PDA

View Full Version : Farid

Scooter
04-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Anyone know how he is. We were told Feb potentially as a return

andrew70
04-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Anyone know how he is. We were told Feb potentially as a return

He was very cagey when asked a date on Saturday. Sounded hopeful that it would be soon but I felt that they were steering clear of naming a date just in case it doesn't happen.

Boyle89
04-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Would much rather wait than try and rush him. He was one of our only positives at the start of the season. Focal point for ever attack. So unlucky what happened to him.

Sir David Gray
04-02-2015, 11:04 PM
I think it will be another four or five weeks before we see him playing in the first team.

I don't think he's even played for the reserves yet. :dunno:

CRAZYHIBBY
04-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Forget him this season i doubt he will be back....will be like a new signing when he does return though

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-02-2015, 11:38 PM
He said in an interview with Hibs TV last Saturday that he would be another 3-4 weeks

Ozyhibby
05-02-2015, 12:36 AM
I think next season as well. Didn't he take a long time to recover from a previous injury down South?

Pete
05-02-2015, 04:43 AM
Would much rather wait than try and rush him.

:agree: If he's been out for a while then it's not good if he's seen as this great white hope who will suddenly come in and start scoring.

We'll have Malonga, Cummings and Boyle competing for positions and goals coming from midfield so it might be the bench for a while.

No rush.

SMAXXA
05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
:agree: If he's been out for a while then it's not good if he's seen as this great white hope who will suddenly come in and start scoring.

We'll have Malonga, Cummings and Boyle competing for positions and goals coming from midfield so it might be the bench for a while.

No rush.

Dje Dje

lord bunberry
05-02-2015, 08:44 AM
The important thing is to get him and everyone else fit and in form for the playoffs

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2015, 08:48 AM
He's had a very serious injury, even after getting fit he will take a while to get match fit. And after getting back on the park he will pick up strains and the likes on other muscles until he's fully fit.

I'm not expecting to see him that much this season, although being in the championship should give him more chance of getting some time on the park.

Waxy
05-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Maybe start seeing him get the odd 15mins soon.

Stevie Reid
05-02-2015, 09:28 AM
We have done incredibly well to cope with his loss this season, and it would have been interesting to see if we would have signed Malonga had he stayed fit (January transfer activity suggests would probably would), but really believe that his aerial ability would have won us more points. Such a threat at set pieces.

kentao
05-02-2015, 10:32 AM
We have done incredibly well to cope with his loss this season, and it would have been interesting to see if we would have signed Malonga had he stayed fit (January transfer activity suggests would probably would), but really believe that his aerial ability would have won us more points. Such a threat at set pieces.

Would also save us a few points when back defending them aswell hes an absolute beast in the air. Cant wait to get the big man back Think him and cummings with link up better than Malonga has.

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2015, 10:55 AM

His presence was greatly missed immediately. When he went off at Alloa, we lost our shape and focus. We would have won that game with him on the park.

Keith_M
05-02-2015, 12:41 PM
How long did he sign for?

It would be a shame if we've signed him for two years and he missies practically the whole first year.

3pm
05-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I think we'll see him on Saturday! :greengrin

silverhibee
05-02-2015, 12:46 PM
He's had a very serious injury, even after getting fit he will take a while to get match fit. And after getting back on the park he will pick up strains and the likes on other muscles until he's fully fit.

I'm not expecting to see him that much this season, although being in the championship should give him more chance of getting some time on the park.

As long as it is not on 3G pitches in this league.

hibeeleicester
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM

Malonga was signed because of the injury.

ancient hibee
05-02-2015, 04:56 PM
My guess is next season.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 05:07 PM
My guess is next season.

Before he plays again?

Thecat23
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
I'd expect mid March if we are lucky!

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 05:13 PM
I'd expect mid March if we are lucky!

I'd be happy with that

Smartie
05-02-2015, 05:14 PM
It was a horrendous injury. His surgery IIRC was experimental so it's pure guesswork as to when he'll return.

Stubbs has done brilliantly to evolve a situation where we have the strength in depth to (almost) cope without him.

ancient hibee
05-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Before he plays again?

Yeh before he plays again.

HappyHibby93
05-02-2015, 06:21 PM
We play the Huns on the 22nd of March, would be nice to see time back in time for then to help out in emptying to away for HT. :cb

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2015, 07:07 PM
We play the Huns on the 22nd of March, would be nice to see time back in time for then to help out in emptying to away for HT. :cb

I agree, trumpton frills corn on the cob with jam and custard..

Stevie Reid
05-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Malonga was signed because of the injury.

I'm aware of that. Malonga would have appeared on the radar regardless, though.

Unseen work
05-02-2015, 10:09 PM
will be a massive boost to have back, always seems to win headers. Major boost defensively aswell for this reason.

Im sure stubbs said regarding malonga that he was still on the look for a new striker anyway and would of been signed regardless of farid's injury