PDA

View Full Version : Best Starting XI

Hibeesmad
02-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Now that we have officially got in all our players for the rest of the season, what would be the best starting XI to get us promoted?

Cerny

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeough
Robertson
Allan
Fyvie

Malonga
El Alagui

Subs:

Oxley
Watson
Forster
Craig
Boyle
Cummings
Djedje

#2 Double Tap
02-02-2015, 11:33 PM
our squad actually looks all right.........esp midfield.

first time in ages ive looked at our squad and smiled :D

we are hibs
03-02-2015, 06:35 AM
big dilema upfront. do we stick with cummings or will he make way for Farid/malonga when they return..... great problem to have compared to last season. all goalscorers.

EdinMike
03-02-2015, 06:45 AM
And Gray or Hanlon for captain...

Unseen work
03-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Find it bizarre the amount of people that wouldn't start the leagues top goal scorer

The Leith Dutch
03-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Find it bizarre the amount of people that wouldn't start the leagues top goal scorer

I get where you're coming from but it's probably a combination of the fact that El Alagui looked like a real class act before the injury and Malonga has a better overall scoring record (I think he's one goal behind Cummings but from quite a few less games).

However you cut it up it's a great problem to have that we've got three strikers that look like scoring goals whenever they play and that most of the fans agree are quality :)

Steve20
03-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Now that we have officially got in all our players for the rest of the season, what would be the best starting XI to get us promoted?

Cerny

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeough
Robertson
Allan
Fyvie

Malonga
El Alagui

Subs:

Oxley
Watson
Forster
Craig
Boyle
Cummings
Djedje

Cummings in for El Alagui and that's all I'd change from your starting eleven.

superfurryhibby
03-02-2015, 08:28 AM

Cerny

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeough
Robertson
Allan
Fyvie

Malonga
El Alagui

Subs:

Oxley
Watson
Forster
Craig
Boyle
Cummings
Djedje

Four central midfielders?

Much as I like the signing of Fyvie, we need the option of wide midfielders, especially against teams that sit in and defend?

I've mentioned on an other thread that we need some goals from midfield and that the lack of is why we are drawing so many games. Too easy to defend against teams who lack width.

heretoday
03-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Cummings has to play from the start.

J-C
03-02-2015, 09:03 AM
.................................................. ...Cerny.......................................... ............

Gray......................Hanlon.................. ..................Fontaine..................Steven son

............................Allan................. ...................Fyvie.......................... ............

Djedje....................................McGeouch ......................................Malonga..... .

..............................................Cumm ings/Farid...........................................

Cocaine&Caviar
03-02-2015, 09:05 AM

Much as I like the signing of Fyvie, we need the option of wide midfielders, especially against teams that sit in and defend?

I've mentioned on an other thread that we need some goals from midfield and that the lack of is why we are drawing so many games. Too easy to defend against teams who lack width.

Cant agree. The narrow diamond in midfield is very popular throughout Europe at the minute. With attacking full backs providing the width.

J-C
03-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Cant agree. The narrow diamond in midfield is very popular throughout Europe at the minute. With attacking full backs providing the width.

Like this...............

.................................................. .......Cerny...................................... ...........

Gray......................Hanlon.................. ...................Fontaine..............Stevenson

.................................................. ...Robertson...................................... ........

...................................Fyvie.......... ........................Allan..................... .......

.................................................. ..McGeoch......................................... .......

..................................Cummings........ ...............Malonga............................ ..

frazeHFC
03-02-2015, 09:10 AM
.................................................. ...Cerny.......................................... ............

Gray......................Hanlon.................. ..................Fontaine..................Steven son

............................Allan................. ...................Fyvie.......................... ............

Djedje....................................McGeouch ......................................Malonga..... .

..............................................Cumm ings/Farid...........................................

On paper a good team but I'd still have Robertson in there who can also do defensive work.

J-C
03-02-2015, 09:14 AM
On paper a good team but I'd still have Robertson in there who can also do defensive work.

It was just 1 system to show the strength we have now in the whole team, tbh Robertson as been laying really well but he took a knock and may be out for a week or so.

Andy74
03-02-2015, 09:26 AM

He wouldn't be if the other two played the full season though.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-02-2015, 09:40 AM
GK: Cerny

RB: Gray
RCB: Fontaine
LCB: Hanlon
LB: Stevenson

CDM: Robertson (box to box)
RCM: McGeouch
LCM: Fyvie
CAM: Allan

ST: El Alagui
ST: Cummings

Brightside
03-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Its also what we have played most of the season. We have the options of going to 352 also. Gray and Stevenson out wide and a triangle of Dylan, Allan and Robertson (or Fyfie once we check him out)

superfurryhibby
03-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Its also what we have played most of the season. We have the options of going to 352 also. Gray and Stevenson out wide and a triangle of Dylan, Allan and Robertson (or Fyfie once we check him out)

THat is my point really. All season we have been drawing games we should have won and there has to be a reason for this. I'm thinking that lack of goals, like saturday, is a huge factor. Our strikers have been doing the business, we need goals from midfield to back them up. Not happening. Can McGeough play wide right or Fyvie wide left? Not sure that's the case.

hibbysam
03-02-2015, 12:57 PM
THat is my point really. All season we have been drawing games we should have won and there has to be a reason for this. I'm thinking that lack of goals, like saturday, is a huge factor. Our strikers have been doing the business, we need goals from midfield to back them up. Not happening. Can McGeough play wide right or Fyvie wide left? Not sure that's the case.

Possibly due to missing a few players, 3-3 draws with Falkirk isnt due to missing chances, even Saturday had we defended a corner like we should we win 1-0, so an argument at both ends... We are certainly scoring enough goals IMO.

HappyHibby93
03-02-2015, 02:34 PM
GK: Cerny

RB:Gray
CB: Hanlon
CB: Fontaine
LB: Stevenson

RCM: McGeough
CM: Robertson
LCM: Fyvie
CAM: Allan

ST: Malonga
ST: Farid

superfurryhibby
03-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Possibly due to missing a few players, 3-3 draws with Falkirk isnt due to missing chances, even Saturday had we defended a corner like we should we win 1-0, so an argument at both ends... We are certainly scoring enough goals IMO.

Sure, the concern for me is that we are failing in some area, all the draws aren't down to absent players, hard luck or poor defending. That's why I'm saying we need more from midfield. I suspect the goals for tally from the regular starters is pretty poor. THe ability to chip in with a regular midfield goalscoring contribution means we have an added dimension to our firepower and takes some of the burden of scoring away from those up front?

kentao
03-02-2015, 03:24 PM
..............................Cerny............... .........

.............Watson......Hanlon.......Fontaine....

Stevenson.......Fyvie......McGeough.......Gray

.............................Allan................ ...........

................Cummings.....El Alagui..............,

Strongest 11 for me

The Sundance Kid
03-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Cerny

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Stevenson

Robertson
McGeouch
Fyvie
Allan

Malonga
El Alagui

Realise that it's harsh on Cummings but while he is top goalscorer for us, his goals per game ratio of 12 in 26 this season is nowhere near as clinical as Malonga's 11 in 15, El Alagui for me gives a different dimension in that he poses a real aerial threat and can hold the ball up upfront, while also having had a good goals per game ratio of 4 goals in 6 games before he ruptured his achilles. I rate Cummings and think he'll be a very important player for us both for the rest of this season and in the foreseeable future but feel that Malonga and El Alagui are currently better all round strikers and are a bit more clinical in front of goals. One thing's for sure there's no room for any of the strikeforce to have a dip in form if they want to stay in the starting 11.

Obviously both Cerny and Fyvie will have to prove themselves here first but if they are the same players they were at Hamilton and Aberdeen then I think they will both be first choice players for us

Unseen work
03-02-2015, 04:16 PM
Couple of hard decisions for him too make regarding the team

Oxley is very well liked within the changing room and dropping him for no reason could unsettle the squad.

Fyvie is obviously a brilliant addition, but I can't see him playing Craig's role on the left as it wouldn't suit him. Would have to be Robertson who had been brilliant in that role

Strikers - drop the young top goal scorer in the league for Farid who has spent most the season injured?

For me the team would be

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson
Fyvie
Robertson mcgeouch
Allan
Cummings malonga

And take it from there.

The options we now have in

Farid- proven goal scorer
Craig - goal scoring midfielder
Dje dja - full of pace and athleticism although not seen him much
Boyle - pace to burn and Young goal scorer
Stanton - creative young midfielder
Cerny - proven spl quality goalkeeper

Really is a change to what we have been used to of late

1van Sprou7e
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM

This is a load of ***** mate, Stubbs choosing to play without wingers is the best thing that happened to the club for a few years.

We've only lost 1 game since we switched to 352/442diamond and our record before was awful

J-C
03-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Couple of hard decisions for him too make regarding the team

Oxley is very well liked within the changing room and dropping him for no reason could unsettle the squad.

Fyvie is obviously a brilliant addition, but I can't see him playing Craig's role on the left as it wouldn't suit him. Would have to be Robertson who had been brilliant in that role

Strikers - drop the young top goal scorer in the league for Farid who has spent most the season injured?

For me the team would be

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson
Fyvie
Robertson mcgeouch
Allan
Cummings malonga

And take it from there.

The options we now have in

Farid- proven goal scorer
Craig - goal scoring midfielder
Dje dja - full of pace and athleticism although not seen him much
Boyle - pace to burn and Young goal scorer
Stanton - creative young midfielder
Cerny - proven spl quality goalkeeper

Really is a change to what we have been used to of late

Swap McGeouch for Allan as he has more drive, Allan likes to take the ball and use his brains to pick out passes whereas Dylan takes the ball and drives at his opponents.

hfc rd
03-02-2015, 11:44 PM
4-4-2 Diamond

Cerny

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Allan
McGeouch
Fyvie