PDA

View Full Version : The Long Term Diamond

Cocaine&Caviar
03-02-2015, 08:33 AM
With the capture of Fyvie, we're looking very strong in midfield with technically good players, with lots of potential. Should we manage to get promoted this season, and tie players down on a longer contract, id quite like to see the below a foundation of the club for the forseeable future:

DLP: Fyvie (21)
LCM: McGeouch (22)
RCM: Allan (23)
TIP: Stanton (20)

Hibby Bairn
03-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Hungry young players with points to prove.

The Leith Dutch
03-02-2015, 09:52 AM
With the capture of Fyvie, we're looking very strong in midfield with technically good players, with lots of potential. Should we manage to get promoted this season, and tie players down on a longer contract, id quite like to see the below a foundation of the club for the forseeable future:

The fact you put Stanton at tip and Allan on the right made me think.
My gut would have been to stick Allan at the tip as he controls the game but really I'd like to see him running the game from wherever he sees fit with the other 3 taking a more disciplined approach to their position.

Either way - as you say - it's a nice looking quartet :)

Cocaine&Caviar
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
The fact you put Stanton at tip and Allan on the right made me think.
My gut would have been to stick Allan at the tip as he controls the game but really I'd like to see him running the game from wherever he sees fit with the other 3 taking a more disciplined approach to their position.

Either way - as you say - it's a nice looking quartet :)

For me, with Handling being replaced at the tip of the diamond, Allan hasnt looked anywhere near as sharp. Better player when attacking from deep IMO.

Andy74
03-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Scott Robertson has a few years left in him yet I hope. I'd have him instead of Stanton and move Allan further up.

#2 Double Tap
03-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Scott Robertson has a few years left in him yet I hope. I'd have him instead of Stanton and move Allan further up.

for sure.

jacomo
03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
What's DLP?

J-C
03-02-2015, 10:18 AM
What's DLP?

Deep lying playmaker

jacomo
03-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Deep lying playmaker

:faf: People are just starting to make it up as they go along. Fyvie's a decent signing, but he's not Pirlo.

But :aok: for the explanation.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 11:55 AM
I wonder how long it'll take Naomi Campbell to turn up at EM once she hears about The Long Term Diamond? :-)

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2015, 11:59 AM
:faf: People are just starting to make it up as they go along. Fyvie's a decent signing, but he's not Pirlo.

It's a Football Manager thing! You can tell the ones who play the game because they start using the games terms on here. Deep laying Playmakers, Inside Forwards, Fluid Structures etc. Once you notice it you can't unnotice it!

jacomo
03-02-2015, 12:54 PM
It's a Football Manager thing! You can tell the ones who play the game because they start using the games terms on here. Deep laying Playmakers, Inside Forwards, Fluid Structures etc. Once you notice it you can't unnotice it!

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out, and make sure I disregard their opinions :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
03-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out, and make sure I disregard their opinions :wink:
No bother. Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

LioNeilMessi
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM

Personally I'd have Robertson at the bottom of the diamond as the BWM with Allan at the top as an AP. Farid as Target man (mixed) :agree:

Fergos
03-02-2015, 09:50 PM

Couldn't agree more, some of the waffle on here about where he should play and where he should fit in is fantasy football manager stuff.....from memory and I could be wrong the lad is an attacking wide midfield player...

GGTTH

B.H.F.C
03-02-2015, 10:04 PM
For me, with Handling being replaced at the tip of the diamond, Allan hasnt looked anywhere near as sharp. Better player when attacking from deep IMO.

Keep reading this about Allan and there is maybe some truth in it when you think about how good he was against The Rangers.

But when you think back to the games he's played in the more advanced role he was involved in every goal against Falkirk, a couple against Cowdenbeath, opened up Qots leading to the penalty down there and was involved in the second. On Saturday he could have had about five assists if our strikers had bothered to put the ball in the net.

I don't think we've got anybody else who would create half as much as he does playing there. In saying that, he was exceptional over Christmas playing a bit deeper.

tamig
03-02-2015, 10:18 PM

I'm still not convinced that any of the first three in that list will be here beyond the end of the season. Hopefully I'm wrong but if Allan continues as he has been and Fyvie is half as good, I suspect there will be plenty clubs sniffing around.

Godsahibby
03-02-2015, 10:30 PM

The first person who uses the term 'Raumdeuter' on here to describe someones best position gets a slap!

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't like even the thought of "raining on someones parade". however, is it not fact, that a smaller club than us almost took Allan, from us yesterday, into the upper league/ and is it not a fact that the ex-D.Utd player we have recently signed until the end of season, (the same club that almost snatched Allan) has designs on playing in England next year? is it not also a fact, that our last minute 3.5 month signing, also has the feeling that he should be at a much bigger club than Hibernian? If our present managerial team get us back into the Premier for next season, I think they will then be the next target, or worry for reasonable Hibernian fans.

Andy74
03-02-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't like even the thought of "raining on someones parade". however, is it not fact, that a smaller club than us almost took Allan, from us yesterday, into the upper league/ and is it not a fact that the ex-D.Utd player we have recently signed until the end of season, (the same club that almost snatched Allan) has designs on playing in England next year? is it not also a fact, that our last minute 3.5 month signing, also has the feeling that he should be at a much bigger club than Hibernian? If our present managerial team get us back into the Premier for next season, I think they will then be the next target, or worry for reasonable Hibernian fans.

Stopped reading after the word almost.

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 10:35 PM
forgot to say, McGeoch who was my mom, on Saturday , yet somehow subbed, is not actually a Hibs player at the end of this season and looks like he can either go back to his "mother" club, or urge his agent to get him a better deal elsewhere. sorry:rolleyes:

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Stopped reading after the word almost.bored you did it? or just not looking facts in the face.

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Stopped reading after the word almost.have a closer look at Tamig's post, if my ideas annoy you buddy.

Thecat23
03-02-2015, 11:08 PM

I think you should try be a bit more positive. The earth might be hit by a comet sometime soon. I say enjoy the players while here. If they move they move I trust the management to bring in just as good players!! If they then go which someday will happen I hope that because of the way we want Hibs to be run the next in will have an easy transition just like Swansea or Southampton. Long as the foundations as laid and the ideas are there I'm happy!

Ronniekirk
03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
forgot to say, McGeoch who was my mom, on Saturday , yet somehow subbed, is not actually a Hibs player at the end of this season and looks like he can either go back to his "mother" club, or urge his agent to get him a better deal elsewhere. sorry:rolleyes:
Stubbs hopes Mcgeoch will be playing against Arbroath after taking a knock against Raith so that explains why he subbed him I would assume

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 11:42 PM

Bevvy involved here?

Unseen work
03-02-2015, 11:59 PM

united made a bid that got rejected, they never "almost" took him from us at all. We could bid money for anyone in the world, doesnt mean were close to getting them

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Bevvy involved here?ah, does it also annoy you that I happen to come on , quite late in the evening with my posts/ despite the fact that I happen to have a different view to you and a couple of others? you have no idea what my day is filled up with so accuse me of being ....half pished? ok mister hutchie, whatever floats yer boat

monktonharp
04-02-2015, 12:09 AM
I think you should try be a bit more positive. The earth might be hit by a comet sometime soon. I say enjoy the players while here. If they move they move I trust the management to bring in just as good players!! If they then go which someday will happen I hope that because of the way we want Hibs to be run the next in will have an easy transition just like Swansea or Southampton. Long as the foundations as laid and the ideas are there I'm happy! I, like you, am enjoying good players while they are here. I, LIKE YOU, feel that I have every right to post my comments on here and the difference being that I try not to denounce comments from others other than suggesting my opposition to theirs. cannae see any sign of a comet hitting my area tonight, but I will stick with my thoughts that the 3 main players mentioned earlier could well be on their way soon, and some on here wont admit that they are only here for such a short term.

Mikey09
04-02-2015, 12:10 AM
For the first time in a long time I feel we have a management team who have a clear vision of how they want us to play, identifying and signing players capable of playing this system to its full effect. They are also bringing out the best in the likes of Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Lewis Stevenson etc. it just goes to show how we, and these players I mentioned were let down drastically by the previous management team who's out of date football cost us our place in the top league. However, as Dempster says it's time we all stopped looking back and focused on what we're doing now. And I for one am bloody impressed in the manner Stubbs and his team have gone about things, especially the boys he's brought in, Allan, McGeouch, Malonga, Gray, Fontaine, Fyvie, Djedje, Watson. Add to that we now have two very good keepers and our squad is looking very strong for the run in with El Aligui to come back as well. To put it bluntly Stubbs has worked wonders in the short time he has had. Yes some results could have been better but most performances have been very good to watch. Looking forward to Saturday to hopefully get into the quarter finals of the cup..... To all concerned at Hibernian FC...:not worth

monktonharp
04-02-2015, 12:14 AM
Stubbs hopes Mcgeoch will be playing against Arbroath after taking a knock against Raith so that explains why he subbed him I would assume I have not read or heard anything of that. I thought that move was one that cost us 2 points. I felt like blaming the management, but bow to your knowledge.

LaMotta
04-02-2015, 12:32 AM
I have not read or heard anything of that. I thought that move was one that cost us 2 points. I felt like blaming the management, but bow to your knowledge.

Boy next to me said DM signalled to the bench that he needed to come off.

monktonharp
04-02-2015, 12:33 AM
For the first time in a long time I feel we have a management team who have a clear vision of how they want us to play, identifying and signing players capable of playing this system to its full effect. They are also bringing out the best in the likes of Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Lewis Stevenson etc. it just goes to show how we, and these players I mentioned were let down drastically by the previous management team who's out of date football cost us our place in the top league. However, as Dempster says it's time we all stopped looking back and focused on what we're doing now. And I for one am bloody impressed in the manner Stubbs and his team have gone about things, especially the boys he's brought in, Allan, McGeouch, Malonga, Gray, Fontaine, Fyvie, Djedje, Watson. Add to that we now have two very good keepers and our squad is looking very strong for the run in with El Aligui to come back as well. To put it bluntly Stubbs has worked wonders in the short time he has had. Yes some results could have been better but most performances have been very good to watch. Looking forward to Saturday to hopefully get into the quarter finals of the cup..... To all concerned at Hibernian FC...:not worthMikey, I agree. I was a bit peed off, about the subs on Saturday , without knowing any real reason for the changes. I do like what has been going on with Stubbs and his backroom team.I will stand by my thoughts about 3 or 4 of the loan players not being with us next season, whatever way it pans out. However, as a vote of confidence to our current management staff and to the club in general, our supporters branch will occupy a table at the corporate on Saturday. a Quarter final place, would be good.

monktonharp
04-02-2015, 12:38 AM
Boy next to me said DM signalled to the bench that he needed to come off.ok mate, as previously said, Ithought it was a bad decision but without knowing that? hope he is fit for the cup game because he ran the show, for me.

LaMotta
04-02-2015, 12:47 AM
ok mate, as previously said, Ithought it was a bad decision but without knowing that? hope he is fit for the cup game because he ran the show, for me.

I didnt see it myself but one thing I will say is that Handling is better when he starts than when he comes on as a sub.

Mikey09
04-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Mikey, I agree. I was a bit peed off, about the subs on Saturday , without knowing any real reason for the changes. I do like what has been going on with Stubbs and his backroom team.I will stand by my thoughts about 3 or 4 of the loan players not being with us next season, whatever way it pans out. However, as a vote of confidence to our current management staff and to the club in general, our supporters branch will occupy a table at the corporate on Saturday. a Quarter final place, would be good.

My post wasn't aimed at anything you said mate. It was just how I'd been feeling and decided to post it as I was bored!! You're absolutely entitled to your opinion re loanees and subs but having played under some decent managers I for one realise there is always a valid reason why someone is taken off, or for that matter left on. Never jump the gun when it comes to questioning a managers decision.... I learned that the hard way under Frank Connor.... Maybe some older .netters will know of him!! :take that

monktonharp
04-02-2015, 12:51 AM
I didnt see it myself but one thing I will say is that Handling is better when he starts than when he comes on as a sub. not confident with him on the park. he hardly got into the game, and drifted along. you may have a point that if he is on from the start, he needs and knows that he has to buckle down and focus .

My_Wife_Camille
04-02-2015, 01:52 AM
The first person who uses the term 'Raumdeuter' on here to describe someones best position gets a slap!
This guy gets it!:top marks

greenlex
04-02-2015, 02:25 AM
"Im a holding midfielder"
"What exactly are you holding Son?"

Cameron1875
04-02-2015, 04:54 AM
The change in quality per position is probably the main reason why I trust Stubbs as our manager. We are a division below yet we have possibly the strongest midfield since first 6 months of John Hughes team.

I know some key players could leave in the summer if we aren't promoted but that's always gonna be the case in this league.

If some like Mcgeouch and Allan look for a move cause we don't get promoted then stuff them.

Players come and go but its a privilege to play for Hibs. People shouldn't forget that.

Thecat23
04-02-2015, 06:17 AM
I, like you, am enjoying good players while they are here. I, LIKE YOU, feel that I have every right to post my comments on here and the difference being that I try not to denounce comments from others other than suggesting my opposition to theirs. cannae see any sign of a comet hitting my area tonight, but I will stick with my thoughts that the 3 main players mentioned earlier could well be on their way soon, and some on here wont admit that they are only here for such a short term.

My comment was more tongue in cheek! Post what ever you like I honestly couldn't care. All I'm saying is lighten up a bit!! Yes the players might go so what? Football is like that, I'd hope that every single player has ambitions to move on to bigger and better things because that way they will play out their skin most weeks to ensure they get a move. I'd be raging if a player thinks Hibs are the best they would get and settle here just plodding along each week.

Andy74
04-02-2015, 09:07 AM
bored you did it? or just not looking facts in the face.

After almost the rest wasn't worth it.

We didn't sell Allan there was no almost about it. The point you were trying to make was then a bit redundant.

jacomo
04-02-2015, 11:52 AM

I want every player in our squad to be trying to prove they are too good for us!

And saying Dundee Utd almost signed Scott Allan is like saying we almost signed Leigh Griffiths - we asked, but his parent club said no.

theonlywayisup
04-02-2015, 12:46 PM

I understand exactly what you are saying, but do think your posts are possibly too negative for me. What you state could happen, but isn't it nice that people are now a lot more positive about Hibs and the future. The big change at Hibs is that they are aiming to have a structure that if a successful manager leaves, the whole place doesn't collapse and the re-building starts again. The same with players in that they are aiming to have two good players for each position, when one leaves the deputy is as good. As Alan Stubbs states, we are only just at the start of that journey.

Mikey09
04-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I understand exactly what you are saying, but do think your posts are possibly too negative for me. What you state could happen, but isn't it nice that people are now a lot more positive about Hibs and the future. The big change at Hibs is that they are aiming to have a structure that if a successful manager leaves, the whole place doesn't collapse and the re-building starts again. The same with players in that they are aiming to have two good players for each position, when one leaves the deputy is as good. As Alan Stubbs states, we are only just at the start of that journey.

Absolutely. Although maybe we should lighten up a wee bit when we drop points and then start harping back to how "nothing has changed!!" Not a dig at you just making a general point....

PeterboroHibee
04-02-2015, 02:41 PM

In what respect did United 'almost' take Allan from us? They bid for him and it was rejected.

Watson did say he wanted to try his luck in England, but hes since said he may stay at Hibs if it works out for him. Armstrong also said he wanted to go to England, but has signed for Celtic...

As for Fyvie, how do you know it wasnt the club who offered him a short term deal? Hes barely played any football since leaving Aberdeen, and until he makes his claim for a first team spot, is there to strengthen the squad. If he offers something to the team and its right for both parties, he may sign longer term.

As others have said, it seems a very negative ways of looking at it when things are going pretty well at the moment. We have a really good squad (many of whom are tied up for next season at least), Id say thats something to be positive about!