PDA

View Full Version : HSL share plan

Ringothedog
04-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Has there been any update on how the take up of the share plan is doing. I know it's early days.

GreenPJ
04-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Has there been any update on how the take up of the share plan is doing. I know it's early days.

Am guessing they may hold off until after the 6th - that is the proposed DD/deduction date and so probably better for them to wait to ensure that they know the actual money come in before making an announcement :dunno:

Devonhibs
04-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Well I've just signed up and I feel good for doing it, don't get to many games due to my location but with this, Hibs TV and buying online am happy I am doing as much as I can for our club:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pontius pilate
04-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Signed up two nights ago. Hopefully the uptake is good

B.Wilson
04-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Signed up two nights ago. Hopefully the uptake is good

signed up yesterday

Eaststand
04-02-2015, 09:26 AM

I handed my application into the ticket office for more shares yesterday afternoon and there were a couple of other folks handing in similar applications.
From talking to other Hibbies it seems that a lot of folks are going to get a mate/family friend etc who already has shares, to buy more for them, then they'll transfer the shares into the 'payers' name in 6 months time. That involves a wee bit or trust, but it seem's to be the popular way to go.
Every other Hibby I know is either buying more shares, or joining the HSL setup :top marks

GGTTH

lucky
04-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Signed up for HSL. I'm already a shareholder so I believe that for a greater say in the club the collective route is best. Not sure what the take up will be but 1000 fans gives the club an extra £225k per year. So that's nearly half the mortgage or 1 or 2 extra players in the squad.

Just Alf
04-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Well I've just signed up and I feel good for doing it, don't get to many games due to my location but with this, Hibs TV and buying online am happy I am doing as much as I can for our club:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:top marks

MB62
04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
I handed my application into the ticket office for more shares yesterday afternoon and there were a couple of other folks handing in similar applications.
From talking to other Hibbies it seems that a lot of folks are going to get a mate/family friend etc who already has shares, to buy more for them, then they'll transfer the shares into the 'payers' name in 6 months time. That involves a wee bit or trust, but it seem's to be the popular way to go.
Every other Hibby I know is either buying more shares, or joining the HSL setup :top marks

GGTTH

How straight forward is that to do? I take it you don't need any outside involvement e.g. IFA's or anything?

Weststandwanab
04-02-2015, 10:58 AM
How straight forward is that to do? I take it you don't need any outside involvement e.g. IFA's or anything?

And that just shows how pointless the I.F.A. nonsense is.

Devonhibs
04-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I understand why the club are doing this but thats a lots of money in other peoples pockets which could have been spent on shares or avoided totally by the HSL route

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Gonna take a few weeks by the look of it, but I will be buying shares one way or another.

007 Mickey Weir
04-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Sorry to be stupid but is it £18.75 per month minimum. Also could I group together with other people?

lucky
04-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Sorry to be stupid but is it £18.75 per month minimum. Also could I group together with other people?

You can pay in whatever you want, but full membership is no achieved until £225 has been paid. You can form a group but the group would only have one vote. When you sign up all you do is put the name of the group. Seems fairly straight forward to do on the HSL website

Eaststand
04-02-2015, 11:38 AM

Its easy bud, im not giving advice, just reporting what i know folks are doing  so with that in mind, all thats needed is to get an existing shareholder to buy more shares and they then transfer them to the 'buddy' after waiting the required 6 months

Ringothedog
04-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I understand why the club are doing this but thats a lots of money in other peoples pockets which could have been spent on shares or avoided totally by the HSL route

You have lost me. If I buy 10000 shares instead of 5000 because someone has given me the extra £200 to buy the shares how are Hibs losing money ? I then transfer the 5000 shares to them at no cost(after the 6 month holding period).

Nobody loses or pockets money.

Just Alf
04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
You have lost me. If I buy 10000 shares instead of 5000 because someone has given me the extra £200 to buy the shares how are Hibs losing money ? I then transfer the 5000 shares to them at no cost(after the 6 month holding period).

Nobody loses or pockets money.

Your scenario is ok, what he's meaning is that I'll possibly have to pay an IFA £200 odd to buy £200 worth of shares...... instead of all £400 going on shares.

skedders
04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Just signed up. Delighted to be able to make this contribution to the club.

offshorehibby
04-02-2015, 12:29 PM
That's me done, money comes off on the 10th. I'm already registered with go cardless so it took me straight there. I thought it would have taken you to an HSL registration page.

RMQ1967
04-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Also signed up - very simple process.

Delighted with the direction the club it taking and it's great to be part of it.

Mikey
04-02-2015, 12:32 PM

There's an option that allows you to pay £10 per month for 23 months.

Baldy Foghorn
04-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Hope this is well subscribed. A real chance for us to make a difference....

Ozyhibby
04-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Wonder when we will get our first update from HSL on numbers subscribing?
I expect there will be a photo shoot organised with the first lot of shares being handed over from Hibs to HSL.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Do HSL have a twitter account?

offshorehibby
04-02-2015, 01:44 PM

@hfcsupporters

Mikey
04-02-2015, 01:46 PM

Their Tweets appear in the Twitter thingumybob on the PM forum.

Ozyhibby
04-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Got it, cheers.
Looks like they need to tweet more, get the message out there.

southsider
04-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Hope this is well subscribed. A real chance for us to make a difference....

Story in the Sun that Craig n Charlie made a $1,000,000 from 500 miles being used as bud ad at the superbowl. Get going with those shares boys.

Geo_1875
04-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Story in the Sun that Craig n Charlie made a $1,000,000 from 500 miles being used as bud ad at the superbowl. Get going with those shares boys.

And you believed it?

southsider
04-02-2015, 02:37 PM
And you believed it?
Yes as the papers are all truth and never lie

hibbybob
04-02-2015, 02:45 PM

GGTTH

Eaststand / Eddiethedog, I emailed the club to ask about the above and rather typically received no reply!

I now know it will be possible to transfer shares in 6 months but what I don't know is the cost of doing so. Do you know it'll be free or is that an assumption? I really need to be sure as I'll be responsible transferring shares whenever it's allowed.

In my case i'd likely be transferring shares to around 6 other people and each amount would easily exceed the current minimum purchase so the sum isn't insignificant.

Interestingly 18,750 shares should cost exactly £750 and 6270 / 7062 around £250 and £280 respectively. Some nice numbers to hang on the wall!

Eaststand
04-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Eaststand / Eddiethedog, I emailed the club to ask about the above and rather typically received no reply!

I now know it will be possible to transfer shares in 6 months but what I don't know is the cost of doing so. Do you know it'll be free or is that an assumption? I really need to be sure as I'll be responsible transferring shares whenever it's allowed.

In my case i'd likely be transferring shares to around 6 other people and each amount would easily exceed the current minimum purchase so the sum isn't insignificant.

Interestingly 18,750 shares should cost exactly £750 and 6270 / 7062 around £250 and £280 respectively. Some nice numbers to hang on the wall!

Alritey
I can't mention names in case they were accused of giving advice but I was also curious about transfer costs, so you'll see from my earlier post where I've been recently, and from that although I've got nowt in writing, I strongly believe there are no costs involved to transfer shares to mates etc in 6 months time 

GGTTH

hibbybob
04-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Alritey
I can't mention names in case they were accused of giving advice but I was also curious about transfer costs, so you'll see from my earlier post where I've been recently, and from that although I've got nowt in writing, I strongly believe there are no costs involved to transfer shares to mates etc in 6 months time 

GGTTH

Cheers, I think we'll go ahead but if I get a reply from Hibs I'll let you know.

hibbydad
04-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Cheers, I think we'll go ahead but if I get a reply from Hibs I'll let you know.

I think shares would have to be transferred by the use of a common form of transfer which I think can be obtained from a law stationer

Eaststand
04-02-2015, 04:34 PM
I think shares would have to be transferred by the use of a common form of transfer which I think can be obtained from a law stationer

Around a year ago I transferred shares to my laddie that my late Mum had held, and there was no cost or form from a stationer required.
All that was required was a wee hand written note from me (acting as executer) with my Mums and my laddies details. No cost involved at all and the new share certificate was issued very soon after the form was returned to the Club

GGTH

Hibby_Paul
04-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Quick question following on from above, I'm an existing shareholder and some mates have also queried about me transferring shares to them after the 6 month period.

I'm assuming the minimum amount of shares you can transfer to an individual is 5,000 shares (£200 worth)? If not then could I not technically split that amount several ways to more folk?

Other question, if more than one mate would like to do the option of giving me money, me buy shares and I then transfer over 6 months. Would it be easier to buy these as separate £200 'orders' (assuming that is minimum) to process each to their new owner? Or if I bought a larger sum it could be easily split to different people?

Hope that makes sense, just can't find a clear answer to these points.

Eaststand
04-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Quick question following on from above, I'm an existing shareholder and some mates have also queried about me transferring shares to them after the 6 month period.

I'm assuming the minimum amount of shares you can transfer to an individual is 5,000 shares (£200 worth)? If not then could I not technically split that amount several ways to more folk?

Other question, if more than one mate would like to do the option of giving me money, me buy shares and I then transfer over 6 months. Would it be easier to buy these as separate £200 'orders' (assuming that is minimum) to process each to their new owner? Or if I bought a larger sum it could be easily split to different people?

Hope that makes sense, just can't find a clear answer to these points.

Hi Paul
I'm not 100% sure on this but as the 1990's shares were a bit more expensive, my recent shares transfer to my laddie was for a couple of hundred shares.
I reckon if you or anybody else has any queries about shares for mates etc, it might be worth a wee trip to chat to the ticket office folks and although they can't give share buying advice, i believe they can answer questions relating to future shares transfers 😉

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I have checked the FAQ on the HSL site .... but I'm either too thick to understand the answer to this question or it hasn't been answered clearly:

I understand if I pay £250 up front I become a member of HSL. If at the end of a year I cant ( or am unwilling ) to invest any more, do I continue to be a member or not?

pontius pilate
04-02-2015, 06:09 PM
I have checked the FAQ on the HSL site .... but I'm either too thick to understand the answer to this question or it hasn't been answered clearly:

I understand if I pay £250 up front I become a member of HSL. If at the end of a year I cant ( or am unwilling ) to invest any more, do I continue to be a member or not?
Im pretty sure you are i think initially its fir 1 year or untill either the shares are bought or more come up. I believe that because you paid upfront you are a member i could be wrong though

CentreLine
04-02-2015, 06:11 PM

Yes your are a member for life and you can pass it on before or after you die, whichever you find most convenient 😀

alexhibs
04-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Signed up on Monday GGTTH :thumbsup:

Malthibby
04-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Yes your are a member for life and you can pass it on before or after you die, whichever you find most convenient 
:greengrin
Signed up with HSL, verra simple process, so they obviously know who they are dealing with.
GG

Tynie01011973
04-02-2015, 06:27 PM

Yes, the HSL scheme is to raise £2.5m only. initially from now to August 2015 - it is not an ongoing commitment to invest each year (unlike FOH).

:aok:

Andy74
04-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Stock transfer form along with certificate should be all that's needed to transfer. Normally no charge. If it's a gift then it's exempt from stamp duty as well.

CraigHibee
04-02-2015, 07:46 PM
thats me signed up tonight, got an email from the club with the form etc, signed up to hsl

hibbydad
04-02-2015, 08:16 PM
thats me signed up tonight, got an email from the club with the form etc, signed up to hsl

Hi East stand as Andy says as well transfer form would be the correct road to transfer shares in your case that would be once confirmation had been attained that what I would expect my solicitor to do when I pass on

GreenOnions
04-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Signed up to HSL today. Very straightforward. Good work Hibs!

Bostonhibby
04-02-2015, 11:29 PM

Don't know if it will be the same this time around but when I transferred some of the current shares to a friend the club Secretary did it quickly and free of charge. Petrie even signed the certificates

Sprouleflyer
05-02-2015, 05:22 AM
Signed up, very simple process! :flag:

Tom Hart RIP
05-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Sorry if mentioned elsewhere. If I buy shares in HSL does that entitle me to go to the agm???
Also does anyone have a rough idea how much a financial advisor would cost?
Cheers

overdrive
05-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Sorry if mentioned elsewhere. If I buy shares in HSL does that entitle me to go to the agm???
Cheers

No, not the main Hibs AGM.

Arch Stanton
05-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Normally I put these things off but the nonsense from BuyHibs and HOH spurred me on to do it now.

They should give badges to let people know you've contributed though - a certificate doesn't excite me much.

CropleyWasGod
05-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Cheers
HSL doesn't have shares. It has a membership, though.

The membership, in itself, doesn't give you the right to go to the AGM.

Arch Stanton
05-02-2015, 09:08 AM
HSL doesn't have shares. It has a membership, though.

The membership, in itself, doesn't give you the right to go to the AGM.

While that's true I would say that HSL would give you more say in the running of the club through the HSL respresentatives - IMO.

Saying that,however, I'm not exactly clear how HSL representatives guage the fan's opinions.

berwickhibee
06-02-2015, 11:07 AM
signed up today. feel good about it:thumbsup:

kaimendhibs
06-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Signed up 15 minutes ago

bookert
06-02-2015, 04:22 PM
well thats my first 18.75 paid.

California-Hibs
06-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Sorry if I'm missing something, but didn't I read earlier in this thread/elsewhere that you can infact pay a contribute amount being monthly or at once, with a sum of your choice? As far as I can see from the site the $18.75 is the minimum monthly and $225 the minimum lump sum, is this correct?

Eyrie
06-02-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm sure that you can pay £10 per month and the only thing to watch is that it will take 23 months to become a member.

Criswell
06-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Signed up 5 mins ago.

zitelli62
06-02-2015, 11:09 PM
I e mailed club yesterday as i still have not received my letter about buying shares should i be worried as im desperate to purchase shares and don't want to miss out any help appreciated thanks.

California-Hibs
07-02-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm sure that you can pay £10 per month and the only thing to watch is that it will take 23 months to become a member.

Yeah, I just noticed too that you can do 10 a month. Thanks for that! :aok:

ACLeith
07-02-2015, 05:49 AM
I e mailed club yesterday as i still have not received my letter about buying shares should i be worried as im desperate to purchase shares and don't want to miss out any help appreciated thanks.

I E-Mailed them with my details (Name, address, Client reference) on 25th January, received a reply last weekend and I now have all the info I need. According to the official site, further letters are being issued this coming week, so hopefully you should get sorted then. The deadline is a long way ahead, so there is no rush, unless the money is burning a hole in your pocket!

Ringothedog
07-02-2015, 09:18 AM
£25000 taken in the first 4 days by direct debit. That is a great start. £100000 a month has to be our minimum target.

IanM
07-02-2015, 09:22 AM
£25000 taken in the first 4 days by direct debit. That is a great start. £100000 a month has to be our minimum target.

I reckon more folk would have signed up if for example they said the first DD would be collected on the 28th/31st. Most folk imagine will be waiting until they get paid

Mikey
07-02-2015, 09:37 AM

That's an excellent start. My first DD came out yesterday as expected!

Ozyhibby
07-02-2015, 10:22 AM
C'mon Hibs fans, let's make this a success and boost Alan Stubbs player budget for next season.

hongkonghibee
07-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I just noticed too that you can do 10 a month. Thanks for that! :aok:

Im thinking of choosing the 10 pound/month option . Will they automatically stop the credit card monthly payment after I become a full member after 23 months? Or will they continue taking the 10 pound after the 23 months is up until I instruct them not to?

Ringothedog
07-02-2015, 11:41 AM
That's an excellent start. My first DD came out yesterday as expected!

Mine is due out on Monday

Just Alf
07-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Im thinking of choosing the 10 pound/month option . Will they automatically stop the credit card monthly payment after I become a full member after 23 months? Or will they continue taking the 10 pound after the 23 months is up until I instruct them not to?

I'm sure I read that they'll keep taking money until either the shares are all bought or you ask them to stop. I'd imagine at the point you get your full membership they'll lgive you an update to remind you either way.

Stuarty27
07-02-2015, 05:23 PM
My first direct debit was taken out this morning!

Any news on how much we have raised?

Wilson
07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Normally I put these things off but the nonsense from BuyHibs and HOH spurred me on to do it now.

They should give badges to let people know you've contributed though - a certificate doesn't excite me much.

Badges?!

We don't need no stinking badges!

Brunswickbill
09-02-2015, 09:07 AM
As I hadn't received any info from the club by last Friday I emailed the club on Saturday. Got a reply first thing this morning apologising for the dealay and explaining that they have had a significant number of enquiries and that they are working their way through them. Printed letter will follow. Also gave information on how to go about acquiring shares. Good service in my book.

emerald green
09-02-2015, 05:58 PM
I received an email from HSL today thanking me for my donation to HSL, and for being part of the evolution. It goes on to say:

"Your donation is most welcome, but can we ask for one further commitment. We are more likely to achieve success if you spread the word and with this in mind could you take on the challenge of encouraging and enlisting one more member from the community of Hibs fans that you know? If all of our members can do this, our membership will grow to a point where we can truly regard ourselves as community owned!

Finally, please use whatever method you can to pass on the message - Facebook (http://hiberniansupporters.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=a6f3029f81&e=943e7c3e77), Twitter (http://hiberniansupporters.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=7237df999d&e=943e7c3e77), email, with a Twibbon (http://hiberniansupporters.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=da2d529e60&e=943e7c3e77), in person or down the pub. The more who take part the more influence we will have."

Nakedmanoncrack
09-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Anyone donated on behalf of children?

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

dp00
10-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Have donated but only confirmation I've had has been for go card less should I have anything from hibs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
10-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Have donated but only confirmation I've had has been for go card less should I have anything from hibs ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. You'll get confirmation from HSL when payment has been processed (takes up to 7 days) but nowt from Hibs.

Nakedmanoncrack
18-02-2015, 06:23 PM
No. You'll get confirmation from HSL when payment has been processed (takes up to 7 days) but nowt from Hibs.

How long after payment has been processed?
Signed up over a week ago and the full £225 debited my account a couple of days ago- not had anything from HSL.

Geo_1875
18-02-2015, 08:09 PM
How long after payment has been processed?
Signed up over a week ago and the full £225 debited my account a couple of days ago- not had anything from HSL.

Got this from HSL

"Thank you so much for your donation, it is greatly appreciated.

As we are aware that you receive at least two emails from Go Cardless we decided that it would be best to avoid sending any more from us.

We are in the process of preparing a Member Application Form which we will be sending to you shortly. We are not allowed to simply assume that you want to be a member but once this is returned to us we will be issuing Membership Certificates soon thereafter."

Nakedmanoncrack
18-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Got this from HSL

"Thank you so much for your donation, it is greatly appreciated.

As we are aware that you receive at least two emails from Go Cardless we decided that it would be best to avoid sending any more from us.

We are in the process of preparing a Member Application Form which we will be sending to you shortly. We are not allowed to simply assume that you want to be a member but once this is returned to us we will be issuing Membership Certificates soon thereafter."

:aok:

I take it this was after you chased it up?

Sweep
18-02-2015, 09:12 PM

I took this option and received an email saying the payments will stop in December 2016.

joe breezy
19-02-2015, 11:08 AM
I received my letter from the club yesterday - it was posted on 6th February

I have until mid August to send the letter back to advise of my interest in buying shares so that i will receive the necessary paperwork

It says I need an Independent Financial Adviser to sign it - I don't have any IFA friends down here so I imagine that's going to cost

I suppose I'll have to sort it though

I don't see the point of not actually buying shares - I want a share certificate otherwise feels a bit jamboid

Eyrie
19-02-2015, 07:06 PM

I have until mid August to send the letter back to advise of my interest in buying shares so that i will receive the necessary paperwork

It says I need an Independent Financial Adviser to sign it - I don't have any IFA friends down here so I imagine that's going to cost

I don't see the point of not actually buying shares - I want a share certificate otherwise feels a bit jamboid

There's a list somewhere of four IFAs who are willing to countersign the form for a small fee. Oddly it's not on the club website but they will supply you with the contact details (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5192) if you email shares@hibernianfc.co.uk

Bay Area Hibees
21-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Happy to get onboard and support team. Well done to everyone esp those in scotland payingout for season tickets, kids tickets etc.

Leithenhibby
21-02-2015, 07:55 AM

Looks like HSL have that covered. :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/hfcsupporters/photos/a.335371379999001.1073741828.329292017273604/342127812656691/?type=1&theater

01-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if you MUST use an IFA on the list the Club have supplied or is any FCA regulated IFA sufficient?? Cheers.

overdrive
01-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know if you MUST use an IFA on the list the Club have supplied or is any FCA regulated IFA sufficient?? Cheers.

Any who is willing to sign it (many feel they can't).

01-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Cheers overdrive.

emerald green
02-03-2015, 10:25 AM
HSL was launched one calendar month ago today. I was just wondering if HSL are able to give any indication yet of what the take up has been like so far, i.e. how many people have signed up to HSL to date, and how much has been pledged (not sure if they can divulge that information?).

Secondly, how many individual applications have been received so far to buy shares direct, and how many shares?

I appreciate that it's still early days, and some will not have got round to signing up yet.

Brightside
02-03-2015, 10:28 AM
HSL was launched one calendar month ago today. I was just wondering if HSL are able to give any indication yet of what the take up has been like so far, i.e. how many people have signed up to HSL to date, and how much has been pledged (not sure if they can divulge that information?).

Secondly, how many individual applications have been received so far to buy shares direct, and how many shares?

I appreciate that it's still early days, and some will not have got round to signing up yet.

There is something coming out later today.

emerald green
02-03-2015, 10:30 AM

OK cheers. :aok:

Ozyhibby
02-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Be good if they could get someone like Andy Murray signed up. Need to ramp up the publicity.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2015, 11:51 PM

Apparently not :dunno:

Leithenhibby
03-03-2015, 12:29 AM

OK cheers. :aok:

Apparently not :dunno:

HSL announced today on twitter and FB that George Stewart ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stewart_%28footballer,_born_1947%29 ) has signed up, along with his two Sons, Dean & Grant.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

https://www.facebook.com/hfcsupporters

https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hibernian supporters.co.uk%2Fnews.html&screen_name=hfcsupporters&tw_p=followbutton

GGTTH :wink: