PDA

View Full Version : how many posts

livi hibs 1875
02-02-2015, 11:54 PM
hey guys how many posts do you need to stop getting booted off when you ban non members when its busy, goot booted off the night just as thr ff deal was going through

Hermit Crab
02-02-2015, 11:58 PM
hey guys how many posts do you need to stop getting booted off when you ban non members when its busy, goot booted off the night just as thr ff deal was going through

The admins will be able to explain this one for you but I think they can boot off normal members as well as guests leaving only the private members logged in if the server is struggling to cope with the traffic visiting the site.

HoboHarry
03-02-2015, 12:04 AM
If you offer to pay for the strippers at this years Admin's Christmas Party you will never get turfed oot again...... :greengrin

livi hibs 1875
03-02-2015, 12:06 AM
If you offer to pay for the strippers at this years Admin's Christmas Party you will never get turfed oot again...... :greengrin

if only i knew i could have payed for xmas past. huh :rolleyes:

HoboHarry
03-02-2015, 12:09 AM
if only i knew i could have payed for xmas past. huh :rolleyes:
If they ever turf me oot I'll pay for a stripper - I would hire that gigantic Jambo howler that was hanging out of her window - that would teach 'em......

Maybe someone could post a picture of that wee beauty.....

livi hibs 1875
03-02-2015, 12:11 AM
If they ever turf me oot I'll pay for a stripper - I would hire that gigantic Jambo howler that was hanging out of her window - that would teach 'em......

Maybe someone could post a picture of that wee beauty.....

that pic will give me nightmares please noooooooooooooo

Hermit Crab
03-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Become a PM. You can't get turfed out unless you do something silly and get banned.

livi hibs 1875
03-02-2015, 12:13 AM
well thanks for the help :gwa:

Bostonhibby
03-02-2015, 07:54 AM
well thanks for the help :gwa:

It nothing personal - when its really busy you can randomly have problems getting in / slower access etc - I did last night, For blockbusters like the transfer window I-spy option helps.

Mikey
03-02-2015, 08:30 AM

Last night we had to boot guests off fairly early but kept Registered users on as often as possible. There were times when they were emptied too, but for no more than 10 mins at a time. That gives the server time to settle down.

When that happens we're left with around 550 Private Members who have access and it runs pretty well at that level :greengrin

It always take a bashing in the last few hours of the transfer window but it isn't feasible to pay for a service that can cope with it when we're only talking about around 6 hours every year at that level. We're already paying £325 a month and that's more than enough.

If anyone wants to take out Private Membership just PM an admin :wink:

Mikey
03-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Thanks to those who have PM'd already. I'm out just now but will reply when I'm back.