PDA

View Full Version : Event of the Day.

Golden Bear
04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Well according to tonight's EEN it is!

"Edinburgh was being promoted as a living wage city this morning at a joint business breakfast being hosted by the city council and Hearts at Tynecastle"

It seems as though the unholy trinity between the EEN, the Cooncil and the Hawrts is flourishing. I wonder if the charity robbers have settled their debts to the Cooncil yet?

:rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
04-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Makes me sick!

Islington Hibs
04-02-2015, 04:05 PM
well both are pretty well bankrupt- so good company!

WestEndHibee
04-02-2015, 04:26 PM

"Edinburgh was being promoted as a living wage city this morning at a joint business breakfast being hosted by the city council and Hearts at Tynecastle"

It seems as though the unholy trinity between the EEN, the Cooncil and the Hawrts is flourishing. I wonder if the charity robbers have settled their debts to the Cooncil yet?

The fact is though that Hibs would be there too if they too had made the same commitment as Hearts. I'm sure there are reasons Hibs haven't followed suit but, as someone who has worked on minimum wage, I'm very impressed that Hearts have committed to this. It's probably not a huge financial difference to them but even promoting the idea of a living wage is great, it makes a massive difference to those who earn it.

I think its horrendous what they've done in the past but, on this issue alone, they should be commended.

Bronson
04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Only on hibs.net could someone put a negative spin on something like introducing the living wage, purely because hearts are being applauded for it.

I say good on them, I hope we follow suit.

lord bunberry
04-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Only on hibs.net could someone put a negative spin on something like introducing the living wage, purely because hearts are being applauded for it.

I wonder if all the local businesses that were bumped or the employees that were laid off so that highly paid footballers could continue to collect their wages are feeling about this.. Hearts should be applauded for introducing the livving wage, but they shouldnt be held up as a shinning example so soon after their shameful behavior

Golden Bear
04-02-2015, 05:13 PM

Maybe so, but there are more important things going on in the world so it hardly merits a description of " Event of the day"

Deansy
04-02-2015, 06:00 PM

Wonder who paid for the latest 'Love-in' between the council and them ?.

I support the living-wage but maybe it's only possible they can afford it after bumping endless £££'s/Businesses/People etc ?. The 'Good Press' they've received over this is nauseating !!

lyonhibs
04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Maybe so, but there are more important things going on in the world so it hardly merits a description of " Event of the day"
So your gripe is with the hyperbole in the article title, not the content ?

Folk need to accept that the people running Hearts now are a million miles from Vlad and his crooks. The living wage is a good thing.

Golden Bear
04-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Folk need to accept that the people running Hearts now are a million miles from Vlad and his crooks. The living wage is a good thing.

Yes and no. I'm also wondering if the Cooncil will spend public funds on every private company who promote the living wage or only those they have a special relationship with.

Eyrie
04-02-2015, 07:18 PM
If I remember correctly, this publicity stunt by the Yams affects only their own employees and not anyone who works there for another business. So very few, if any, people will actually benefit.

04-02-2015, 08:04 PM
I wonder if all the local businesses that were bumped or the employees that were laid off so that highly paid footballers could continue to collect their wages are feeling about this.. Hearts should be applauded for introducing the livving wage, but they shouldnt be held up as a shinning example so soon after their shameful behavior

Exactly. Good thing brining in the living wage but lets not let them sit all up on their high horse thinking they are an upstanding club after their years of shameless robbing and cheating.

Kato
04-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Someone not a million miles from Tynie told me that this covers 5 (five) members of staff at Pynkcastle - two of whom are part-time anyway.

Still, you've got to hand it to them for running with the publicity when column inches are offered - so little going so far.

No way everyone who does work for the EC is on a living wage so why they are ballooning about it at a free lunch is beyond m......oh yeah.

Bishop Hibee
04-02-2015, 09:23 PM
"Living wage city" :rolleyes: . I'd like to see any of the Councillors get by on £7.50 an hour.

Mikey09
04-02-2015, 10:07 PM

Yep. They should be applauded for bringing in the living wage.... But lets not forget how much they have gained by getting the club for peanuts and quite easily forgetting the creditors left behind. Not one thought about them eh? Edinburgh council being one of them.... Maybe instead of paying for a fancy breakfast for them and the gob *****s at the EEN they could have paid some of the thousands due to said Council?? Just a thought....