PDA

View Full Version : Rangers new signings

fatbloke
04-02-2015, 06:57 PM

iwasthere1972
04-02-2015, 07:08 PM

The Rangers will love Bomber. Think they already sing a song about him.

H18sry
05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Kenny McDowall has just told us he's been told the 5 Newcastle players must play every game,that instruction has come from Derek Llambias and Sandy Easdale. Kenny McDowall confirmed he had no say in the signings

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Kenny McDowall has just told us he's been told the 5 Newcastle players must play every game,that instruction has come from Derek Llambias and Sandy Easdale. Kenny McDowall confirmed he had no say in the signings

Somone's just sent me this as well

bingo70
05-02-2015, 08:51 AM

Incredible. Sounds like McDowell fancies getting shown the door pretty sharpish as well.

There's a pretty high chance these players will be *****, not to mention what it will do to what's left of the team spirit.

Brilliant.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 08:51 AM

ACLeith
05-02-2015, 08:54 AM
But only "if fit". McCulloch or Black could have a say in team selection then?

jacomo
05-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Incredible. Sounds like McDowell fancies getting shown the door pretty sharpish as well.

There's a pretty high chance these players will be *****, not to mention what it will do to what's left of the team spirit.

Brilliant.

They all seem pretty highly rated by Newcastle. But guaranteed starts will be a sure way of causing dressing room tensions, if true.

Weststandwanab
05-02-2015, 09:19 AM
Somone's just sent me this as well

On B.B.C. here

http://t.co/F3R6IUec17

bingo70
05-02-2015, 09:21 AM
They all seem pretty highly rated by Newcastle. But guaranteed starts will be a sure way of causing dressing room tensions, if true.

So was Alan o brien.

If they were really highly rated they'd have gone on loan to the English championship.

H18sry
05-02-2015, 09:23 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/309203-rangers-boss-told-all-five-newcastle-players-must-start-every-game/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Brightside
05-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Surely now SFA must get involved. Ashley is clearly running The Rangers. McDowell needs to grow a set tho and just pick his youth players instead.

PeterboroHibee
05-02-2015, 09:29 AM

Vuckic, Bigirimana and Ferguson are all decent players. Cant say Ive heard of the other two.

Not that it bothers me (any disharmony should help us), but unbelievable the manager has been told they have to play every game. Thats half of the outfield team!

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 09:34 AM
Vuckic, Bigirimana and Ferguson are all decent players. Cant say Ive heard of the other two.

Not that it bothers me (any disharmony should help us), but unbelievable the manager has been told they have to play every game. Thats half of the outfield team!

A defeat against Hibs and the disharmony will spread from the pitch to the terracing

hibee92
05-02-2015, 09:34 AM
So was Alan o brien.

If they were really highly rated they'd have gone on loan to the English championship.

Don't think they had much of a say in it. Vuckic and Ferguson are already two of the best players in the league and would walk into most Prem sides. Bigirimana had some potential but has become pretty poor. Haven't seen Streete or Mbabu.

Jim44
05-02-2015, 09:40 AM
There's every chance that these guys might improve the team performance but at the risk of team spirit and morale. The public announcement will also have a negative effect on the appointment of a new manager in the near future. The whole thing could backfire on Ashley.

bingo70
05-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Don't think they had much of a say in it. Vuckic and Ferguson are already two of the best players in the league and would walk into most Prem sides. Bigirimana had some potential but has become pretty poor. Haven't seen Streete or Mbabu.

Don't mean this in a cheeky way but how do you know they're the best players in the league? There's loads of examples of highly rated youngsters that struggle to make the transition to first team football.

Clubs down south know English reserve team football better than we do, if they were genuinely as highly thought of as you're suggesting then championship sides would have been battering their door down, trying to get them and offering to pay all their wages.

Imo what has been sent to the rangers are the young players nobody else wanted.

lapsedhibee
05-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Hmmm. Manager of a big, big Scottish club has players foisted on him by owner of another club in a different country. Big, big Scottish club being used to showcase foreign talent, inevitably followed by dressing room unrest. Two questions: (1) was the instruction about team selection sent by fax and (2) have Ashley and Mad Vlad ever been seen in the same room together?

J-C
05-02-2015, 10:29 AM
What's the betting there's a few dodgy challenges going in during trainng, just to make sure they're not quite fit enough :wink:

Future17
05-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Don't think they had much of a say in it. Vuckic and Ferguson are already two of the best players in the league and would walk into most Prem sides.

Based on what? A massive part of them adapting to this league will be attitude and the reports I've read suggest that neither of them are particularly strong in that regard.

I can't imagine today's revelation will help them settle in either!

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2015, 10:49 AM
@gordonduncan7: Newcastle influx won't be instant. 1 of the 3 who are up already hasn't trained yet and the other 2 are due up "in the next 3 or 4 weeks".
Vuckic and Bigirimana trained, Streete got slight injury. Ferguson and Mbabu not up yet due to injury. I think...

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2015, 10:52 AM
My mate who is a season ticket holder at NUFC says there's 2 or 3 decent players in that lot.

Its not hard to see why that young lad Charlie Telfer bumped the Current Buns for Dundee United. It seems to me they are a club incapable of trusting any young talent they have ... if they have any that is.

Mike Ashley might not own The Rangers, but he's calling the shots that's for sure. They might be working within the rules, but lumping in 5 loans from the same EPL club says everything about them really. We have had EPL players on loan before and my impression was that they got a bit of a shock when they found out Scottish football wasn't the stroll they thought it was going to be.

IMO if Hibs needed any more incentive to stick it to them when next at Ibrox this is it. I was worried that we have been so dominant against them this season we might be complacent, this should change that if all 5 play.

jdships
05-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Surely now SFA must get involved. Ashley is clearly running The Rangers. McDowell needs to grow a set tho and just pick his youth players instead.

:agree:

Callum_62
05-02-2015, 11:19 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/309203-rangers-boss-told-all-five-newcastle-players-must-start-every-game/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This is literally one of the best press conferences I have ever seen

Incredible stuff

BT58
05-02-2015, 11:21 AM
K McD says that they must play [on orders from 2 of the board], I wonder how long before he too walks away !!!!
hope RR stick it right up em at the weekend, followed by us next friday,,:agree::agree::agree:

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 11:22 AM
K McD says that they must play [on orders from 2 of the board], I wonder how long before he too walks away !!!!
hope RR stick it right up em at the weekend, followed by us next friday,,:agree::agree::agree:

Wonder if he had to reveal this, or he's working on his ticket out of Ibrox

rosco-hibee
05-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love watching the soap opera over at ipox. It seems to be simmering quite nicely, and hopefully at the end of the season (or preferably sooner), there will be a massive implosion that results in "The Rangers" sent back to the bottom tier.

However, watching that interview with McDowell is cringeworthy. I have nothing against the bloke, he's putting a brave face on for what must be any manager's nightmare scenario. The Rangers at board level are clearly an absolute disaster, which vindicates their fan base's protests.

What would we do if this was happening at Hibs?

GGTTH

WillowbraeHibby
05-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Wonder if he had to reveal this, or he's working on his ticket out of Ibrox

I just think he is telling how it is, and he has now "In a fashion", said that it isn't' him to blame for how the team performs... As he is getting told who to play. This again, my own thoughts on the situation.

Mathias Jack
05-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Don't mean this in a cheeky way but how do you know they're the best players in the league? There's loads of examples of highly rated youngsters that struggle to make the transition to first team football.

Clubs down south know English reserve team football better than we do, if they were genuinely as highly thought of as you're suggesting then championship sides would have been battering their door down, trying to get them and offering to pay all their wages.

Imo what has been sent to the rangers are the young players nobody else wanted.

100% agree with this. And if they could walk into any Prem team, why didn't they send them there then?

The Rangers circus continues!

http://circus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/20130316-003341.jpg

WillowbraeHibby
05-02-2015, 11:44 AM
100% agree with this. And if they could walk into any Prem team, why didn't they send them there then?

Just spotted fat sally on the beach there wi' his onesie on..... :greengrin

hibs0666
05-02-2015, 11:52 AM

Is that Boyd in the blue lorry too?

WillowbraeHibby
05-02-2015, 11:55 AM

:faf:... Just finished training... (In the chippy) :greengrin

Off the bar
05-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love watching the soap opera over at ipox. It seems to be simmering quite nicely, and hopefully at the end of the season (or preferably sooner), there will be a massive implosion that results in "The Rangers" sent back to the bottom tier.

However, watching that interview with McDowell is cringeworthy. I have nothing against the bloke, he's putting a brave face on for what must be any manager's nightmare scenario. The Rangers at board level are clearly an absolute disaster, which vindicates their fan base's protests.

What would we do if this was happening at Hibs?

GGTTH

The thing is though he's not really the manager in any sense that you would apply to other football teams. He's just the guy in a track suit who trains the team, if all the desicions are made in the board room it seams a bit unfair to send him out in front of the press. It's a bizarre situation really, and you've got to think if these boys come in and upset the dressing room then who is there to restore order? With a bit of luck this could go very badly wrong.

Smartie
05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
The thing is though he's not really the manager in any sense that you would apply to other football teams. He's just the guy in a track suit who trains the team, if all the desicions are made in the board room it seams a bit unfair to send him out in front of the press. It's a bizarre situation really, and you've got to think if these boys come in and upset the dressing room then who is there to restore order? With a bit of luck this could go very badly wrong.

I think that there are enough utter wallopers in the The Rangers dressing room to make life difficult for the new arrivals.

Here's hoping.

Jim44
05-02-2015, 12:18 PM
I think that there are enough utter wallopers in the The Rangers dressing room to make life difficult for the new arrivals.

Here's hoping.

It's like five new pupils, related to the teacher and headmaster, arriving in his class and immediately confirmed as teacher's pets and put straight to the top of the class. How do the rest of the classmates feel and react? Time bomb ticking.

Springbank
05-02-2015, 12:26 PM
It sounds like Terry Butcher last season

Tell the existing squad they're cr@p and won't play. Then find out the new guys are injured and the "cr@p" players are demotivated.

As a team, morale plummets & results suffer

Just Alf
05-02-2015, 12:50 PM
It sounds like Terry Butcher last season

Tell the existing squad they're cr@p and won't play. Then find out the new guys are injured and the "cr@p" players are demotivated.

As a team, morale plummets & results suffer

:agree:

This could go so, so wrong for them!

(there might be a chance it'll go swimmingly but I really don't think so!)

PeeKay
05-02-2015, 01:01 PM
I almost feel sorry for him. He looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights in that interview.
However, he "hopes" that he will be allowed to decide on any substitutions :faf:

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2015, 01:09 PM

I feel sorry for him. I doubt he is a rich man so is probably hanging on there hoping he can land another gig before his notice period runs out. No manager or coach with financial security would stay under these circumstances. He said he hoped the players would be "professional" Any professional player seeing a dud get a game before him at the whim of the board would demand a transfer surely to goodness. What a disgrace that club is.

The bigger question is, how can the SFA / SPFL allow the league / Scottish cup to be used as a NUFC training ground. If they insist on all 5 playing irrespective of the affect on the clubs results that is utterly disrespectful to Scottish football.

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 01:19 PM
The bigger question is, how can the SFA / SPFL allow the league / Scottish cup to be used as a NUFC training ground. If they insist on all 5 playing irrespective of the affect on the clubs results that is utterly disrespectful to Scottish football.

I'm sure the PFA are looking at this as well, some of their members won't be happy if they don't get to play, and could miss out on appearance, and the occasional win bonuses.

Alfred E Newman
05-02-2015, 02:03 PM
I feel sorry for him. I doubt he is a rich man so is probably hanging on there hoping he can land another gig before his notice period runs out. No manager or coach with financial security would stay under these circumstances. He said he hoped the players would be "professional" Any professional player seeing a dud get a game before him at the whim of the board would demand a transfer surely to goodness. What a disgrace that club is.

It was embarrassing to watch though he probably dealt with the press conference as well as he could. Any critisism of the board could have been seen as a breach of contract and an excuse for early dismissal. It's a complete farce.

Moulin Yarns
05-02-2015, 02:16 PM
It was embarrassing to watch though he probably dealt with the press conference as well as he could. Any critisism of the board could have been seen as a breach of contract and an excuse for early dismissal. It's a complete farce.

The other way to look at it , he could always walk, citing constructive dismissal on the grounds that his position as manager of the football club has been undermined, but I thin he said he had agreed they could bring any players in. It is the demand that they play ahead of established players that would be the relevant point.

Spike Mandela
05-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Looks to me like McDowell has played a blinder in that press conference. Neatly deflected all the controversey of these signings back on to the board and lit a bonfire under Llambias and Easdale.

The board, the fans and the players all likely to go tonto and all he has done is tell the truth presumably. Brilliant.

Mikey09
05-02-2015, 02:43 PM
This club lurches from one embarrassing situation to another on a daily basis. This only being the latest. To be honest McDowell has played Easdale and Llambias well saying it's there call that the 5 Newcastle boys start every game although we all know it's Magic Mike who's calling the shots. If it goes tits up Kenny can stand back and say it's nowt to do with him. If this doesn't ring alarm bells at the SFA that Magic Mike is running things then nothing will. Complete amateurs the people who run our game.

PatHead
05-02-2015, 02:45 PM

It is against the rules according to the article

SPFL rule 65 states: "Other than as expressly provided for in the Rules and these Regulation, it shall not be permitted to stipulate when or against whom, a player temporarily transferred may or may not play and any such stipulation in any agreement shall be void and of no effect."

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2015, 03:08 PM
[/B]
It is against the rules according to the article

SPFL rule 65 states: "Other than as expressly provided for in the Rules and these Regulation, it shall not be permitted to stipulate when or against whom, a player temporarily transferred may or may not play and any such stipulation in any agreement shall be void and of no effect."

I suppose that is only saying it cant be written into the loan agreement. This wont be in the loan agreement, it'll just be on Ashleys say so. And if questioned, he'll just say that McDowall has got the wrong end of the stick. Then the SFA will just shrug their shoulders and say ok then.

Onion
05-02-2015, 03:20 PM
This club lurches from one embarrassing situation to another on a daily basis. This only being the latest. To be honest McDowell has played Easdale and Llambias well saying it's there call that the 5 Newcastle boys start every game although we all know it's Magic Mike who's calling the shots. If it goes tits up Kenny can stand back and say it's nowt to do with him. If this doesn't ring alarm bells at the SFA that Magic Mike is running things then nothing will. Complete amateurs the people who run our game.

That was just embarrassing. Vlad could lend them his fax machine !

Just a pity Hibs struggling to pile on the pressure :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Seems like they are contravening another rule

Sounds like McDowall is playing the three bears game IMO. Not many managers would come out with this.

ekhibee
05-02-2015, 04:15 PM
http://youtu.be/ENfD_z7yde8

This is Kevin Keagan talking about his dealings with Ashley/Lambias etc, it's very probably the same position that the next manager of Sevco will find himself in, very revealing.

Bishop Hibee
05-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Kris Boyd in the truck.

Smartie
05-02-2015, 04:26 PM
http://youtu.be/ENfD_z7yde8

This is Kevin Keagan talking about his dealings with Ashley/Lambias etc, it's very probably the same position that the next manager of Sevco will find himself in, very revealing.

That was fascinating. What about the bit about Modric eh?

I always liked Keegan.

ancient hibee
05-02-2015, 04:43 PM

He isn't hanging in there though is he?He's working his notice.He has got financial security -he gets paid for 12months regardless.The professionals couldn't care less if someone plays before them as most of them are just there for the money.

wpj
05-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Who is that running away with the money though?

emerald green
05-02-2015, 05:19 PM

:agree: Something really stinks about this. Why did they put back the hearing with Ashley until some time in March? The story I read was that it was to give Ashley's lawyers more time to prepare his/their case. Why does it take so long?

If these guys are any good and they basically get the Huns promoted, would I be cynical in thinking that would suit the mugs running the game in Scotland right down to the ground?

ekhibee
05-02-2015, 05:27 PM
That was fascinating. What about the bit about Modric eh?

I always liked Keegan.
I know, I couldn't believe the nonsense that went on with the Modric deal. And just what exactly did Denis Wise do when he was there?

Gmack7
05-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Don't try to pick holes in the loan rules, they can be ignored and broken without penalty as it's common practice 😀

Jim44
05-02-2015, 05:45 PM
:agree: Something really stinks about this. Why did they put back the hearing with Ashley until some time in March? The story I read was that it was to give Ashley's lawyers more time to prepare his/their case. Why does it take so long?

If these guys are any good and they basically get the Huns promoted, would I be cynical in thinking that would suit the mugs running the game in Scotland right down to the ground?

Nothing cynical about your suspicions. The SFA are desperate to see the The Rangers in the top flight next year. Their problem is that the The Rangers won't stick to the script.

Northernhibee
05-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Craig Thomson to ref the playoffs, I'm calling it now.

overdrive
05-02-2015, 05:51 PM
The board are now insisting McDowell is wrong...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31145792

Maybe somebody has pointed out those loan rules to them :)

emerald green
05-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Craig Thomson to ref the playoffs, I'm calling it now.

Still no action appears to be going to be taken regarding Thomson's latest terrible performance at his latest high profile fixture on Sunday.

It's ridiculous nothing is being done regarding McCulloch's assaults during that game, or Thomson's failure to take action. Is the Compliance officer not doing his job either?

The usual deafening silence.

kaimendhibs
05-02-2015, 05:58 PM
The board are now insisting McDowell is wrong...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31145792

Maybe somebody has pointed out those loan rules to them :)
Find it incredible that they are saying he's wrong! Why would he make it up?

bingo70
05-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Find it incredible that they are saying he's wrong! Why would he make it up?

I think they've got to deny it.

Admitting it could get them in bother legally in terms of Ashley having too much influence.

Jim44
05-02-2015, 06:06 PM
They probably didn't expect him to spill the beans and are frantically covering their tracks.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-02-2015, 06:15 PM
What a ****ing shambles of a football club :hilarious

portycabbage
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
if they could walk into any Prem team, why didn't they send them there then?

I'm sure they'd walk into a premiership team if they bought a ticket at the turnstiles, however spells at Rotherham and Coventry for vuckic and bigirimana don't really scream premiership quality to me.

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2015, 06:27 PM
I suppose that is only saying it cant be written into the loan agreement. This wont be in the loan agreement, it'll just be on Ashleys say so. And if questioned, he'll just say that McDowall has got the wrong end of the stick. Then the SFA will just shrug their shoulders and say ok then.

I see they're doing this already.

Mathias Jack
05-02-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm sure they'd walk into a premiership team if they bought a ticket at the turnstiles, however spells at Rotherham and Coventry for vuckic and bigirimana don't really scream premiership quality to me.

Amen brother...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
05-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Still no action appears to be going to be taken regarding Thomson's latest terrible performance at his latest high profile fixture on Sunday.

It's ridiculous nothing is being done regarding McCulloch's assaults during that game, or Thomson's failure to take action. Is the Compliance officer not doing his job either?

The usual deafening silence.

I'll call it now, Hibs will win the first game against Sevco by one or two, the Sevco Football Association will get Thomson in, early sending off for Allan, Malonga or Cummings, couple of dodgy penalties for Rangers, at least one disallowed goal for us and a late sending off too. Stubbs to be sent to the stands for protesting.

Calling it right now.

Northern Hibby
05-02-2015, 07:01 PM
If rangers don't go up and go bust or at least default on the £10 million loan could that be good for Mike Ashley?

weonlywon6-2
05-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh dear,I'm glad there us turmoil at rangers as it gives us a better chance of promotion,knowing our luck the five players will turn them around

Springbank
05-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Knowing our luck?

This is Hibs Rangers we're talking about.

0-3, 0-3, 1-3, 4-0 that kind of thing

That's our kind of luck right there! BOOM!

WillowbraeHibby
05-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Oh dear,I'm glad there us turmoil at rangers as it gives us a better chance of promotion,knowing our luck the five players will turn them around

Let Sevco worry about us, they have every right to.... We do our job correctly, we will hopefully get there.. :agree:

brog
05-02-2015, 07:23 PM
I just heard Gordon Smith discussing the loan players' saga on R5. Inarticulate, unable to construct a cogent analysis of the issue & this guy was in charge of Scottish football. No wonder we're in deep doodah!

MSK
06-02-2015, 05:41 PM
The Rangers team for the Raith game just announced ...14246

WillowbraeHibby
06-02-2015, 06:25 PM

Looks a pretty strong team.... The ref' might need an interpreter though.... :greengrin

Jim44
06-02-2015, 06:39 PM

I'm surprised at Julie getting a start, considering she's on a zero hours contract. Just shows how popular Ashley is with his employees, despite rumours to the contrary.

Pete
06-02-2015, 06:40 PM

:greengrin

They'll all be wearing Donnay boots no doubt.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2015, 06:48 PM

No place for me mam

CockneyRebel
06-02-2015, 07:18 PM

Who are all those people on King Billy's horse?

Gmack7
06-02-2015, 07:51 PM

I assume blacks a sub

Cilla I mean