PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: LEEANN THANKS FANS FOR TRANSFER WINDOW SUPPORT

RSS Bot
03-02-2015, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5166)

An exciting transfer window closed yesterday with the capture of exciting young Scottish midfielder Fraser Fyvie.

His arrival brought the number of first-team players brought to the Club to five during the window – the others being goalkeeper Tomas Czerny, defender Keith Watson, and strikers Martin Boyle and Franck Dja Djedje.

In addition, the Club also brought in midfielder Aaron Scott, capped at Scotland under 17 level, to the Development squad set-up.

In addition a series of six-figure bids from Dundee United for Hibernian’s prized midfielder Scott Allan were rejected as the Club sets about building a team to sustain our push for promotion.

Chief Executive Leeann Dempster said: “It has been a busy and productive January, and we’ve achieved what we set out to do.

“We identified that we needed another goalkeeper, and we have an experienced guy in Tomas Czerny. We needed to strengthen the right hand side of our defence, and we brought in one of Scotland’s best young defenders in Keith Watson from Dundee United, where he played regular first team football.

“We know that we have a strong midfield, but additional quality in the second half of the season will be important and in Fraser we think we have that. We’ve also brought in two attacking options in Martin and Franck who provide different options to help provide the goals to get us back to the Premiership.

“It is correct that Dundee United made a number of approaches yesterday for Scott Allan. However, we were not interested in doing that business – we are building a team and Scott is a major part of our Club.
Leeann said the transfer window arrivals were only possible because of the commitment of supporters who continued to buy their season tickets at this time last year, and who committed to half season tickets, and to the ongoing support of the Holding Company.

“Without the commitment of supporters, we simply can’t do this kind of business. It is a clear demonstration of just how important it is to us that supporters continue to back us.

"So a big thank you to all who have bought season tickets, half season tickets, or who come along regularly to support the team. “

WillowbraeHibby
03-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Good touch from Leeann... :thumbsup:.. Communicating to the supporters always appreciated! :agree:

Centre Hawf
03-02-2015, 03:42 PM
The signings over the course of this season have been inspiring. I honestly can't think of a better season for signing players. Each one either looks brilliant on paper, or most importantly on the park.

Fans will continue to purchase half-seasons or full season tickets when we know the money is going in to bringing players like these. Well done Hibs, keep up the good work and lets catch Sevco.

:flag:

Weststandwanab
03-02-2015, 03:45 PM
A nice touch well done Ms. Dempster

and Stubbsy

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Three generations of the Hutchy family attending on Sat together for the first time, its only right.

madhatter
03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Three generations of the Hutchy family attending on Sat together for the first time, its only right.

:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Add me and my old boy to the list of returning supporters too on Saturday.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Nice touch Leeann...thanks to you for backing our manager to the hilt. I and many others will have no qualms about renewing STs when we see this kind of sporting ambition.

madhatter
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Add me and my old boy to the list of returning supporters too on Saturday.

:thumbsup:

Onion
03-02-2015, 04:29 PM
"So a big thank you to all who have bought season tickets, half season tickets, or who come along regularly to support the team. “

Nice touch by LD, but what about those who come along every now and again ? Do they not love all their children :greengrin ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM

Nice touch by LD, but what about those who come along every now and again ? Do they not love all their children :greengrin ?

A bit like yourself, I'm sure by the time this thread has ran its course folk will be a bit pickled!

lyonhibs
03-02-2015, 05:00 PM
They never did give any update on the number of half season tickets sold this year.

Presumably cos the numbers were low ?

Good message from LD in any case.

emerald green
03-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Good communication from LD yet again. :aok:

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Nice touch. It's little things like that that go a long way. Wee Rodders must be wondering why he didn't do this when he was the head honcho.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Sometimes it's the little things which make the biggest difference.

Comments like that from Leeann Dempster are good to hear and it costs nothing.

The communication from the club is miles better compared with where it used to be.

hibby6270
03-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I've had a few moans about the ST price for this season but coming round now to the positive effect it is giving with the signings that have been made.

Let's hope it pays off - even it is now going to be via play offs - which I'm sure we had hoped could be avoided at start of season.

Thanks for the update LD.

Chuck Rhoades
03-02-2015, 07:32 PM
Good communication. Really excited for the coming months on and off the pitch.

MurrayfieldHibs
03-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Well done Leeann, (and Alan Stubbs and the rest of the staff) simple communication is all it takes. Make your supporters/paying customers feel valued. It really isn't that difficult but it has been totally absent for years.

Now we need to get out there and focus on winning every game, starting with that pesky cup on Saturday!

:thumbsup::hibees:gwa::thumbsup::flag:

Criswell
03-02-2015, 10:00 PM
It's chalk and cheese really. At last we have someone who understands PR