PDA

View Full Version : Dja Djedji

Unseen work
03-02-2015, 11:02 PM
What is everyones opinion on him so far? iv missed his appearences so far

What positions has he played and do we think he will be a starter?

Going by the formation we play im presuming he would have to play striker. Is he better than cummings malonga and farid?

Cheers

Jonnyboy
03-02-2015, 11:15 PM
What is everyones opinion on him so far? iv missed his appearences so far

What positions has he played and do we think he will be a starter?

Going by the formation we play im presuming he would have to play striker. Is he better than cummings malonga and farid?

Cheers

A few opinions, here :aok:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?298060-Early-thoughts-on-Djedje

Andy74
04-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Hard to judge anyone who has touched the ball about 3 times.

CRAZYHIBBY
04-02-2015, 11:14 AM
If he doesn't do something soon in going to start booing him. ..We need a new scapegoat and he fits the bill plus hes no as good as messi

Ronniekirk
04-02-2015, 07:10 PM
hopefully He will score a hat trick against Arbroath even though he clearly won't be match fit .That will endear him to the fans .It really is too early to make any judgement let's give him time to settle in ,get fully fit and a Couple of games under his belt ,although with Malonga now back ,the Arbroath game is one he will need to make an impact in as likely to be back on the bench for Sevco game

Viva_Palmeiras
05-02-2015, 12:35 PM
hopefully He will score a hat trick against Arbroath even though he clearly won't be match fit .That will endear him to the fans .It really is too early to make any judgement let's give him time to settle in ,get fully fit and a Couple of games under his belt ,although with Malonga now back ,the Arbroath game is one he will need to make an impact in as likely to be back on the bench for Sevco game

Who was the last Hibs player to score on their cup debut? Harris (semi wasn't his cup debut was it?), Griffiths, Cummings (don't think so). And a hattrick? You don't ask for much ;)

oneone73
05-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Who was the last Hibs player to score on their cup debut? Harris (semi wasn't his cup debut was it?), Griffiths, Cummings (don't think so). And a hattrick? You don't ask for much ;)

Debut: Roy O'Donovan?

Edit: Maybe Matt Done?

EskbankHibby
05-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Debut: Roy O'Donovan?

Edit: Maybe Matt Done?

What a goal that was.

Broken Gnome
05-02-2015, 01:56 PM

Doyle at Cowdenbeath. Harris came on against Killie in the QF.

CallumLaidlaw
05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I think with Malonga, Farid and Boyle all unavailable we should see DjeDje starting on Saturday. Getting a decent amount of time in a game is the only real way of getting up to speed with the scottish game. 10 minutes here and there is not good. If Robertson is struggling too, I would give Fyvie the chance to get involved straight away, and give Cerny a game.

TRIALIST
05-02-2015, 02:34 PM
He got the first half of the dev game against Motherwell. Removed at half time I think for Saturday.
He was surprisingly good in the air for his size, looks to have bags of pace, however his most impressive features were his instant control, lay offs and passes.
He was laying them up for Lewis Allan, he was playing wide and behind Lewis and did not have many shots himself.
My guess would be this guy is going to be high up in the assist stats.
I think he has more about him than Malonga and has a different style to Farid.
I think we are in for a lot of fun with this guy, he has the the type of character that we have taken to in the past.

Ronniekirk
05-02-2015, 06:37 PM

If you don't ask , You don't get Wishfulll thinking I know

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
He got the first half of the dev game against Motherwell. Removed at half time I think for Saturday.
He was surprisingly good in the air for his size, looks to have bags of pace, however his most impressive features were his instant control, lay offs and passes.
He was laying them up for Lewis Allan, he was playing wide and behind Lewis and did not have many shots himself.
I think we are in for a lot of fun with this guy, he has the the type of character that we have taken to in the past.

I was surprised how many headers he won against Falkirk. Great spring on him

Kavinho
05-02-2015, 07:20 PM
I was surprised how many headers he won against Falkirk. Great spring on him

Thought the same when he came on v Raith.

jacomo
06-02-2015, 02:54 PM

Tremendous. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

As many have said, we've been crying out for pace and players who can 'make something happen'.

Smartie
06-02-2015, 03:13 PM

He's not had too many touches in the games he has featured in so it's hard to say too much so far based on that.

I was watching him warming up at half-time last week though and his touch looked absolutely sublime. Glad that seems to have translated to a similar kind of performance on the park with the U20s.

Can't wait to see him get a proper run in the 1st team.

Boyle89
06-02-2015, 03:20 PM
When watching the clips of him on YouTube (nothing like getting your hopes up) he did look very dynamic and athletic. Fast strong and a good jump. Think he will do very well tomorrow. If moshni and elbows play at the back next week he will have a field day.

Northernhibee
07-02-2015, 08:01 PM
I thought after a nervy start he played really well. Nothing wrong with his disallowed goal, won a lot of balls in the air, held the ball up, linked up well with Jason. Bit sluggish in terms of pace but looked good.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2015, 08:02 PM
I thought after a nervy start he played really well. Nothing wrong with his disallowed goal, won a lot of balls in the air, held the ball up, linked up well with Jason. Bit sluggish in terms of pace but looked good.

I agree, decent 1st start. Touch was a bit suspect early on, but he got to grips with the game. Scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed

Purehibee_MYB
07-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Thought he did really well after some rustiness early on. More game time and he'll be competing for a starting place

Brightside
07-02-2015, 08:42 PM
I agree, decent 1st start. Touch was a bit suspect early on, but he got to grips with the game. Scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed

His touch was shocking in the first half...he had me worried!

Billy Whizz
07-02-2015, 08:44 PM
His touch was shocking in the first half...he had me worried!

Think he'll score a bucket load of goals before the end of the season. He's played his 1st 90 mins in almost 2 months

The_Horde
07-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Think he'll score a bucket load of goals before the end of the season. He's played his 1st 90 mins in almost 2 months

Stubbs has played a blinder here.

Hannah_hfc
07-02-2015, 09:10 PM
He also did alot of running and chasing about. Also noticed he's not that selfish with the ball in the box, I think a partnership with him and Malonga today would have resulted in a good few goals, it just wasn't happening for Cummings today (apart from the og)

ekhibee
07-02-2015, 09:15 PM
I've got a slightly different opinion from some on here, I thought at times this guy looked different class. When he's fully up to speed/match fitness I reckon he could be one of Stubbs' best signings. On that subject, I'm trying to think of a bad signing that Stubbs has made, and there simply isn't one. The only one I might have doubts about is Oxley, for me the jury's out on him, but all the others look good and make a great contribution to the team as a whole. Just my opinion of course.

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 09:19 PM
He started off badly but really came into the game as it went on.

His defending was excellent, he tracked back a lot, his passes were perfect most of the time and he scored two good goals (nothing wrong with the one that was disallowed!)

Was quite impressed by him :agree:

overdrive
07-02-2015, 09:21 PM
I've got a slightly different opinion from some on here, I thought at times this guy looked different class. When he's fully up to speed/match fitness I reckon he could be one of Stubbs' best signings. On that subject, I'm trying to think of a bad signing that Stubbs has made, and there simply isn't one. The only one I might have doubts about is Oxley, for me the jury's out on him, but all the others look good and make a great contribution to the team as a whole. Just my opinion of course.
I would agree. A bit dodgy in the first half. He probably has the best movement of all our strikers.

whiskyhibby
07-02-2015, 09:25 PM
He started off badly but really came into the game as it went on.

His defending was excellent, he tracked back a lot, his passes were perfect most of the time and he scored two good goals (nothing wrong with the one that was disallowed!)

Was quite impressed by him :agree:

Couldn't disagree with any of that......

Hibby Bairn
07-02-2015, 09:27 PM
Was he not involved in the third goal or am I thinking of another move?

overdrive
07-02-2015, 09:30 PM
It will be a tough call as to who plays up front when everyone is available.

gorgie greens
07-02-2015, 10:37 PM

What a nice problem to have,:greengrin

neil7908
07-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Looked the part today and importantly for me improved as the game continued. As other posters have mentioned he did a lot of running and chasing. His flick/backheel for McGeough's goal showed his class.

It's always hard to tell this early, particularly given the opposition but I'm really happy with our options up front this season

Col2
07-02-2015, 10:53 PM
I liked the look of him. Yes rustiness in 1st half with 1st touch but took his goal very well, unlucky not to have 2nd goal (ruled out), set up our 3rd goal and laid one off for Cummings which keeper saved point blank.

Has good movement and pace.

CRAZYHIBBY
07-02-2015, 11:23 PM
How did he celebrate his goal. ...Did he give it the old triple summersault

IrnBru22
08-02-2015, 02:08 AM
How did he celebrate his goal. ...Did he give it the old triple summersault

He ran over to the bench

Nomeancity
08-02-2015, 08:48 AM
He ran over to the bench

What was his run to the bench about? Who did he go to?

Hibeewilly
08-02-2015, 09:49 AM
You have the opinion as me EK - I think he looks a right player. Very rusty I agree he could be a gem of a signing. He was a prolific scorer for France up to U21 level and might just be the same for us

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Was he not involved in the third goal or am I thinking of another move?

Yeah he flicked the ball to McGeough

Ozyhibby
08-02-2015, 11:30 AM

He was trying to steal Farid's lucky penny.:agree:

Ozyhibby
08-02-2015, 11:32 AM

I would think that Malonga and Djedje will be the partnership and Cummings will be rested for a few weeks as he has had to play every week this season. A rest will do him good to get ready for the run in and the play offs.

ekhibee
08-02-2015, 12:33 PM
You have the opinion as me EK - I think he looks a right player. Very rusty I agree he could be a gem of a signing. He was a prolific scorer for France up to U21 level and might just be the same for us
Yep, good point, he's got a good pedigree and if he can even come close to that level of progression he'd be an excellent signing.

Northernhibee
08-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I quite like having a signing that has come out of absolutely nowhere. Rather than being able to look at how previous clubs have reacted to him leaving and making minds up before he's played a game we're forming opinions on his play for us - it's quite refreshing actually.

ekhibee
08-02-2015, 12:49 PM
I quite like having a signing that has come out of absolutely nowhere. Rather than being able to look at how previous clubs have reacted to him leaving and making minds up before he's played a game we're forming opinions on his play for us - it's quite refreshing actually.
Yep, totally agree, our opinions can easily be coloured by what we know of a particular player on their past performances, so starting afresh can be refreshing, as you say.

PerfectlyFranck
08-02-2015, 12:54 PM

He ran over to Mackinnon, the physio.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-02-2015, 01:09 PM
He ran over to Mackinnon, the physio.

Sleazebag.

HappyAsHellas
08-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I thought he wasn't too impressive at the start in the first touch department but as the game went on he got better and better. Cummings can learn from the unselfishness of this guy as he looks to link up with whoever is around him. Can see him and Malonga starting up front on Friday to really give the Rangers some major problems.

Famous Fiver
08-02-2015, 05:25 PM
After 10 minutes the know it alls round me in the East are shouting to get him off. Don't want to turn this into a bad supporter thread but there really are some clowns about.

He came on to a good game and gave them all sorts of problems. He pulls defenders about and is always sniffing things out. He'll do for me.