PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray's tackle on Fraser Fyvie.

Spike Mandela
03-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Remember this. I wonder if Fraser still gets cold shivers thinking about that tackle......

http://sport.stv.tv/football/134571-murray-confused-by-mcghee-criticism/

Stokesy's on fire
03-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Remember this. I wonder if Fraser still gets cold shivers thinking about that tackle......

I remember it well Murray smashed him. At the time I was happy becuase i couldnt stand the sheep one bit and we won 2-0 im sure Liam Miller scored that night.

MB62
03-02-2015, 11:32 AM

It was a fair and perfectly timed challenge. Fraser was on fire for the Dons at that time and Murray took the opportunity to win the ball AND the man :-)

MWHIBBIES
03-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Remember that game, the tackle in question was perfect. The one from Maurice Ross that got him send off certainly wasn't though, Kevin McBride was rarely fit and certainly not half as good for us after that.

Winston Ingram
03-02-2015, 11:49 AM
It was a fair and perfectly timed challenge. Fraser was on fire for the Dons at that time and Murray took the opportunity to win the ball AND the man :-)

:agree:

Future17
03-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Remember that game, the tackle in question was perfect. The one from Maurice Ross that got him send off certainly wasn't though, Kevin McBride was rarely fit and certainly not half as good for us after that.

Maurice Ross - there's a blast from the past! Nomadic career he's had - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Ross

12 caps for Scotland!!!

Judas Iscariot
03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Always going to happen when someone Murrays age tackles a laddie FF age at the time..

Great tackle

heretoday
03-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Kevin McBride was good.

Broken Gnome
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Did Aberdeen's two reds and Fyvie's injury not prompt some BBC Scotland and McGhee led scandal for days on end? Even though every decision was right?

Great game, did we not go top with the late goals? Remember it really felt like a big deal at the time and we had a lot to lose, especially when two men up.

Kato
03-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Did Aberdeen's two reds and Fyvie's injury not prompt some BBC Scotland and McGhee led scandal for days on end? Even though every decision was right?

The BBC don't like it when we win never mind when we beat one of their favourites.

TheFamous1875
03-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Kevin McBride was good.

We were saying that long before he left anaw!

lyonhibs
03-02-2015, 04:35 PM
.......... was an absolute beauty, is all that needs to be added on to this thread title.

Remeber it well, down by the West stand/North stand corner, a couple of yards in from the touchline.

Ian Murray loved a tackle. Anyone remember the sonic boom that occurred when him and Robbie Neilson pulled no punches in a sliding tackle special on - I think - his 2nd debut in a 0-0 draw at Crimecastle?

Bronson
03-02-2015, 05:05 PM
.......... was an absolute beauty, is all that needs to be added on to this thread title.

Remeber it well, down by the West stand/North stand corner, a couple of yards in from the touchline.

Ian Murray loved a tackle. Anyone remember the sonic boom that occurred when him and Robbie Neilson pulled no punches in a sliding tackle special on - I think - his 2nd debut in a 0-0 draw at Crimecastle?

His elbow on Ian Black at Tynie was a beauty, knocked him clean out. Lovely.

Hibs Class
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM

I could have sworn it was at the corner of the west and south stands?

RyeSloan
03-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I could have sworn it was at the corner of the west and south stands?

It was.

.Sean.
03-02-2015, 05:38 PM
If I grow to love Fyvie as much as I love Ian Murray he'll be doing alright :greengrin

Future17
03-02-2015, 05:41 PM

Not that well apparently... :-)

.Sean.
03-02-2015, 05:41 PM
It was.
:agree: I had my season ticket down that end and it was right in front of me.

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2015, 05:56 PM
From the FF it looked hard but fair ... McGhee was always a moaning get :greengrin

lyonhibs
03-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Not that well apparently... :-)

Hmmmm age is wreaking it's dastardly effects earlier than I'd feared it would seem....

HibbyKeith
03-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Possibly thinking of the tackle on Alex Harris by Hutchinson of Motherwell? That one was West/North touchline.

Nomeancity
03-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Absolutely shocking tackle, how Murray could do that to one of our own is beyond me.

Nomeancity
03-02-2015, 06:56 PM
No where near as good as tortalano on strachan - a real did that just really happen moment.

SaulGoodman
03-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Possibly thinking of the tackle on Alex Harris by Hutchinson of Motherwell? That one was West/North touchline.

Thought that was East/South touchline? Almost exactly opposite where Murray's tackle was on Fyvie?

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Not as good as Murrays tackle on Hinkel in more or less the same place in front of the West.

bingo70
03-02-2015, 09:08 PM

Maybe getting mixed up with basil boli taking out Kevin Harper around that area?

Easy mistake to make

sleeping giant
03-02-2015, 09:24 PM
No where near as good as tortalano on strachan - a real did that just really happen moment.

:greengrin

I can still hear my Dad screaming WTF Joe WTF .

Feed McGraw
03-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Thought that was East/South touchline? Almost exactly opposite where Murray's tackle was on Fyvie? Nope, Harris one was definitely West/North. I know for sure as I had my " Wayfinders " on - wee joke for fellow " Oldies ".

StevieC
03-02-2015, 09:35 PM
How the **** can you guys remember tackles, let alone where about the were on the pitch?

I'm struggling to remember what I had for my tea yesterday!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Thought that was East/South touchline? Almost exactly opposite where Murray's tackle was on Fyvie?

Was defo W/N. Followed by a short limp up the touch line and down the tunnel for Harris. Remember the TV cameras keep moving these days 😁

lapsedhibee
03-02-2015, 09:45 PM
How the **** can you guys remember tackles, let alone where about the were on the pitch?

I can remember fat Yogi Hughes's "tackle" on Bobby Duncan as if it were yesterday, but not what I had for tea afterwards.

Cabbage East
03-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Reminds me of the best tackle I've ever seen. David Murphy on a United player in front of the old east. Absolutely emptied him and won the ball. The noise was immense. The boy a crumpled heap. Anyone remember?

overdrive
03-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Jay Shields on Hartley. Think it ended up as an assist for a Riordan goal.

WeeRussell
03-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Reminds me of the best tackle I've ever seen. David Murphy on a United player in front of the old east. Absolutely emptied him and won the ball. The noise was immense. The boy a crumpled heap. Anyone remember?

Yes. It was on Marc Wilson - who was coincidentally 'linked' with us last month. :aok:

#FromTheCapital
03-02-2015, 11:12 PM

I never forget a good tackle

bigstu
03-02-2015, 11:35 PM
You can't beat a good tackle & Ian Murray was great at them. I remember he smashed Barry Ferguson after about 2 seconds against Rangers at ER one game, it was a belter. The tackle against Fyvie was a great memory also.

Jumbo
03-02-2015, 11:56 PM
I remember Ian Murray's sending off at Darkhead, wasn't even pretence of a tackle, he just booted McGeady as he went past him :tee hee:

hfc rd
04-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Remember that tackle really well! Typical Ian Murray challenge!

KeithTheHibby
04-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Erich Schaedler in the lead up to the 7th goal in that humping of the yams. Too young to remember it but boy do I enjoy watching it!

Bristolhibby
04-02-2015, 08:01 AM
I remember Ian Murray putting a Celtic player up in the air in the "squiggler" game. Right in front of the West. A massive cheer went up.

J

SouthMoroccoStu
04-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Jay Shields on Hartley. Think it ended up as an assist for a Riordan goal.

Jay against Roy Keane

Thought it was very brave at the time, until we discovered Keane was now a toothless lion

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I remember Ian Murray putting a Celtic player up in the air in the "squiggler" game. Right in front of the West. A massive cheer went up.

J

Was that the Hinkel tackle I mentioned earlier

lyonhibs
04-02-2015, 01:15 PM
I remember Ian Murray's sending off at Darkhead, wasn't even pretence of a tackle, he just booted McGeady as he went past him :tee hee:

Skip to about 4.48 here for a exemplary example on how to deal with a nippy wee welt.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5dvc4_highlights-celtic-v-hibs_sport

God Petrie
04-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Erich Schaedler in the lead up to the 7th goal in that humping of the yams. Too young to remember it but boy do I enjoy watching it!

Yep. Reminds me of David Murphy nailing the rangers right back (Ricksen?) to set up sproule's third in the first 3-0 at ibrox.

Northern Hibby
04-02-2015, 04:25 PM
in Thread about tackles we have to mention Super Joe on Strachan :thumbsup:

Bristolhibby
04-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Was that the Hinkel tackle I mentioned earlier

That's the one.

Brilliant.

J

Kato
04-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Have to point out. There's some hacks and horrendous fouls being mentioned on here, Torto's scythe on Strachan being the worst/best of that ilk.

Murray's on Fyvie was a fair challenge. No foul.

Northern Hibby
04-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Have to point out. There's some hacks and horrendous fouls being mentioned on here, Torto's scythe on Strachan being the worst/best of that ilk.

Murray's on Fyvie was a fair challenge. No foul.

True but we do love a good Scythe :agree:
It's a football fans guilty pleasure :agree:
As long as it in the right direction :wink:

Kato
04-02-2015, 04:52 PM
True but we do love a good Scythe :agree:
It's a football fans guilty pleasure :agree:
As long as it in the right direction :wink:

:wink: