PDA

View Full Version : HoH Latest Statement

offshorehibby
05-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Nothing on the official site so not sure how genuine this statement is on FB about 30mins ago.

Hands On Hibs can confirm that two members of our steering group, Bradley Welsh and Jim Slaven, yesterday met with Hibernian Chairman Rod Petrie and Board member Amanda Jones. Following this extensive and friendly meeting agreement was reached on a way forward and a joint statement released to this effect.
As part of this agreement the Board have agreed to hold a review of the HSL scheme and Hands On Hibs have agreed to end our campaign against the scheme. HOH remain of the view that this is not a good deal for Hibs fans. However we accept it is a matter for each fan to decide for themselves whether to donate to the scheme or not.
This issue is dividing Hibs supporters. We must not allow that to happen as we enter a crucial stage of the season. It is time for leadership. Both Hands On Hibs and the Board urge fans to unite behind the manager and the team in our push for promotion.
______
JOINT STATEMENT FROM HANDS ON HIBS AND HIBERNIAN FC
Following constructive talks at Easter Road Stadium between Hands On Hibs and the Board of Hibernian Football Club the Hands On Hibs group have agreed the priority for supporters at this time is to get behind the team in our push for promotion.
Hands On Hibs have agreed to the Board's request for an end to their campaign against the share issue and HSL scheme. The group's concerns with the HSL scheme are well known. However Hibs supporters now have enough information about the scheme to decide for themselves whether to support the scheme.
The Board remain critical of Hand On Hibs tactics but welcome their decision to refocus their energies on supporting the team. The Board reiterates its view that this share issue offers the supporters of Hibernian the best opportunity to widen ownership and have increased supporter and community involvement in the football club.
The current share issue is part of the process of change at Hibernian Football Club. As part of this process the Board will conduct a review of the share issue in September, shortly after the closing date of August 31. This review will include representations from supporters and shareholders. We urge all supporters to engage positively in this process and to unite in their support for the manager and the team.
Ends

Brightside
05-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Good...Cease and desist.

Where is that bitch slap smiley.

andrew70
05-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Nothing on the official site so not sure how genuine this statement is on FB about 30mins ago.

Hands On Hibs can confirm that two members of our steering group, Bradley Welsh and Jim Slaven, yesterday met with Hibernian Chairman Rod Petrie and Board member Amanda Jones. Following this extensive and friendly meeting agreement was reached on a way forward and a joint statement released to this effect.
As part of this agreement the Board have agreed to hold a review of the HSL scheme and Hands On Hibs have agreed to end our campaign against the scheme. HOH remain of the view that this is not a good deal for Hibs fans. However we accept it is a matter for each fan to decide for themselves whether to donate to the scheme or not.
This issue is dividing Hibs supporters. We must not allow that to happen as we enter a crucial stage of the season. It is time for leadership. Both Hands On Hibs and the Board urge fans to unite behind the manager and the team in our push for promotion.
______
JOINT STATEMENT FROM HANDS ON HIBS AND HIBERNIAN FC
Following constructive talks at Easter Road Stadium between Hands On Hibs and the Board of Hibernian Football Club the Hands On Hibs group have agreed the priority for supporters at this time is to get behind the team in our push for promotion.
Hands On Hibs have agreed to the Board's request for an end to their campaign against the share issue and HSL scheme. The group's concerns with the HSL scheme are well known. However Hibs supporters now have enough information about the scheme to decide for themselves whether to support the scheme.
The Board remain critical of Hand On Hibs tactics but welcome their decision to refocus their energies on supporting the team. The Board reiterates its view that this share issue offers the supporters of Hibernian the best opportunity to widen ownership and have increased supporter and community involvement in the football club.
The current share issue is part of the process of change at Hibernian Football Club. As part of this process the Board will conduct a review of the share issue in September, shortly after the closing date of August 31. This review will include representations from supporters and shareholders. We urge all supporters to engage positively in this process and to unite in their support for the manager and the team.
Ends

Lets hope this is actually the end of it. Too many voices and not enough action.

Lets give the club every resource possible to make the most of the recent good work.

Whether that be financial or emotional resources but one thing we all have to do is support Hibernian.

Peevemor
05-02-2015, 01:15 PM
HOH say

As part of this agreement the Board have agreed to hold a review of the HSL scheme and Hands On Hibs have agreed to end our campaign against the scheme.

The supposed joint statement says

As part of this process the Board will conduct a review of the share issue in September, shortly after the closing date of August 31.

So basically HOH have agreed to stop their infantile campaigning in return for the club saying that, once the share offer closes, they'll look at how things went.

Result!

Pretty Boy
05-02-2015, 01:26 PM
HOH say

So basically HOH have agreed to stop their infantile campaigning in return for the club saying that, once the share offer closes, they'll look at how things went.

Result!

Tbf it's only the option to buy shares direct that closes in August, HSL is indefinite.

I'm assuming by 'review' they mean leave the option to buy direct open for longer which Hibs had already stated was a possibility.

Anyway a good result and hopefully there is still scrutiny of the board but undertaken in a mature and sensible way.

Oscar T Grouch
05-02-2015, 01:29 PM
This is good news, I hope that we can call this water under the bridge and move forward as one. What ever I thought of HoH tactics over the last few months, I had no doubt they were Hibs fans. I think they will see in time that this move is actually good for Hibs and that no one is trying to rip us off. Onward and upwards, supporters reunited, great manager, great CEO brilliant structure and infrastructure. All we need now is promotion and a chance to show what we can do in the top league.

GGTTH

The_Horde
05-02-2015, 01:38 PM
What about Kano's crew? Are they still gonna stand against it?

Pretty Boy
05-02-2015, 01:41 PM
What about Kano's crew? Are they still gonna stand against it?

I'm not sure if PK is still involved with BuyHibs or if they even still exist.

He was speaking lately as chair of the former players association and Jackie Mac seemed to suggest yesterday that their views hadn't been sought democratically.

Winston Ingram
05-02-2015, 01:52 PM
...and they say there is no point reasoning with idiots but Leann seems to have done it.

Probably the most embarrassing fans group i've ever seen anywhere. Hopefully they all get back in their Bond 3 wheeler and piss off back to wherever they came from.

:bye:

Bostonhibby
05-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Any statement from the spokesman for the shareholder association?

ACLeith
05-02-2015, 02:04 PM
They should now remove all the lamppost placards. I saw two this morning, one at the junction of Ferry Road/Great Junction Street and one beside Leith Library. If they're looking for a volunteer to burn them, happy to oblige

worcesterhibby
05-02-2015, 02:10 PM
They should now remove all the lamppost placards. I saw two this morning, one at the junction of Ferry Road/Great Junction Street and one beside Leith Library. If they're looking for a volunteer to burn them, happy to oblige

If I still lived in Leith I'd go and take them down myself.

BroxburnHibee
05-02-2015, 02:14 PM
So they met with Rod & Amanda did they?

I suspect that there may have been a few lawyers in the room too. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Very good of Hibs to allow HOH to save face by making it look like the review of the HSL scheme in September was something they have persuaded the club to agree to. I'm willing to bet that was on the agenda anyway.

Lets hope that puts all this nonsense to bed and we can all get on together doing what's best for Hibs. I've no doubt the HOH guys are genuine in their love for the club, but they went too far with claims they could not substantiate and got too personal.

Andy74
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
In other words they have agreed to shut up. Good. Selling this as some sort of agreement is delusional. They aren't that important.

stokesmessiah
05-02-2015, 03:13 PM

Yeah, i was down in Edinburgh at the weekend and thought they were really embarrassing.

CentreLine
05-02-2015, 03:20 PM

C'mon guys. There's a hatchet needing buried here. If these people are softening their stance then let's envoirage them and do what we can to bring the family back together

PatHead
05-02-2015, 03:31 PM

Amanda is a lawyer.

Good we can all move on now

jdships
05-02-2015, 03:35 PM
HOH say

Result!

Says it all for me :thumbsup:

BroxburnHibee
05-02-2015, 03:35 PM
C'mon guys. There's a hatchet needing buried here. If these people are softening their stance then let's envoirage them and do what we can to bring the family back together

It was a light hearted comment.

Clearly the smiley didn't do its job.

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Shut up or your erse is going through the courts, that about sums up today's press release. :top marks

CentreLine
05-02-2015, 04:45 PM
It was a light hearted comment.

Clearly the smiley didn't do its job.

Sorry not sure why I picked your post to make my positive point. Saw the smiley and it did its job. Just keenness to jump on the positivity of the situation. My apologies. Now that HOH seem to have lightened up I have no intention of causing fresh upset. Doing this stuff on the phone though can sometimes lead to minor errors 😳

hibsbollah
05-02-2015, 04:51 PM
...and they say there is no point reasoning with idiots but Leann seems to have done it.

Probably the most embarrassing fans group i've ever seen anywhere. Hopefully they all get back in their Bond 3 wheeler and piss off back to wherever they came from.

:bye:

:agree:

ancient hibee
05-02-2015, 04:55 PM
I am encouraged that we now appear to have a switched on,grown up person running Hibs.

Bostonhibby
05-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Very good of Hibs to allow HOH to save face by making it look like the review of the HSL scheme in September was something they have persuaded the club to agree to. I'm willing to bet that was on the agenda anyway.

Lets hope that puts all this nonsense to bed and we can all get on together doing what's best for Hibs. I've no doubt the HOH guys are genuine in their love for the club, but they went too far with claims they could not substantiate and got too personal.

Just what I was thinking - I expect the review will take account of the many who before that date said they would be signing up to the clubs plan, then unconditionally did it before the date of the previously non existent review.

Presumably there is an expectation that if many of those who put their money where their mouth is (instead of just their mouth) don't like the outcome of that review, there will be another review given they have already committed to the original plan? If the pledgers then decide to opt out who knows what happens next.................

Winston Ingram
05-02-2015, 05:44 PM
i'm particularly pleased that Hibs haven't afforded the clowns the dignity of putting the statement on the main site

ancient hibee
05-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Presumably the media slant will be "Hibs cave in to pressure group."(copyright S.Pia).

madhatter
05-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Happy about this but I'm sorry I will not fully accept their methods as they have tarnished the club through poor behaviour. HoH have never represented me and to take radical action against the club I support then to come out with this which is nothing but hyping up their own importance really is very poor. Been almost 4 days since launch and all we've heard about is HoH and gorillas.

Important for us to support club in the push for promotion? Can I just point out how hypocritical this is? Most fans know this is important and are trying their best and HoH and the like have acted very poorly with regards to this. Poor performance at agm from what I hear and poor performance until now. Let's just hope the damage they have instigated isn't too bad and people back what they believe...

Support the club or don't. Had enough with self-proclaimed prophets. I'm going to support the club as much as I can because I want to, not because a statement from a "supporters group" says so. Do what is right for you.

Ozyhibby
05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Smart move by Hibs. Make them feel important, which is all they really want.
Win win for everyone.

emerald green
05-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Hopefully, HOH are belatedly seeing sense, and will now devote their energies to support the manager and the team.

The Hibs support needs to be united in helping the club gain promotion as soon as possible (and winning the Scottish Cup!).

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2015, 08:01 PM

There's a train in an hour 😆

marinello59
05-02-2015, 08:38 PM
It doesn't matter why this has happened, it's just good to see it has. Onwards and upwards together, GGTTH

Mikey
05-02-2015, 09:08 PM
It's always very handy when people back up their threats with hard evidence.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2015, 09:17 PM
It's always very handy when people back up their threats with hard evidence.

Fair comment as Mikey is clearly an anagram of Kim Yong-un :greengrin

pacorosssco
05-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Well done Hands on Hibs, hibs fans been treated shody too long. Petrie should still be a goner for me , dont agree with all statements but you made the club sit up take notice which was needed. Still not 100% on share issue but think it will take us forward . Petrie should never make any financial gain from hibs.

ACLeith
05-02-2015, 09:21 PM

WH - I passed by again a few minutes ago and they are both gone, so you can put your train timetable away! When I looked earlier in the day I reckoned one snip with garden secateurs would do the trick. I hope the person who did this took care and didn't hurt themselves, I am sure they are OK :wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Fair comment as Mikey is clearly an anagram of Kim Yong-un :greengrin

And Slaver is clearly wan wrong un.:wink:

Jack
05-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Well done Hands on Hibs, hibs fans been treated shody too long. Petrie should still be a goner for me , dont agree with all statements but you made the club sit up take notice which was needed. Still not 100% on share issue but think it will take us forward . Petrie should never make any financial gain from hibs.

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water.

Pete
06-02-2015, 01:14 AM
It doesn't matter why this has happened, it's just good to see it has. Onwards and upwards together, GGTTH

They've stated that they aren't going to continue their campaign and won't make any more comment so it's bad craic to start goading them.

The activists and their supporters on twitter etc are passionate Hibbys and should be treated like brothers from now on who just want the best for the club. There might be the odd one or two digs about this site kicking about but who cares? This site should be bigger than that and it's worth remembering that they have taken pelters.

They've put faces to names as they've voiced strong opinions so it's wrong for anyone who wishes to remain anonymous to have a dig at them. An unwritten rule of these message boards is that you shouldn't post anything that you wouldn't say to someone's face...or at least try. :greengrin (I'm not really talking about peevemore and his Tor thread when I say that as I know that humour was the purpose...I'm making more of a general point).

We are in a good place right now but we need to make it better and uniting as a fan base will help that!

Winston Ingram
06-02-2015, 07:17 AM
One thing i am grateful to them for is that they have provided a benchmark on how not to run a campaign and emphasised the damage not having a logical argument and a good photoshopper can cause.:agree:

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2015, 07:43 AM
What happened? Gym membership now full to bursting :wink:

MB62
06-02-2015, 09:25 AM

:top marks

was thinking exactly the same thing.

The board and HoH have decided to probably agree to disagree but whatever it is, a truce has been called. Is there really any reason for others on here to try and break the peace by claiming this that or the next against HoH? I couldn't care less what the reasons are or who was right or wrong in their viewpoint/stance, I'm just delighted we can hopefully all unite behind the club and team now.

In saying that, I'm surprised Rod was part of any talks. My opinions on that man will not change.

EskbankHibby
06-02-2015, 09:34 AM
One thing i am grateful to them for is that they have provided a benchmark on how not to run a campaign and emphasised the damage not having a logical argument and a good photoshopper can cause.:agree:

I'm grateful that they seemed to manage to galvanise the vast majority of our support - against them.

Probably the best indirect marketing that HSL could have had.