what are the expectation levels at killie? From the outside looking in and my perception is that you're a club with no money that get poor crowds. Avoiding relegation every year would be a success for you I'd have thought.

Appreciate you probably won't see it that way though.

Pete
05-02-2015, 08:21 PM
You were playing good football and were giving quality youngsters a chance under Kenny Shiels. Why was he sacked?

I wonder where we'd be if we'd chosen him instead of Butcher.

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2015, 08:36 PM
I don't mean this as being disrespectful but what are the expectation levels at killie? From the outside looking in and my perception is that you're a club with no money that get poor crowds. Avoiding relegation every year would be a success for you I'd have thought.

Appreciate you probably won't see it that way though.

Somewhere between 7th and 9th possibly...with an odd occasion of battling for 6th and odd season fighting to avoid the playoffs?

You were playing good football and were giving quality youngsters a chance under Kenny Shiels. Why was he sacked?

I wonder where we'd be if we'd chosen him instead of Butcher.

Kenny was sacked because his comments were getting club in to bother with SPL basically...but there was a league finish clause in his contract which let MJ sack him

MSK
06-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Somewhere between 7th and 9th possibly...with an odd occasion of battling for 6th and odd season fighting to avoid the playoffs?

Kenny was sacked because his comments were getting club in to bother with SPL basically...but there was a league finish clause in his contract which let MJ sack himWho was the wee left winger you had a few years back ..his name escapes me ..maybe Murray ?...I remember him being a very small but tricky as **** laddie who was destined for "bigger" things ..then I think he just seemed to vanish ...:greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
06-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Who was the wee left winger you had a few years back ..his name escapes me ..maybe Murray ?...I remember him being a very small but tricky as **** laddie who was destined for "bigger" things ..then I think he just seemed to vanish ...:greengrin

Stevie Murray was a wee winger who won young player of the month once or twice. He liked to beat his man quite a few times rather than putting the ball in the box. Left us in 2007 according to Wikipedia.

There is a habbit of players breaking through and then nothing happening. With the exception of Bell, Naisy, Boyd. Something Shiels was trying to address by promoting the youth coach to being more involved with the first time to make the transition easier.

Last couple of players to break through have been sold cheaply before they've done much: Robbie Muirhead and Matty Kennedy.

Joe's ice cream
06-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Stevie Murray was a wee winger who won young player of the month once or twice. He liked to beat his man quite a few times rather than putting the ball in the box. Left us in 2007 according to Wikipedia.

There is a habbit of players breaking through and then nothing happening. With the exception of Bell, Naisy, Boyd. Something Shiels was trying to address by promoting the youth coach to being more involved with the first time to make the transition easier.

Last couple of players to break through have been sold cheaply before they've done much: Robbie Muirhead and Matty Kennedy.

The guy James Dayton always impressed me when we played Killie, remember a rumour for a while that he was coming to us but ended up heading south - memory serves me right he was a direct and tricky player

SMAXXA
06-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Who was the wee left winger you had a few years back ..his name escapes me ..maybe Murray ?...I remember him being a very small but tricky as **** laddie who was destined for "bigger" things ..then I think he just seemed to vanish ...:greengrin

Or are you meaning the we lad Johnson looked like a hobbit from the shire with long hair, really like him as a player but doesn't make many appearances for killi I don't think. Chris Johnson I think he's called.

SMAXXA
06-02-2015, 08:27 AM
The guy James Dayton always impressed me when we played Killie, remember a rumour for a while that he was coming to us but ended up heading south - memory serves me right he was a direct and tricky player

Went to Oldham now on loan to St Mirren but I agree I liked him aswell

vanNISHtelroy
06-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Or are you meaning the we lad Johnson looked like a hobbit from the shire with long hair, really like him as a player but doesn't make many appearances for killi I don't think. Chris Johnson I think he's called.

Chris has struggled a bit recently and not got into the team due to Obadeyi and McKenzie playing as the wingers (or Muirhead if they weren't available) and Eremenko playing behind the striker. The "highlight" of his season must be getting subbed about half an hour in to the game against Celtic after being awful and managing to give away a corner under hardly any pressure 40 yards from goal!

Winston Ingram
06-02-2015, 08:36 AM
he's away by the looks of things...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31161073

AndyM_1875
06-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Chris has struggled a bit recently and not got into the team due to Obadeyi and McKenzie playing as the wingers (or Muirhead if they weren't available) and Eremenko playing behind the striker. The "highlight" of his season must be getting subbed about half an hour in to the game against Celtic after being awful and managing to give away a corner under hardly any pressure 40 yards from goal!

I take it Gary Locke will be the new manager.

TBH I thought he was treated abysmally by Hearts when he was effectively holding that mob together.

Peevemor
06-02-2015, 08:40 AM
I take it Gary Locke will be the new manager.

TBH I thought he was treated abysmally by Hearts when he was effectively holding that mob together.

I reckon he could do a good job there. He did a decent jos at Hearts and, in fact, wasn't even much of a 'cocke'.

MSK
06-02-2015, 08:43 AM

Last couple of players to break through have been sold cheaply before they've done much: Robbie Muirhead and Matty Kennedy.Was indeed Stevie Murray ..cheers ..real shame that his talent couldn't be tapped into ..once lads like that get into the first team they think they have made it ..ability is one thing ..progress seems to be a stumbling block ..

Or are you meaning the we lad Johnson looked like a hobbit from the shire with long hair, really like him as a player but doesn't make many appearances for killi I don't think. Chris Johnson I think he's called.Another useful player SMAXXA ..like Murray (mentioned above) another player with ability who just seems to have drifted out of the game ..:agree:

Billy Whizz
06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Locke appointed interim manager, as Johnston has now left

JimBHibees
06-02-2015, 10:07 AM

Got to be said I thought your performance v Rangers in the cup was very poor and surprised how easily you were beat. Eremenko seems a strange signing obviously talented but looks nowhere near fit and seems to have an attitude. Selling Muirhead at the last minute also seems a very odd move. If it was 150k then whats the point.

vanNISHtelroy
06-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Got to be said I thought your performance v Rangers in the cup was very poor and surprised how easily you were beat. Eremenko seems a strange signing obviously talented but looks nowhere near fit and seems to have an attitude. Selling Muirhead at the last minute also seems a very odd move. If it was 150k then whats the point.

Performance at Ibrox was a joke, he went there thinking he was already beat.

Alexi is a very talent player who isn't being used properly. He seems frustrated by this.

Agree re:Robbie Muirhead. Even worse now we only have one fit striker.

ekhibee
06-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Admittedly Killie don't have much money, but over the last few years they have had some players who really play some great stuff. They've also had some decent managers until Johnston came along. Despite the lack of money and a chairman that's a bit of a tosser, they did what we failed to do- stay in the top league. On saying that, maybe if they did get relegated some time in the near future it would give them the chance to do what we have done and reorganize on a larger scale.