PDA

View Full Version : Colin Calderwood new Assistant Manager at Brighton

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Poor sods, Wonder what the sweetie shops are like down there?

WillowbraeHibby
03-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Be interesting to see how long he lasts... :rolleyes: Poor Brighton..!

givescotlandfreedom
03-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Even seeing the name still repulses me.

JimBHibees
03-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Always follows Chris Hughton around obviously mates form Spurs days.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Maybe Hughton frequents Thornton's.

stokesmessiah
03-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Delighted for him!

Boyle89
03-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Was number 1 on my ****list Untill terry came along.
Still hope he fails miserably and Brighton are relegated.

Hibs Class
03-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Good news. There are few clubs in the UK that are further away from Edinburgh than Brighton.

Hibby Bairn
03-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Seems to be a decent assistant. Didn't work out as a manager but he tried hard at Hibs. Just didn't work out for him as a boss.

Good luck to him. Only met him once but seemed like a decent man.

Cameron1875
03-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Seems to be a decent assistant. Didn't work out as a manager but he tried hard at Hibs. Just didn't work out for him as a boss.

Must say he didn't give off that vibe imo.

And is it just me that thinks he seemed like an absolute **** rather than a decent man?

Maybe I'm just bitter :wink:

Bostonhibby
03-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Must say he didn't give off that vibe imo.

And is it just me that thinks he seemed like an absolute **** rather than a decent man?

Maybe I'm just bitter :wink:

You are not alone.

emerald green
03-02-2015, 05:46 PM
I wonder if, at Brighton, he'll shuffle about the touchline, arms folded, looking down at his feet, giving the impression of being totally disinterested and wishing he was anywhere else but ER?

That's just the way he came across to me. A failure at ER that's for sure.

Sir David Gray
03-02-2015, 06:26 PM
The way he conducted himself over the summer of 2011 was disgraceful and some of the comments he came out with were some of the worst that I've ever heard from a Hibernian manager.

I hope they get relegated.

Borderhibbie76
03-02-2015, 06:30 PM

Tried hard?? Are you sure about that? ? Looked to me at the time likebhe never gave a s### about us...horrendous manager eclipsed only by The Butcher imo

The Gorf
03-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Well that puts a new slant on GIRFUY.
this will more than likely be deleted but I had to chuckle.

EdinMike
03-02-2015, 06:46 PM
What a shame, I like Brighton as a place...

Scottie
03-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Was number 1 on my ****list Untill terry came along.
Still hope he fails miserably and Brighton are relegated.
Hope his next Number 2 rips him a new one.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Chris Hughton (who I do like as a manager) must have a mates clause inserted in his contracts - wherever he pops up next Coco seems to follow, or at least Hughton tries to get him in.

Fergos
03-02-2015, 08:40 PM

He spent more time heading south where he kept his house right after each game rather than working hard....and it showed. His contempt for our club was nothing short of ignorant and showed him to be the poor manager he really was...and always will be.

One of the worst managers we have ever had.

GGTTH

Dan Sarf
03-02-2015, 10:12 PM
He spent more time heading south where he kept his house right after each game rather than working hard....and it showed. His contempt for our club was nothing short of ignorant and showed him to be the poor manager he really was...and always will be.

GGTTH

Disagree. He was much worse than that.

Forza Fred
05-02-2015, 04:58 AM
The way he conducted himself over the summer of 2011 was disgraceful and some of the comments he came out with were some of the worst that I've ever heard from a Hibernian manager.

I hope they get relegated.

Hard to disagree with this

Feel sorry for Brighton though

Northernhibee
05-02-2015, 10:41 AM

GGTTH

He actually headed down south to see his son who he was missing quite badly. Not just to see his house.

Other than that his bag of sweeties thing was downright poor and his management was third only to the butcher and duff Jimmy.

Kato
05-02-2015, 10:58 AM

Is there a John Blackley thread somewhere you intended this for?

Wish nothing but failure upon Calderwood.

Fergos
05-02-2015, 11:14 AM
He actually headed down south to see his son who he was missing quite badly. Not just to see his house.

Other than that his bag of sweeties thing was downright poor and his management was third only to the butcher and duff Jimmy.

He surely would have known that when he signed up for the job...in Edinburgh.

My point was on the original point of him working hard....I don't see any evidence to suggest he worked harder or as hard as any other manager we have had - and his performance in role showed this to be correct. Never mind his attitude to both club and supporters from comments made about his sweeties or whatever it was.

GGTTH

IrnBru22
05-02-2015, 11:16 AM

Whats the bag of sweeties thing about?

Billy Whizz
05-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Whats the bag of sweeties thing about?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/if-someone-offers-you-two-bags-of-sweets-you-look-in-both-before-you-choose.14179944

silverhibee
05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
[B]He surely would have known that when he signed up for the job...in Edinburgh.

My point was on the original point of him working hard....I don't see any evidence to suggest he worked harder or as hard as any other manager we have had - and his performance in role showed this to be correct. Never mind his attitude to both club and supporters from comments made about his sweeties or whatever it was.

GGTTH

The man who appointed him new the situation with Calderwood but still went ahead and brought him in as our manager, it's appointments like this by Petrie that have us in this position we are in, I do believe he is a good coach (but not cut out to be a manager) and there wasn't many players who had a bad word to say about him while he was at Hibs, i think the off field stuff was his downfall and it affected the players on match day, when he took over the mood at ER was bad and some of the players were getting nasty abuse from the stands, he even stopped playing Nish because the nastiness being directed at Nish was a disgrace, i sat behind the dug out that season and some fans around that area would have been better seeking help than attending games, I sat next to Nishy's brother a few times during games and it wasn't nice for the guy, but Calderwood dug his own whole, photos in a hotel with Steve McClaren, bag of sweeties comment, heading down South straight after games and not turning back up at EM until Tuesday, basically he wanted away from Hibs and we got a offer for him and that clown Petrie turned it down and even worse backed him in a statement with false or misleading stats, yes Calderwood was bad, but Petrie has to take most of the blame, he then brought in nice guy Pat and then topped it of by signing Butcher & co who brought the unstable club to it's knees with relegation, but it's now a bright new start with the elephant still in the room having his say from his seat at the back.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Back into the role that appears to be cut out for him. Not just as an assistant but an assistant to CH. Showed at Forest that he did not have what it takes. You just wonder what he hell he said during his interview that was so convincing?

Hibiza
05-02-2015, 01:49 PM
A lucky useless dude who makes plenty money for hee -haw.

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Nothing against Brighton, but I hope he bombs.

Hibs have had some poor managers in my time, but none of them disrespected the club like Calderdud. Incompetence I can live with, it happens, a manager taking the job and publicly making it clear that he would prefer to be an assistant somewhere else while still in post I cant. That makes him worse than Duffy or Butcher in my book.

--------
05-02-2015, 02:31 PM
The man who appointed him new the situation with Calderwood but still went ahead and brought him in as our manager, it's appointments like this by Petrie that have us in this position we are in, I do believe he is a good coach (but not cut out to be a manager) and there wasn't many players who had a bad word to say about him while he was at Hibs, i think the off field stuff was his downfall and it affected the players on match day, when he took over the mood at ER was bad and some of the players were getting nasty abuse from the stands, he even stopped playing Nish because the nastiness being directed at Nish was a disgrace, i sat behind the dug out that season and some fans around that area would have been better seeking help than attending games, I sat next to Nishy's brother a few times during games and it wasn't nice for the guy, but Calderwood dug his own whole, photos in a hotel with Steve McClaren, bag of sweeties comment, heading down South straight after games and not turning back up at EM until Tuesday, basically he wanted away from Hibs and we got a offer for him and that clown Petrie turned it down and even worse backed him in a statement with false or misleading stats, yes Calderwood was bad, but Petrie has to take most of the blame, he then brought in nice guy Pat and then topped it of by signing Butcher & co who brought the unstable club to it's knees with relegation, but it's now a bright new start with the elephant still in the room having his say from his seat at the back.

As you say. As you say. :agree:

Fergos
05-02-2015, 05:15 PM

My only point is / was - he was a crap manager....backed by Petrie who was / is without doubt a poor figurehead and decision maker......on managers appointments anyway / at least.

GGTTH

overdrive
05-02-2015, 06:00 PM
As somebody else mentioned, this clown showed us complete disrespect. At least Butcher didn't intentionally disrespect us. He was just an incompetent who was stuck in the dark ages.